☼ รץภςє๔ ☾

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Ryan laughed back at his fangirl screams. He was so thankful Jex was back to his normal self or at least mostly. He blushed from how into the joke he was, even more so when he slouched and placed his hand on his forehead. It was a relief Jex still remembered him, and Ryan loved him for being able to cheer him up. At that point he realized that perhaps at the mall, he said so too soon when he was close to being killed, but he truly felt that way.
    "Now, now sugar plum. Before you run off with your new hero, be sure to keep track of odd things popping up. Aches, pains, missing memories, you name it. Other than that, you are free to go," the nurse said before they were about to leave. Suddenly, he was brought back to the hospital, reminded of what happened there. Her screams of terror and falling to the ground. Then all of those mercenaries after them-
    He looked at Jex quickly and shook it off. He needed to be upbeat just like Kiki. That's what she would have wanted. His quick frown turned into a smile as he saw him making a sad puppy dog face.
    "What's that face for?" he asked before kneeling down to him to face him down to look at head level. His violet eyes made his heart jump more. They were shining in the bright white room. He held his cheek with his palm, sighing. "I've missed you," he said, smiling, staring into his eyes.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Abi stared in absolute horror as she replied, "W-wait a second? Blood? Powers? Excuse me?"

The boy shrugged sheepishly, looking at Abi again.
    “I think you have powers… Otherwise you wouldn’t be here with me. They only take those with powers… Those who can read other people’s thoughts, move things with their mind, or talk to others without moving their lips. Psychics… Whatever people call us these days.” He sighed out, rubbing the back of his neck. “They drink blood of psychics because they think it enhances their training. Kind of like... a boost of sorts. Energy shot. You know…” The boy placed his hands in his lap, sitting cross-legged on the bed now. “Do you know… What day it was before they kidnapped you? What year too?”

Abi's eyes widened when the boy said that,
    "Wait... other people can do that? The mind reading stuff?" the blood comment only made her cringe a little more, then she thought about his question, "Um... the day I was kidnapped? July... 10th? It's 2015..." her voice trailed off before she looked at the boy and then nervously said, "How... how long have you been here?"

The boy frowned, clenching the robes underneath his hand as he sat there, quickly calculating the time in his mind.
    “A year… June 13, 2014… That was my birthday, the day I was kidnapped too. I’ve been here a year…?” He looked down at his hands, suddenly realizing the reality of it all. He sighed out, looking back up at Abi. “Yeah, other people can do the mind reading stuff. Listen.” The boy looked right at her, his lips unmoving. "Can you hear me?" he asked with a small grin. "They call it telepathy…"

Abi freaked out and held her head and whispered,
    "Don't do that, my dad says that's an evil thing to do and that I'm following Satan's lifestyle if I do it." Abi thought to herself to humans, since she always used that logic since her dad hadn't ever said anything about animals. She looked at the boy and responded, "I'm sorry... I just..." she shook her head and put the book down and held her hand out in a hand-shake gesture and spoke as if trying to detour conversation, "My name is Abi, Abi Barry."

The boy suddenly broke out into a laugh, taking in breaths as he was trying to calm himself down and cover up his mouth.
    “I’m sorry. Th-that’s…” He laughed some more, getting out of his system before he shook his head and smiled really big. “That’s what my grandma used to say to me. She used to come at me with a spray bottle full of holy water. It was funny.” He smiled cheerily and then took Abi’s hand. “Tomas Mullane. Nice to meet ya, Abi.” His hand was cold, and his grip was on the weak side, even though he was fighting as hard as he could to be a firm hand-shaker. “Where are you from?”

There was a suddenly jingle of keys and Tomas jerked his head to the right side of the cell, his smile instantly fading. Someone in dark robes walked in, keeping their face hidden from view. They wheeled a cart of sorts into view, which had breakfast placed on it; whole milk, eggs, turkey bacon, bran blue berry muffins, and a green looking power shake of sorts. Two trays were eventually passed under the cell bars to the people inside and the hooded figure stood back, wiping their hands together.
    “There we are. Eat everything on the plate now, you know the drill,” the hooded figure said, gesturing their head to Tomas.

Tomas scooted off the bed in silent obedience, quietly taking the tray and took it to the table, sitting in place as he kept his head ducked down to not try to peer up in the hood.

“I’m trusting you’re getting to know one another?” the hooded person said, now seemingly looking right at Abi and watching her.

Abi immediately noticed Tomas' changes in behavior. And when she watched the hooded figure, she could tell their motions were deliberate. They seemed to be keeping a distance, probably to keep someone from reaching through the cell bars and trying to grab them. As a matter of fact, that seemed to be the way everything was set up. Keeping her from being able to really attack. Not that she felt she could have held up in a fight anyway.

The question asked bothered her, and she responded probably in the most stereotypical way possible, she walked up to the cell, keeping a slight distance from the bars as she responded,
    "Yes, definitely, but who the fuck are you?!"

Tomas made a stifled coughing sound, covering his mouth as he forced his eyes to keep staring down at the meal that was made carefully for them. He was biting his lower lips as if he was trying to hide a laugh.

“Aren’t you the little spunky one,” the hooded person chided with a smile. “You’re lucky that I’m the easy going one. Faced with anyone else, they would see some way to… hm… discipline you. You’ll know who I am in due time. You’ll know everyone in due time… Eat your breakfast, your cellmate is being so polite right now by waiting for you.”

Tomas folded his hands in his lap, hunching his shoulders uncomfortably when he was mentioned by the hooded person.

The mysterious one then saluted with a wave, wiggling their fingers as they turned to leave.
    “Ciao~” And with that, the person walked off, shutting a heavy wooden oak door behind them.

The boy sighed out in relief, looking up at Abi.
    “That was funny,” he said with a smile. “But you have to be careful around here. Even though we’re technically their idols, we’re their food too. Their discipline is harsh.” Tomas united his robe, slipping it off of one shoulder to reveal some gnarly scars that snaked way down into the robe. “I don’t even know how bad they looked,” Tomas said as he slipped the robe back over his shoulder and tied up the article of clothing again. “It’s not just the whipping they do, it can be other things as well… “ He picked up the plastic spork, running his fingers over the dull plastic edged of it before plunging it in the egg. “They want you to eat all of the food they give you, not one thing not eaten.” He pointed to the green shake in the clear plastic cup, making a face. “Even that... I don’t know what’s in it, but they pack it with vitamins and all sorts of green stuff… I think veggies and some fruit. Nothing is ever poisoned… And they bragged how organic everything is at least a dozen times.” Tomas gave Abi a small smile, and then shoveled some eggs. “They’ll come check on us in a hour, to make sure we ate everything…”

Abi sat down with the tray of food, cringed a bit when Tomas showed the scars, then she was mostly distracted by the shake, which she grabbed cautiously as if she were a little kid trying to avoid eating vegetables. She took a sip of it and almost immediately held back throwing it up,
    "Oh god, that's disgusting. Ugh. Can't we just have water or something?"

"We get water too, but they say..." Tomas stopped, wanting to avoid the blood subject as much as he could, but it was proving to be impossible. "... They say it enriches the flavor of the blood..." The boy cringed while saying it, obviously not liking it. "It's better than being whipped by Syrus, trust me. Syrus will go as far as to licking the blood off your... cuts... Something about adrenaline being like electrolytes..." Tomas was losing his appetite by the second as he explained this out loud. For a whole year, he had been put under this kind of brainwashing; he should have been used to it by now, but saying it out loud made things surreal in a way. The boy puffed out air through this cheeks and then forced himself to pick up the glass of green liquid, looking at Abi. "It's better if you plug your nose and try to take it in one go..." With the other hand, he pinched his nose and tilted his head back, forcing as much as the green liquid to go down his throat as possible. He made it halfway, then stopped, catching his breath before he continued, draining it till the last drop. He then sat down the drink with a thud on the tray, panting to regain his breath as he reached for a napkin to wipe away at his mouth. "Sorry... It's just easier for me if I get it out of the way quickly..."

"Ah yes... the wonderful... taste... of blood..." she stared at it a little longer and with more disgust, "Oh the savory flavors... what happens if we don't drink it?"

"Discipline... which can be by Syrus or someone else... Depending on how severe they want the punishment to be without breaking any bones, poisoning, or killing us..." Tomas kept his eyes downward as he talked, eating his breakfast as polite but as quickly as he could.

Abi looked at Tomas for a moment after his comment and then took a deep breath before she chugged down the shake in one go. When she was done she placed the cup down and then quickly put some turkey bacon in her mouth to try and kill the taste of the shake. When she was done chewing she responded in a voice that was coming off more as cheery and less as sarcastic, which could maybe be confusing,
    "Well that's just great. I'm loving the idea of being the blood doner for some sort of brain damaged cult who wants to have 'psychic powers'." she layed her head down on the table and mumbled, "I don't even want them..."

Tomas couldn't help but to chuckle at Abi's comments, swallowing some of his bran muffin and taking a small break.
    "I don't think any of us wants these powers," he said as he looked up at Abi. "Heck, I wish that my grandma's holy water worked on me." A couple more bites, and Tomas was done, pushing his empty tray a little bit away from him. "What can you do? Besides read minds?" he asked, glancing up at Abi.

Abi closed her eyes and responded,
    "I haven't told anyone this before... but..." she was about to speak but looked around the room and responded, "Are they monitoring us?"

Tomas nodded his head.
    "Mona Lisa's eye has one, behind you," he said, not moving his lips as much as he could, "stuffed falcon behind me has another, vanity mirror in the corner is a two way glass, and there's a camera in the light fixture above us." All the things he pointed out looked bolted to the shelves or walls while the camera in the light fixture was right in the smack center where the lights wouldn't affect it so much. "You know, it'd be much easier if you... you know." He reached up to his head and scratched it, trying to give Abi the subtle hint to communicate through the mind.

Abi realized what he was hinting and she nodded,
    "Oh yeah... that...." she took a bite out of the eggs and responded, "Well... I can communicate with animals like this too."

"Oh! So like Eliza Thornberry? Cool." He smiled as he picked up his empty tray, pushing it under the cell door and then retreated back to the table. "How long did you know you were different?"

She thought about it for a moment as she kept eating,
    "...When I was 5 I went to school for the first time, and a lot of the kids seemed to avoid me because kids are mean... but I didn't want to be left out. And then I realized I could hear what everyone was saying about me... even when it was quiet time. I mentioned it to my parents and the teachers mentioned my strange behavior... and that was pretty much it... so it's been about 11 years I guess."

Tomas's eyes widened.
    "Eleven years? Wow... I just started figuring out mine about six years ago." He laid his chin on the cool table top, drawing invisible designs on the surface with his finger. "Did you have to leave school too?"

"Yep. And I don't talk to family either... my mom doesn't talk to her family, but my dad keeps me away from his. Especially my grandparents. I haven't seen my grandfather since I was four... I wonder why..." Abi's body stiffened up after the last comment, "Shoot, that last part wasn't... man whatever... I'm in a damn cage right now."

"Oh... That's okay, it's kind of hard to control thoughts in this line of communication... We can go back to actually talking if you want to." Tomas sighed out and leaned back in his chair, twiddling his thumbs. "So as you see, there's no clock, calendars, or anything to tell us what day or time it is. They take us out sometimes to walk in this garden... But it's all indoors. There's a big sky light though... If you're lucky, they'll have it uncovered so you can see the clouds, the sun, and sometimes the moon and stars. I think they do that so they can clean the cell up a bit."

He then stood up, walking over to a wardrobe close to a bed that was made and ready for Abi. He opened it, revealing oriental robes of all colors and designs.
    "These are our clothes... Undergarments are in the drawers," he said, pointing to a set of drawers within the cupboard. "I already checked to see if Narnia existed." He said with a smirk and closed it up. He then went to a small door way and pointed. "We have a bathroom. There's no doors... We have a shower in a big bathtub, a toilet, and a sink. If you want to shave, you'll have to ask them for a razor and then they have to watch you carefully..."

He then went over to an old TV set that was bolted down to a TV cabinet and that was also bolted to the floor.
    "TV, no cable or dish, no internet... Books," he said, gesturing over to another shelf. "Board games, card games, some video games... We can have certain systems if we ask for them." He then sat down on a bean bag, sighing out heavily. "Other than that... There's not much to do in here. It's kind of like a mental hospital..."

Abi finished off her food and murmured,
    "What, are they intentionally keeping the dates and times away from us so we don't start day counting?"
    "I guess lose a sense of time... Brainwashing strategy... I dunno." Tomas shrugged his shoulders, crossing his legs as he sat on the bean bag. "They just don't want you to know what's going on out there."

Abi had watched how Tomas brought the tray and had slid it under the cell, so she was doing the same as she replied,
    "Heh... brainwashing. And does that actually work? I don't exactly see how locking us in a room, cutting off time, and feeding us protein shakes makes us complaisant. Do we get treats and little rewards for good behavior? Or is that the delight of getting to see the sky? Oh kiddos if you act nice and let us take your blood we'll let you see the sky!... aha... aha..." Abi found herself almost having an animalistic reaction, like an angry dog that's being held back by it's owner so it won't attack the pedestrian. Except of course the owner was a cage. Abi grabbed a part of the cell door and screamed, "LET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE OR I'LL FIND SOME WAY TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR BRAINS IMPLODE. THEN WHAT USE ARE YOUR SICK METHODS THEN?"

3. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Traitors? That can't be good. I wonder what would possibly prompt someone to turn against Raven Sun. For all the good your organization has done, I can't too many would have a problem with it" Lucas said, sitting down as he spoke to Kye. "Hmm. This tattoo isn't quite as good as some of the others I've seen, but I suppose they were professionals, so given the circumstances I'd say it's a solid attempt. Thank you, Isabella" he said. However, a thought had been bugging him for a couple of minutes at that point. Isabella was a telepath, and he knew that. He also knew her desire to know things, and to figure out how minds worked. "Isabella, I have a question for you. At any point during the tattoo or before it, did you attempt to read my mind or my memories? And keep your answer honest. I might not be a telepath myself, but I can spot a liar fairly well" Lucas said, eyeing the scientist suspiciously. He shot a glance towards Kye, just to make sure she was still here. Lucas trusted Isabella about as far as he could throw her. While she had helped him out, he knew how unstable the girl was.

[​IMG]
    Tobias was fairly quiet as he was lead out, which was unusual for him. However, when Jason made the comment about putting an end to him, the boy couldn't resist making a remark. "If you were going to put an end to me, you would've done it earlier. You've had a couple of chances, you just haven't seized them" he responded simply. He walked along, not giving any resistance as he was shown to the exit and grabbed his claws. Putting the gloves back on, he felt immediately a lot safer. Right away, he turned back to face Cynthia. "Alright, now I know we aren't partners or anything like that, but after the hell I went through trying to get you out of there, I think I've earned an explanation. I got locked up and shown the door after I violently attacked several people, threatened a few more, and half blinded Joshua, but from what I heard you just got into a fight with Jason. Call me crazy, but given your personality that doesn't scream like its worth being kicked out over. What really happened in there?" Tobias asked.

[​IMG]
    Christie nodded her head as she heard the instructions given to her and heard the way the earpiece worked. Coming up with a scenario could be interesting, but really anything would do so long as it was believable. The fact they already knew she was a telepath could actually come in handy; if they knew her face and knew she was with Colton, then they would be more likely to accept that she had been captured. This was it, this was the day they brought Colton home. "Just get me in there. They can try to read my mind all they want, but the second I see an opportunity to get everyone out I'm taking it; and god help them if they get in my way" the girl said, a serious edge to her voice.

[​IMG]
    As the men came in to clean up the mess in the cell, Shane could do nothing but stand and watch, sitting down in the corner. There were four of them, and every time he tried to read one of their minds that horribly loud, high pitched frequency ran through his mind again. He couldn't focus with that, so he couldn't do anything.

However, right as the men dragged Carter's body out of the cell and began mopping up the blood, Shane was reminded of the aftermath of that night, the night his powers had really been in overdrive. He had manipulated twenty people at once with his power, this was only a fifth of that. The headbands sent painful frequencies, but it wasn't like the others...no, he could still hear their thoughts, it was just painful to do.

He began prying into the mind of one of the two with the gun trained on him, wincing as that pain entered his mind once more. You know I can read minds. Wouldn't you love to know what your colleagues think of you? The one cleaning the blood closest to my feet; he thinks you're a coward. He's always thought you're never going anywhere in life because you don't have the balls. The guy next to him? He's hated you from the moment he met you, he wishes he was cleaning your blood right now instead of the kid. And the guy next to you, the guy that acts like he's your best friend? Your girlfriend broke up with you two weeks ago, claimed she thought you were going to be hurt, but she lied to you. The guy next to you and her have been seeing each other for a month and a half now. Doesn't that piss you off? All four of you are supposed to be a unit, supposed to be a team, and yet out of the four of you...you're the only one they don't trust. If you help me get out of here, I'll see to it they suffer, and you'll never have secrets kept from you again. Shoot them right now, not enough to kill them but enough to maim them, and prove that they're wrong about you. Shane sent telepathically to the man, whilst simultaneously using his pushing on him and rewriting his memory so that all he said made sense.

At the same time, Shane sent a swift message to Colton. Colton, if this backfires and I die, give them hell, but if you're going to make your move then do it now! Do it for Carter!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  4. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Jean\'s Banner.png

"Just get me in there. They can try to read my mind all they want, but the second I see an opportunity to get everyone out I'm taking it; and god help them if they get in my way"

Jean looked at the earpiece in his hands. It was not what he was expecting; he was expecting something a bit bigger. He was NOT complaining however. Looking towards Christie, it was obvious how pumped this girl was. That was a good thing, however he hoped she would not become overzealous during the mission. The way she sounded, it was like she was hellbent on being reckless when the opportunity arose. A bit of jitters made their way over Jean. Perhaps he should say something. He looked over his shoulder towards the other teams, then to Nicole. It was good for Ms. Carter to stay behind; rather it was good to hear that she was not going to get seriously involved in this operation upon discovering that she was. The woman had done her part, and now it was time for them to do theirs. The last thing they needed to do was have Ms. Carter get injured trying to save her son, or worse. What would the children do without their mother, because Jean was sure as heck not going to allow their father to have custody over them.

Eyes remained fixated on the teams, mind wandering to those memories Molly had shared with Errol and himself.

Just pondering on that guy made his temper abnormally negative. He looked back at the ear piece held by the tip of his index and thumb. Placing the device on the back of his ear, he automatically felt the light buzzing sensation. It was whatever. An idea occurred to him amidst the sensation, one that he honestly was not fond of, but it would definitely reassure the device to stay in place. Pre-caution and all that jazz. Without anyone being capable of realizing what he was doing, he slowly mended the device into the side of his skull, just where the ear meets the head. Skin cells quickly fell into de-mitosis around the small area where the device was, giving space for the calcium in his skull to extended outward towards the device. It only took a few seconds for the area to calcify around the implant, which hurt. Blood was controlled so as to quickly coagulate around the implant area, leaving only a small scab no bigger than an inch in the surface of his skin. It wouldn't look too weird; who the hell looks behind someones ear anyway? Shaggy hair would do the rest as to hide the scab.

A small pressure could be felt in the area as his body began to adjust to the new foreign object. Hopefully anit-bodies would be kind to it. If not, well...

Jean blinked a few times, tilting head around as to get a feel for the modification he has just done.
    "Alright. Christie and I are ready to move on your command." he said, taking the Badge from Errol and placing it in pocket.

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

• [​IMG]

Kassandra smirked at Walter’s first question, finding it quite amusing. “So you are trying to flirt with me after all,” she mused out loud, resting her rump against Walter’s desk as she leaned against it. “Yes, I am single. I don’t have time to go out and meet with people. Father wants me to deal with the internal affairs of Raven Sun, making sure everything is running smoothly in the background. With the reckless young members we have had, they keep me very busy lately. Although I don’t know how long that would last, seeing how they’re going to be kicked out today.” She tapped her long fingers on the side of the work table, looking at the wall ahead of her. “You really don’t have much of a choice when you’re born into something as complicated as Raven Sun… If I were to choose otherwise, Father would probably not object so much. It’s become so much a part of me, I don’t know if I would have chosen something else if I was given the choice to join Raven Sun as a bystander or not. Your turn,” she said, looking right at Walter. “What made you join Raven Sun?

• [​IMG]
      “Alright then,” Errol said with a smile. “We’ll be on our way them.”

TIME SKIP: Eight-Nine hours later

The tension was high as the small team left behind waited in a Minnie RV, parked at least fifteen miles from the main facility. Errol had sent the group of four to be ready to move, but they would be in hiding until they received word. Using his psychic shield to protect his small group and spatial sense to figure out where everyone was, he was in deep concentration. He sent Jean and Christie out with one of his nice, old fashion black cars that would look rather professional like it was government owned. Now it was to wait for everything to start playing out. Monitors were set up, ready to be used for Brendan when Errol and Christie took down the extra security tight on the place.

[​IMG]
      Jex nuzzled into Ryan’s hand, breathing out happily as he reached up and placed a hand over his. “I missed you too… Sorry I was out for a while. If something happened to you, I don't know what...” He then made the pouty face again, puckering out his bottom lip to try to look sad. “You didn’t kwiss me.” he chided, sounding like a little kid who didn’t get a lollipop at the grocery store.

• [​IMG]
      Mai felt slight vibrations from her bed as the locks were clicked off, and then she realized what was happening. She glanced up at Colton, wiping the tears from her cheeks. “What are you…?”

She watched as he took off the breathing mask, purposely destroying it the best he could. She took in a sharp breath and looked at the prison doors, watching as the medic robot came in right on cue. “Oh dear, it seems your breathing mask has broken. I wonder how this could have happened.” The medic robot picked it up and scanned it with its optics, assessing the damage that was done to it. “It seems as if you need a new one. I will be right back.”

Mai held her breath as she looked down at the bedsheets, trying not to give Colton away. Although robots could not read body language or minds very well, she was still afraid. Never had she attempted to escape with someone before, let alone the fact she could hardly walk, let alone hardly sit up.

[​IMG]
      The cat only deals her deck handed to her,” Kye said to Isabella’s comment to her, bowing her head. She then felt a vibration in her pocket and took out her phone, wiping up a quick text message reply to whoever sent her the message. “Younglings think they know so much,” she said as her fingers flew across the small screen, “know so much the world will squish them squash. Good deeds, mention ye…” She sent the message and placed it back in her pocket, her eyes twinkling like she received something fun. “Mind tricks, mind bends, parlor games we sometimes play… Role of hero, to be well praised. Message from Raven Sun, assignment to have made. Come with, or will stay…?” she trailed off when Lucas asked Isabella his important question, not wanting to intrude on anything for the time being. She needed to get going soon though.

“Pah, what are you talking about, kid?” the man said, smirking as he aimed the gun at him. “They never liked me anyways.”

“What, he’s reading your mind?” the other man asked, looking over at him.

“Yeah, spouting off some weird **** about all you guys working against me or some conspiracy theory like that, like we’re a team or something.”

All the men laughed, even the ones finishing cleaning up the blood. “You got some nerve kid,” one said with a cheesy grin, standing up with blood soaked gloves and bio suite sleeves. “You have a good day now.” The two men then filed out of Shane’s cell, pushing Carter’s dead body away while the two men with guns stayed behind.

“You’re a weird kid, you know?”

6. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Ryan laughed when he made a pouty face again.
    "Just wait a little longer," he said with a smile. After brushing his hand over his cheek and staring into his eyes a little, he got up and pushed him in his wheelchair. "Close your eyes," he said into his ear. He pushed the wheelchair down the elevator and outside the main doors. The birds were chirping and flapping in the sky as the sunset was nearing, and the breeze gently kissed Ryan's face. It was a wonderful night. He stopped and looked up at the sky, seeing the pink clouds float among the dark blue sky. It was beautiful. He steered the wheelchair to a bench by a stream. A tree to the left ruffled its leaves to the wind with its branches swaying ever-so-slightly to the calm breeze.
    "Okay, I'm going to pick you up," he said with a calm voice. He was much more relaxed than he was before because of the scenery and Jex awakening. Like before, he picked him up with ease and sat him down on the wooden bench. After doing so, he moved the wheelchair slightly out of the way, and sat beside him. He put his arms around his shoulders.
    "You can open them now," he said with teary eyes. He didn't know whether or not Jex was going to make it, and after today Ryan thought the same fate would be his own. He hugged him and placed his head on Jex's shoulder, holding him tightly. "I thought I lost you," he mumbled.

Alex was ready in the RV, thinking about how his parents disregarded him. Is this where he may have ended up? As they were driving down, the thought came to him. He needed to save as many people as possible. This was more than Colton or Carter. In his mind, he thought if there was a way to help more, he would do so.
    "We need to rescue more people than who we are assigned," he said outloud. "Four people are not enough. They're like us." He looked up at them readying the equipment. "We should use this as an opportunity. There are people who are attacking us. We need to enlist," he stated.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Well his plan worked to get the robot in and the door open. As the robot talked Colton let out a violent coughing fit, his mind questioning if he could actually get this done. If he could really escape. In terms of physical capability it seemed impossible but he wasn't going to stop now. The words that Shane tried to send to him had gone straight over his head, he didn't hear it, he didn't pay attention at all. Colton waited for the robot to leave, and before the door could close her slid the bed side table across in the way of the door shutting. He knew that it would attract the robots attention so without thinking he took off into a sprint leaping over the table and grabbing onto the robot. Knowing from past attempts that he couldn't manipulate this robot, he didn't try but instead he glanced around finding random small objects to throw at the robot with telekinetic bullet. With his hands he tried to get at a seem or something that allowed him to get at wires, if he pulled them all out it would stop it, that was the theory. However things were difficult as Colton was having trouble not coughing a lot. Things didn't seem to be going as well as he hoped.
    [​IMG]
    Brendan was sitting in the vehicle doing the last touch ups on the program. He then turned around and handed the USB to Jean. "Here, when you plug this in it will start auto downloading. The first thing to go will be the security locks on the computer giving you access. You will have one minute before everything crashes completely, in that one minute I need you to send me some sort of message. Email is the easiest but facebook, skype, anything that is sent from their computers. It will be the easiest way for me to hack into their systems. I can do it through the site but it is far more difficult and more likely to be discover us. It is evidence. When the computers come back on it should delete all traces of it. When it starts send me a message though your mind, I will keep connections open between us." Brendan instructed as he turned back to a monitor, typing in a few command he accessed the local security cameras near the building to watch. "Good luck to all of you." Brendan said without looking back.

[​IMG]
    Lukey got straight to the point after the tattoo was done, asking if she had read his mind at all. "Wellll, you see..." Isabella started before getting into her explanation, dragging the beginning out. "I did only for a moment accidentally. Around here so many people have things to stop the ability that I forget I am using it at times and just do it accidentally. That is why I knew something was terribly wrong. Then I stopped it. My mind was thinking to many things to really bother knowing what was going on in your head though, don't worry. You don't want to see inside my mind, there is so much going on in there. I mean especially with my photographic memory. It makes things crazy!" Isabella began to rant as she ran around putting things away and getting another cup of coffee. "So whats next?"
    [​IMG]
    Cynthia didn't look up as she was lead outside. She grabbed her weapon as soon as she got out the door and her once father locked her out. Cynthia didn't get to go far before Tobias started to yell at her. "First lets go to my place, I will explain everything there." She said in a low tone. She soon began to walk towards her apartment without saying much more to him until they were inside and the door was locked.

Cynthia threw her scythe in the corner before plopping down on a couch. "You want to know what the entire thing was about?" Cynthia asked kind of annoyed. She knew explaining this would easily get her killed but whatever. Perhaps she would cave to Tobias' creepy gross lust if it kept her alive longer then it might be worth it, it might not. "This is what it is all about." Cynthia picked up a wooden box on the table. She concentrated hard not really knowing how to use the power. After a few seconds the box exploded in her hand. "That's what it is all about." She said not bothering to explain anything more.

[​IMG]
    Jason let out a long breath as he locked the door behind him locking his daughter out. He then walked into the main area and took a look at the job board checking what is new. He didn't want to go on the mission, he didn't do any jobs anymore unless requested, he just needed something to distract his mind. He flipped through a few pages on the board and then he turned and walked away. He soon walked over and grabbed a cup of coffee and sit down not knowing what to do with himself now.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    After the boy had asked about Cynthia's predicament, he was then surprised to see her suggest going to her place. Oh wait, damn, no it was to explain the situation. Then again, he supposed that was important too. So he decided to follow her, for once not saying a word as he was lead back. The moment they got back to her apartment and she sat down, Tobias sat down beside her. She picked up a wooden box and held it. Oh, that made sense. She was secretly into arts and crafts and that was why she was so pissed. And then the box exploded.

Tobias jumped up immediately, stepping away from the couch for just a moment. She was one of them? How long had she known? No, if she'd known about it before she probably wouldn't have gotten caught...meaning the information was new to her aswell. Waaaait. He could use this to his advantage. Maybe she'd give into his creepy gross lust if he kept her secret and kept her alive. Yes, then it would be worth it. How could he react to it though? He had to make it sound like he was heavily interested and was going to keep her safe. "Well......that's a thing. Now I see why Jason would lock you up, I still think it was a stupid idea though" he said. Nailed it. Shrugging his shoulders, he looked her right in the eyes. "So now that we're not in Raven Sun, how else are we going to get paid?"

[​IMG]
    "As much as I wish I could go, Kye, I can't. My arm might be next to useless, but I still intend on capturing the other group of people. Which means I can't go, I need to stay here. If there is a problem though, send a text to my phone and I'll get there as soon as I'm able" Lucas replied to his partner. If he left at such a crucial time, then everything they'd been working for could be lost. Isabella's explanation sounded sincere enough to satisfy him for the moment. "What's next is pretty much standard procedure, or at least what we've been doing lately. Check security, keep an eye on your subjects, and just run tests to develop the research you need. Even if we capture the group of people, the research will still help. It's a boring and uneventful task, but its what needs to be done" the investigator spoke.

[​IMG]
    "If I wasn't weird, I wouldn't be here would I?" Shane answered. Well, that plan had failed. Fortunately for Shane, it hadn't backfired. The manipulation hadn't worked, but he should have expected that result from trying to use his own words to manipulate the people. Two of them had left, meaning only two remained. Thankfully his task was now easier. He hadn't sensed a response from Colton, so that was worrying, but he could feel that the boy was alive. If he wasn't responding, there was a chance he was simply heavily distracted, which meant he had tried to escape, and that meant Shane didn't have much time.

He had to do something and quick. There was a good chance if he tried to manipulate both of them one of them would give into it, but maybe things just needed a little bit of a push. He had to hope his plan worked; if it didn't then he was in a very, very dangerous situation. He reached out for the minds of both of them, no longer wincing at the sound (but damn did that take some serious willpower) and influenced their minds. He used his Darkside View on both of them, bringing out their darker, more aggressive personalities. In just a few moments they would be like rabid beasts, he was sure of it. Then he used his pushing on the two of them, planting just a suggestion to strike the other straight in the face, hoping their natural lust for dominance aided him. He then simply sat there and waited, doing his best to look as though he were bored.

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Jean\'s Banner.png

The USB was light, and it could easily hide among the car keys in his pocket. Hand took hold of the device and placed it inside pockets, nodding to Brendan's words.

"I'll just send you a message via e-mail that it's done or something... I don't want to risk taking off the device Errol gave me. Besides, I don't know if this device as an off switch anyway. Heh.." he said, playing coy to the fact.

It was now a part of him. Sure he could unwind and excrete the device, but that was something he did not want to do just yet. It would stay on for the remainder of the mission heck maybe longer; he enjoyed his privacy after all. As long as he was in the building, playing it safe by keeping the device on was their best bet of survival. The van door was opened by Jean, allowing him passage off as well as Christie. Eyes looked back to Brendan to repeat the orders.

"Send you a message within a minute. Report to you in a minute. " he said, giving both Errol and Brendan a nod. Left hand played with the car keys as eyes then focused on the borrowed car before them. It was a sports car, with a nice wing on the back of the trunk. As he neared, a smile struggled to rise as the man child tried to hold it together. Just looking at that black car was making him excited, and all giddy inside. With his black jean jacket, black basic shirt, blue original straight jeans, and black boots. He felt like an action hero from those films like Jack Reacher, Bourne Identity, etc. Thumb pressed on the unlock button from a closing distance. Hand clamped on the drivers door, and opened. Eyes were met with a nice interior. This was his first time driving such a nice classy car. He got in and immediately let hands gently feel the wheel, keeping face as stoic as possible; but it was getting harder to. He waited until Christie got inside before he went off to play with the car for the 15 mile that awaited them.

"Time to play the Cop and the captured fugitive." he said, looking at the road.

10. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Surprisingly Kassandra actually took well to his flirting which only made things more interesting for Walter. He listened to what made Kassandra join this organization and from Walter heard it just seemed that the organization was ingrained into her life in such a way that she’d willingly stay without thinking of leaving. He immediately raised an eyebrow the moment Kassandra asked him what his reason was, definitely surprised and not expecting the sudden reversal of questioning.

“me?” Walter said before letting out a soft laugh, continuing to lean against the wall as he brushed back the bangs of his hair, holding the bangs back with his eyes closed and a calm smile “Ever since I was a child I never had a choice of whether I desired to join or not” Walter said as a grin formed on his face. “I was only 8 years old when the government brought me over to this organization. A mind of steel…a true killing machine…nothing more than a doll…that was the child I used to be” Walter said chuckling “though my time in this organization has…changed me into the charming man you see before you” Walter said opening his eye and stared over at Kassandra with a charming smile.

11. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Christie got into the car, finding it surprisingly comfortable to sit inside. She wasn't interested in cars too much, but damn it was a nice one. She was still marveling over the car when Jean spoke about being a cop and a fugitive, snapping her out of her thoughts and back into reality. She had to maintain focus, keep concentration purely on the mission at hand. Everything depended on herself and Jean keeping in character and convincing them of the scenario they had to come up with. She hadn't really thought much of a scenario, but thankfully they had about fifteen miles to discuss it.

It didn't take Christie too long to come up with something, though that had to do with the fact she probably wouldn't do much talking to the people that had captured Colton. Their questions would surely be for Jean, given that he was the one pretending to be a man of the law. "Alright, so you remember the park that Carter and Colton both went missing at? If they ask, say you found me there. Say that I went to you for help, telling you that my friend went missing, and when you asked if there's any reason someone would want to hurt him that I told you that he's a telekinetic. If they still aren't buying it, then you could say something about me describing the car that they drove away in, and that should get their attention. Sound good to you or do you have a better idea?" Christie asked, thinking aloud.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

• [​IMG]

So I see,” Kassandra pondered, tapping her finger on her arm. Realizing she had been here a while in Walter’s office and that her arm was going to be alright for now, she pushed off the desk and began to walk to the door. “I have to leave,” she said, “I need to check up on the security and other things for my father. It was nice chatting with you, Walter. It was a good break from the mundane days of my life, unlike yesterday.” She then put her hand on the door handle and began to turn it, hoping that she didn’t seem rude. She just wanted to make sure her father knew she could be trusted and dutiful as she always been.

• [​IMG]
      “Kay.” Jex obediently closed his eyes and felt Ryan push the wheelchair out of the infirmary and out into the hallway. He didn’t dare cheat to use his powers to figure out what Ryan was doing; he trusted him. Still, it was strange he didn’t hear anything at all in his head… It was as if someone shut off the light in his brain, and he couldn’t turn it back on. Or there was a wall there and he couldn’t break it down and see over the other side. Jex’s thoughts were interrupted when he felt a cool breeze caress his cheek and took in a breath, realizing that they were outside. He was tempted to open his eyes, but then shut them even tighter. Now was the time to trust. Ryan wasn’t going to do anything to hurt him, he felt that much.

He then heard a babble of a stream, and could smell mossy, pleasant water smell in the air. He then heard Ryan’s words that he was going to pick him up and braced himself, feeling his heart beat rapidly as he was held close to the younger boy’s warmth. He was then sat down on a wooden bench, and then was told he could open his eyes.

Jex’s eyes flutter opened and he saw a stream, a tree, and a beautiful sunset in the evening sky above him. He breathed out in wonderment, and then looked over at Ryan, only to see the boy was tearing up. He frowned, and then he was hugged by Ryan. Jex’s eyes softened and he hugged the teen back, kissing him gently on top of his head as he brought Ryan closer to him. “But you didn’t,” he said softly, laying his head on top of Ryan’s and began to caress the boy’s hair. “I’m still here…

• [​IMG]
      There are only four to rescue,” Errol said, pulling out a lighter and began to flick it on and off. “All the others have died… Colton, Carter, Mai, and Shane are the only ones left alive at that place. This world is too cruel…” Errol then put the lid on the lighter and looked at the four he had selected to go rescue the other four from the hell that awaited them. "It's time for you to get ready to go. You will go by four wheelers, one for each, and stay off of the main road. There was a break in the fence surrounding the facility on the south side when we were able to look at the security footage, closest to the warehouse shed where the sewer system leads to the prison cells. Brendan will send you all a map to follow as soon as Jean does his job. Go."

Danni didn't hesitate and motioned for Alex, Lief, and Ken to follow her. Outside were the four, four wheelers, each of them equipped with two helmets and were the color of the dessert which was a sandy brown. Danni sat on one and turned on the engine, surprised how quiet it sounded. "Wow... these are gonna be good," she mused, cranking the engine. It barely got louder than what it first was, but she felt the power of them underneath her. The students had been four wheeling out in the desserts and mountains before as part of their field training and Danni was happy they were going to put it into use now. "I hope you all remember how to work these things," she said to the boys as she slipped on her helmet.

• [​IMG]
      “Shame, shame. Miss on mind game, hm?” Kytheria then waved once to her partner and then began to walk down the hallways of the laboratory. Finally she was going to get out of this horrible place. She had been itching the whole time to strangle a few of the psychics and choke the light out of them, now she was getting out of here.

[​IMG]
      Colton!” Mai cried out when she realized the boy was trying to fight against the robot with all his might. She put her hands over her mouth and watched in horror as the boy tried to use his powers to overcome the robot.

The collar around Colton’s neck suddenly activated, sending a powerful shock wave through the boy’s body to try to subdue him while the robot was fighting to throw Colton off his shoulder and on to the floor. It would then try to stick a needle in Colton with fluid to mollify the boy enough to be groggy and weak, while the other arm was being pulled back at lengths a human arm could not. An alarm system suddenly went off as well as the room was bathed in a red light. More robots began to roll in, surrounding the boy and waiting to see if the medic robot would be able to subdue him.

The guards around Shane’s dropped their guns and began beating each other up as their eyes turned dim. Suddenly metal walls fell around Shane’s cell, blocking him from the view of anyone from the outside. The men instantly stopped and looked up at each other, confused of what just happened. But then the alarm system began to go off and they picked up their guns, hustling out of the room.

Kytheria didn’t stop walking when robots and others zoomed passed her as a loud alarm system was sounding off through the whole facility. She giggled to herself, figuring of the “subjects” were acting up finally giving Lucas and others some action to deal with. “Not my monkey, not my circus,” she said to herself, grinning like a Cheshire cat as she walked to the back of the facility where a body bag and a black van was waiting for her.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  13. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Jean\'s Banner.png

" H'ok. Just be ready for when they take you in. I'm going to have to give you up, and most likely they'll confiscate whatever is on you. They WILL take off that earpiece of yours... So I hope you can put up some kind of mental wall or else this operation is finished before it even started..."
    jean said a matter of factly, making left on the street. He trusted Christie to know what to do.

The car was roaring, going fast on the deserted road. The feel of this speed was just exhilarating. It brought back so many memories of Jean when he was slightly younger, experimenting with ways of manipulating molecules to create different effects. One of the first things he sought out and accomplished to do was increasing his speed. It always ended up with him self combusting inevitably, but it was always worth it. He felt unstoppable, practically free every time wind rushed past his blurry form. It was hard for him to make tight turns or tight corners, but it was still fun to try.

Passing a sign, Jean scoffed through nostrils as a memory of an accident that had occurred because of his many attempts at "super-speed".

He was Nineteen years old when he end up falling flat on his face on the mud during an attempt. His entire body had become dirty while the rain persisted. It was a good day to practice because the rain kept his body cool enough to not combust; although despite all of that his body was steaming. It was on that rainy day that he discovered how limitless he truly was as he got up all muddy with a toothy grin. He had began to jump for joy at his success; despite the muddy crash. The rain was pouring down on the field like a sad drama, but he didn't take it that way. That joy was just so overwhelming. Everything on this planet of theirs, heck everything in the cosmos is comprised of molecules, atoms, subatomic particles that compose substances. They rule, define the universe. According to Darwin's theory of evolution, humans were once a single celled organism. To imagine, that life started from one small organism comprised of little molecules that eventually grew, began to split into other more defined cells. That's what Jean had been thinking of as he danced on that field with his joy.

"Control the fundamentals, the foundation of all life, and you'll find that the impossible is now possible.." he had said way back when.

Anime, movies, T.V. series, games, etc. Perhaps Jean had been delusional at the time, but these fictions were all ideas that could potentially be imitated. If he could do all of those things, if he could succeed in imitating the things he saw in science fiction by manipulating Molecules, then that wall called fiction would no longer be real. His drive for that boundless freedom is what stirred his desire for more knowledge in the more advanced sciences. He could do anything if he just knew how and why things worked the way they worked in this universe, because then...he would understand what he had to do to burst through that limit.

A checkpoint was in full view as Jean slowed the car down. There was a booth with the passage being blocked by metal bars jutting from the ground. A man holding a service rifle walked up to the car, tapping on the window. Pressing an index against the button, Jean lowered the window for the man.

"Form of Identification" he said, giving him a stern look.

Jean casually pulled out the badge Errol had given him, acting lax. The man looked beyond the scholar, and at the young purple haired female. Stern eyes looked back at the badge, and raised an eyebrow. He handed the badge back to the shaggy haired individual before him, looking back to his other guards. After talking through a walkie attached to the mans vest, he Waved a hand to the air. The metal bars lowered themselves a second later to allow passage through.

"Whatever you're here for, godspeed..." the man said, looking down at the window in skepticism.

The window closed, and the car roared to life past the blockade and towards the large facility ahead of them. The sports-car eventually found its parking spot, and Jean climbed out of it with Christie, both heading for the main entrance of the building.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  14. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    "Sir? Sir?!"

Joshua finally awoke to knocking on the window of the car and he shot up and looked up and saw a woman knocking on the window, who was dressed up in a workers uniform. Presumably for the grocery store that his car was parked in. He realized what happened when he looked at his watch and he rolled down the windows,
    "Hello? Yes. I'm sorry."

"Sir, you cannot sleep in this car on this property."
    "I know, I know. I'm so sorry. I had no intention to. Please forgive me. I can pay compensation or a fine for that if the owner wishes."
    "I'm the owner, and frankly, I don't care. I just want you off this property immediately. Unless you intend to buy something."

Joshua nodded and replied,
    "That's fair. I'll buy something." and he rolled up the windows before he exited the car and locked it. He followed the woman inside and noticed just by inspection that she had a rather large tribal tattoo on the back of her neck.

He went inside and grabbed a few obvious travelling items and the owner motioned for him to come over to her so she could ring him up. When he went over she said,
    "So are you passing through on a trip?"
    Joshua tilted his head slightly and responded, "I guess you could say that. I was trying to make it in one go and stopped for a second and ended up passing out. I'm sorry about that."
    "Are you okay to drive? There is an inn and a hotel just on the main road if you drive a little bit of the ways by. I know it's a little late, but I can call in for you and put your name in if you'd like."

Joshua nodded and responded,
    "I guess that sounds like a good idea. That you, I appreciate that kind gesture."

The woman pulled out a notepad and paper and inquired,
    "Okay, what's your name?"
    Joshua cracked his neck and responded, "Joshua Barry."
    "Joshua... Barry..." It sounded like she was taking down the name, but she also sounded like she heard a little bit of familiarity in the name. Trying to sound suspicious she asked, "If you don't mind me asking, Joshua, where are you from?"

Joshua decided playing up the tourist role would probably work in his favor, so he responded,
    "Nevada. Las Vegas. Not really fond of the casinos there so it's good to sometimes go for a drive."

The woman simply responded with,
    "I see... well, I'll call them up on the way there. I'm going to be calling up the Pine's Inn, it's a motel, but it's still nice. Unless you prefer the hotel?"
    "No, the motel is fine. Thank you so much. I hope you have a wonderful night." Joshua grabbed the bag of groceries after paying for them and smiled as he left. It was a charming and charismatic smile, one that almost won the woman over for a moment.

She knew she had a little bit of time before she called up the Inn, so she pulled out her cellphone and called up on the phone and walked into the back room,
    "Hello... Valentine? Yes, I know it's rather late... but someone is in town that shouldn't be... Joshua Barry... yeah... he's staying at Pine's Inn supposedly for the night... but I'm doubting that..."

[​IMG]

"Shhh, not so loud." Tomas said, putting a finger on his lips as he tensed, looking back to the heavy oak door.

Suddenly, it swung open and in walked someone else, dressed also in a black robe like the previous person. This figure was kind of small, almost feminine like. The figure picked up the trays without saying a word before wandering off, locking the door behind them.

Tomas relaxed, sighing out in relief. Maybe they were just going to ignore Abi, that was good. He didn't know what good shouting would do, but Tomas decided to just let her be. He got up and went over to his bed, taking out a sketchbook from under his matress and grabbed a pencil from his night stand. He then leafed through the many pages, most of them been drawn on already until he landed on an unfinished sketched. It looked anime like; a girl dressed in armor holding a large sword with her other arm up and ready to jump off the page and fight.

Abi was still unbelievably pissed off, but she stopped screaming because she was aware that wasn't going to get her anywhere. So she decided to do something she figured wouldn't work but she was going to darn well try. She started looking around the rooms for a bunch of supplies, until she got to the bathroom and found a box of cotton swabs. She took a handful and began to walk back to the cell door, ripping the cotton tips off. She looked at it for a moment and spoke out loud, "I hope you don't like to use these Tomas, because of this doesn't work, we'll probably never see these again."

She took a deep breath and then stuck her arms out and around the bars and started to attempt to lockpick the door. Tomas glanced up from his sketch, raising an eyebrow as he watched Abi. What was this girl trying to do exactly? When he saw the discarded Q-tips on the ground, he then looked back up her and sat straighter. "Careful," he warned, keeping his voice low. "Those bars are ridged with electricity... Kind of like an electric fence..."

"Then I'll just make sure not to touch them, yes?" Abi mumbled back, after a moment she heard a click and held her breath before she let out cheer. She backed away for a moment and grabbed one of the books and threw it at the cell door, which pushed the cell door open. Abi was aware that what she was doing was only making things worse for herself, but she was going to keep doing it anyway. She grabbed the book and slipped out of the cell with her handful of homemade lockpicks. She looked at this next door and cringed, "This one's gonna be harder, I can already tell. What is this, a door from 1894?"

Tomas had put the sketch book down and was now on his feet, looking back at the two way mirror. "You're going to get in serious trouble," he whispered, folding his arms tightly over his chest as he walked cautiously over to Abi, feeling his heart race as he eyed the heavy oak door. No one had ever tried to escape like Abi had, not that Tomas had known. Then again, the girl that was here before him mysteriously disappeared for who knew how long ago that was.

Abi looked at the lock and started to pick at it and responded, "Look, I am in a place I don't know, surrounded by people who want to use me as their monthly dessert specialty. If I'm not already in trouble, then I don't know what this is." Abi kept going for a little bit before she mumbled, "****, this lock is rusty. If I had a hairpin this'd be over. Where'd they take our stuff man, I had pretty much a skeleton key for this kind of stu-" the blue haired girl got quiet and cringed as she used her telepathy, 'Tomas... someone's on the other side of the door aren't they?'

Tomas held his breath, feeling with his mind that someone was standing there, patiently waiting for something. Tomas swallowed heavily, standing at the edge of the cell. "Just come back over here, before they come in," he said, keeping his voice low. "You don't want to be caught by them, just come back."

Abi stared painfully at the door, she knew this was going to end badly for her either way. She looked at her last two tips and whispered, "If these break, I'll go back. If not, just don't get yourself in trouble too, okay?" Abi closed her eyes and then tried one more time, she heard another click, and knew it had worked. However, she didn't know what was going to happen when she opened the door. If someone was waiting outside with a projectile weapon, who knew if they'd shoot it immediately. Since the door opened in, Abi opened the door but hid behind it.

Three robed figures with veils over the opening stepped in, one advancing towards Tomas while the other two looked around. The two looking at each other nodded and stood facing the closed door, one standing by the wall while the other standing at the entrance of the door frame. "Come on out, don't make this harder on yourself than it already is." The third robed figure had Tomas clutched tightly by the shoulder, forcing the poor boy to stumble out of his cell and towards the oak door, now opened obviously.

'Oh no. No, no, no,' Tomas muttered in his mind as he read the thoughts of the one dragging him. 'Not water boarding. Please, not that again...' But the boy was speechless, watching for Abi who was hidden away from his view before he was shoved out. "Don't hurt her!" he spouted out, only to be pushed hard by the one holding his shoulder, stumbling to one knee. He was then yanked up, being led down the hall as his voice began to fade away. "She doesn't know! She's scared! Don't hurt her, please!"

"Seems as if Tomas has taken a liking to you," the one standing by the entrance of the door said. Abi cringed as she heard Tomas' thoughts as they dragged him away. She was silent for a moment before she knew she had to walk out from behind the door. She refused to look at any of them as she said, "What, are you hurting him because of something I did? Sounds counterproductive to me."

"Because he didn't try to stop you. He should know by now we don't tolerate rebellion of any sorts. Now, what to do with you... Should we room you away from Tomas? Though he seemed to be lonely the last few months... Ah, well." The figure put their hands on their hips. "Perhaps we should let you meet Syrus first hand... Then again, you are new... Spiteful little cobra though..."

"In his defense, I'd probably have knocked him out if he had tried to stop me." She was bluffing. Mostly. She didn't know if Tomas turned out to be some sort of black belt in karate. Abi looked at the figure and spoke, "What the **** do you people think you're doing? Don't you realize people will notice that I'm gone?" She was still bluffing, "And I don't know what makes you guys think that this-" she was still holding the book, so she took a page and intentionally gave herself a papercut and let the piece of blood drip down her finger, "Makes you guys able to do crazy ass **** with your brain. It doesn't work that way. **** what momma taught you."

"I told you she had spunk," the hooded figure said, looking at the other who stood at the door quietly, just watching what was happening. "Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? No one has noticed Tomas has been gone... No one has come looking for him..." The hooded figure snatched Abi's wrist with the finger that was cut and with the other pulled back the veil over their face, revealing a man with tribal tattoos of sorts etched on one side of his face. "And this," he said, bringing her cut finger up to her lips, "is more powerful than what your small brain could wrap around..." A long tongue suddenly snaked out, running it over the cut to lap up the blood.

Abi glared at the man, and despite how disturbed she should have been at that moment, she still managed to muster up enough energy and willpower to give the man a quick punch to the face and a kick to the balls.

15. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

The poor man didn't know whether to grab for his mouth or grab for his balls. He grunted as he stood as if he had to pee, trying to conceal how much pain he was in.

The other cloaked figure stood there, simply tilting their head as they watched the scene unfold before them.

As soon as he could, the man stood straight up, grabbing Abi by the throat and shoved her hard against the wall. "You're stupid, you know that?" the man spat, pressing his hand into Abi's throat. "You need to be taught some manners." His hand shook Abi a bit as if he was wrangling a small cat, threatening to squeeze the life out of Abi right then and there. His arms were strong, in fact, if anyone noticed, his muscles were pretty buff as if he lifted weights.

He then let go, shoving Abi hard to the ground and stalked around her like a hawk eyeing its prey. "I know just what to do with you," he muttered in a dark tone. He then grabbed Abi harshly by the arm, attempting to yank her up to her feet.

If Abi had actually known what Joshua did for a living, she would know where most of her reflexes came from. However, they weren't exactly doing her much of a favor when she couldn't breath and was pinned to a wall. When she was thrown down, she had hit her head off the ground, and that had only made her dizzier when the man attempted to yank her up again. But if there was anything that could be said at this point, it was that Abi wasn't going down without a fight. So when she was at least able to see straight again, she used her feet to try and trip the man before he had fully pulled her up.

The man was quick this time, keeping an eye on Abi and her quick reflexes. "This way," he growled, shoving her forward to the hooded person standing at the door, who quietly moved away and watched from under the veil of the hood. He kept a death grip on her shoulder, digging his nails through the robe as he attempted to escort her down the hallway of the dismal place, light by fire torches and lined with obsidian stonework.

Abi was purposefully not making it easy for them to escort her, at one point in their dragging she responded, "I just wanna let you know, if you're planning on torturing me, I'm a masochist. It's not gonna get you anywhere." She was seriously bluffing at this point just trying to find something.

"Silence." The man was angry, his vibrant blue eyes sparked with rage as he dragged her down the hallway.

The sound of splashing water and muffled coughing could be heard drifting from one of the rooms, followed by stifled sounds of words trying to come out, but it sounded like pleading. More water splashing, the scary choking, and then right after that more water. The man pulled her into the room as the sound of spluttered coughing coming from the throat washed over the three figures. Two other men in black robes and veils stood by a small figure dressed in a white robe strapped to a table, dripping with water droplets. No doubt it was Tomas, but his head was covered with some kind of brown sack cloth, obscuring his face from view. His chest raised up and down heavily, trying to breath through the damp cloth as sounds of whimpering came from underneath.

'Just... make it stop... Just stop...' Tomas's thought as he laid there, trying so hard to catch his breath. 'Please... please... I can't breathe...'

"Table is taken," one of the veiled people by Tomas said.

"I don't need it," said the man. He then yanked Abi to the wall where chains dangled from the stone. "You don't like to be locked up? Well, here." The other figure, being silent, came over to the other side when the man gestured with his head for him to come over. Soon they attempted to clasp iron wrist bands over Abi's wrists to restrain her to the wall.

Abi was distracted by Tomas for the moment, until she realized they were trying to restrain her, which only made her start freaking out more. She was kicking and flailing like a senseless animal, there wasn't anything methodic to it. She felt another one of the figures grab her head and keep it straight against the wall, which only made her hurt herself more when she flailed, when she heard one of the bands snap in place, she stopped and spoke again, despite having been told to shut up before, "You know, it's really upsetting that I don't get to see all of your faces. Is it uniform, or does it make looking in a mirror easier?"
    The silent figure was kneed in the gut by Abi's flailing and stumbled back, but Abi was restrained now. The figure clutched his stomach, walking around to try to recover.

'Abi...?' Tomas's thought sounded out weakly as he turned his head on the table to the sound of her voice. One of the veil figures left Tomas's side, filling up two buckets of water in a large metal sink while the other stood by.

"You just never learn, do you Tomas?" the one by Tomas scolded, their voice sounding like an old woman. "You wanted a companion, didn't you? Now look where it's gotten you."

'I'm sorry...' Toma's weak thoughts came out, almost sounding as if he was going to cry.

The man suddenly yanked on a chain, pulling Abi's hands over her head stretched out as if she was preparing to fly. The chain was wrapped out of Abi's reach around the handle and then he turned to face her. "Maybe time here will teach you about rebelling..."

The one at the water sinks came back over, placing one of the buckets down. The other hooded person, who seemed to be an old lady, filled a smaller container with water, pouring it over Tomas's head without warning.

The boy tensed under the restraints, his back trying to arch as his moved to fight the water being poured over the hood. He gagged, still not able to fight the sensation his brain was trying override but failing.

Abi wasn't quite sure if she was in more pain from the sudden yank from the chains or from watching Tomas' struggle and hearing his apologizing. She managed to supress screaming although her face indicated she wasn't enjoying it. 'Why the hell are /you/ apologizing?' she let out in a painful sounding thought, as if her screams were thrown into the mind instead.

"There, that should keep you in check..." The man gestured to the silent one who was finished nursing his wounds to start following him out. "Maybe you'll learn by example," he said to Abi, smirking at her as he made his way out of the room.

More water was dumped on Tomas and his fits of struggle were becoming weaker and weaker with each time the mysterious lady kept throwing liquid on his hood nonstop.

'I was lonely... they...'

His thoughts were fading as his coughing was sounding hoarse, almost pathetic as if he was getting close to death.

The other who brought the buckets raised a hand to stop the old lady. "Let him be," a quiet voice sounded. "He's had enough."

The lady scoffed, tossing the smaller container back in the second bucket of water, still full and ready to use. She then yanked off Tomas's hood, and the boy took in a grateful gasp of air, spluttering as water came out of his mouth soon afterwards,. He then turned his head to the side, taking in deep breaths like he was a fish out of water.

"Lesson has been learned for now," the old lady sniffed, and then turned away from Tomas, leaving him bound to the table as she and her companion walked out of the room as well, leaving Tomas and Abi alone.

She was definitely in more pain watching Tomas than from the suspension. And now, she was probably more confused. She didn't try making Tomas talk or anything, she just let him have the chance to breath, but as she waited, she already felt her arms start to go numb, and it was starting to hurt even more.

Once Tomas's breathing came to mostly normal, he spat out the extra water still lingering on his lips. He turned his head weakly on the table as puddles of water began to form under his body and head. The boy then forced his eyes to open and squinted, realizing that his vision was a little fuzzy. But there was Abi, up on the wall and suspended. "That look like it..." His voice was strained and then he coughed, shaking his head as he pushed his vocal chords to talk again. "... hurts." Tomas felt the cool breeze of the air conditioner brush over his wet skin and shivered, flexing his wrists weakly against the restraints.

"Thanks... you too..." Abi responded unsure of exactly how to respond in this situation. Or maybe she hadn't heard him right. She closed her eyes and was breathing heavily. 'What were you saying... about being lonely? I would have figured that you'd probably feel alone but you seemed to be saying something else with that comme-' "Oh god make it stop." Abi whispered when the numbness reached her shoulders.

Tomas watched helplessly as Abi was hurting, wishing he could do something to help her out. He pulled on the restraints a little harder, only to feel them tighten around his wrists. "They saw I was lonely... That I didn't have anyone..." Tomas's voice was hoarse, but he forced himself to talk, clearing his throat again and again. "And that I was starting to get depressed... They went out, looking for another... They found you... And..." He let out a tired laugh that sounded like gagging and then swallowed down the lump in his throat. "I'm being stupid... They're just going to do what they want to do... regardless... What I say."

"Frankly... if they cared at all about the fact you were depressed... they probably wouldn't... have..." Abi took a deep breath before continuing through her teeth, "Kept you locked in a cell. Sure, good behavior's probably gonna make life a hell of a lot easier, but **** that. I went through that mentality for eight. ****ing. years. Making myself feel like I shouldn't be alive." Abi felt tears come out of her eyes and she whispered, "I'm sorry, if I had just shut up and played along you wouldn't have been- AGH." The blue haired girl's attempts at hiding her pain were no longer working, and she was pretty sure based on the blurriness of her vision, that she was probably bawling her eyes out.

"Abi!" Tomas was going back into panic, but not for himself this time. He just met the girl, and she was older than him, but he felt like he had to protect her. He pulled at his restraints, only to realize he wasn't going anywhere. He knew what the wall felt like, he had that one before too. It felt like one's lungs would collasp on themselves sooner or later. "Hey!" he coughed out, calling out to someone as he shivered in the cold. "Heeeeeey!" Tomas knew they were out there, they wouldn't leave them completely alone. Maybe they were not trying to listen to them and leave them alone. Tomas wasn't going to have that though. "HEY!" he shouted as loud as he could, his throat hoarse and his voice strained.

Smaller hooded figures walked in, four of them to be exact. They looked like they were the sizes of young children, two stood on either side of Tomas, waiting for him to speak.

"How much longer, for Abi?" Tomas breathed out, looking over at his new friend worriedly.

One of the hooded children raised both hands up, showing that the poor girl had ten more minutes.

"I'll trade less time for her," Tomas croaked out, getting straight to the point. "You know what I mean..."

The cloaked figures looked at each other, as if silently deciding what to do. After a few moments, one reached in their cloak and pulled out a needle with a clear tube of sorts and a small valve at the end of the needle, like the one hospitals used for IVs.

One of the cloaked figures were opted to step to the door while the other two stood around the one getting the material ready. An excited, odd energy of sorts started to grow around the small beings, as if they were anticipating something good to come their way.

Abi cringed as she tried to look at Tomas through her blurred vision, "What the hell are you doing? I... I can hang on for ten more minutes..." She didn't sound too sure, but she sure as hell wasn't gonna have Tomas getting in more pain because of her again. Granted, she had no idea what exactly was going on.

"It's not going to hurt," Tomas said as he closed his eyes, clenching his fists and he briefly mentally prepared for what was to come. The one prepping the equipment pulled out an alcohol swab, gauze, and bandages, carefully setting it on the table where it wasn't wet. The alcohol swab was pulled out of its packaging and swiped across a spot on Tomas's neck. The needle with the valve was then attached to the rubber clear hose and the little cloaked demon was ready for action.

"Don't get mad at me... Just don't look. Try not to look," Tomas breathed out, keeping his eyes shut as he waited.

The needle was then pricked into Tomas's neck, causing him to only wince slightly and then relax his hands as he took in slow, deep breaths. Crimson liquid began to come out of the hose and the end of the tube disappeared under the hood. The tube moved slightly as if it was being sucked heavily, the being taking in three big gulps. Hands reached out and turned off the valve, and then it was passed to the next being who waited quietly. More sucking, then passed to the next one; this continued until all four little monsters had three good sips of "psychic milk".

As the one who pricked Tomas in the first place was cleaning up Tomas's neck, one of the little figures ran out of the room.

"Hang on, Abi," Tomas sighed out weakly as the gauze then bandages were applied to the place where the needle had stuck him. He continued to breath in and out, forcing his eyes to open as he moved his head lethargically to the side, trying to see how his new friend was doing.

Abi wasn't good at following orders.

And she sure wish she was after that moment.

It was almost as if her vision intentionally was as clear as day, just so she could see everything that went on in all its crimson detail. Everything that could have been distracting was still, as if she was watching a movie on television. She heard every little slurp that came from the kid's mouths, and Abi's eyes were widened in shock.

This was what these people did. This is what was going to happen to her. Adults, kids, elders, whoever, were going to drink from her as if she was some flavored smoothie that gave them powers. And she was watching it happen, as opposed to hearing what would happen explained. Needless to say, Abi was horrified, and whatever pain she was in, she wasn't feeling anymore. She wasn't very responsive at all.

Through the haze, Tomas could see Abi's face. The reaction to it all was expected, but he still couldn't help but to feel some shame swell inside in of him.

The little figure came back with at least four other hooded figures. Two went to Abi's aid while two went over to Tomas and began to undo the bands that held him down silently. The ones in front of Abi unhooked the chain and began lowering her from the wall, unclasping the iron clads that were on her wrist.

Tomas was freed from his bonds as well and was gradually sat up. He was shaking from the cold and being soaked didn't help with that either. One of the figures at his aid retrieved a blanket and placed it around his shoulders while the little child figure came to the adult's side, holding up a juice box and a power bar for Tomas to take.

Body shuddering and teeth clattering, the boy took the items silently and began to drink the juice first. His vision was spotting and his being was weak... But he should have been used to all of this by now.

When she was lowered, her feet were surprisingly shaky when she touched ground. What wasn't surprising was how weak her torso and arms felt when they released her wrists. They felt like noodles, flimsy, not useful at all. But they still really hurt. Abi felt like she was going to collapse for a moment, but one of the two figures seemed to notice this and helped hold her up just before she fell.

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    With help from the larger hooded figures, Abi and Tomas were escorted back to their cell. One helped Abi sit on her bed and handed her pain medication with a glass of water in which one of the children fetched.

Tomas was helped out of his wet robes and then two hooded figures toweled him off while another child figure moved to pull an oriental room divider to obscure Abi's view from the boy. After a few moments, the hooded figures moved out of the room and the oriental room divider was slid back in place, showing that Tomas was now laid on his bed, teeth still chattering with a large quilt over his body. He looked even more paler than before.

After all had filed out of the room, two adults pulled out complicated electric fancy locks that had no key hole in them. They placed them so that the cell door was secured, and then bothered to lock the original key hole as well. Then they left, locking the wooden door behind them. Tomas couldn't look at Abi. He felt like he did something wrong, but it felt like the right thing to do at the time. "H-how's t-the p-pain?" He asked softly, trying to hide the quiver in his voice from the cold.

Abi hadn't heard Tomas, with everything that had been going on. She had been paying a lot of attention to the locked cell door. Now, it was going to be harder for her to try to break out again... not that she really had another plan going anyway. She was staring at the door when she realized Tomas spoke, she turned towards him and said, "Huh? I'm sorry, I hadn't heard you... are you alright?"

The boy finally opened his eyes, not offended with Abi's spacing out. "Th-the pain... H-how i-is it?" He slowly turned his head, making sure he wasn't laying on the side he was stuck by the needle so he cold face Abi. He tried to bite his lip to stop the annoying chattering, but it wasn't working. "J-just c-c-cold... And a li-ittle t-tired... But alr-right..."Abi massaged her shoulders at the question and responded, "Probably about as good as you think it is... though I'm honestly hoping this pain med kicks in soon..." She crossed her legs and shook her head, "I'm not mad at you... but why did you do that?"

Tomas breathed out softly, pulling the thick blankets over his head so he looked like he was wrapped in a cocoon with his face poking out. His violent shivers began to lessen, and he took in a few more breaths to calm down his chattering teeth until they stopped. "Because I know what it's like," the boy said quietly. "And I wished someone was there for me when I had to go through it. Someone's probably out there looking for you, you know? You just barely got kidnapped... I think people gave up on me. But... I don't... I don't want you to ever believe someone is going to give up on you." He gave a small smile as a violent shudder went down his spine and curled up more into a fetal position on his bed. "They probably would have left you up there until your shoulders dislocated... That would have been bad." Abi closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath before she only replied, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" the boy asked, raising his eyebrow as his smile faded away. "I'm pretty sure you just went through twice what I went through for something I did... and it doesn't matter if you've been through it before... it only makes it worse." she looked away from Tomas and was no longer making eye contact, "I barely even know you and you just went through all that so I wouldn't feel given up on... but I don't like the idea of people getting hurt due to actions I caused..."

Tomas looked at her sadly, quivering under his blanket slightly. "Hey... You didn't know... And I'm a tough cookie. I got bucked off a horse when I was seven... Those were fun times." He then pushed himself to sit up, finally taking the power bar and unwrapped it. "Tiger Milk bars... they're really good. I don't feel bad for eating these. It's got carob coating, peanut butter, and all sorts of yumminess... Not like that nasty shake. This one is... Peanut butter and honey. Want to try some?" he asked, holding up the bar for her to see. He was trying to distract Abi from the horrors of this place. He was seeing the light being zapped out of her already and felt awful about it.

"I can't." she realized how blunt she sounded for a moment and kind of tried to lighten it up, "Well I mean, I could if you wanted to see how fast a girl can swell up. I'm allergic to peanut butter." she held her hands up in defense just in case he got worried, "Not airbourne, so don't worry about that."

"Oh... darn." Tomas looked at the tasty bar, wondering what it would it would be like to be allergic to peanut butter. "Maybe they'll bring something else next time." He took off a piece and gave it a nibble, instantly feeling reenergized as the sugar substance touched his tongue. "I don't know when they'll be back though... Hopefully they won't give a lecture. They're not as bad as discipline, they just talk to us, but it's like the same old stuff over and over again... I swear if they found out how Moonblinking really works from Guardians of Ga'hoole, they would use that if they could." He chewed and swallowed more of the bar, feeling bad to eat in front of Abi, but he needed the proteins and sugar it had to offer after the blood he lost.

Abi looked confused, "Okay, I got the references up to Narnia... now you're out of my understanding." she waited for a moment before she got up, which felt wonky for a moment and then she went into the bathroom. She came back out with three cotton swabs. Before Tomas could make any assumptions she spoke, "They kept the Q-Tips in here, I feel like they did it just to spite me... nah I'm not doing that again..." she mumbled as she went back in. She came back after another minute and responded, "What do you mean by the 'same stuff over and over again'"

Abi was laying down on the bed at that point, when he said that line she said unconsciously, "Oh god that is more terrifying that the torture." she cringed and sat up, "I'm gonna guess they tell us 'oh no one is looking for you' speech just to get us to stop hoping for it. But honestly, they are probably still looking... I don't know what your life was like outside of here, but even if one person cares about you, they are probably still worried about you..." She turned her head and made sure she was looking directly at Tomas, "You aren't only important to them."

Tomas watched Abi from where he was sitting, wrapping the blankets around his skinny frame to keep warm. His tired brown eyes had dark circles under them and it seemed as if he almost had no light in them as he stared back at the older teen girl before him. But there was a little glimmer in them if someone looked closely; a glimmer that showed that deep down, even after all this time, he still tried to fight. "My dad's a very important guy, owned a bunch of ranches and whatnot... He's a tough cowboy kind of character; wore ostrich boots, jeans, fancy belt buckles, and a button up plaid shirt with his favorite black gallon cowboy hat." He smiled a bit at the memory and then continued on, "Him and my momma knew something was different about me... But they didn't know what to do. Dad wanted me to take over the ranching business someday, so I guess he just.... Kind of ignored what I really could do with hearing other people's thoughts and whatnot... Momma said it was a gift that I needed to take care of. My grandma, well... I already told you about that." He shifted on the bed, his shivering had all but died away by now. "They don't know where to find me though... It's been a year..."

He began to tear up, his throat becoming pressured as the emotions swelled inside of him. "Maybe my grandma convinced them that it was for the best... Maybe... Maybe they think I'm dead and I'm not going to come back for sure..." He took the edge of the blanket wrapped around him, furiously trying to wipe away the tears that were trying to come. He needed to be tough, his dad kept telling him that over and over again. Tomas was to not cry in front of anyone, especially girls. He needed to be the tough guy and to keep sensitive feelings at bay, something that his dad often chided to him often. "Sorry," he mumbled, sniffing as he continued to furiously wipe away the tears to stop the crying.

Abi looked across at Tomas and listened to his story, and she could hear him try and hold back tears. She hated it whenever people pointed it out for her, so she wasn't going to point it out for him. She sat up in the bed and replied, "My dad works for some high end company... I'm not really sure what he does exactly... but my dad has always not been fond of the idea I had powers... my mom didn't mind it... I dare say she loved it."

Abi felt the painkillers finally starting to kick in which made her seem to seem a little more relaxed than she normally did, "My momma's pregnant. She's having a boy. I didn't tell her yet though, she wants it to be a surprise. But I always checked up on him to make sure he was okay. So... my parents might be occupied for a little while when it comes to things... because of my baby brother... but I'm sure they'll find me... the problem is details really... I mean... do you have any idea where we are?" Abi let out a little laugh and pointed to herself, "I'm from Nevada."

Tomas in turned listened to Abi and her story. The fact of knowing what sibling she was going to have next was pretty cool to him. He sniffed as he finished wiping away the tears and shook his head. "No... I don't know where we are. They never let me outside." He smiled a little though, finding something similar. "I'm from Nevada too... Las Vegas. That's where my daddy has his headquarters at anyways. Sometimes we go stay on the ranches, they're way out in the middle of no where." He laughed a little, letting the blankets fall off his shoulders now that he was warmed up. "But I like those places better... They're quiet and you can wander off on your own without worrying too much... Just need to be careful of the rattlesnakes, cougars, and wild mustangs."

Abi was quiet, she had a little bit of a hopeful sound to her voice, "Do you think we're still in Las Vegas?" she sat up a little more and continued, "I'm also from Las Vegas... never left though."

"We could be," Tomas said, scratching his head. "... The day I was kidnapped is a little fuzzy though... They drugged me. I just remember being pulled into a van and they said something about..." He was confused as he tried to gather his thoughts. "Something about I would like to see the ocean... It was weird." He shook his head, looking back at Abi. "I don't remember much... And they keep their thoughts muddled when they're around us."

He smiled when Abi mentioned she was from Las Vegas too. "Hey, as soon as we get out of here and all that, you should come see one of the ranches. The animals are very nice, and we can go horseback riding in the mountains, camp late at night, go rock hunting... A-anything really." He felt a little embarrass going on about it and laughed it off, but there was a dim light shining in his eyes now as he talked about all the wonderful things he used to do.

Abi listened to what he mentioned about the drugging. That happened to her too, but she was out almost immediately, she didn't have any recollections of conversations. And she wasn't surprised that they would intentionally not talk about it, but there was one thing he mentioned. The ocean. Man she'd have loved to have seen the ocean. She'd already talked to sharks, why not go to the ocean.

Granted, the horseback riding he mentioned later sounded cool too. She chuckled to herself and replied, "Sure. Sounds like a good time." but after a moment she was reminded of the whole stuck-in-a-cell thing and she didn't realize her smile had faded when she thought about it. Without saying it or really thinking it, her thoughts almost screamed, 'Add that to the laundry list of things I'll never get to do due to seclusion...' when she remembered Tomas could probably have heard that thought guilt showed on her face and she just layed down and shut up.

17. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

Tomas heard the thought and his smile faded away as well, but he knew what it was like. "It's okay." He stood up gradually, feeling a little light headed as he wrapped the blankets around himself. He then heard a click of the door and looked over, seeing two black robed figures and then one dressed in white and black. Tomas's eyes widen as he stared at the new different figure, clutching his blanket tightly. 'That's one of the high members,' Tomas sent to Abi. 'He's... Almost like a sub leader to everyone.' A quick thought reading of the other guy and Tomas's eyebrows furrowed slightly. 'He's going to be doing the Talk today...'

"Tomas, the man dressed in the black and white robes called, "come. We have much to discuss today."

Tomas looked back at Abi before letting the blankets fall completely from his form. His hair was still damp from the water boarding and the blood was starting to bleed through the white bandages that were tapped so carefully on his neck. He was dressed in silky dark blue robes now with a white crane imprinted on the back. He walked forward as the two black robed beings unlocked the door and led Tomas out.

The man with an air of authority glanced at Abi, smirking from under his robes. "You will be next, Abi. Tomas will be back to you soon."

As the oak doors opened and the other cell door was locked twice with the new lock and the old lock, Tomas glanced back at his shoulder to Abi, keeping his little light he had left in his eyes. 'I'll be okay,' he sent to her. 'I promise... I'll see you soon.' And then one of the robed figures gently moved him forward, closing the oak door shut and locking it behind them, leaving Abi alone in the silence.

She didn't have the time to ask what the Talk was, and it was probably because she felt this... intimidation from the guy in the white and black. Abi watched as they took Tomas away and after a few moments she got up from the bed. She wasn't sure what to do to entertain herself now that the only person she was talking to was gone. This happened every time Buttercup wasn't with her. It wasn't that she /needed/ to talk to anyone, she just liked the comfort of having someone, something else there.

She looked around the room and passed by the vanity mirror, and just to see if she could piss off anyone else she gave a sarcastic wave to it and continued walking around. She examined a couple of the books and went through a couple more things and frowned and said out loud, "What? No C.D.s? We've got D.V.D.s like crazy in here but not even some older C.D.s?" Abi stretched a bit and felt the twinge of pain from her arms and whispered, "Bad move, bad move." and she massaged her arms as she looked through just in case some were hidden. She then responded as she stood up and walked over towards the board games, "Billy Joel. There's a good musician that's got that feel good swing. Watch me try and start a revolution to Billy Joel... I don't think I could..." she started to list songs in her head before she started humming Uptown Girl in her head.

When she looked through the board games she grinned when she saw one, "Oooh, Operation." she thought about playing it for a moment but told herself 'nah'. She instead grabbed a deck of cards and started shuffling them. She went to the table and began a game of solitaire.

After it seemed like a long time had passed, the oak doors opened and Tomas was escorted through. His head was down and his appearance seemed to be depressed. His mind was dull with strange mumbling that didn’t make sense, but it had a dark tone to them as if it was a prologue to a nightmare.

The two cloaked men unlocked the doors and let Tomas in, who just moved to his bed and laid down, keeping his back towards everyone as rested there.

“Abbi,” the man in black and white robes addressed. “Come with me. We have much to talk about.”

The two hooded figures stayed in the room, one standing by Tomas’s bedside while the other was standing at the cell door entrance, waiting for Abi to come forward.

Abi, needless to say, looked concerned when Tomas had returned. She wanted to ask what was wrong, but the way his thoughts were just confusing made her even more nervous what this Talk was. Abi nervously walked over to the cell door, trying her best not to show her nerves.

The man in the black and white robes smiled almost kindly to Abi. "Follow me," he said and began to walk down the hallway as the two figures dressed in black stayed behind. Two more black figures appeared out of the shadows and followed behind Abi and the man in black and white. From there, she would be led down the hallway, passed the room where her and Tomas endured tortures and then came to a door that was elegant and fine. The man opened the door to reveal an office of sorts with dim lights, the sound of ocean waves playing in the background, and a desk with one comfy chair facing the front while an office chair was placed behind it. There were no pictures on the walls, just plants here and there in the corners that were healthy and strong. "Have a seat," the creepy man said, gesturing to the grand chair facing his desk as he took his spot at the office chair and sat down. "It was said to me that you're sort of the trouble maker. Is this correct?"

Abi took a seat cautiously, but her words were obviously not as cautiously picked out, "Well if you all went through all that trouble to get me, you shouldn't seem so surprised when it turns out I don't like to be locked in a cell."

"Oh my, the rumors are true." The man laced his hands in front of him, his hood covering his eyes and his hair. "Is there anything that not fits your taste in your room? Perhaps we can arrange something for you to keep you more occupied. Something you always have wanted perhaps...?"

"A giraffe." Abi's face was straight and looked dead serious, though she wasn't. She had plenty of practice with her facial expressions throughout the years, then her expression turned more amused, "Oh wait you mean an object that can fit in the cell? How about..." Abi's expression looked serious again, "...my pet dog that your men kicked and could have possibly killed?"

"We apologize for that. I assure you, she will be fine. Accidents happen when we obtain someone like you..." The man kept calm and collective, quietly reading Abi from where he was at. "Tell me, do you ever think through a plan before you go through with it? Have you ever considered the consequences of your actions whether they would hurt anyone or not?"

"Obtain? Is that how you put it to make it sound nice?" Abi asked amused before he had asked the next question about planning, "I have... I do..." she thought for a moment before she continued, "But most of the time plans don't actually go the way you plan it. Why, did I hurt someone other than Toma- oh yeah I did didn't I? How is muscle man, has the pain died down between the knees?"

"Ha, yes, you are a firecracker... If not contained properly though, you might burn others you do not want to burn... Tomas, you dog, your parents, your little brother on the way..." The leaned back in his chair, waving his hand in the air. "The list can become endless, my dear..."

Abi narrowed her eyes at him and questioned, "What are you talking about?"

"With you in our custody, we can find out more about you than you want us to realize... We know for a fact that you have powers... But what ticks you off? What inspires you to keep living... breathing... fighting. We will find out one question at a time... For example, did you know that Tomas was kicked out of his private school as a child because he kept revealing his friend's secrets? The poor boy only thought they were speaking out loud about it, but then found out it was really their minds he was hearing and not their actual voices... He was diagnosed as a compulsive liar, and he was bullied severely because of that. Simply because he said their thoughts out loud as a little six year old boy..." The man's smile faded away from his face as he spoke, getting a darker tone that conflicted with the nurturing tone of a concerned parent. "He did not say these things out loud, Abi Barry... We found out for ourselves this information... It's right at our fingertips... Even if you do not say a word. It reflects in your actions, it reflects in your deeds, it reflects through your body language and how you carry yourself everyday..."

Abi did not feel comfortable with knowing information about Tomas without Tomas having said it to her himself, and that much may have been evident on her face. She looked the man directly in the eyes and said, "Then by all means, try to pull information out of my head that I have never said out loud. I'm not /that/ much of an open book."

"Over time we will... Let's get to the matter that's really at hand. Any more outbursts from you, any resistance or signs of rebellion you will not only suffer for the consequences of your actions, but Tomas will as well. He may not be able to get many freebie passes for you like he did today in the future. I would be careful if I were you. All your possession you had on you have been burned. Anything that would lead your loved ones to you has been disposed of. You are lost to them. In fact, you probably didn't belong with them, did you? Constantly running away from them... You couldn't even go to school because of your beautiful, wonderful curse that has been so blessedly been placed on your head."

He managed to word it in the one way that hurt, and she hadn't expected it, and whatever tough appearance she had been managing to hold at the time had all but vanished. It made her start asking questions she hadn't considered. What if her dad didn't care that she was gone. Maybe he thought this was the one time when she disappeared that he would just let her be. She hadn't exactly felt love from the man, maybe he thought it was a blessing. The man hadn't even mentioned those insecurities but the running away... how did he do that?

Abi tried to think of her mother as she tried to reply with as much confidence as she could, "They kept me from school to protect me, because they loved me. Even if I kept running away from them, they were always happy to see me at the end of the day... so who's to say I /didn't/ belong with them?"

"Who's to say indeed... Only you might know." The men rested on hand on his cheek as if he was still completely relaxed by the response. "You must keep your rebellion at bay though, or other's will pay as much as you will... We really don't want to hurt you unless we have to. You and Tomas are precious to us after all. You will always have a home here with us. Over time you will see that." The man then criss-crossed his hands once more in front of him, smiling at Abi. "That will be all for now. Hopefully I will see you again in more pleasant circumstances. You will be escorted back to your room. You are to do as your told, no questions asked. You belong to us now... Remember that. Unlike the world, we treasure what you are. Now go, enjoy the rest of your time until it is lights out for bedtime..."

One of the men turned to open the door while the other stood by Abi, waiting for her to stand up and follow them out.

If there was an ending that could have made Abi feel more pissed off, it was that. Do as you're told, no questions asked? You belong to us? Especially that last part. If Abi's arms weren't still healing she definitely wouldn't feel bad if she punched this jerk in the face. But she wasn't a complete fool.

Abi stood up and almost walked out of the room without saying anything, but changed her mind at last minute and turned around towards the man, "I don't belong to you. I will never belong to you. And I will never admit I belong to you." she then turned away as she mumbled to herself, "I won't."

The man did nothing to respond as the door was shut quietly behind him by the second guard. The two men walked Abi back down the obsidian hallway and back to the oak door, opening it and letting Abi walk in. The other guards that were there earlier were gone, and a lump was hidden under the blankets on Tomas's bed. The locks were opened, and then shut again as Abi stepped in. If one looked in the bathroom, they would notice that the Q-tips were missing now and the lights were dim to give the room an eerie feeling.

18. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    As the alarm went off, Lucas' eyes widened. An escape? Now? Damnit, was this why Shane had attacked him like that? They'd been planning something. "Colton you son of a *****" Lucas said quietly as he looked at one of the nearby screens that told him the source of the alarm. He turned to look at Isabella. "You know, given your high IQ, you sure have a habit of letting your subject get out of control" the investigator said bitterly. He then took off, running down the hall towards Colton's cell.

He arrived there quickly, and wasn't surprised to see Colton out of his cell. "Colton, I might be missing the use of my arm, and I might not have a gun, but I still have a dagger and you're still sick and unhealthy. Not to mention the robots that are against you, too. You've got two minutes to get back into your cell before I force you back into there by whatever means necessary" Lucas threatened, before glancing at his watch and keeping an eye on the time.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As the alarm went off Isabella made a sour face. "Well this is annoying." She said as she adjusted her glasses. "Now Colton, why must you be like that, it isn't nice." She spoke to him telepathically. She then turned to Lukey. "Lukey you should know that right now he is under Lyles care not mine. Blame him. I am plenty smart just focusing on other studies, don't be so sour now." She said before following him towards where Colton was, a small smile on her face watching the boy suffer. "Tsk tsk, someone is being naughty." Isabella said letting the robots and Lukey deal with the situation.

[​IMG]
    "GAHHHH!" Colton yelled out as he was electrocuted but refused to let go. Instead of letting go from the electric shock, he held on tighter. Colton gritted his teeth trying to find the strength to hold on and keep fighting but he started to cough a lot, into the the shoulder. Colton looked up from that to see robots surrounding him. As he looked up he didn't see, nor he could stop the robot from pricking him in the side. Colton couldn't stop his arms from falling weak and him letting go. Colton fell to the ground and rolled slightly. He groaned as he fell and rolled on his broken arm.

Colton looked up from where he was on the ground and saw Lucas looking pissed. He tried to yell at him to get back in his cell. "F*ck off." Colton said as he rolled over and began to cough a lot once again. He couldn't go back to his cell if he wanted to, not with the amount of energy. He looked up at the robot and then to Lucas, wondering what they were going to do with him now. He took one last ditch effort of rebellion when he pulled the table from the door and threw it at the robot to try to move it away before crawling away from the scene the best he could, needless to say it wasn't going well.

[​IMG]
    "Good luck everyone." Brendan said as they left and he turned to the computer beginning to get his preparations going. He had communications up and a few things going but he couldn't do too much until Jean shut down the computers. Up until then he would just use the camera's to watch the groups. He was not really ready but be didn't have time to doubt. Brendan to a swig of coffee. "They are all coming out of their alive. We are bringing all of them home. "Brendan spoke out loud trying to express his thoughts but to no one in particular. He just wanted to know that it would be true. He wanted that assurance. He knew he couldn't have it but part of him hoped the more that he thought about it, the more he said it, the more true.

[​IMG]
    "He locked me up because I deserved to be locked up." Cynthia said believing her own monstrosity. She had to admit while sitting in the back of her cage she considered taking her own life. She still considered it from time to time as she was talking with Tobias. However not yet. She had to try to stay around, she couldn't give up yet. "I heard daddy and Benjamin talking and they think we need to set up, or I need to set up my own mercenary type business allied with Raven Sun still. We can fight and do whatever the hell we want and they may give us jobs. I don't know about you but I have nothing else to go off of so I am going to do it." Cynthia informed Tobias. She would eventually call her father for some help setting everything up, but for now she had no desire to talk to her father. She didn't want to flip and accidentally use her powers once again.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  20. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Well if they take away the earpiece there is always Uncle Errol. He's pretty powerful, and I can't imagine he would let us go in unprotected. Just trust him and we'll be fine, he won't let us down" the girl responded, remaining quiet the rest of the trip until they arrived. Once they got to the carpark, she punched herself remarkably hard in the face so as to leave a mark to help the act, and then she climbed out of the car and walked over to the doors, making sure to keep a look of annoyance on her face and allowing Jean to push her along like he probably would a prisoner just so she could practice. When Christie got to the doors, she shot a glance towards Jean, waiting for him to knock and get a move on with the operation.

[​IMG]
    Lucas was shocked at the fact that Colton hadn't thrown the table at him. He had no doubt Colton hated him, and while yes he was injured already he was capable of actual thought and had the ability to adapt to the situation, whereas the robot's intelligence extended only as far as its programming. Nonetheless, he sighed as he walked over and simply put a foot on Colton's back to pin him down and show him how powerless he was.

"Colton, if you try this again, you won't survive it. Stay in the cell and you live, get out of the cell and you die, okay? You've had a lot of chances already. You fought back when we initially took you, but that was manageable and to be expected. Then you trashed India's lab, just a small annoyance so that was fine. Then you messed with the machines, and though it really messed with things your determination was admirable. Finally, you blew my damn hand off, and the only reason I didn't kill you there and then was because Lyle needed your results for the fight against the robots. Now though, you're just like any other subject. Try this again, and we will terminate you. We can and will find someone else to take your place in your absence" Lucas said, no longer sounding calm but rather pissed off. Turning to look at Isabella, he shot a glare at her. "We can and will find someone else to take his place" the investigator demanded as if to enforce his point, before getting off Colton's back, picking him up with his good hand, and simply shoving him back into his cell.

[​IMG]
    As Shane's plan was working, he maintained his calm look when the guards began beating each other up. However, they soon stopped and left the cell, leaving Shane's plans ruined. To top that off, alarms began going off and metal walls slammed shut, placing Shane in complete darkness with no possible way to escape. Either Lyle and the others had caught onto their plan early, or Colton had seriously screwed up. Given the circumstances, Shane was going to go with the latter. Only one thought was going through Shane's head, one thought that was repeating over and over again. Damnit Colton, you had one job.

[​IMG]
    "No, he locked you up because he was afraid of you. That doesn't mean you deserve it. He should've helped you with it, not locked you away. What kind of person locks away their own daughter? That's just ridiculous" Tobias said, figuring that was the right thing to say. To an extent he believed it, but enough to say so? Not quite. "Eh, I mean I guess setting up something would be best. I never was much of a team player anyway, but I'm sure I can manage working with you. By the way, you might want this. It served its purpose pretty well" the boy said with a chuckle, grabbing the bra out of his pocket that Jason had somehow missed and handing it back to Cynthia, before realizing what her reaction would probably be, so he made sure to take a couple of steps away from her while her mind processed what was happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.