PROJECT【 ♫ 】NOCTURNE

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Jayn, Apr 13, 2012.

1. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

@Dinny thanks for the explanation! I sorta understood, but looked it up on youtube and found several videos explaining it. Still confused on some details but I get the basics.

Also I ran into this:
    [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeHtjzL-07c[/video]

2. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Oh no, that probably sounded mean. fufuffu. I cannot express my emotions well. You're not intimidating, don't worry.

I don't know if I'll be able to take part, timezones an all. I'm trying to get my sleep schedule under control, again. I'm free from 7am-9pm//maybe 10? [GMT + 1:00] Oh well. I hope all of you enjoy it~

So, is anybody else enjoying the pre-summer heat? It's so lovely here in the UK.

@Greater_bloo - Haha, I remember watching that awhile ago.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

*pokes head in*

*Alias: tale
    Family Member/Title: The Brother that Doesn't Know What to Call Himself
    Musical Talents/Interests: Singing is my forte (haha geddit, forte? *shot*), but I also play the viola and am in the process of learning piano, and would like to play the guitar. People have told me I'm a natural at the harmonica as well. But, singing. I've tried writing songs before--I'm good at writing lyrics, but I haven't the faintest clue how to write actual music. Oh, musical theatre is good, too.
    Theme Song: Hm... perhaps this. I usually don't tie myself down to certain songs, though.
    Personality: I'm usually pretty cheerful, or at least, I try to be. If I get really pissed off, though, it's best I stay away from people and vice versa.
    Picture?:
    *Favorite Color: BLUE!
    Favorite Genre of Music: None, though lately I've been listening to a lot of string quartets/groups (e.g., Vitamin Strings Quartet, Section Quartet, Break of Reality). I loathe rap, though.
    *Do you have a microphone?: My MP3 player has a rather nice one.
    Anything else you'd like to share?: Pugs.

4. Jayn

Welcome to the family! Will update the OP shortly!

@Thread in general; Sorry nothing happened, I forgot it was Memorial Day weekend and my family was all *KIDNAPS JAYN FOR THREE DAYS*

But yes, that is M.A.S.H.

Anyway, I'm in a few online singing competitions ... Wish me luck.

Duet Competition
    Chorus Competition
    Solo Competition (Anime)
    Solo Competition (Hunger Games -Themed)

I've thought about holding some kind of singing competition here, but KHV Chorus stresses being yourself, not caring if you sound good, and I don't know how to think of a way to keep it friendly, innocent and non-stressful. /angst ​

[​IMG]

5. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. c:

6. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Good luck Jayn! If it helps I think you're plenty awesome already in terms of singing! :D

As for that competition thing here on KHV I think if you clearly explain that it is friendly and not to be so serious about the final results I think it'll be pretty big. Mike hosts fan dubs here and on the end of auditions there can only be one person to a role even though he usually receives over 50 auditions each time, which is kinda like a competition if you think about it and people are usually cool about the results here to the point where we usually end up cheering each other up and encouraging each other to do better next time so I don't think it'll be too stressful.

7. Jayn

Thanks you two...I'm not feeling too good about any of them, though. Competitions make me nervous. People in general make me nervous. I don't know...Maybe I'm just in an angsty mood.

@GB; Yeah. I figured if I stressed that it's not a super big deal it might work out...Still...Trying to think of a way to win other than just sounding good. blah.

how are you guys?​

[​IMG]

8. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh I like to sing, and I finally have a mic!

*Alias: Droid
    Family Member/Title: The Monkey's Uncle
    Musical Talents/Interests: I used to sing on Guitar Hero all the time. XD I'm not grand at singing, but I love to. Mostly in the car, and more often than not they're Disney songs. I'd attribute the songs in Disney movies for my love of singing and music when I was little. Also I can play very little Guitar, I'm in the process of really learning how sometime this summer.
    Theme Song: Obvious theme song is obvious.
    Personality: Laid back usually, I'm a cheerful, sarcastic person. I love to laugh, sing, run around department stores with my crazy friends. I can get rather annoyed with people like everyone else, but after I go to sleep I generally forget all about being mad. I only get gloomy if I'm really upset, a hug usually makes me feel better.
    *Contact: You can find me on here, Youtube, Tumblr, and Skype(scardroid). I also have a facebook.
    Picture?: This one, unless you know of a better one Jayn. The ones you've made so far are grand<3
    *Favorite Color: Purple
    Favorite Genre of Music: Disn-*shot* ALL of the musics other than Rap, I don't like much of that.
    *Do you have a microphone?: Yesh, I just found one~
    Anything else you'd like to share?: This is really cool Jayn, I'm excited to join and now is a great time as things are slowing down. Also Be Prepared. Because reasons.

Also quick reading of thread: Good luck in your competitions Jayn! Your voice is beautiful and you shall do great.

9. Fearless A good and beautiful child

HI I thought I might sign up for a family. Adopt me pwease?

Alias: Fearless
    Family Member/Title: The Time Traveler (because I can't think of anything better)
    Musical Talents/Interests: Singer and beginner piano player
    Theme Song: Because I still can't think of anything better
    Personality: Sweet and happy most of the time, though I sometimes have depression relapses where I do nothing but cry and listen to depressing music and watch Doctor Who. I would highly recommend not pissing me off, though c:
    Contact: Here on KHV, of course, but you can also find me on tumblr
    Picture?: You can pick!
    Favorite Color: Blue, I guess
    Favorite Genre of Music: Alternative
    Do you have a microphone?: No. Unless you count the one that comes built into the laptop.
    Anything else you'd like to share?: I love you all! <3

10. Jayn

Thank you both for joining! ;u; WELCOME TO THE FAMILLLLY.

I'll update the OP tomorrow. c':

@Droid; Pfff, thank you. You're a sweetie. ​

[​IMG]

11. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Defibrillator time.

/defibrillates

So I'm sure we all like a little Frank Sinatra:

12. Jayn

Classic Sinatra. <3

I still have to update the OP, huh? BUT NO ONE POSTS ANYWAY, SO.

Anyway, for anyone wondering, today we got the results for Round 1 of one of the singing competitions I'm in. Out of 102 original entries, only 30 move on to round 2 and somehow I made it to Round 2 so I'm kind of freaking out atm (they announced it on a radio show) and thought I would share this with you. ;____; Hooray.

So now I'm trying to find a good song for Round 2 and I'm really just kind of spazzing.

[​IMG]

13. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh wow, congrats Jayn! :'D

Keep it up!

14. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

*applause* Congrats! Though I was expecting you to do good anyway! :D You have such a lovely voice!
    Anyways keep up the awesome work! :noworries:

15. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Congrats, Jayn!

Uhm. I'm going to try talk about bands and such now. What do you guys think of Blue October? If you've heard of them, that is. For me, their music is kinda like a life line..I was having//still am having roughs days and their music was//is the only thing that keeps me going when I'm alone. Thoughts? Favorite songs? etc..

16. Jayn

Thank you guys...Means a lot to me. ;___;

@Kelly; Hmmm. Blue October...There was one song in particular that I really liked. It kind of went mainstream, if I remember correctly. I just can't remember what it was...

*YOUTUBE*

Success.

[video=youtube;iNyGK7ymW0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNyGK7ymW0k[/video]​

[​IMG]

17. Jayn

Would anyone here be interested in participating in the FFG with Project Nocturne? v:

18. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

I am interested in participating in the games as a member of Project Nocturne! :D

19. T3F Chaser

*Alias: Kat
    Family Member/Title: The Simple Sister
    Musical Talents/Interests: Talents-Singing. Interests-Guitar and piano mainly (Because I'm teaching myself) so I can't play them lol
    Theme Song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi7Yh16dA0w
    Personality: Relatively shy for the most part, but I do always cheer people up. I really enjoy making people happy. I love having fun and enjoying what life throws at me. Occasionally I have my breakdowns, but I try not to let them affect me. My friends perceive me as the 'cool, calm and funny one.' So thats what I go by :)
    *Contact: Well, PM, VM and so on, but I also have Skype, Youtube and Twitter (all of which I will update soon with links)
    Picture?: http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/7/99523.jpg
    *Favorite Color: Purple! :D
    Favorite Genre of Music: Anything classified as Rock. Although sometimes I occasionally branch out to RnB, and any form of electronic music. I don't like current mainstream stuff...but I keep an open mind about most other genres :)
    *Do you have a microphone?: Indeed I do, but nothing professional. In all honesty, its a SingStar microphone, but it works perfectly! :D
    Anything else you'd like to share?: I can make cookies, really REALLY well :)

20. Jayn