Television 12 Monkeys

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by SoulboundAlchemist, Jan 21, 2015.

1. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Anybody know about the new Sy Fy original series 12 Monkeys?

2. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I am highly curious! I believe it has to do with time travel and viruses? Unfortunately I did not get a chance to see the original. Do you have a rough description of what it is about?

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Wait, is this by any chance based off the movie 12 Monkeys?

4. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Ok, the original goes like this:

A man named James Cole (Bruce Willis) is a prison inmate from somewhere around the year 2030, after the human race has been driven underground by a deadly virus. He is recruited by a group of scientists to go back in time to find the virus before it mutated, so they can find a cure. In the process he inadvertently creates the circumstances that causes the virus to be released. But, he can't change history, only interact with it to get information.

As far as I can tell, yes it is. Beyond the fact that the trailer said it was based off of the movie, I can't tell how much is the same, and how much they changed. I do know, however, that it will only have six episodes.

5. Krowley Moderator

Don't recognize much cast either. Only Amanda Schull and Aaron Stanford (Solely as Pyro from the X-Men films)

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

That sounds rather brilliant. If I have time (and resources) I might take a look at the movie itself before delving into the series, especially if it is only six episodes long. I do not hold the most trust with syfy but the details of the plot pull at the inner cords that make time travel stories such a delight.

7. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Be careful with this movie, its one of the most bizarre time travel movies I have ever seen. It also has one of the most insane villains ever (insane meaning mentally unstable)

8. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Hey, is there anyone who managed to watch through all 13 episodes of 12 Monkeys, and if so, who else was thoroughly TICKED by that ending?!?!?