A Far-Off Memory

Discussion in 'Archives' started by O R A N G E, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Thank you!

*smiles*

2. W7F King's Apprentice

I read somewhere that you'd be gone for a while. Well, I thought I'd bump this awesome fic so others can read it while you're gone. Hell, you might already be back, and just haven't been able to update, I dunno. Wutev, I just bumpeed it. Can't wait for the chapter on Riku. . .

3. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

Where did you hear that? I've been pretty active on this site. Well, at least I visit it every day. Sometimes I just don't get around to being on as long becuase of school and stuff. That being said, I usually update on weekends........ Oh look, it's Friday ;)

But thanks for bumping anyway.

4. W7F King's Apprentice

Eh...? ****. . . Well, maybe I got you mixed up with someone else, then. x_X Oh well, I guess. You're welcome for the bump.

5. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

Alright everyone. I'm in a slight pickle.

I have written 2 different versions of chapter 8, one involving an OC, and the other with an in-game character.

I'm not sure which one to make official. You see, this chapter is pretty important, and this chapter will alter the story entirely. I'm not sure if adding in an OC will be a positive or negative influence on the story, becuase I'm not sure if my readers would like it. So, I'm giving YOU the choice! *squee*

Should I include a character not normally involved in the KH universe, or should I include on that is?

Just so you know, if you do pick the OC, than there might be some other explanation and reading about the new character that would be necessary to understand them. But this information is already written, so It's not like it would take me any longer to update or anything should you make this choice.

So choose away! I'm eager to release Chapter 8.

The first option to receive 5 people to prefer it will be the one I use.

6. Forever Love Life Without Limits

To tell you the truth, I dont really mind which you use. Whatever makes the story better. =]

New characters are great. So Im up for that.

And if this character makes the story much more intense/awesome/suspenseful, I'm all for it.

So basically I'm saying I would love to have the new character or what not, but sticking to the original characters is great too.

7. W7F King's Apprentice

****. . . I'm always bad whenever it comes to an important decision like this. One of my fav fics could be altered depending upon what I say!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*slaps self* Whew... Ok, I think I'm good now. But, I still dun know what to choose. . .

Eeney, meeney, miney, mo. . .

I got KH related chapter. . . I guess it doesn't REALLY matter, 'cuz anything writen by you will be ttly awesome. So, just whatever everyone else wants will work for me.

8. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Yeah. What he said. ^^

9. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

That's what I was afraid people would say..

I'm completely and utterly undecided.

I'm not sure If I should call it Writer's block or something else.

10. Destined Working for WDW

i'd say go with the OC because it adds a new level of intrigue, we know nothing about this character or how he/she will impact the story. If you can figure out a way for it to flow (i.e. the new character of Roxas in KH2) then by all means rock the world.

And believe me, i know about writers block, and trying to figure out which characters to add or not add check my ff out

http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=18175&highlight=link,+destined+epic,+samus,+destiny

good luck!

11. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

Okay everyone. Drum roll please.

I've finished Chapter 8.

*PARTY*

And I found away to put off my uncertainty for another 3 chapters.

I'm not telling if I used and OC or not. Becuase you won't find out this chapter : D

I really don't mean to torture you, I swear!

Here we go.

Riku choked as though fighting back tears, though he was not crying. All of his senses were on alert; the quiet, almost comfortable state he had been in on the floor a moment ago was utterly obliterated the moment he realized where he was. He scanned the area, looking in all directions, searching every inch of his vision for any kind of enemy. Nobody was there.

He didn't let his guard down. He had spent enough time here to know that even when there appeared to be no one in your midst, you could be approached at any minute by someone who was not there less than a second ago.

He did not mean to come here. He intended to get to Disney Castle when using the door to leave Destiny Islands so he could talk with Mickey. He was attempting to seal the door shut behind him, which was difficult because the door was meant to be left open. Instead of sealing itself again, it exploded, and Riku wound up passing out. When he woke up, he was not where he originally intended to go, but instead back in the place where he feared to be most. His heart was uncertain of his intents, so he was instead brought to a place of nothingness.

Everything seemed incredibly familiar, a feeling he didn't necessarily enjoy, and because the familiarity reminded him of the last time he was here. He had not been alone, but he had felt incredibly alone--that is, until he met one of the people who had changed his life drastically.

As if in tune with his thoughts, a voice behind him said, almost sarcastically:

"It's been too long, Riku."

He wheeled around, his weapon at the ready.

And his heart stopped.

He thought he would never see her again, but there she was, standing there right in front of him.

Before he could do anything else, he hugged her, and she hugged back with immense enthusiasm.

MUA HUA HUA HA HA!

I'm sorry, it was just too tempting.

And just to let you know, this character IS NOT going to get all ovey dovey with Riku, I won't turn this into a boring old romance story with nothing but romance and no adventure. Yuck.

I'm still not telling if it's an OC or not. You can speculate that until the next Riku chapter.

*Runs away from angry fans who have torches and pitchforks*
    *fans corner me in a dark alley*
    Me: No, No! I'm going to work on Chapter 9! It's okay!
    *Fans murmur about how I should update faster and slump into the shadows as I run for my life*

12. Destined Working for WDW

this is a good avenue you've taken, and i like the introduction of a character with a background that we don't know anything about yet. Well done.

*putting away pitchfork*

13. Forever Love Life Without Limits

I have a huge case of anticipation for the next chapter.

This was good...

Even though I totally forgot what happened in the last Riku chapter... since it's been so long since an update. *hint hint*

Good job nonetheless.

=)

14. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

Well it was chapter 4 and it was really short, so it's not like you can't go back and read it.

I promise I'll try to update faster.

15. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Yeah, I know. I'm just too lazy.
    XD

But yeah, keep em coming.
    =]

16. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Hmm...

No new chapter I see.
    Will updates be soon?

This story is becoming interesting.

17. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

Wow...awesome story! :) Although at first there were a few grammar errors in the beginning, they later disappeared...you did awesome!! Can't wait to find out what happens next! But take your time - as long as each chapter is full of detail and is just as intriguing~!

18. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

I know, it's almost been a month, but I'm working on it, I promise.

I'm about halfway done.

If I really set my mind to it, I might be able to finish tonight =]

19. JellyBeing ALL. THE. BUTTS.

I hadn't read this last chapter yet. It was very good. ^_^ I'm really interested on findoing out who this mysterious girl is.

Pfffffft... take your time. You can even take like; oh say, 5,6,7 months if you wanted. XD

As always, keep up the good work!

20. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

....I'm not gonna pull a JellyBeing and NEVER update my story again even though it inspired one that was written by another member......*HINT*

Which reminds me that I should change the front page from 01_Kairi to JellyBeing.

I'm hurrying! I promise!

And the next Riku chapter is not for a while so you're gonna have to wait. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.