12/12/12

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Shizzy, Jan 10, 2009.

?

Do you believe that the world will end on 12/12/12?

1. Definetly! Make the most of life while we still have it!

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. The Mayan calender only stops because someone died...

15 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. The world, won't end, but something bad will happen.

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. This is a bunch of rubish.

119 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

2. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

GUYS GUYS GUYS

We're forgetting the meteor that the archangels live on :D

3. childofturin Why?

4. DeathKingApocalypse080808 Destiny Islands Resident

The mayan calender has ended a couple times you know, thay just restarted it

5. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

As I clearly stated, The axis does not flip upside down! This is what it will do.

View attachment 2419

As any intelligent person can see, the axis has a wobbly rotation, and It has been slowing rotating. As you can also see, because of the change in the rotation, The sunlight's distribution to the Northern and southern Hemispheres has been having a gradual change since the world was created. The seasons will alter, but not in the way you are thinking.
    Our calender isn't perfect, as shown by the fact that we have leap years. So we won't really notice anything different about the change in what time in the year the seasons will take place, because our calender makes up for that. This has been a gradual change. we've been feeling this since forever.

bottom line here, just like how the world rotates on the world's axis, The axis has a wobbly rotation based on the position of the planet's Core.

6. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Excuse me for not believing your MS paint illustration as infallible evidence, but I find this hard to believe especially since I previously thought that the axis of the earth stayed stationary in relation to the sun, thereby changing its tilt relatively to the sun as it orbited around it. This also fills in the gap in your logic that the wobble increases in momentum and wobbles perfectly precisely once every year.
    [​IMG]

7. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Sigh it doesn't, let me get you an article.

8. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Oh yes, and I almost forgot. The seasons aren't perfect, but basic nature compensates for that with ice ages and such. Leap years exist because the orbit around the sun takes 365 1/4 day to complete, so rather than make things complicated we offset it and then compensate for the gap in measurement.

inb4biasedsourcetryingtobepassedoffascredible

9. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

It's been awhile since I looked this up, so my memory was a little hazy here. It can happen within one day. It's called pole shift. and it's caused by the galactic equinox. Two videos right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aPN...069688EE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

this video explains what pole shift is. watch it 2 mins and 3 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5YdAcgFIM

This video explains the cause of it. The position of our axis is not just determined by the sun, but also determined by the center of the galaxy. Remember that galaxies have a rotation too ;)

10. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

1st source; I find it hilarious how many people they're trying to brainwash with this, on the grounds that they titled their website "How to survive 2012" when they're trying to tell people that all life on earth will begin to end there.

2nd source; Understandable enough, however I find that in this video they take Mayan scriptures such as "the dark rift" and bend them to fit their means. They are essentially taking religion and bringing it into science, which is a big no-no. Other than that, the scientific aspect is good in theory, but that's all it is. A theory.

Indeed they do, but that is a massive amount of calculation of the force of gravity and will be nearly impossible to calculate with modern knowledge.

11. Alphonsefanatic Traverse Town Homebody

In the Bible it says no one will know when the day will come. Not even the angels.
    This whole mayan thing is bullsh*t.

12. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Well look who watched tv yesterday. I saw that too. But good enough link to make here, I like it.

13. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Defintely garbage. Who is to say that the Mayans are all knowing? Just because it was recorded in history, but what if someone just made that all up? We will never know, but the point is just to live each day to the fullest for we will never know if we'll die many years from now or even tomorrow? Time will only tell along with many factors that play a role such as health, environment, society as a whole, naturnal disasters and even yourself with the decisions you choose to make.

14. chargedcloud Twilight Town Denizen

well normaly i would have chose this is a bunch of rubbish but.. the second kinda makes sence... hystory dont make itself people make history, so the dude or gal who made the calander probabaly die before he can add 10 more years, or he probably got tired of righting numbers... the mayans where complex with math and science, so if they knew they probably would have came up with a solution, and incrypted that in hystory. theres nothing but theories and im sorry but if you beleive in this your believing in their religion due to the fact its a beleif.

15. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Why would the world end when it's the year I turn 15? Jeez..

I respect the Mayans and their beliefs but...I can't say that their calendar is correct..can I?

16. The Fuk? Dead

I think if the end of the world were to occur we see noticeable signs of it, not just glaciers melting. Plus like you said, we made it past Y2K, so I guess we'll wait to shut people up see what happens

17. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Nah..the shutting up should start now..

18. Fellangel Bichael May

Bunch of palatapus ****. This is the most stupidest thing i've ever heard. All BS

19. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

People thought the world was going to end in 1999.
    Some even thought Satan or his child was going to be born/rise in 6/06/06.
    True something always will happen like a natural disaster and such and there is no avoiding that. Granted though the world will eventually end but I don't see this happening anytime soon.

20. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

When people can go twenty years without panicking over the possible end of the universe as we know it....THAT, is when the world will end. =D