12/12/12

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Shizzy, Jan 10, 2009.

?

Do you believe that the world will end on 12/12/12?

1. Definetly! Make the most of life while we still have it!

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. The Mayan calender only stops because someone died...

15 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. The world, won't end, but something bad will happen.

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. This is a bunch of rubish.

119 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

My phone calender goes up to 3000, so the world MUST last up until then.

Because a primitive, barabaric tribe with no scientific knowledge can accurately predict what year and day cataclismic events will happen.

Alternatively, the Mayans were wiped out by the Aztecs before they got a chance to finish their calendar.

Once again, mankind forsakes common sense in favour of blind belief, stupidity, and mass panic.

2. Styx That's me inside your head.

The Mayans were rather smart in that age, not to be compared with most other "primitive barbaric tribes". Also, they were wiped out by the Spanish and not the Aztecs.

3. Renna Delight Merlin's Housekeeper

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Mayans the ones that sacrificed themselves on (Just about) a daily basis to appease their gods? Even if they were advance, I don't think they're something to completely rely on. Besides, whoever was making the calender made it years into the future, they had to stop somewhere! I mean, if I wrote down dates for thousands of years, ones I wasn't going to see, I would've stopped at some point . . . Even if the year wasn't finished!

Besides, even if it's a prediction of the world's ending then who's to say that it's more reliable than all the OTHER doom dates?

We're not gonna know when the world is going to end, and when the end is upon us there is nothing we can do about it. Even if we try to predict it.
    So we need to stop worrying about it, freaking out other people, and just enjoy our lives.

4. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

My thoughts are this; So the Mayan Calendar stopped at that month. Wow, big hairy deal. They said the world was going to end in the year 2000, but guess who's still sitting on her rump listening to Japanese music and writing Riku Fan Fics?

My answer is this; what if they were just too lazy to go that far? What if their mystic wasn't all power and just couldn't see that far into the future? What if they ran out of space on the calendar and didn't feel like making another one? There are so many diverse possibilities, just because some old calendar ends doesn't mean the world will end when it does.

:/ Everyone's just being paranoid. But go ahead, might as well get themselves worked up, and I'll just sit back and laugh when this supposed day passes by and everyone is panicking.

5. StarkMad Banned

Bogus.
    I think it's just a superstition that some idiot thought up and stood on the corner of downtown DC and bull horned it to everyone.

It said computers were going to shut down.
    Not that the world was going to end.

6. Imiko Destiny Islands Resident

*GASP! The LIED to me! D: < My stupid friends. xD And plus maybe it's because I don't remember that year, as well as the fact that I watch too much family guy. ;D

7. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

A detail, they were still wiped out. And as Renna Delight said, they sacrificed people to appease their gods, which to me screams: Ignorant and barbaric. So maybe I shouldn't have said primitive, but they were still barbaric.

8. Styx That's me inside your head.

This thread is pretty old too. I'm not going to close this now. You can continue here.

9. Ah eff. Traverse Town Homebody

I think it's complete bull. However, I bet a bunch of people will try to off themselves before because they're just that superstitious

10. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

Btw, this december 12th 2012 reminds me of a movie I've recently seen...

[​IMG]

11. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

in 2000, computers were supposed to take over the world, did they? NO!

12. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

It's kinda funny how some people panic about this, when in fact in 2000 we were supposed to die also from some "Cosmic Calamity" and we didnt..

So its going to be the same as before. So people need to stop worrying.

13. Ven The Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

Having fun locked in a closet with Kairi 8D
    I don't believe in this ****, just like how the world was supposedly supposed to end on 06/06/06 cause of the devil. :nonono:

14. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

You mean 06/06/06.

666 is the so called number of the devil. =]

15. Ven The Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

Having fun locked in a closet with Kairi 8D
    Yeah, sorry. Thanks, I'll edit that now *edits*

16. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't believe any of this. Just because the calender stops on that date does not mean the world is going to end. Heck, the world was supposed to end in 2000 and we're still here. There is no doubt in my mind that the world will not end in 2012.

17. krayzie Lionhart

12/12/12 will be just another day