1.5 and 2.5 release on PS4 more possible?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

While the response from Nomura and Yasue on a PS4 release for the two Kingdom Hearts remasters is generally "We'll see," an interesting leak happened today, listing FFX/X-2 HD (which had been released on the PS3 and Vita) for a release on the PS4. I am hoping this also means 1.5 and 2.5 would eventually be released for the PS4 as well.

2. Patman Bof

I saw the peeps on my usual FF forum loosing their **** over this. I think they' re assuming SE will add stuff to try and make those who bought the PS3 version want to buy it again. I' m more inclined to expect a mere copypaste.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm honestly fine with a mere copypaste, since I don't exactly have the means to play either right now, and I would still love to have something more to play....in 2-4 years

4. Explode Who?!

In spite of the fact that I bought another PS3 almost exclusively to play 2.5, I really hope they do this. Ideally with a few fixes and improved load times.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Exactly what kinds of fixes and bad load times are you talking about?

6. Explode Who?!

As a whole, both are great HD collections, but there are a few mistakes/issues.

Some load times in KH2 are kind of lengthy. When going to adjacent areas it's fine, but when they have to load areas "far away" on the disk (like for Absent Silhouettes and some cutscenes), it can take 10 seconds or more. The most abysmal thing is the Drive form loading. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds to transform. Mind you you're invincible, but in certain situations it can mess you up. Pausing the game will resolve that, but it's annoying. Occasionally it'll even freeze the game for a couple seconds. Surprisingly, BBS load times are actually pretty good, though in my experience the frame rate will drop occasionally. Not to a level that hinders the gameplay though.

In the beginning of BBS, they used the wrong texture for Ventus' heart station. In it, he has his Keyblade and armor, along with the Wayfinder and Land of Departure symbols, which doesn't make sense chronologically. And in the secret ending, Aqua still has her PSP model/textures.

It's very rarely a problem, but sometimes the aspect ratio of certain assets doesn't cover the full screen, and sometimes animation jumps or stops too early, because in the original version the character was offscreen in that moment.

Getting into nitpicking here, but in KH1, on the floating Island where you fight Darkside, the border texture is glitched from certain angles, which is minor, but there's a big closeup on it in the cutscene.

I wouldn't expect them to fix everything, but load times/frame rate problems, as well as important model/texture fixes would be at the top of my list. Also, the ability to turn off subtitles would be nice. But I'm getting ahead of myself. This isn't anywhere close to being announced.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  7. Amaury Legendary Hero

I never noticed the load times. Any specific examples?

On a sort of related note, I was playing Breath of Fire III last night, and when I went to make camp in the desert (after crossing the desert of death), it froze), so I just gave up (because it happened before and I had to reset the game and cross the desert again). While sitting at the computer doing stuff, it suddenly loaded about 15 minutes later. :o

As for subtitles, they're awesome! :D

8. Explode Who?!

It's important to note that compared to a lot of games, the load times are totally fine. But Kingdom Hearts has always (except for BBS on PSP) had very short load times, so that's the standard that I'm going by.

Like I said, entering/exiting the Absent Silhouette battles is a bit long. Or entering the Cavern of Remembrance. Or going to the gummi ship world map. It may have something to do with the music changing between those parts, but I'm not sure. A cutscene example would be going from DiZ's computer room to Roxas' bedroom.

10 seconds is rare, but there's still a noticeable increase. Speed runners of the game noted that playing 2.5 rather than PS2 KH2FM adds a solid 40 minutes to their run because of loading.

lol, the subtitles are awesome? They're fine, but I'd like the option to turn them off.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Oh, it's only with Final Mix? That's probably why I haven't noticed.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The HD ReMixes to be more precise.

Anyway, while shorter load times would be nice, the load times haven't bothered me much (if at all). I would instead prefer they focus on fixing some textures and taking care of any glitches.

11. Explode Who?!

Drive form loading I think should be top priority, because that's a big performance issue, but otherwise I agree.

I also forgot to mention the Palace Courtyard skybox in Castle of Dreams, which is just a solid blue color now. Bothers my eyes =_=;

12. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

You know... they could totally make an excuse to do this by simply adding Dream Drop Distance to the mix and re-branding it as like "Kingdom Hearts 3.5 Complete" or something. I really wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens cause like, come on, why stop at all previous titles.

13. Patman Bof

If they do that they' d better make DDD available separately, otherwise they' d be begging for outrage. Don' t tell me they had no idea this was coming, I' m not buying that for a second (nor will I buy the exact same set of games twice in a year). But then all the Final Mixes were Final Planned Obsolescence In Your Asses in the first place, so I wouldn' t put it past them.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  14. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

Exactly, I wouldn't put it past them either.

15. Antidote Façade

As much as I love these collections, I doubt I would purchase them again if they were released for the PS4. I'm guessing nothing would change much in terms of graphics, and they would maybe just iron out a few glitches and fix loading times.