♛ ▌1 0 0 D A Y S ❣

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Jayn, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[/url]
    Marina's boots click clacked down the halls of the mall as she weaved in and out of crowds of people. They were all in the way. The phone Devyn had called her on was being clutched to tightly. For a girl that acted so much more superior to the rest of them, she really lacked manners. As they made their way out of the large building, Marina pressed the call button and lifted it to her ear once more. She felt terrible, but needed to speak to Devyn regardless. A head start was pointless. If Devyn was here and after them, she would easily be able to get to them without even breaking a sweat. Running was pointless.

She motioned for Duncan to go on without her. "Tell the others that if I am not there in two minutes, to leave without me. Leave a key at the front desk and I will meet you all there later." Marina smiled at him encouragingly. She did not want him to stick around waiting for her. The rest of them needed to get gone while there was still time. She listened as the phone rang. Would Devyn answer? She did hang up on her after all.

She stood in the parking lot, near the entrance of the mall, tapping her foot impatiently. Her eyes stayed locked in the direction of the van. They all needed to get out of here so that she could finally deal with Devyn properly. The gun was still in her backpack, but she had a feeling it would serve her no purpose.

[OOC: --- Wearing Client: Devyn//Duncan Location: Mall//Parking Lot Day: 61 3/3 Tuesday January 29th, 2013]

2. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

[​IMG]

And so as everybody begun to enter the van, Septimus merely did the same and entered the driver's seat with a calm sigh. As he sat there he began to wait for the rest that did not reach the van yet. With his eyes closed he crossed his arms and just sat there. Septimus was always a patient person, but time was definitely not on their side and they were in great risk. If they waited too long it would be sure that all of them would be in great risk due to a few stragglers. The annoyance was clear on Septimus' face as his grip on his arm tightened and soon enough soon opened "Time to go..." Septimus said calmly before placing the keys into the the van and started it.

He barely knew any of these people for a long time but at least he had enough time to at least analyze their personality a bit. Most of them were wild cards and quite unpredictable and he barely knew if they would approve of his decision or hate him for it. Regardless Septimus didn't care at the moment and he was certain about his decision. There was no guarantee that the others would be in danger and in fact leaving them could actually save them. Instead of heading to the mall, their pursuer could instead chase after them instead and leave the others at the mall. Septimus did not wish for that scenario, but he had to at least acknowledge the other scenarios.

Without another word Septimus began to drive off and leave the mall behind. The windows were tinted so they would at least be able to hide more easier but this did not guarantee a thing. Their main concern at the moment was to seek out where to go next and decide what their next course of action is. He still stuck to his decision to summon the demoness, but surviving was the main thing.

3. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Duncan got the alert and got out of the mall, hoping his partner made it with him. Minutes later he was in the van and chilling. His eyes wandered over to their driver and breifly he wondered if they could trust him. If he could trust any of the new people, who knew how they could be related to the game. Duncan closed his eyes and tried to relax, this group just couldn't catch a break.

4. Jayn

[​IMG]
    WEARING LATEST TUMBLR UPDATE OOC
    [​IMG]

Suddenly it was time to go and Harley was pulling her through crowds of people, out of the mall and back to the van. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out what was happening, so she didn't bother asking and piled into the back of the van as quickly as possible.

She was feeling a bit sick and the panic from the obvious 'escape' maneuver was making it worse. Her breathing was shaky, and face pale as she strapped herself in and chewed anxiously on her bottom lip.

It seemed like only a few seconds had passed before they were off [ well, those of them who had ... made it? ], the mall disappearing quickly behind them.

"Devyn's coming, isn't she?"

Her voice was just loud enough to be heard by those around her. Her fingers curled into fists; nails biting into her palms. If Devyn was there, she wondered ... Maybe she should have stayed behind. Her legs lifted, knees bent against the back of the driver's seat.

"... Where are we going?"

It was probably a useless question, but running away seemed just as useless.

5. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    « Updates Interactions: Septimus Location: Car Day: 33 (61 & 3/3) Wearing »
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Bernie was in the front seat again beside Septimus. The van was filled up when he sped out of the parking lot of the mall. She let herself relax in the large seat, exhaling softly. Her elbow rested on the armrest and she held her chin up with the back of her hand. They moved swiftly passed rows of buildings. It was silent in the car for a few minutes before Madeline spoke up from one of the two rows of seats. "Devyn's coming, isn't she?" No one had to answer. Devyn was the only reason they would have needed to leave so quickly. "... Where are we going?"
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    She looked over at Septimus. "Da hotel, right?" Bernie's electric blue eyes slid from him to the rows of seats behind them. Everyone seemed to be--"Vare is Marina?" Everyone seemed to be present except for the girl that sent out the warning text. They couldn't go back--it was too dangerous--, but they couldn't just leave here there either. "If Devyn's coh-ming she cuud be in a lot of trouble." Bernie slumped down in her seat and stared out the windshield.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[/url]
    She watched from her spot in the parking lot as the van pulled away. A heavy weight lifted off of her chest as it did so. They would all hopefully be safe for a little while longer. Marina reached into her pocket, pulling out the phone to call Devyn. The other girl had already hung up on her once, hopefully it did not go that way a second time. If she couldn't get back to Brookridge, she did not know how long she would have left. Theo had only told her to go there, not what would happen to her if she did not make it. She bit down on her lip as she pulled out the burner phone as well and unlocked it. Marina scrolled through until she found the number listed for Harley's phone and sent a quick message before slipping it back in her pocket.

She did not sign it. It was safer that way--not by much, but still safer. Marina pressed the redial icon on the phone that connected her to Devyn and lifted it to her ear. Devyn seemed like a sensible person--crazy, but sensible. If she could just get the other girl to listen to her, maybe they could strike a deal. Deals... No. After the last time she did a summoning, Marina had sworn off the whole idea of contacting Crestatia. She would not submit. Not now, not ever. It was ringing. Pick up the phone Devyn.

[OOC: --- Wearing Client: Devyn Location: Parking Lot Day: 61 3/3 Tuesday January 29th, 2013]

7. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

[​IMG]

Such an obvious question, but it was one that definitely needed to be asked now. He heard Bernie begin to talk, but he just could not agree with what she said at the moment. "We cant go back for her now....if we go back now all of us will be in trouble..." Septimus said keeping his eyes on the road. "The hotel is an obvious place, you all barely escaped with your skins intact during the last encounter. If we go to a hotel now we won't have much time to prepare ourselves for any encounters with Devryn" Septimus said

All of this pissed him off and he was finding it quite difficult to plan out their next destination. He had to keep a calm mind otherwise they would all be going who knows only god knew. "We need a temporary place to hide...we need to summon Crestatia otherwise all we will be doing is run away until Devryn captures and kills us..." Septimus said. Devryn had a huge advantage and this was all due to Crestatia. If they wished to even attempt to begin to level the playing field they needed to gain the same advantage as her. They needed to call upon the demoness and gain her favor. Out of all of them Septimus was most likely the most ignorant of them all in this game and unlike probably any of them he had never met Crestatia in any form. "Damn...I figured out of all of them you would have figured this all out..." Septimus said quietly to himself.

"Now...the question is does anybody actually have an idea of where our next destination and does anybody actually know how to summon the demoness" Septimus said as he drove on. He wished to see what the others had to at least say on the matter. Out of all of them it seemed Harely and Marina were the most useful while Madeline was the one who at least brought up the issues that needed to be dealt with.

8. Jayn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]xxx[​IMG]xxx[​IMG]

[/url]

They had been driving for just a few minutes, on the correct course, when her phone rang. It was a little ... unfortunate. In order to answer it she would have to stop the car or ask Kallisti to answer [ which would be a bad idea, considering ... ]. With a soft groan [ which sounded more like a low growl ], the brakes were slammed upon once more -- in middle of an intersection. The smell of burning rubber seeped through the air vents and made her scrunch her nose.

Traffic lights towered above them, changing every thirty seconds or so. It seemed erratic and Devyn felt a bit shameful. It was dangerous to rearrange the gameboard too often, she knew that. Her eyes settled on her music box and then scanned over Kallisti's form in the passenger's seat with a dissatisfied 'hmm'.

After two more rings, she answered the call. The phone pressed over her bag covered ear, but nothing was said at first. Her mind was reeling with possible plans of action, and their outcomes. How would this conversation go? Would it really change anything?

Probably not ...

Well ...?

No prompt response.

Were they trying to stall? Haha.

They were an interesting group ...

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    My Glorious TumblrxxxxxxxxMusicxxxxxxxOutfitxxxxxxxxxx

Jessie had been silent for a very long time, she didn't feel the need to talk, and she was still recovering from the whole shock of the situation. When they had gotten into the van everyone seemed to be either one of two things, very quiet or attempting to plan out everything.

"Now...the question is does anybody actually have an idea of where our next destination and does anybody actually know how to summon the demoness"

I would not be surprised if someone here knew...

Then Jessie remembered the guide she had read in the hotel, oh now she was glad she had read it. Jessie took a deep breath and replied, "I know that the idea of going to another hotel so soon while we are on the move seems odd... but maybe we should get to a motel or something? There was one I remember from the guide in the upper part of the city... but this time I feel like we all shouldn't go in together, we should go in separate groups and get separate rooms... just so it isn't as easy for them to find all of us... and... god forbid if one of the groups get caught, the others could try and get out of there again."

Jessie leaned back in her seat and added in a last comment, "But summoning a demoness in a motel sounds like something out of a horror movie..."

10. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    [ T U M B L R CURRENTLY OBSERVING : MANY / MADELINE L A T E S T ]
    [ OOC : LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD? HERKA. ]
    [ DAY : 61 - 4/3 ] [ JANUARY 29, 2013 ] [ LOCATION : VAN ]
    [ YOU ME NAMES LINKS HATRED ] [ MOOD : DAZED ]

[/url]
    [​IMG]

Harley listened to the talk. He felt pretty out of it and couldn't really think clearly at the moment. He knew that they had to get somewhere safe, since it was almost nighttime. Bernie mentioned a hotel, which was, yes, their original plan for the end of the day. But when Madeline had mentioned Devyn, his mind went down another track completely.

He wondered if Kallisti was dead yet. He didn't know what kind of person Devyn was, but she was a player just like the rest of them. God, he hated her -- and at the same time, he didn't. She was just trying to win, just trying to exist. Ugh.

Remind me why we left Marina behind? What were they trying to do here, stall? He was pretty sure it wouldn't really do them any good. Marina would probably be killed, and then the rest of them will be picked off. Annoying. His phone vibrated in his pocket.

Be safe.
    I will contact you soon.

He clicked his tongue at the message. If she said that, she thought that she was going to survive then encounter; a part of Harley wanted to believe that, but there were just too many paths that saw her death at the end of them.

"We need to get to a motel, something shoddy. Out of the way." Harley replied with a patient tone. He needed more time to think . . . Of what? "There." he pointed down the road at a motel with the neon-lights name 'Red Road Motel'.

If Devyn was buddy-buddy with Crestatia, summoning her shouldn't have been a big deal, right? Devyn had the advantage because she wasn't scared. Harley had to admit, he was scared. He didn't want to make a wrong move, and then die. There had to be a right way to do this. In order to summon her, what was needed again . . . ? A vessel and an offering, right? He looked at Madeline. She would know, wouldn't she?

"Hey," he murmured to her, hopefully low enough for no one else to hear, "You've summoned her, right? How do you go about doing this?" He figured it was something kind of like calling out to her, and then she might ask for something in return? An offering. Before anyone summoned her, they definitely had to know what they were asking for.

. . . The only question was, what was Harley asking for?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    My Glorious TumblrxxxxxxxxMusicxxxxxxxOutfitxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[COLOR=transparent]x[/COLOR][COLOR=transparent][COLOR=transparent]x[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=transparent][/COLOR]
    Jessie listened to Harley talking to people in the van but then her eyes went heavy and she had this feeling she was going to pass out on everyone. Jessie took a piece of paper out of her purse and wrote out the address of the motel from what she could remember(she could remember any specific things like phone number and the number of the address, but she hoped the name would be enough).

When Jessie finished writing it down she unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned forward, putting the paper with the address on the dashboard. Then she leaned back into her seat, buckled up again, and drifted off to sleep, leaning against the car window.

12. Jayn

[​IMG]
    WEARING LATEST TUMBLR UPDATE OOC
    [​IMG]

They had started discussing ideas [ all along the same vein ] and Madeline tuned them out. It was frustrating to listen to. There was talk of a motel or hotel and then summoning Crestatia. Honestly, the 'Crestatia' option looked like the only option. What? They were going to run, sleep and hope that Devyn somehow didn't find them while they did so?

But then summoning Crestatia ... She thought about the little brunette girl, in the science room and shivered. Her legs dropped from their bent position and the heels of her feet started to bounce.

She zoned out, boiling inside, until Harley engaged her.

"Hey. You've summoned her, right? How do you go about doing this?"

Had he not been at the last 'group' summoning? Jayn couldn't remember ...

"... You need some kind of offering, and a vessel. An offering like ... Money, or something. It's not for her -- she doesn't take it. I think if you put out something of enough value, she won't need a vessel. My last offering was ..." She trailed off and looked away. "Then, you just ... Call her. Nothing that fancy about it, really ..."

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

"Well ...?"

Of course Devyn sounded annoyed. Marina bit down on her lip and collected her thoughts. "Devyn, I want to make a deal with you. I need help that it would seem only you can provide me with. It would be a waste and probably annoy Crestatia much more than it would you if I bothered her with this request. I can do something for you in exchange, or you can just kill me I guess. It would not be the first time I stopped existing and I imagine you are having no issue finding us." This was insane, but what other options were there when dealing with a mad woman? Marina moved to a bench outside the mall, shivering as her body came in contact with the cold steel.

Temperance's interest was immediately piqued. "What was your last offering? What did you summon Crestatia for Madeline?"

14. Jayn

Devyn rolled her eyes and leaned back in the driver's seat, relaxing her muscles a bit with a small smile. Who was this? She couldn't recognize the voice right off the bat, so she plucked her music box off of the dashboard and looked at the figurines. Marina's was off course and she released a distorted sigh against the receiver of the phone.

"What do you want?" She asked, coolly, wishing she'd get on with it.

It was unnecessary impatience, but Marina was killing her thrill. And why would she asked for help and then say that she could kill her?

15. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Jonathan "Johnny" Anders
    DAY: 61 - 4/3 | DATE: January 29, 2013 | LOCATION: Van
    OOC: It's been a while, huh?

Johnny had been sitting in the van, quietly listening to these people's conversation. He still needed to understand what the hell was going on. He hadn't learned much other than what Temperance had told him. From what he gleaned from the conversation going on in the car, this Crestatia person could be summoned through some process. But... Was it such a great idea to summon her at all? He had no idea who exactly this thing was, but if she was the one who set up this whole ordeal, he didn't want to find out in person. And besides, summoning her may end up backfiring on them in a major way.

He didn't care much for what was going on right now though, the tiredness of the day had been catching up with him, and he wanted to just plop onto something comfortable enough to sleep on. Johnny figured he would need to stay up just little while longer though, so he put on his headphones and rifled through the playlist on his phone. He looked for something to listen to just to keep him awake. He picked a song, Rainbow in the Dark, and turned the volume all the way up. Loud music filled his ears as his tired eyes tried to stay open. He wondered if the others could hear the music playing, but he didn't care enough to find out.

16. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

"What do you want?"

This was it. "I need to go back to Brookridge, at least temporarily." She needed that medicine. Marina was slowly beginning to feel worse and worse everyday. What had Theodore said to get--pale orange? She couldn't really remember anymore. How difficult would it be? No doubt not easy. They were surely still looking for all of them and she wouldn't be able to walk in like she had before to claim it. Not to mention, she wasn't even sure where it would be. Had she seen a pale orange vial with all the others when she sought out Theodore's medicine with Harley?

17. Jayn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]xxx[​IMG]xxx[​IMG]

[/url]

Brookridge? Irrelevant. Devyn searched her memory banks for some sort of logic. Why would she need to get back to Brookridge? What would be there that was so important that she could kill Marina in return? If it as something to help her then it didn't make much sense. Maybe they really were stalling? It was such a baffling and distracting request that she didn't even bother with answering.

It wouldn't have been hard, but for now, the answer was most definitely a no. She had other things to deal with.

Devyn hung up the phone and took a deep breath.

Irritating. All of this. The car lurched forward as it gained sudden momentum, going from zero to thirty miles per hour in seconds and counting down the long empty roads.

All she literally had to do was strike the main group, kill Marina, and she would finally achieve all she had dreamed of. Just thinking about her hard work finally coming to an end shot endorphins and adrenaline through her system. Marina's deal seemed to only slow Devyn down.

Sky scrapers vanished in moments and were replaced by storefronts of all sizes, eventually large extravagant hotels and smaller motels were filling up the view of the two girls as they zipped through the city. It would be a movie perfect moment if one girl didn't look frazzled and frightened and the other wasn't a determined speedster with a bag over their head. She was so close the group that she could taste her imminent victory. It filled her with mirth that she would have expressed if not for Kallisti, who she would probably have to kill before killing the others. Unfortunately ...

For now, she simply focused on the road, and a jaywalking black cat that seemed to appear from somewhere.

Tch.

The car created curvy black skid marks as she twisted the steering wheel to avoid the idiotic cat that tried to marginally slow her down. Her hand reached for her ever ready music box and her deft fingers dug around it's contents, removing a figurine and setting it down. It was the cat. She flung it across the board to where ever gravity decided to take it. After Devyn was done, the cat was gone - though it had already scattered from the streets.

She got her breathing under control when the rumbling began. The loud cracks of tectonic plates shifting and opening. First the cracks were small in the streets, but then the asphalt began to tear as if an angry Hades was trying to take a young Persephone down to Tartarus. A swift glance around allowed anyone to see that this wasn't a simple earthquake, because white seams showed up against the blue sky above them, the thin strips of nearly searing light opening up forming jagged tears of horror across the sky.

The ground kept rumbling and building began to fall, wholly unprepared for the supernatural holes forming in the earth beneath the city streets. As the once tall and proud hotel nearest to them not only crumbled but seemed to get sucked into a wide gash of a seam right next to it, Devyn got out of the car to survey the area as dread built up in her system.

Kallisti. I think I ... -

The rolling pitch black clouds in the darkening skies above them paused for an instant to issue out a blinding flash of purple lightning that struck the car - searing and destroying all inside it down to the melting rubber around the wheels.

No, wait! Devyn's eyes widened, her fingers trembling. This was all happening far too quickly for her to put together. She was planning to do away with the dark haired girl soon enough, yes but ... She didn't understand it, but she didn't feel quite ready to say good bye. Her eyes stung with tears as she struggled to calm herself.

A quick whirl around revealed a more fearsome sight than the grey tornadoes tearing across another side of of the city. The rumbling could be felt, and debris still slid across the ruined place ... but around them, the air itself had stilled. The voice speaking is as quiet as the lightning that announced her arrival. Crestatia. She was there on the board as it tore to pieces.

She stood on the roof of the car [ if you could call it that anymore ], immaculately dressed with frills spilling from under her gown, ribbons artfully swirling about her in all the right places despite the wind not moving in this place. Her sleeveless arms were dressed in an ethereal white silk that stopped once past the mid arm. Her slippered ballerina like shoes were perfectly standing on the skeletal ruins of the once speeding car. Her lips moved and Devyn shut her eyes, willing her away with all her being - not ready for this at all.

Despite her efforts, she could still hear that quiet-as-lightning voice.

Come.

Nothing seemed to have change at first, except that it felt like the rumbling and shaking ground below her ceased for a moment, and opening her eyed caused her to think she might have willed the game maker herself out of the game. Or that maybe Devyn was in some kind of holding cell. Her eyes took a moment to adjust to pure snow white room. Four walls with at least 12 feet all around. The short brunette strands of hair on her neck rose, and she didn't have to turn around to know Crestatia was behind her.

Assessing the game maker while involuntarily leaking panicked fear stricken tears was tough. The demon looked imposing and a touch insane, like always, but there was something else in her face too. Tiredness? Weariness? Disappointment? If this was apparent even to her, she knew that something was wrong and she began to panic even more, her arms stiff at her side and eyes wide as she struggled to wrap her mind around what was happening.

Crestatia smiled and began to speak in a crystal clear voice while absentmindedly petting a familiar shadow colored cat. A sound like a small paper hand cannon blew and the ceiling was raining confetti and balloons. A smile animated her face and banished away anything other then the usual features she allowed others to see, her throat clearing before she spoke.

Congratulations, winner of 100 Days.

She paused and if by some kind of cue, invisible hands made out a light chorus of the typical congratulatory clapping reserved for toasts or wedding announcements at a small function. Without missing a beat and after gaining some kind of gleam in her eye, she began to explain what happened.

I, Crestatia, The Coordinator, hereby declare Devyn White a winner and award her the rank of Rook. Speech over, she sat gracefully downwards and the room formed a cushioned, square, low backed chair, at the best position for her to land upon it as if she had known it was there the whole time. The winner was not offered a seat at all. Crestatia eyes began to glitter this time, and Devyn could tell this is when her suspicions would be laid to rest.

Her glove sleeved hands held up the cat for Devyn to admire before settling it back down into her lap where it purred contently.

You won, technically, and you did remarkably well, extraordinarily well, working the gameboard the way you did. Kudos, child. ... But you will not receive the full benefits of becoming a higher rank ... To put it simply, you cheated, and don't deserve so much power.

The way she watched her face and said the word cheated was unnerving. Crestatia kept her hypnotic smile as she examined the newest member of her order. Devyn didn't seem very dismayed, sure there was the holy-shit-i-just-broke-my-entire-planet look, that was on her face as the cracks in the board became too many, but she had won, somewhere in her head, and that was enough to ground her ... for now. There were so many questions, but she held her tongue.

At first she didn't understand what Crestatia meant by cheating. She had utilized the tools given to her to advance the game ... but then she remembered. She had been preparing for the game long, long, long before anyone else had a chance to. She won because of Chester.

You didn't make it to one-hundred days. But you did destroy my beautiful game board ... Don't look so mortified, now is the time to celebrate Why so worried? She said with mock concern on her face, and stopped petting the cat to gesture to the empty space on Devyn's left. You aren't alone, after all. From the wreckage you created, we also saved another pawn.

She stopped as if she wanted to say more, but she didn't have to because there, cell phone still clutched in hand was the figure who Devyn was last to talk to. Marina. She seemed frozen, unmoving, though her chest rose and fell. Crestatia smiled.

As you are the one who broke the game board, I've granted us this alone time. What's the look for? At least Marina played fair.

Devyn's lips mashed together painfully in an effort to keep herself quiet. It wasn't working. There was too much bottled in. Too much composure over the course of this game. After it all - after everything - she wasn't happy. She was trying to stay stable and - well, sane - but she wasn't satisfied. It wasn't supposed to go this way! So many sacrifices - so many years of waiting and planning and - and ... What did she get for it all? The lowest possible rank of immortality [ she thought so, anyway, by the way Crestatia said it ] and a TIE? If a pawn was to be saved, why not Chester? ... Kallisti? Her chest tightened.

Hastily, she lifted a pale hand to wipe the falling tears from her cheeks. The arrogant expression on Crestatia's face made her want to vomit.

You did this on purpose. Despite the waves of rage rolling through her, her voice remained steady. She lifted her chin, assuming a more confident posture. All of those deals we made. You gave me the box, you told me to use it! I didn't ask for Chester to come into my life and warn me about everything, you're the Coordinator you set it up that way! A - and the cat, it's yours, you sent it out in front of the car and - ...

Careful, Devyn. This world works differently. You can't just go around feeling everything. Those feelings will ultimately define you if you don't keep them in check. The Coordinator's sentences were strung together so delicately and casual that the now - trembling Devyn didn't even think to ask her to elaborate. All she wanted was an explanation. Luckily, the demoness delivered. I held up my ends of the deals we made when they came into play. I gave you the tools, Devyn, I did not tell you to use them as often as you did. Or to rely on them. ... Chester gave you insight, but you didn't have to immerse yourself in the game so quickly - that was your choice. And, aha, to be completely truthful I didn't expect you to use such a power to avoid a cat, my dear.

That is not fair!

The room's neutral white glow dissipated as the walls took on a fiery red chroma. Devyn remained oblivious but Crestatia took note, stroking the fur of the black cat in her lap and locking eyes heatedly with the young girl before her.

You became reliant. You were weak, Devyn. That being said ... this rank suits you.

Devyn took a deep breath.

The game was finally over. Mission accomplished, she was penalized, crippled, some could say, but she was not down, nor was she out. She refused to be. Not so soon. A moment was taken to steady herself yet again. Now with her new found Immortal rank, she could ask the only question that mattered. She gathered up her smoldering courage and in a small but clear voice she asked,

With my new rank ... with my new power .. Can I see Chester again ...?

Her fragile insides were held together by a single thread, her knees grew weaker, but held strong by sheer will. Her palms grew clammy and cold but didn't tremble due to her immense spirit. She had that flickering courage so she was able to hold her own in the gazing match she had initiated with Crestatia.

The demoness smiled toothily.

A Rook can NEVER do what you hope to do. You will never, ever for the rest of your long, long eternal life, see Chester again. Not in the way that you want ... Even if you did reunite, you could never be together.

She couldn't tell for sure, but she could swear that soft laughter surrounded her. Her finger tips began to shake almost worse than they had in the earthquakes, and her knees did give out. Her descent was hard and lifeless like a sack of human meat. Determined to reunite and be with Chester forever ... But she had failed? Her focus shifted to her chest, it felt far far too tight, like she wasn't getting in enough air so she began to breathe faster. Her sense of hearing was depleted, only a dull, mental ringing could she now hear. Her eyes glazed over and stared at the crystalline white floor and she thought about beating it with her fist. But why? It would not bring Chester back. The bitch coordinator said it with a finality that meant it was not possible. Not for her. Not like this.

The tears came then, hot and unbidden down her cheeks, the only sound emanating around the empty room was the sound of an oblivious cat. Upon quieter inspection, a feather soft, quiet mantra began to beat it's way out of her lips.

It's not fair, it's not fair. It's not fair. It's not fair.

The words poured out of her with increasing shrillness and volume, hollow, but with a crushed heart intensity.

As her chest heaved rapidly and her cheek twitched visibly, she let the serpent like defeat coil around and constrict her heart. It hurt, but it was echoing softer into something much harder, and cut in stone instead of flesh. Still her mantra went on, interweaving brief bursts of admissions of murder and apologies. Why now? Why not?

Mama, papa ... You were first and hey, guess what? It was for nothing! ... You kill and you kill and you kill, and it ... I killed you all, for nothing ... I'm so sorry ...

Her voice carried easily, her head down cast, the stupid bag made her feel more suffocated now that her chest was crushing itself. She tore the bag in two, ripping the mask from her mouth and gasped before plunging back into her dark, mind made world.

Peter, Alex, Mark, The Daniel's family. Bobby, Kenneth, Liane, Diana, Rochelle, Nathan, Jolene, George, Clarissa, Travis. That grocer. The idiots that drowned in that stupid town!

She gasped out the last sentenced and tossed her head back, long locks flowing onto her back before she dropped her head again. The game was irrelevant.

It was all insignificant because the point of the game was to get to Chester. When those wretched kids killed him in the hospital, that was okay, because he would simply respawn in another game, then, as the new Coordinator, she could take him out and end his suffering the right way, with a roof - or whatever they have here - over his head, and peace for them both at last.

He was all she had ever wanted.

He was all she had ever needed to be real.

He was everything.

'It's not fair' was chanted one more time and then it stopped because somewhere along the line her enveloping dark coffin held a single ember, which held her once flaming courage and determination. 'It's not fair!' morphed slowly into 'How dare they!' It was Crestatia's fault. She was never meant to win, was she? Why? Why did she have to go through so much just for ... for this!?

The white room didn't seem so white and she was finally noticing it. In fact it seemed a lively shade of flickering reds, oranges and yellows, perfect to match the anger now flooding in her heart, flushing out the humane niceties that still existed in a future where she and Chester were together. She seemed to inhale the flashy red of the walls and stood, feeling much better in the chest after ingesting so much mental heat.

'How dare they' echoed in her mind as she tossed her hair back with a flick of her wrist, gazing at the shreds of her bag and her discarded. unfastened mask. The time for such a human like defense was gone. She was no longer mortal, right? A small smile crossed her lips and she turned her gaze to the frozen runner up in the corner.

What happens to her? Her voice was rude, flat, blunt and with formal fluffiness. If Crestatia wanted respect, she would have to pry it from her dead hands. In other words - she would never have it. Never again.

Crestatia's hand was in motion, still scratching and petting the cat beneath her hand. Her gaze was towards the far wall, as if she hadn't paid a single drop of attention to her technical winner. Her cheery smile flashed on her lips as she finally unfroze the girl.

I almost forgot YOU were here. Oops! Blah, blah, blah. I award you, Marina Sario, the prestige rank of Valen. With all the titles and perks a supremely higher and more standard rank entails.

She gave a wink to Devyn at this point, who met her eyes with poison.

Now with that out of the way, I suppose I should show you both around. There is quite a bit to be done after a game ... Let us go meet with my -- our opponents. Prepared yourselves ...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

100 Days Coordinator: The Nightmare Demoness, CRESTATIA

Previous Coordinator: The Great and Marvelous Deity Witch, ANNALYNNE

New Recruit (s): The Deviant Deity Demoness, MARINA / The Duchess of Flaming Hearts, DEVYN

What is a Valen?

See: Crestatia, Annalynne

They come from diverse regions and their powers significantly differ, however each one of them desire reign over the same land. To win their right to their world and eventually be granted Godhood, the Valens partake in a game created by the God of their realm. Winner takes all. Valens are different from Coordinators. Coordinators [ aka: Game Masters ] are responsible for the creation of a Game Board and have a lot more control over what happens [ declarations ] and what pawns exist there. I mean, technically a Coordinator is still a Valen, but a Valen is not necessarily a Coordinator.

Don't worry about understanding this, more will be revealed later and it'll eventually make sense to those who stick it out until the end.

What is a Rook?

Rooks are the additional game pieces that are thrown onto the Game Board by the Valens. They have no hearts [ on the Game Board ] and their decisions and actions are controlled by the Players that cast them. Their sole purpose is to be used to manipulate the Pawns and assist their Player in winning the Game. However, despite this, they are the second most valuable pieces, even more valuable than the Players themselves [ as the Players cannot physically enter upon the Game ]. A Player is able to get close to the Pawns and interact with them through their Rooks without breaking a rule. Rooks are still a risk to take, nevertheless. Rooks are capable of forming hearts [ their own agendas ] and becoming a permanent piece in the Game. If this happens, the individual Player responsible of casting it out is disqualified and the Rook takes their place.

In other words, Devyn won't be playing the game. She'll only get to enter upon a Game Board if a Valen [ Player ] sends her there and she'll be under that Valen's command unless she somehow breaks free.

To help you better understand the ranks, in 100 Days Crestatia was the Coordinator, Annalynne was a Valen and Eleanora was Annalynne's Rook [ aka: vessel ].

k that's it feel free 2 ask me ne questions l8r thnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.