Chain of Memories 1.5 Remix RE:CoM more comfortable?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Jin, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Jin うごかないで

Is there anything that can make this game more comfortable? like is there something I need to pay attention to when it comes to fighting during the story? I'm finding it really difficult to get used to no matter how much I try to reassure myself the sleights and the CP points are just not helping me at all I don't know.

Have any of you got any Idea's on what I need to do to get better at RE:CoM?

2. Misty gimme kiss

What exactly are you having troubles with? There's a lot to cover with Re:CoM's battle system. Do you understand the basics of the card system (breaking cards, sleights, premium cards, etc.)? Have you built an effective deck? Do you have a good mixture of cards in your deck? Are you struggling with a particular boss?

The simplest solution is like any other KH game: grind.

3. Jin うごかないで

I'm just having difficulty comprehending the entire card system , opening doors , battling. The game itself isn't really giving me a good enough tutorial of the card system or how sleights work. Just in general I need a more enough simple explanation of each situation involving the cards about doors and what you mean by an "effective deck" It might seem stupid but I'm honestly having difficulty with the card based battle game play I find myself always getting card broke most of the time and eventually reloading to the point I only reload 3 cards.

4. Explode Who?!

The system at its core is really simple. The higher number card/combo/sleight wins, except for 0, which can break anything that is already active (meaning you see an enemy's card in the bottom-center of the screen), and can be broken by anything if an enemy plays a card while yours is still in effect.

Basically the same thing for doors. Most show a number with an up arrow. So if you see (5^), that means you can use a card with a value of five or greater. Sometimes you can only use cards of a certain color (I believe red, green, or blue), which it will indicate. So pay attention to the number and color of the card. Also read the description for each card, because they determine what's inside the room you just opened. Some rooms make Heartless weaker, while others make them stronger, etc. Moment's Reprieve will lead to a room with a save point. A Calm Bounty will have a treasure chest containing either a new card or sleight (I always use at least one of these for each floor, because they have unique cards/sleights for each world).

Some tips on building your deck:

-Look at the sleight list (I think you press square when editing your deck) and see what cards you need to execute them. Set up your deck so you can easily use them, one after another. In most battles, I press triangle a lot more than I press X, because I have my deck set up as a series of powerful sleights. If you want to get fancy, try and order your sleights so that when you reload them (now missing the first card in your original sleights) your deck is ordered so that you can use other sleights. But that can get complicated, so learn the basics first.

-If the order of the cards in your sleight doesn't matter, put the lowest valued card first. Ex: If you need a total value of 15 to use the sleight, and you have cards valued 6, 7, and 2, re-order them: 2, 6, 7. This way, when you reload you keep your higher value cards, and get rid of the low value card that can easily be broken by enemies.

-Make use of the shortcut button. If you go to Customize (I think), you can choose a card in your deck so that when you press Left (I think) on the D-pad, it'll snap right to that card. This way you can quickly heal when you're low on health, without having to frantically look through your deck for a cure card.

-Keep 0 cards at the bottom of your deck. This is especially helpful for bosses, because they can use sleights. When you see that they activated a sleight, just press R1(or R2, depending on your settings) twice, and use a zero card to break it. You can also use them to fend off attacks when you're almost out of cards and want to reload.

For regular Heartless battles, I'll use sleights like crazy, even just stock cards that don't make a sleight, because I know the battle is short, and I won't get stuck with a really small deck that I have to keep reloading. For boss battles, I'm a little more conservative about my card usage. Usually I go through my first set of sleights, but after reloading I just play my cards normally, watching what they put down, break it if I can, otherwise dodge it. I'll throw down a sleight or regular card stock every once in a while if I think I can afford it. I'm always conscious of how many cards I've got left.

5. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Also whenever you Level UP always pick "learn sleight" (if available!), using chests cards (calm bounty, false bounty, etc..) once in every world will unlock you new cards and sleights, all the next will be old cards you already have (but can be better than the ones you have).

When possible make moogle rooms, buy everything you can (start with the more expensive decks), sell what you know you don't want to buy new decks.

Start making fun dekcs!

There is the SUPREME DECK:
    ALL SONIC BLADE! As sonic blade needs to have 20-23 total value it will probably break 95% of all the enemy's attacks (even sleights, even at bosses), for all "floor bosses" (riku, organization) is THE BEST deck ever! Inside the worlds will kill almost everything as well.. but some flying enemies won't be in its range.. even though because all cards are high value you probably can use this deck to attack them without worrying about break cards.

As only attacking seems boring to me I do a mix of magic/attack sleights for the floors:
    Mega flare (Kills everything that isn't immune to fire magic/or shields it )

Quake/Shock impact ( Simba's sleights are great!)

Lethal flame (it is awesome, and it casts stop!)

Blitz (It will kill the flying /imunne heartless).
    Tornado (it will kill magic imune heartless, but won't stand much damage against most bosses)

Raids decks are great as well! But as your character becomes stationary it will lose some experience over time.. but it can be a great starter deck!

----

As for "map cards":

1) always use: Premium cards/White rooms/Black rooms all of them have a high chance of giving you premium cards , that are cards that are cheaper CP (thus allowing you to carry more).. they can't be reloaded, but that is fine! you need sleights don't you? So put the first card of you sleight to be a PREMIUM CARD (as it would be one time use only anyway!).

(By the way, even with a full premium cards deck it is possible to recover your deck by using POTIONS they will recover cards that you used on sleights/ or premium cards).

2) Even though the best fighting bonus comes from GREEN CARDS, save all of them that you can , because at the last 3 floors they won't fall at all! THis is gonna make opening treasure rooms too dificult!

3) Almight darkness/bootomless pit/ and cards that have "darkness" on it will make it easier to get ENEMY CARDS (that are by far the most difficult to have ).

6. Jin うごかないで

This was really helpful , thank you for that. I feel a bit more comfortable now still I feel off playing with cards of course but I'll get used to it , the deck building help really helped along with customisation , Thank you again since I really needed that brief explanation on the game battle system as well with sleights and I didn't realise I could pick a short cut card

7. Explode Who?!

No problem, man. Glad that I could help. Yeah, the battle system requires a little more thought than the other games, but not as much as you might think. As long as you build a decent deck, you should be able to breeze through most battles.