12/12/12

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Shizzy, Jan 10, 2009.

?

Do you believe that the world will end on 12/12/12?

1. Definetly! Make the most of life while we still have it!

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. The Mayan calender only stops because someone died...

15 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. The world, won't end, but something bad will happen.

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. This is a bunch of rubish.

119 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. Stardust Chaser

I don't think it'll end that day, but who knows, really? The world could even end tomorrow. We have no way of knowing.

...It would suck if it ended that day though, since my birthday is 12/9. xD

2. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Yes, of course the world is going to end...just like it did on 06/06/0006 [year six], on 01/01/2000 at 12:00 AM, and lastly on 06/06/2006. There was also a day that passed by not too long ago, sometime at the end of 2008 that the world was supposed to end due to a black hole energy of some sort. Clearly we all are dead. Just like how Hell rises on Earth every Friday the 13th.

I think it's just one of the god-fearing superstitions that people held because there was no way to tell when disaster would strike. There is nothing that can help us predict when the world will end, and it's just strikingly hilarious that there are people who do believe in this nonsense, and actually take part in services that are supposed to "free" your soul from the wrath of the horrid death.

Sounds like a bad Science Fiction movie.

3. Kites Chaser

Which they are making into a movie called "2012". xD

4. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Which he should release on Dec. 21, 2012. But he won't, since he's probably a pansy. >>

5. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

The actual "Mayan" date is closer to the 20th of December. So that just blew your whole theory out of the water =]

6. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

The Mayans just stopped filling in the calender because they had more important things to worry about like trying to stay alive with the Spaniards landing and killing the people with guns and their European diseases. And along with that civil war was breaking out so a calender was far less important.

Only thing that's going to happen that day is mass suicides and christmas shopping. Humanity will be here on December 22, 2012.

7. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Well...the idea of it made into a movie sounds better than believing in the idea itself.

8. Kites Chaser

Yeah I actually want to see the movie with my friends. I saw the trailer for it when I went to see Harry Potter, but since it's made by the same guy who did "The Day After Tomorrow", which was a good movie I might see it.

9. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

No.
    I don't think it will; there's a better chance of humankind ending rather than the Earth imploding or whatever bull's floating around on the internet or media.
    It happened to the dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, so if a large meteor was to have a trajectory that happens to cross Earth, yeah, then we're screwed, but not the planet itself.
    And anyway life can be very hard to exterminate, even when essentially everything died in the age of the dinosaurs, some things survived, and here we are now.

Astronomically speaking Earth is very young, so while space may throw a giant rock or two at us, the actual Earth isn't likely to break apart on its own.

10. tSG1 Chaser

Something bad will happen.

Example: Game: Prototype.

11. yushe\sora Twilight Town Denizen

I believe that on that day, something REALLY good will happen. I don't like to think that the world is going to end before i graduate high school O.O
    (I also saw the trailer for 2012 too. it looks like a great movie)

12. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

The day movies like 2012 are considered good, THAT is the day the world will end. =D

13. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

All I'm gonna say on this topic is that my phone's calendar ends on Christmas day 2088... THAT'S the date I'm holding out for...

14. blacknumbers Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't think that the world will end on 12/12/12. Seriously, I think the Mayans just built the calender around their own religion, which isn't the religion I follow.

15. kitty_has_claws246 Traverse Town Homebody

I think that if enough people believe that the world will end on 12/12/12 then they're going to cause chaos and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. And if that does happen, I'm laughing at humanity and moving to mars.

16. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

i think the whole thing is nonsense. people have predicted the end of the world before and yet, we're still here. although, the mayans were advanced, but they weren't frickin psychic.

17. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

I think that this is something we shouldn't really worry about. If the world ends, the world ends. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Either way half the people will be wrong. And then we won't refer to the Mayan Calendar anymore. Simple as that.

I don't specifically want to believe it. Especially because of the fact that it would just end. I find that hard to believe.

And you guys do realize that it's not just Mayan calendar? There are other things that point to that. I'm not an expert but there was someone (really important guy) and he predicted the end of the world in 2012 through religious aspects. I think their religious.

I knwo that's not concrete evidence but you can probably find that info on the history channel because that's where I watched it.

Yeah, there's that too. All the hype can cause chaos within itself.
    Yeah, the paths of meteors have been studied more far advanced into the future. Around 2023, there's supposed to be some sort of meteor that will barely miss the planet, and then either the same meteor or a new one, most likely the same, will come back two years later with direct impact.

but with the Earth breaking apart, that's how they theorized how some moons are created. More to the point, our moon.

18. krayzie Lionhart

thats fake
    of course it wont end

19. RogueKeybearer Merlin's Housekeeper

If the world is gonna end in 2012... um.... THEN I'M A MONKEY'S UNCLE...
    (uh, wait... my neice does act like a....) well I'm safe either way...:poketoungeb:

20. Wingmaker Destiny Islands Resident

Um, I don't know if this is going to sound too lame or naive, but how can people 5000 years ago know the future before us...? Oh and there is no such thing about the end of the world. It is about ''The end of Time''. There are many theories about that. Anyhow, I am gonna be 19 by then, so there is really no problem if something like that happened...! ^^