☼ รץภςє๔ ☾

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Isabella was on her way to pick up Shane for her experiment, when she heard a comotion. Soon after she could hear sobs coming from the cell that Lucas was using to sleep in. Her experiments could wait, she had to see if Lukey was alright. "Lukey! What is wrong?" She asked as she approached the door. "Why are you crying? Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked before coming to a sudden realization. She wasn't really trying to but she could hear Lucas' thoughts. "What happened to that chip of yours. Nope this is no good. We can't have you vulnerable while working with telepaths and telekinetics. Come with me. I have plenty of things that can help. You just tell me what you want it to do and look like and I will fix your right up today. No more tears now." Isabella said as she opened the door for Lukey to follow her.

[​IMG]
    "We move today. Lyle gave us the day off, a treat I feel like we won't get again until we are dead.We need to take advantage of that. The four of us, we are going home today." Colton thought back in a harsh tone. He was not willing to wait not when there was so much pain. He looked over to Mai who was talking to him, obviously distressed. He wanted to walk over and wipe tears from her eyes and comfort him but he had no strength to get out of bed. That being said he didn't know how he planned to go about his escape today with so little energy, but he would. He had to.

"We fought Mai... I just don't know how much more we can take..." He admitted as he turned his face into a pillow to let out a coughing fir that brought tears to his eyes. When it was over he groaned and brought his face out of the pillow to talk again. "We will escape before we let them kill us. I promise. They won't beat us." His voice was weak and not at all convincing as he said that, but he was convinced in his mind. Colton then slowly put the mask over his face, one last cough wheezed out before it started to take effect. He felt so hopeless sitting in bed like that. He flipped on the machine and stared at the ceiling. With the mask on there wasn't much room for talking, so he didn't, he just let the silence bring on fear and worry to swallow him. However despite what was in his mind he didn't show it on his face. He didn't want to worry Mai.

[​IMG]
    Brendan got up and grabbed a cup of coffee before he took a seat again looking at the people around him. He wasn't very happy with the thoughts that he was hearing from Jean, he couldn't expect this to be a simple small operation, however he wasn't about to say anything. He looked at Errol as he spoke to him. "Yes sir, it is done, got it right here." He said holding up a small USB stick. "Anything else that you need me to do before we go?" He asked as he sat back in his chair closing his eyes and letting the scene of Colton and Carter play in the back of his mind again. It was his motive to keep up what he was doing, volunteer for whatever he could, just to get them out.

Brendan turned to the door to see who else would come. Alex turned up, that was something sort of unexpected. From what Brendan could tell he really didn't care much for this operation, for the well being of Colton, which in some senses was fair. Colton had just been a trouble maker while there but he also had many problems of his own, probably why Errol had offered him so much grace. Either way help was help, he wasn't going to judge anyone who came to offer a hand.

[​IMG]
    Jason took a deep breath as he turned away from Cynthia's cell to Benjamin. "Ready as I will ever be." He told the man glancing back at Cynthia's cell. "She seems scared of herself." Jason pointed out before looking back at Benjamin. "So what is the verdict with the two of them?" He asked as he rubbed his hands over his face trying to wipe the sleep away and wake himself up a bit, as well as prepare his mind for the answer. He knew whatever it was Cynthia couldn't stay in his care. The girl would no longer be his daughter, which to be fair she never was truly his daughter, but he had treated her like his own. This was a hard time but he knew he could manage, life at Raven Sun had its ups and downs at times. He had seen plenty of people come and go for various reasons. Soon enough Cynthia would just blend into that crowd.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Joshua was dead tired and his eye was hurting like hell. He wasn't sure if it was the lack of sleep or the wearing off of the pain medication.

He had arrived in Pebble Beach, California almost an hour before after spending an all night drive following Abi's chip locator, which he had installed in a bracelet he gave to her in case she ran off. However, once it got to Pebble Beach, it stopped working correctly. He wasn't sure why it was like this, it certainly couldn't have been a signal issue.

Joshua was parked and trying his best to locate the last spot with a paper map, but after a bit of time he found his eyes shutting, and he fell asleep sitting up in the parked car he resided.

[​IMG]

Abi awoke groggily and she sat up only to realize she wasn't in a place she recognized. She sat up quickly and her first reaction was to call for Buttercup, but she couldn't get a response. Abi looked around and realized she was in a pretty nice bed, and got herself up and started looking around.

The room was clearly a cell, and it was dimly lit. But it was pretty well furnished. In the room there were books, old VHS tapes, card games, board games, and DVDs. She almost immediately noticed the lack of a clock and calendar, which made her realize these people were intentionally keeping the date and time from her.

She looked around a little more, and noticed another bed in the room, where someone else was sleeping. She had no idea who they were or if they were working with these kidnappers, so she grabbed herself a book from one of the shelves (for potential self defense) and she approached the sleeping figure. She poked at them and whispered,
    "Um... hello? Who are you?"

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Even if Leif hadn't gotten the message sent to his head by Errol, he would've gone to his office for an entirely different reason. He didn't know much about Carter other than what was posted on the mission board and even them he didn't pay it much attention, while Colton, he wasn't a top concern of his and probably never would be. Barely interacting with someone like that will do that to ya.

He had arrived at Errol's office and noted all of the people that were already there. He didn't know how far into the meeting they were, but what he did too was to silently take a seat and wait. He would much rather prefer to get his business out of the way. Unfortunately that wouldn't happen, leaving him with no choice but to wait til this was all over before he could ask what he wanted to.

Ken, unlike Leif, didn't have anything planned to do nor did he know what to do. What he did know was that if not for Errol's telepathic message, he probably wouldn't have even considered going to his office. I got nothing better to do today. So with a shrug, he ventured off towards Errol's office. Along the way he thought about just what he knew about the two people that they were going to be rescuing. First there was Carter. The first thing that came to mind was his younger sister that he talked to. She was clearly concerned and rightly so.

Then there's Colton. Ken could practically hear the cricket chirps in his head as he tried to figure out if there was anything that he knew about him. After trying for about 15 seconds, it became pretty clear that he knew jackshit about him. Not that it was so much of a problem for the time being. If he even actually decided to speak with him after the hopeful success of the operation, then the opportunity would be there.

He'd finally step foot in the office and the first thing that he did was to make himself a cup of hot chocolate being taking a seat. The refreshments were clearly there for anyone who wanted them to get and so he got one. Ken took a quick sip of it before waiting for, uh, more things to be discussed.

4. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    As Kye entered the area, Shane became aware of a dull frequency. As it began intensifying, his face became the picture of concentration, his mind attempting to block it out. He succeeded for a moment, the sound being more of an annoyance than anything, but eventually it broke through and he found himself writhing in pain just as much as Carter was. Kye left them with a threat and a tip of the hat, and the sound gradually quietened. His breathing heavy and quick due to the pain he had just experienced, he had to concentrate for a moment to even use his telepathic communication with Colton.

Today can't work. Lucas is too unstable, he's too... Shane sent, before pausing as he tried to think of the word. Estranged? Messed up? He looked to Carter, as if the boy could give him the answer, and immediately regretted it. The poor kid had suffered so much, it was a miracle he was still alive. Logic dictated they wait for a few days, but would Carter be able to hold up? I'll find a way to make it work. I still think it would be better to wait for a few days, but Isabella made a breakthrough from the sounds of things with her studies. Not only that, but they're putting you through arenas now, so I can only imagine it gets worse from here. You won't be fit to help in a few days, Carter might be even worse than that. Tell Mai I'm sorry, not that it will change anything, but she needs to learn to master those abilities she unconvered quickly. We're going to need them. The moment you get your chance, I need you to unlock that door and get yourself and Mai out, then me and Carter out from here. Be careful, Colton, these people are no ordinary scientists, they won't be caught off guard by our abilities.

Shane put a hand on Carter's shoulder as though he were attempting to calm the child, which he supposed he was. "Not sure if you can hear me or not, the ringing might still be affecting you and I can't tell if it is without reading your mind, but you don't need to worry anymore, Carter. One way or another, we're getting you out now. You won't have to suffer any more. Nobody will have to suffer any more" Shane said reassuringly.

[​IMG]
    Lucas stopped the mass sobbing the moment Kye came back. He couldn't stop it completely, but he reduced it to the point that it was merely sniffling. It probably wasn't hard to see that he had been crying hysterically though. He took the donut and coffee, saying a very quiet "Thank you" as he did so, and began consuming them. He'd barely started before Isabella arrived. He simply watched her for a moment, listening as she realized what was wrong. Not surprisingly, she figured it out quickly. However, she hadn't figured out the crucial part, or if she had she hadn't mentioned it. Did she know Lucas had powers? Despite Isabella trying to help him, Lucas wasn't entirely sure he wanted her to know. If she did know, he'd become one of her experiments, course she could always read his mind to find out. Kye he trusted, but even then he was hesitant to let her know.

He stood up now. "What happened is your subject is more powerful than either of us realized. I'm not sure how he did it, but Shane overpowered the small chip. Speaking of which, I don't care what it looks like, just so long as its small and concealable, and I would like it to block as many forms of telepathy as you can manage" Lucas explained, following Isabella through and gesturing for Kye to follow. Even now, Lucas' focus was impressive. Despite his emotional state, his mind was still analysing the situation. Why had he done it? Had he done it out of spite? Out of vengeance? To protect Carter? Or was there more to it than that?

[​IMG]
    Christie's heart skipped a beat as she heard the announcement that they were going to rescue Colton and Carter. This was the day she'd been practicing for, the day she had hoped would come quickly. Butterflies in her stomach, she began feeling a little sick. Now that the day had arrived, nerves were messing her up horribly. If she failed this time, she wouldn't get another chance. If they failed, Colton and Carter would be lost to them. There was no other option, she wasn't going to let them fail. "Tell me what to do, and I'll make sure it gets done" was all she said. Without knowing the plan, she couldn't really comment on much else.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  5. Maka Albarn It's called love

• [​IMG]
      "Interesting," Kassandra mused, impressed with the workings of this young inventor. Her father was a tinker himself when he actually had the time to focus on those things, but she figured that Walter would already know that. "It's almost like Kytheria's top hat or my father's hearing aids, although anyone can hear the hertz coming off of those things..." She observed the box in Walter's hand,tempted to touch it and have a deeper look at it, but resisted the urge. This was his invention, not hers to toy with or figure out how they worked exactly. "A defense that's silent, except only to those with psychic abilities." Her lips curved a bit upward. Her father did pick good members after all. When she heard about Walter working on a prisoner, the small rare smile faded and was replaced with her usual serious countenance. "Rose Ryer... High school student, age sixteen... I've seen her file and some footage of interrogations. She holds up as well as undercover operatives, and she's just a kid." Kassandra looked to her bandages, letting her thoughts wander for a while. "Tell me, in your opinion, do you think the world would be better off if psychics were allowed to walk in broad daylight? As normal citizens of the human race?"

• [​IMG]
      "I don't... I feel like... It didn't... But it did..." Mai was very confused and at a loss with herself. At the beginning she was prepared to die for Colton, but after yesterday, she wasn't quite sure anymore what she thought. "We'll get through this," Mai said softly, clutching her chest as her eyes finally fluttered open. "We've made it this far..." She turned to look at Colton only to see a breathing mask on him. That's right, he had to get a breathing treatment. "How are you feeling...?" she asked softly, sniffing as she wiped away the tears. That question sounded stupid now she thought about it. "You can... talk to me through here if you can't talk," she said quietly, pointing to her head. He looked pretty terrible, but she needed to hear his point of view. She wasn't over what Shane did to her, but she tucked it in the back of her head for now. It had to be done for her survival in this horrible place.

[​IMG]

Kye stood up silently, following after Lukey as she listened to the two of them talk. She was getting pretty fed up with this place and the people they had in it, but she had to stick around to make sure her partner was safe and the scientists weren't doing anything too stupid.

[​IMG]
      Carter was shaking, still recovering from the shock of the strange noise that had pierced his ears so violently. He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder and quickly turned his head, only to see Shane hovering over him. He could see his lips moving and hear his voice somewhat, but it was still a little fuzzy. The boy watched him silently, his hearing finally coming back to him. Shane looked like he really wanted to help him out... Why was everyone so willing to do that? He didn't get it. He never met them before, and the others before didn't offer to get him out. Carter sat up in his bed, nodding his head before he looked down at the floor, clutching his hands tightly. He just hoped no one else would get in trouble because of him.

Deep within Lyle's lab, one of the fighting robots were on the fritz. Even though it was charging and gradually being put back together after it's inwards got screwy by Colton's doing and fired everywhere but at its target, it was twitching, spouting out different robotic commands and languages. It's computer mind felt like it was malfunctioning... Suddenly the robot's eyes had began to glow red. It stepped off the charging pad and began to walk on its on, moving through the hallways of the facility easily.

Soon it reached Carter and Shane's cell, stopping short as it's optics examined the scene before it, trying to be silent as possible. Then it raised it's robotic arm, it transferring into a pistol of some sort.

BAM!

A shot was fired and Carter's eyes suddenly gone wide. The front of his shirt began to seep with red fluid, looking like a flower blooming on a spring morning. The boy was hit, the robot marked its target the way it was supposed to be programmed. As the boy fell back on his bed in total shock, the robot stood there before it began to twitch, then turn around and began to make its way back to where it came from.

The light was going out in Carter's eyes as he laid there, gasping for air and growing pale by the second. Blood was pooling under his body, soaking the bed sheets rapidly. The pain was unbearable, worse than the shock collars or the experiments he was put through and even worse then the pain his father had put him through. He thought of his mother as he was beginning to feel cold, wishing that he could hug her one last time... Molly as well... Maybe,,, Maybe his granddad would be waiting for him on the other side... or grandma... someone he knew...

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Nicole was about to open her mouth to say something when Errol cleared his throat and took a stand.

"Thank you for coming everyone." Errol nodded his head to Christine and Brendan to acknowledge what they had said and let the others mull in. "As you know, one of our own was kidnapped about three weeks ago right in front of us. I have called you here because..."

He suddenly trailed off when Danni appeared at the door, being the last student to show up. She panted as she leaned against the door, looking worse for the wear, but not hurt. Errol stood a little straighter, questions buzzing in the man's mind as he watched his niece. Danni pushed off the door frame and walked passed everyone to Errol's desk, looking at him with a serious expression. "Jex is fine," she said quietly. "So is Ryan. The other girl... She... Someone..."

Errol read her mind and eyes widened in shock, then softened in grief as if the world he held on his shoulders suddenly became heavier. There was a quick, private and silent exchange between the two, Danni shaking her head at some point. Errol then nodded his head and sighed out heavily, knowing it was another issues to address, but at a later time. Danni took that as her cue and bowed her head in respect before moving farther back. She spotted someone familiar and her eyes smiled as she made her way to her buddy Jean. "Hey," she said quietly, standing on the other side of him. "Been a while," she muttered.

"As I was saying, I called you hear because we have found the location of where Colton's being held and we need your help." Errol then stepped over to a projector and a blank white board, which suddenly flashed and showed a picture of a lab facility. "In short, this is the Ariel Lab Institute. There are three scientists; one studies robotics, one is a telepathist and seems to be studying her own kind, and two others that are studying our kind, but one of them is currently not there for now... As far as we know, they've been abducting our kind for quite some time. (The slide show kept going, showing pictures of Carter, Colton, Mai, Shane, and the scientists within the facility) Carter Justice is one of those among the kidnapped along with Colton, a girl named Mai Kendrick, and a Shane Ware. Carter Justice and Mai Kendrick are on our Missing Person's Board. Shane is the most recent new arrival though, as of yesterday. The Ariel Labs have been operating for about twenty years, and the subjects have a survival rate of 80% over those years, most of them under the age of 20." Errol paused for a moment, turning to the group before him. "This is a dangerous mission, and I will not lie to you... I can't guarantee we will all make it back in one piece or at all... Those who are standing here before me, do you still want to go through with this?"

Danni and Nicole did not budge from their spot.

[​IMG]

As soon as Danni left, the nurse looked over Jex and his vitals, not bothering to ask Ryan much about what happened or the extent of Jex's condition. She was skilled, one who put information together rather quickly. Amongst her scurrying about to writing Jex's file and checking his wounds, she offered Ryan a light breakfast of fruit, milk, and a bagel. He seemed rather shaken, but the nurse would get to him later.

As soon as Jex was finished, the nursed sighed out in relief and then turned to Ryan. "
      I'm sorry dear, I was trying to make sure things were in order. You seem to be on the low side..." The nurse sat down on a stool close to Ryan, watching him from under her glasses as she folded her hands in her lap. "Anything I can do for you?"

• [​IMG]

The sleeping form was a young boy, who seemed to be no older than fourteen years. He groaned as he was poked, rolling over in bed. "Huh?" He gasped as he suddenly became more alert, realizing that someone new was staring at him. "What?" The boy was obviously confused, sitting up in his bed as he rubbed his eyes, staring at Abi. "Who am I? Who are you? I've... never seen you before. Are you... a new member or something?"

6. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

By the time Ryan finished eating breakfast, the boy was shaking and felt cold. What he had witnessed back in the hospital really shook him. He was trying to keep himself calm for Jex. If Jex woke up and saw or heard him in that state, he would be worried about him. He placed his head back on Jex's shoulder once more, holding his arm close to him.
    "I'm sorry dear, I was trying to make sure things were in order. You seem to be on the low side..."
    Ryan sat up and faced the nurse, still holding Jex's hand. He was the only person in this new life that he could rely on. If he died back in the hospital, he wouldn't know what to do. He felt weak being so reliant on Jex, but he had no one else in this dangerous life.
    The nurse sat down on a stool next to him.
    "Anything I can do for you?"
    The room was just like the hospital. White everywhere. White walls, floors, and clocks. The only thing that had color were the flowers on Jex's bedside table, and the purple chairs the nurse and Ryan were sitting on. Ryan looked down at the plain tiled ground, feeling weak by crying and showing his OCD traits in such a hysterical manner. His face felt tired from and hot from the crying.
    "You can't help me. A friend was killed right in front of me. I-" he sobbed, having trouble talking. "I just feel so scared, and Jex- he almost died - and..."
    His voice trailed off. He wanted to stop talking. He didn't want to relive what happened.

Alex found it difficult to listen to Errol. Ryan's thoughts were overwhelming.
    "Poor kid," he spoke quietly. "I don't know how much longer Ryan can last. He's unstable and unable to handle what's happened to him" he whispered into Danni's ear with concern. "I can't hear Errol because he's so troubled."
    Alex was barely able to hear Errol when he mentioned it was a mission in which people may not come back from.
    "I'm in. If we face an enemy in combat, I am your man," he said.

7. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Walter had finished his explanation and the response he received was quite pleasant. He honestly had hoped his explanation wouldn’t bore the woman too much and for her to find his contraption interesting was something he really enjoyed hearing. He wasn’t one for praise as he tended to not truly care much as these inventions were mostly for his own leisure, but it was different that Kassandra said it. He did take quite a fancy to the woman after all.

He listened to her compare his invention to the other tools of Benjamin, but the man honestly was a bit surprised to see the sudden smile upon her face. He immediately cursed himself that the change of topic caused her to lose that smile upon her face and let out a sigh, but what she spoke about was interesting. Lowering his eyes, he smiled a calm smile, different from the cheerful ones he had before.

“In this time, it’s impossible”
    Walter said letting out a small chuckle before continuing his words. “They are human as well, they think and feel like anybody else, but there is a difference between us and them and that difference is clear as day…their powers” Walter said closing his eyes with a smirk. “It is because of these powers that these psychics may see and experience the world in a different way, a way that normal people cannot possibly see or even comprehend. A mind reader will see nothing but lies in others words and contradict their true feelings, a telepath may feel as though their powers are a natural thing and struggle to hide their own way of life, or simply a lack of control is an issue. Normal people cannot comprehend such things; they cannot accept change so easily as well. Their concepts of living, things that are considered impossible, becoming possible…the mind cannot accept such a change that destroys their belief of the reality of things.” Walter said closing his eyes

“And so the common folk will try to erase what they consider a contradiction in their life, an impossibility that should not exist, and in turn the preyed psychics will counter to retain their life that they were born with” Walter said chuckling once more. “Of course this definitely does not apply to everybody as some can accept such a change…a prime example being our dear Rose who is being held in the cells. Psychics are a danger, but that’s merely because a minority has to screw it up for the majority. Though in time it may be possible, currently the common world is not compatible with the psychics roaming around yet. It is not a concern for the safety of the common folk, but for the psychics instead…” Walter said.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Brendan watched as Danni came in and the expressions on hers and Errols face as they had a silent exchange of words. Brendan waited until after they were done, until after Errol finished talking before addressing Danni with more than the smile and nod he gave her when she walked in. "Hey Danni, is everything alright? Did something happen? You aren't hurt are you?" He sent her telepathically. Brendan then turned his attention back to the situation at hand, pulling up blueprints of his own on his laptop that he had with him. He might have excelled in tech but that didn't mean he wasn't willing to go into the field for something as important as this. Brendan glanced around to see if anyone was going to leave because of the danger behind the mission, it didn't seem like anyone was going to leave, that was good, they needed as many people as they could get. The mission might get bloody but he was going to get Colton and Carter and all of them out no matter what.

[​IMG]
    Colton didn't look over at Mai as she continued to talk to him. His eyes were fixed to the roof as he forced himself to stay awake despite being exhausted. Now in his tired mind he was trying to hold two conversations, not wanting to bother talking through the mask he was wearing. "I probably feel worse than I look." Colton admitted, showing the reason he had said that he might not be able to fight anymore. But he had fight this one last day. Just once more he would fight. If it didn't work then he would make them regret bringing him here, be a nightmare and bate them into granting him a quicker death.

Next Coltons attention was turned to Shane who at first tried to say they had to wait, but soon changed his mind. He also said something about apologizing to Mai. Colton was not quite sure what happened with the two of them the day before but sent the message along anyways. The next thing he needed to do was unlock the doors and get them out. The only issue was that Lyle knew his manipulation trick, he knew that Lyle would have a way of stopping it, good thing it wasn't the only trick he had up his sleeve though. "Alright on it. Don't have to warn me about them, trust me I have been here a lot longer than you. I know they know about us, but I also know Isabella's weakness, how to get past her defenses and there is a lot they don't know about me yet. We will make this work." Through his voice in his mind Colton sounded a lot more strong, awake and confident than he actually was. He didn't know how we was going to get out of bed to do this and if he tried to run, chances were with his illness he wouldn't get too far. But he still had to get them all out of here so he would find a way.

"I will fight for one more day..." He sent to Mai.

[​IMG]
    "Oh I knew how dangerous he was. I tested that out yesterday with Mai. Poor girl. Oh well. She can handle it I think. If she can't well I guess we will just have to get a new subject for Lyle, or let him continue playing with Colton while I work with Shane. Don't worry Lukey soon your problems will be gone, I am going to get rid of Shane's powers completely, and give them to Colton. Won't that be fun?" Isabella began to ramble as she happily skipped down the hall towards her lab.

She soon reached a small room right before he lab and poured herself a cup of coffee. "Help yourself if you want to. That includes you miss too serious and creepy partner of Lukey." Isabella said as she ran off to a drawer full of inventions. She soon brought out a small vile of ink. "Ah perfect!" She called out. "This ink contains microchips so small that you can't see them without a microscope. Each one is programmed to help repel different types of psychic attacks. They are good for my abilities plus a couple others but I haven't had enough people to study to find a way to cancel out all abilities. But some is better than none right?"

Running around her lab Isabella began to gather the stuff she would need in order to tattoo someone. "So what do you want your tattoo to be of, and where to do want it to be?" She asked as she held up the needle needed for tattooing. "Do you want a butterfly on your butt? Or how about a gun on your gut? Oh or a toque on your tongue?" Isabella asked as she turned into each object as she said them. "I can give you one too if you want." Isabella shouted out to Kye. "Perhaps a happy face to counter the scowl you always wear." She suggested.

9. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Shane visibly raised an eyebrow at Colton's response. Her weaknesses? I'd love to hear about those someda- his thoughts were cut off as a robot entered the scene. With the amount of them roaming around, this was nothing new. What was it doing, and why were its eyes red? He got his answer shortly as the robot raised a robotic arm. That was odd. Shane's eyes went wide as the arm went into the robot and emerged as a pistol. "Carter, get down!" he yelled, but his cellmate didn't react fast enough. As Carter was shot, Shane raced over and caught his body as he fell. The assassinbot turned and went back the direction it had come from, its job done, as Shane started shouting at Carter.

"Carter! Carter! Get up!" he shouted, but Carter wasn't getting up. "We're going to get you home, okay? You'll be fine, you'll see" but he wasn't going to be fine. "You'll live through this, you're a fighter, you can't die now" he pleaded, but Carter was most certainly going to die. In fact, as Shane spoke the last words, he felt Carter's body go cold and completely limp OVER THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES THANK YOU GABI, and the life vanished from him. Defeated, Shane let the body hit the floor with a quiet thump. For the first time since he had arrived, Shane truly didn't care whether he had his powers or not. They wouldn't have helped in this situation. However, had someone been around, he may have been able to do something, to either help Carter or stop the robot. He'd had the opportunity, too. Lucas had been here, he would've been here to stop the robot, but Shane had broken him. If he hadn't done it though, they wouldn't have much of a chance of escaping.

He sat there in silence, simply staring at Carter's lifeless body for a few minutes. Colton, we have a problem. One of the robots seems to have gone against its programming. Its eyes were red and it was twitching uncontrollably, and it shot Carter. He...I couldn't do anything. I'm sorry, Shane sent to Colton. He gave it a moment to sink in, to allow his ally to recognise the truth, and then he reached out to both Colton and Mai simultaneously. I'm speaking to the both of you at the same time. Mai, once again I am sorry, though nothing I ever do will ever wash away the guilt I have. It's going to take all three of us to get out of here, so we need to trust one another and rely on one another if this is to work. Get that door open as soon as you can, and get me out, then I'll take care of the rest.

And if we get the chance, I want to put a bullet through Lyle Strain's skull.

[​IMG]
    "Give Colton more powers? He's dangerous enough as is. He already tampered with my gun and nearly blew my arm clean off, and now you want to give him the power to mess with my head? Research or not, I can't agree to that" Lucas stated, telling Isabella and Kye what the cause of the gun backfiring was. However, he did follow Isabella to the lab and took a seat. As she brought the ink over, his curiousity was peaked. What was that for? She explained it quickly and got straight to the point. "The other one could stop people from reading my thoughts, as well as preventing people from manipulating my actions. So long as this tattoo can stop those, I don't care what else it prevents" he responded simply. "As for the design.." he said, voice trailing off as he grabbed a notepad and a pen from his jacket.

Lucas got to work drawing a quick, simple design. He didn't care too much what it looked like, but he certainly did not want a butterfly on his butt. Once he'd finished, he passed the piece of paper with the design on it over to Isabella. "That should be simple enough. Once the tattoo is applied, how long will it take to begin to take effect, and what are its limitations? I need to know as much about it as possible" he said, before holding out his arm for Isabella to begin tattooing on. "On an unrelated topic, how are things with Raven Sun, Kye? I can't imagine you're able to simply vanish for a few days from there without somebody beginning to ask questions" the detective asked, initiating conversation to pass the time.

[​IMG]
    Christie nodded in response to Errol. There was no way she was going to sit this out. She wouldn't sit out things normally, always eager to go on missions, but this was far more important to her than any other mission she could remember being on. "I've been training three weeks for this day. They've been stuck in that hellhole too long, I'm going to get them out" the girl said, fiery determination in her voice as she spoke.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  10. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Jean\'s Banner.png
    Jean was stuffing his mouth full of carbs, drinking all that he could; again still being mindful of anyone else. Nicole became a small priority as a lot of faces came walking through the doors, and he recognized a few of them; but he didn't know much about them. Alex, Ken, Lief, he knew their faces, but he never had the time to speak with them in person; mostly because Jean was always up in his lab or room doing something; being somewhat antisocial. just as that was happening Errol commenced the meeting. A projector lit up, and slides began to display themselves on a whiteboard. However, before Errol could begin speaking a very familiar face walked in. Earthy eyes dilated as he saw Danni walk towards Errol with heavy panting. The two relatives spoke briefly before Errol went back to what he was doing. Danni and Jean locked eyes as the girl walked up to him, taking a place close to him.

"Hey," she said quietly, standing on the other side of him. "Been a while," she muttered.

"Hhkkeey." Jean mumbled over food.

Throat swallowed whatever huge load was in his mouth, and evoked a small cough to which he covered with a hand. After clearing his throat, he placed hands on hips.
    "How're things with you? Is Jex doing alright?" he queried, remembering their visit to the hospital. At the time he wanted to comfort her, but his mind was too busy with their goal of capturing the Tempest lady.

It had truly been a long time since the two could actually hang out without any disturbances from life. Jean was only sad that after so long, they had to meet up under these circumstances. Eyes hid worry as he realized, what if Danni got hurt just like Jex... or worse? The scholar looked away from his friend as one of the students spoke up after Errol.

"I've been training three weeks for this day. They've been stuck in that hellhole too long, I'm going to get them out" the girl said, fiery determination in her voice as she spoke.

A small faint smile emerged again, looking at Christie. This girl was with him when he started this investigation. It looked like she'd be finishing it with him as well. The smile faded away as he looked up at the palm of his hand, wondering whether the three weeks he spent molding his mind and body would be enough. Truth was, no one in this room knows what to expect. Blue prints, schematics, plans, training, teamwork...these were all things that could help their odds, but would it be enough to fend off or avoid the dangers of the unknown all together.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Abi clutched the book tighter as she responded, "New member? Of what? I don't even know where I am!" she got quiet for a moment as she remembered the events leading up to her waking up here, "Wait... you mean those people who jumped me? They're an organized group?"

Abi backed away and had a moment where she was about to become accusatory, say that maybe this kid was a member of this group of kidnappers. But after a moment she realized something pretty important.

This kid was on the same side of the cell as her. Although that wasn't necessarily an indication he was one of the members of this group, she was going to trust for a bit that he wasn't.

Abi held the book a little closer to her chest as she responded,
    "Do...do you know where we are?"

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

Taking another sip of the hot chocolate that he'd gotten, he remained silent as Errol explained what they knew as well as shown the ones who were captured. Just like he had said, both Carter and Mai were ones who were on the Missing Persons board. He glanced over to Leif, who seemed to get a bit agitated upon seeing Mai. It was pretty easy to notice with how tight he was clenching his fist. Did he have some history with her? He may have been the closest thing that Lief considers a friend, but they rarely talked about each others past.

Which was fine by him. They were plenty of things that he rather keep to himself. Then came the expected moment where he told them the risks of the mission. He doubted that anyone who came here of their own free will would suddenly chicken out of going, which was shown by the first few responses.

"I'll go, I don't care what the risks are."

Leif was the next one to voice his opinion with quite the determined look on his face.

"Well if he's going, I'm going too. Someone has to make sure he doesn't get himself killed." Funny that he was saying that to someone else. It was odd given how it was something said to him in the past.

13. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Walking into my brother's room, I was immediately greeted by the sight of him on the computer. Being courteous and all, I knocked on the doorframe to get his attention, but then quickly realized my mistake of not noticing the earpieces he had on. A sigh escaped my mouth as my mood dropped to annoyed. I called out his name.

"Jean!" I shouted once, hoping the dork wouldn't have the volume up too high.

Thankfully, his ears managed to pick up my voice as he turned his head slightly to look me directly in the eye. This was my nerdy brother, loves to spend time doing god knows what on the computer. It was the late afternoon, and there was nothing to eat. Big brother needed to keep us both fed while mom and dad worked. "What's for lunch?" I asked, crossing my arms as I leaned on the door frame. Hopefully he wasn't oblivious to my body language. Jean took the ear pieces off of his ears and looked at me emotionless.

"Ooh...food...right..." he said apathetically.

His eyes wandered back to the screen before him as he slowly got up, trying his best to read as much as he could as his body slowly walked away from the screen. When he could read no more from the distance, he turned around, and walked past me. He was older than me by a few years, but I was taller than him. He didn't like to admit it, but he disliked that fact. While he was walking away, I took a quick peak at the computer to see what he was so mesmerized over. Upon laying eyes on the screen, my face fell to dull. It was some science journal from a study group in some college about virtual particles. Whatever that is. I did my best to read the first paragraph, but I gave up. My attention span when it came to these things was very limited. That, and the fact that I saw a bunch of math equations that I knew at first glance were beyond me. Heck, I was surprised he was even capable of understanding that himself.

I took a step back from the computer, peripherals catching glimpses of the man child's walls. A few picture frames hung on the walls with posters of super heroes signed by their respective creators. On Jean's desk, there was a notebook with a pencil layed on top of it. On the monitor, a figure of spider-man perched on the side made for a ridiculous girl repellent; if he ever brought one over. I slowly did a panorama of my brother's room. A book shelf with manga organized in alphabetical order, boxes of comics neatly placed in their protective covers; collections as well as for reading material, another shelf filled with movies ranging from live action to animated to t.v. series and cartoons (Yes anime included), and a t.v. across from his bed with the gaming console connected. Man how I remembered when he first discovered online gaming. He spent hours upon hours just glued to that stupid thing. Honestly, I don't even know how the hell he managed good grades.

I think the only thing normal in his room was his bed. Normal bed sheets, pillow casing, etc. My feet dragged against the wooden floor as I made my way to the t.v. Squatting down with my knees kept close, I looked at the games he had. They were mainly rpg games, with a few first person shooters, action adventure, and fighters.

"If it's not the computer, it's this. Geez bro, get a life..." I muttered to myself.

After a small while I decided to rise, and get a move on. Taking my first step, I felt a soft material under my foot. Looking down I was met with the sight of one of Jean's famous shirts. I picked it up, instantly realizing what it was. How could I not? This is my brother I'm talking about after all. I stretched the shirt to see the Superman Crest, size small. It was a black shirt with only a red superman symbol. Eyes looked up as I tried to remember off the top of my head who was it that wore this shirt in the comics.

"Superboy...?" I questioned myself. Ugggh, I gave up. There were only so many iterations of that character, retelling a different story and whatnot. Losing interest in my brothers room I tossed the shirt onto his bed and walked out, demanding my meal. I would only see him for the next two weeks before he went off to college... The least I could do is lure him out of his man cave using false sense of responsibilities so I can see him every now and then. God knows he won't get out of the room unless it's necessary.

---------------------------

"Katherine? Sweety?" a voice called out.

My consciousness struggled to rise from the darkness that had a strong hold over me. Eyelids slowly parted, perspiration forming quickly to aid with the incoming light from above. I could see my mom's face looming, shadowed by the bright lights from above. There was a ceiling, and a beeping sound resonating nearby. Where was I?

"Oh Katherine! How are you feeling?" the woman queried in great concern.

Tears had formed in her eyes, nose sniffling from the uncontrollable urge emanating from mom. I could feel her soft hand over my head, brushing it gently. While this was happening, I began to regain feeling over my entire body. For some reason a blanket was over me reaching up to my clavicles. As I tried to move, I instantly felt a sharp pain where my lumbar spine was. Wincing, I decided to halt any desire to move. It was pretty obvious where I was from all the little details. However, I had no clue HOW I ended up here.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I asked, eyes still adjusting to the light of the room.

"You don't remember? Your roommate said you were crying from pain this morning."

A knock on the door alerted the both of us to the visitor. My mother took a step back to reveal my roommate, Laurel. Dressed in non fashionable casual attire, she advanced towards my bedside; giving my mom a hug in the process before looking over to me. Long blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail, while green eyes looked down at me. Freckles decorated her white complexion, something that I always made fun of.

"Hey girl. Your dad's outside with one of the doctor. How's the pain?" she asked.

I looked away from her, staring up at the ceiling.
    "It's there if I don't move much... Did I really wake up this morning in pain?"

"Yeah... You seriously scared the crap out of me. I didn't know what else to do, so I called 911. It was just off...watching you like that..." Laurel explained, eyes soon falling on the white sheets that blanketed my body. Again, I just stared off into space just like I had when my mother had picked me up from this very hospital yesterday. Perhaps it was best that I couldn't remember this morning. With how vulnerable I already feel from this, I think remembering would just make me feel worse than that.

The heart rate monitor continued to beep.

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

• [​IMG]
      That’s… an interesting way to put it,” Kassandra mused softly, keeping her eyes on Walter. She wasn’t expecting the man to open up so freely to her as he just had, but there it was. “It’s a good thing my father’s heart had changed from those that were previous before him, otherwise your words would have been seen as a threat or those of a traitor.” She sighed out lowly, finally standing up from place as she went to Walter’s workbench, deciding to be a bit nosey. “But enough of that…” There were other questions on her mind, but she decided to let them go for now. As a Landen, she needed to show dignity to her family tree, not become too personal with the people she worked with. Although her older brother was now married and had three beautiful kids, Kassandra was an exception to the happy life. Her younger brother had strayed away to different paths, someone she was very close to before. As a result, she felt as if she had to do anything possible to win her father’s heart to prove that she had no malice or opposing feelings for what her father did for the public or this organization. But for now, she wanted to stall and get to know some of the members in person rather than through watching everything on camera or reading through files. “What else are you working on?” she asked, keeping her serious expression as she looked over her shoulder at him from where she was at.

[​IMG]
      After an awkward silence because Maka forgot that Benjamin existed while writing out the last reply, Benjamin finally spoke up. “The verdict is that the both of them will be blotted from Raven Sun as if they never existed here in the first place. This means that they will be their own free agents, but they will still be our ally. Which also means we cannot intervene if she gets involved with Tobias somehow in the future. That will be up to you to deal with alone. This also means that if they are caught by the government, they will have to abide by the rulings and laws of this country. We may or not may not bail them out, depending on the severity or stupidity of the crime.” He sighed out, gripping the handle of his cane more tightly. “They are to be released immediately. As our ally, they can ask us for help on certain missions they decide to take up on in the future, but they will have limited access to our database and our files. We may ask them for help, but they can turn it down without prejudice. As her father… I won’t doubt you will want to help her out and I will not stop you if you do. We have cut off their payments from us, their files are under lock and key, but they will receive about $10,000 each to start out their new lives out on their own. I believe that’s rather generous, don’t you think? And if they pose as a threat to us at any time, we will not hesitate to cut off our alliance with them and we will dispose of them… We must for our protection. No one else will defend Raven Sun but us.”

• [​IMG]
      Mai was about to speak through mind to Colton when another voice invaded her brain. She almost pushed Shane out of her head out of fear, but then stopped herself when she heard him apologizing to her and for what had happened. Her lips twitched in contempt as she forced herself to listen, shutting her eyes once more. Wait, the three of us? Wasn’t there a little boy?

“Ah man, one of the robots went on the fritz again!” a voice shouted down the hallway.

“Someone died?” another voice boomed.

“Yeah. Tch, shame, he was young too.”

Mai gasped and clasped her hands over her mouth. One of them had already been killed… No, not the little boy… Tears came to Mai’s eyes as she realized what had happened, or figured what happened. Colton and Shane were planning to get out, she needed to be on board as well. Was that why Shane did what he did to her yesterday? To look convincing? Maybe. Mai forced herself to sit up in bed, groaning as her tired limbs screamed at her not to move. She felt a wave of nausea come over her, but fought it off as she blinked her eyes rapidly, placing a hand on her forehead. She needed to be ready to move quickly, but... I don’t know if this is going to work, she sent through her mind to Shane. I can hardly move… She looked at Colton, tears streaming down her face as she realized how hopeless this was going to be. He was going to fight for one more day… Maybe Colton would have better luck getting out than her.

Four men in white jump suits wearing rubber gloves, white face masks to cover their nose and mouth, and a stretcher with a body bag on it came in to Shane’s view. They all wore black headbands around their foreheads that projected some sort of low frequency that was somewhat annoying to those who carefully listened. If a telepathist or a telekinetic tried to mess with it or the brains of the user that were wearing them, a horrible frequency would shriek out and cause painful noise patterns to be brought out.

“Look at them, so pathetic,” one of the men sneered.

“Stupid kid. We wouldn’t have to clean up this damn mess.”

“Less complaining, more working.”

Two entered into Shane’s cell well the other two aimed plasma guns at Shane.

“Don’t try anything stupid, kid,” one of the men with the guns said.

The two men carelessly picked up Carter’s body, his eyes still opened in shock and blood dribbling out of his mouth as more blood dripped from his bullet ridden body and on the floor. They then brought the body out of the cell, placing it on the stretcher and pulled the bag over the boy’s body, concealing it from view. The two men then grabbed mops and buckets, using them to clean up the blood and scrub it from the floor. The blood began to flow down the drain of the prison, washing away all evidence that something had happened. They then scrubbed the mattress with bleach the best they could, getting most of the blood strain out, but not all of it.

[​IMG]

Kye giggle-snorted at what Isabella was saying, waving a hand at her. “A mark, yes, yes? A mark, reject.” She smirked and leaned up against the wall, watching her poor friend wanting to try almost anything right here and there to stop from his mind being manipulated ever again. “Ink, I do not think. Need more knowhow, hm? The hat, I know all.” She placed her fingers on the brim of her hat, letting her fingers trace over it reverently. She then heard Lukey’s question and giggled. “They tell all, believe me so… No cat is left in the dark while on prowl…” She nodded her head and then crossed her arms over her chest, keeping an eye on Isabella to make sure she didn’t do anything suspicious to her partner. There was already one mishap today, she wasn’t going to let that happen again. “Whispers in the vines became clamors in the night. Traitor one, traitor two, tsk, tsk, tsk… Don’t say the cat didn’t warn them so. Sloppy and loppy they became, think through mud, try hard again and again.” She sighed, rubbing at the bridge of her nose. “Mishaps and misdeeds being taken care of without me. Fine, fine. All will be well in the morn.”

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I’m alright for the most part, Danni sent to Brendan, keeping her eyes forward as she half listened to Errol. Just tired, but not tired enough to sit out on this one. She didn’t want to go through the details of what happened at the hospital and made sure she kept those thoughts under lock and key. Everyone needed to focus on this, not other stuff that had happened outside of the academy.

Danni half-listened to Alex, resisting the urge to shoosh, backtalk, or do something Danni-like to him. Instead, she showed her confirmation to going to the labs by staying silent, letting others pipe up about not backing out. No one was being a wuss, good. “Nurse Alyce will take care of it,” she said quietly to Ryan, putting her hands on her hips as she waited for Errol to continue on after the votes for staying or going were tallied. There was nothing she could do now for that kid, it was out of her hands. She knew that the nurse was pretty good at her job though and that her cousin would be right as rain in no time.

It was then Jean almost asked her the same question as Brendan did, but it was out loud. She sighed out, deciding to fold her arms over her chest. “Chaotic,” she mumbled to not disturb the meeting. “Jex was knocked out cold when I sent him to Nurse Alyce… Had to get some brain surgery… He had a blood clot from the beatings.” She felt a heaviness hang over her head and trailed off. Focus, she thought to herself, realizing that there were other telepathists in the room. She then heard Christie pipe up and smirked, fingers finding a necklace around her own neck to play with as she listened to everyone. That was her girl…

Errol smiled in relief, breathing out and letting his shoulders sag as he leaned on the desk. “Thank you everyone…” His eyes then grew serious, giving Nicole the cue to start passing packets of papers out. “Miss Justice, Carter’s mother, has been a tremendous help and put together the blueprints of the place to study out as well as the others we will be rescuing and the scientist’s profiles that Brendan and I have dug up. The security there is quite powerful, but here’s the plan. One of us is going to pose as a government agent, another is going to play the part of a captured telepathist or telekinetic. The pair will go to the door of the place as their role, and hopefully will be let into the facility. From there, the “government” agent will have to sneak their way to the main computer hard drive, and feed it a USB plug in that has a virus Brendan has made on it to shut down the security. When the cue is given, we will two teams of two will sneak in through the sewers of the area, which go right under the cells of the ones being held there, rescue them, and then enter back the way they came. Once the virus has taken place, Brendan will be able to access the security cameras to guide whoever will go in to operate.”

Errol took a break, looking over his group. “I would like Jean to pose as the government official and… Christie, you as the captured telekinetic. They know your face, but they’ve never seen Jean. Will you be comfortable with that, Christie and Jean? I will have to hang back with Brendan to oversee the operation; they know my face. Ms. Justice, you will have to stay behind as well. If Carter sees you, he might give us away. That leaves Alex, Lief, Ken, and Danni as the teams of two to rescue those from the cells… Lief, I would like you to pair up with Danni. Ken and Alex, I would like to pair you two up as well. Lief and Danni, you’ll be rescuing Mai Kendrick and Colton. Ken and Alex, you will be rescuing Carter Justice and Shane Ware…. Does anyone oppose or have any suggestions for these plans?”

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      The nurse watched Ryan sympathically, knowing all too well of the horrors outside of the academy walls. Noticing Ryan’s shaking, the nurse stood and got a blanket, draping it over the boy’s shoulder before crouching down in front of him with a tissue on hand. “I know, sweetie… The world is kind to our kind at all.” She then offered him a tissue, keeping a steady eye on him. The boy was right, there was not much she could do right now to help Ryan out.

As if on cue, Jex’s hand squeezed Ryan’s back and he moaned, wincing as he rolled his head to the side. “Ryan,” he raspy breathed out, trying to open his eyes through the bandages but again was reminded he couldn’t. “I thought I had a bad dream…” he continued to say, not knowing where he was at or what really happened. “That someone was shot… and we had to run…”

The nurse pat Ryan on the knee before standing up, moving over to Jex. “It’s alright, Jex. You’re at the academy now.”

“Nurse Alyce?” Jex was obviously very confused. One minute he was at the hospital, and the next he was told he was at the academy. What had happened in the time he blacked out? He felt a hand on his forehead and knew it wasn’t Ryan.

“It’s me, sugar,” she said softly in a mother like tone. “Danni and Ryan brought you back.” Nurse Alyce was quietly examining him with her eyes, feeling through the bandages of the damage done to the poor boy. She then clicked her tongue, humming out quietly. She then looked to Ryan, smiling at him sadly. “You poor things have been through so much, I can see it in your eyes and in the battle wounds… I can help with some things, but others… Looks like the doctors did all they could for that brain of yours, dear,” she said, focusing on Jex. She then looked back to Ryan and smiled. “Don’t be alarmed with what I’m about to do, sweetie,” she said in a calm tone. “I have a little special ability myself. You may want to let go and stand back for a short bit. It’s going to get a bit electrifying in here. It won’t hurt Jex one bit.”

As soon as he did let go, Nurse Alyce hovered a hand over Jex’s head. Blue electricity danced over her hands as she focused on the energy of the element before she carefully placed her hand on his head. The little electric currents flowed through her hand to Jex’s bandaged exterior, going underneath his skin to his cells. From there, she began to speed up the cells, forcing them to heal Jex’s damages quickly. When she pulled her hand away, the swelling and bruising were brought down tremendously in Jex’s face, almost back to normal. “Here we are,” she said with a smile, beginning to take off the bandages from Jex’s head. “Almost as good as new. Now I can’t fix any damage to that poor bright brain of yours sugar, but things that were lost will come to you in time, believe me.”

As soon as the bandages were taken off of Jex’s eyes, he blinked rapidly, letting them come into focus. He could see color, see the white ceiling and Nurse Alyce hovering over him as the bandages were coming off, and then-

“Ryan…” He grinned from ear to ear, sitting up as fast as he could in bed. “Ow.” He winced as he felt a slight headache rupture through his skull, but it wasn’t as extreme as earlier.

“Careful now,” Nurse Alyce warned, unhooking Jex from the pain medications and other things he was attached to. “You may feel like a spring chicken, but you just had invasive surgery not too long ago, honey.” She laughed softly as she shook her head, finally done with him. “You can leave, but you are to be back here by the morning, you hear me?” She raised an eyebrow at the boys, putting her hands on her hips. “You need to take some antibiotics to make sure that poor brain of yours stays healthy and fit. Electrical Healing can only do so much, you know.”

“Yes ma’am,” Jex responded, saluting before looking up at Ryan with a grin on his face. Despite looking a little on the pale side and messy hair with tired eyes, Jex almost looked the same as he did before all of this. Even the stitches on his head had disappeared and only a small scar from the surgery peeked out from his hairline.

“There’s a wheelchair right there,” Nurse Alyce said to Jex, nodding to one in the corner. “Use it for now, just until for tomorrow, sugar. Other than that, you two may be on your merry ways.” She winked at them knowingly and then turned to grab her clipboard and sat at her desk in her swivel stool, writing down notes to add to Jex’s chart.

• [​IMG]

“Jumped you…? Oh… Oh!” The boy finally realized what was happening and watched the older teen as she clutched the book tightly to her chest. Was she going to hit him over the head with that? Never mind… He pulled his knees up to his chest, and hugged them. “I don’t know where exactly we are… But… They call themselves the Obsidian Clan.” He looked at her with solemn eyes, sighing out softly. “They kidnap those with weird powers, and… drink their blood every full moon.” The boy cringed, realizing how strange and disgusting that sounded out loud. “They think they get special abilities… They drank mine several times.” He pulled up the white sleeves of his oriental robe, revealing nasty bruises on his arms. Some looked more recent, others looked old. “They only take enough to fill at least five shot glasses at a time, but…” He sighed out, lowering his arms. “You probably did something to show you had powers.” He pulled the sleeves back down over his arms, covering up the many bruises once more. “You already passed the blood test, otherwise you wouldn’t be in here with me. They make sure you don’t have any diseases or weird things in your body… They want their blood to be clean as possible.” He stopped talking about it, realizing that the more he talked, the more the older teen was going to be disgusted by what was going on. “S-sorry if that’s too much… It’s just been a long time since I saw someone else… Like me.”

15. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Eyes still closed, he crossed his arms and listened to the girl speak about how he would have been considered a traitor in the eyes of previous leaders, a mere thought that Walter could only smile upon. “Maybe, though if it wasn’t for your father I wouldn’t have grown into the man I am today” Walter said. It was quite amazing when he thought about it, the empty and emotionless child he used to be now turning into the man he was today. He truly had to thank Benjamin for it. “Besides, you’re the only one I’ve told this to” Walter said with a smile still speaking even though she ended the conversation.

Opening his eyes he watched her walk off to his workbench. It was quite a surprise to see the girl so interested in his work, but at the same time something he liked. When he looked at him he merely walked up to her and reached out to a sheathed katana resting upon the workbench. “Well for one there is the manufacturing of weapons that the Raven Suns can use such as this katana” Walter said taking grasp of the sheathed katana in one hand and a bunch of pencils in the other. Throwing the pencils upwards, Walter held the sheath of the sword with his left hand and the hilt of the katana in his right. As the pencils began to descend, Walter immediately drew the katana out of its sheath and swung the blade at the pencils, skillfully slashing 3 times before sheathing the blade back inside its sheath. “Of course in the end it all comes down to skill, but to make a weapon that a person can truly rely on without restraints is what I make. Swift and powerful” Walter said placing the katana on the desk, each pencil that having been cleaved into three pieces landed upon the floor.

“However my main project involves the workings of the mind” Walter said picking up a small rod that rested upon the desk. “The mind holds numerous possibilities, limits that hold the mind back from awakening it’s potentials. I hold a desire to learn more about the brain as well as the anomaly that is the psychics…I’ve made great progress as it has allowed me to make weapons to combat against them…but there is still more to learn” Walter said raising the rod up and narrowed his eyes with a dark smirk as he stared up at the rod before lowering it back down and letting out a nonchalant sigh and smiled his usual cheerful smile “Ah, but here I am rambling about myself. I’d like to learn more about you” Walter said.

16. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Alex cleared his throat in response and spoke up, "What is the dangerous part? It sounds clear cut to me. Go in, get out. Who or what do you think will stand in our way?"

Ryan picked up the tissue with his left hand and wiped away the tears from his face. They were soon replaced by new tears seconds later. He felt the embrace of the blanket warm him and the shivers begin to fade away, and then the tears stopped. Ryan felt his hand being squeezed and immediately turned back to Jex after dropping his tissue in shock.
    "Ryan, I thought I had a bad dream. That someone was shot...and we had to run..." he said with a raspy voice.
    As soon as he was able to speak back, the nurse explained almost everything to him. As the nurse conducted electricity, he jumped at the sight of it. She was hitting him with bolts. That can't be safe!
    "What are you-?"
    He was interrupted as he noticed that Jex's injuries were being restored. When the nurse took off his bandages and saw his violet eyes once again, he smiled, trying to wipe away the tears as much as possible. His face and eyes were still red from the tears he shed. Tear marks also stained his face. When his violet eyes caught Jex, he grinned as much as Jex, beaming at him. As Jex was getting up though, Ryan jolted up to him and held Jex's shoulder.
    "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with concern. When the nurse mentioned the wheelchair, Ryan grinned.
    "Well, now it's my turn to pick you up," he said. He laid his hands below Jex's legs and behind his back in the same way Jex did. Before getting his powers, he would be unable to pick up Jex, but with his Psionic Strength, Ryan was able to do so easily. He carried him, looking at Jex in the eyes, and placed him in the wheelchair carefully.
    "There you go. Now I'm the strong handsome hero able to pick you up from your feet!" he said with a laugh afterwards. He was laughing at himself. What the heck was Jex thinking when he said something like that originally?

17. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Jean\'s Banner.png

It wasn't until Danni mumbled her reply that Jean realized he had spoken out loud while Errol was busy speaking. Mouth remained shut as a precaution; well except for when he wanted to eat. Left hand reached out for another fruit, soon after teeth sinking into the sustenance. Time went by until the meeting had finally ended with Errol thanking everyone for attending and listening. Jean went to go take another doughnut, but was met with disappointment. The cart had nearly been depleted of all of its resources. Eating in great abundance was nothing for Jean as his metabolism was constantly being used for most of his tricks. It was why eating so much rarely affected him.
    "Aw man... could have really used more..." he frowned at the empty tray.

“I would like Jean to pose as the government official and… Christie, you as the captured telekinetic. They know your face, but they’ve never seen Jean. Will you be comfortable with that, Christie and Jean?"

The scholar quickly turned his attention to the head master.

"Huh? Government official? uUuh..." he uttered, averting eyes away from Errol to Christie. "Dooo... I get an I.D. or a badge? Something that could help me identify myself as one?" he questioned under his breath, although not doubting Errol had his back. However, he couldn't resist the urge to ask for the sake of it. He approached the Head Master, removing himself from Danni's side; expecting Christie to come forward as well. When Errol had finished assigning people to groups, a small wave of relief came over the man at hearing Nicole would be hanging back from all of this. Jean spoke up, giving Christie a glance.

"I'm concerned about the telepaths... How will Christie and I defend ourselves from having our minds invaded?"

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

• [​IMG]

Kassandra watched as Walter demonstrated the weapon he had created for Raven Sun. She knew what it was, but she was fascinated with how he explained it. She was even more intrigued when the man wield the sword and used it as if it were a mere toy to him. Glancing at the pencils that had fallen to the ground, she noticed the clean cut and an eyebrow slightly perked up in amusement. Was he trying to show off to her? Or just simply showing the weapon? Not being able to read that social cue, Kassandra watched as Walter picked up a mere rod and began to explain the workings of the mind, but not the rod. He then turned the tables, directing the conversation back on her now. Hiding her discomfort, she folded her arms across her chest, being careful about the wounded one. “I don’t know what you can gleam from me, but you can try to ask anything,” she stated, almost daring him to spout off just about whatever came into his mind. Other than that, she was going to keep her mouth shut for the most part. It was what her father trained her unintentionally to do after all.

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Errol held up an official government I.D. badge, already made for Jean. “You will be named Agent Skully, working for the CIA. You received numerous complaints of a girl who has been doing law breaking things with supernatural abilities that caught the neighbor’s attention. What that scenario is, you two will have to make up that together. As for the little telepathy problem…” Errol held up an earpiece and then placed it on the desk, sliding it to Jean. “The device has psychic DNA coded into its algorithm, which is information stored in a server somewhere. So what it actually does is that when the devices are clamped on to the psychic, it has a sensitive surface that feels the prisoner’s skin cells. Upon touch, it sends some kind of electrical signal throughout the body that primarily attacks that part of the brain that allows for psychics to do their powers in the first place, thus blocking the ability for them to infiltrate your mind.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Jex grinned at Ryan, and then noticed the tear stained cheeks, the redness of his face, and how tired he looked. His smile faded, but only for a moment. “Whoa!” he was caught off guard when Ryan suddenly picked him up with ease and held him close for a moment. Jex was a pretty light person because of his metabolism, but it was still striking to him. Even though the boy knew Ryan pretty well at this point, he still couldn’t help but to brush as Ryan carried him over to the wheelchair and carefully placed him down. “Ha, yeah!” Jex smiled up at Ryan at him being mentioned as the big strong hero and sighed out dreamily like a fangirl exaggeratedly. “Oh Mister Strong Hero, Sir,” Jex cooed in an embellished high pitch girly voice. “Where will you carry me off to next? Where shall we run to? Oh! I fear there’s no safe place for us!” Jex placed the back of his hand dramatically on his forehead and slouched in the wheelchair, adding on to the show he was putting on for the one he liked.

Now, now sugar plum. Before you run off with your new hero, be sure to keep track of odd things popping up,” Nurse Alyce said while continuing to write down things. “Aches, pains, missing memories, you name it. Other than that, you are free to go.

Jex sat up in the wheelchair, coming back to serious mode. “
      Yes ma'am, will do,” he said quietly to respond to Nurse Alyce before looking up at Ryan with a sad puppy dog expression with big eyes and a goofy frown.

19. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Walter raised an eyebrow taking notice of the small discomfort the girl was showing, but Walter didn’t mind. He felt it would do good to at least try and get the girl to open up what little she could. Placing a hand on his chin he looked at her with a curious look “hmm, so your actually going to let me try? Hmm what to ask…oh I know!” Walter said with a sly smirk as he leaned in close to the girl. “Tell me…are you single?” Walter said with a charming grin. Giving her time to at least process his words the man could only start laughing “hah that’s a terrible first question” Walter said before letting out a sigh and smiled “alright I’ll be more serious, why did you join up the organization? Uphold some family tradition?” Walter asked leaning back on a wall as he crossed his arms.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Colton fell still as he heard what Shane had said that happened to Carter. A robot was on the fritz and killed him... The robot that he messed with. Colton went paler than he already was as the realization hit him. He had failed the young mother. He couldn't protect Carter. He didn't do a damn thing to help the kid in the end. Once again his thoughts were confirmed that he was nothing more than a failure, a desperate failure. Coltons mind went blank as he felt he needed to get out now.

The locks on the wheels of Mai's bed clicked up as Colton used his push pull ability to unlock the wheels. He needed to get out but Lyle knew his object manipulation ability so chances were it wouldn't work on the lock on their cell. Instead he came up with a different idea. He needed to draw a robot in to open the door. He would again use his push/pull ability to move a table into the way of the door closing. As soon as he could dispatch the robot him and Mai would run.

Anger filled Coltons eyes as he took off the breathing mask he was wearing and got out of bed, doing what he could to destroy what it was attached to while still making it look like an accident. Surely if he destroyed his medicine they would have to come in. That is when he would make the escape. It would work. It had to work. He was getting them out of their whether the other two knew it or not. Colton had dropped connection with both of them soon after his break down. He may have looked calm and in control but there was nothing left in his mind. It was all just a big mess.

[​IMG]
    "Limitations on this? Well my work is flawless but because of the placement there might be some delay between your mind getting attacked and it kicking in. But a second or two won't kill you. Besides it gives them false hope and that is so much fun!" Isabella explained as she tucked her hair behind her ears and got to work on the tattoo he had asked for. She didn't pay much attention to Kye as the girls words never seemed to make much sense. "So Colton did that to you? Well I will be sure to punish him but only when I need him for experiments again. Right now he is Lyle's problem. Surprised your creepy girlfriend hasn't dealt with him already though." Isabella stated as she continued to work.

"Ah done! Let me wrap that for you, but it should take effect soon." Isabella put her stuff down and got up, running off to collect the bandages and tape she needed to cover the fresh tattoo, in as happy of a mood as any despite everything that has happened. "Well.... It is getting too late to start my next experiment now. It was supposed to take all day! Oh well Shane got off lucky I guess." Isabella stated as she finished bandaging the tattoo and looked to Lukey for what was to be next.

[​IMG]
    A frown crossed Brendan's face when the plan was laid out. Brendan had wanted to go into the building, be the one to plug in the virus so he could get full access to their computers as well, but the more he thought about it the more sense that Errols plan made. If he went into the building it would be a dangerous place. He would be at risk and if he got caught then the others wouldn't have someone to communicate back to effectively. Brendan being a high level Telepath and a skilled hacker made the outside work a lot easier. He could easily keep mental connections with everyone. If he had to get a little closer he could do that and get information by innocently bumping into someone then leaving. And most of all if he could hack the systems he would have eyes and ears everywhere while no one could track him. He could give instructions to everyone and warn them when they needed to be warned without putting himself in danger where there was a chance that someone would stop him from doing such things.

Brendan nodded at Errol with an understanding of the plan. He then looked over at Danni. He didn't think she should go but he wasn't going to tell her that. He could tell she needed more rest and didn't want her to push herself, especially when things were dangerous. They were going into a place that knew more about their kind then many people here, with one who was a telepath herself. This wasn't going to be as easy as it sounded, and he knew that he just hoped everyone else knew that as well.

[​IMG]
    "Fair enough." Was all that Jason had in response to Benjamins decision. He knew Cynthia was not a child anymore but for her to now be completely out of his care scared him a bit. She was a young woman now, but a dangerous young woman, and in his eyes not fit to be on her own, but that was also fathers worry. He looked over at Cynthia who had been listening into the conversation then walked over to Tobias explaining in little detail what happened, just enough for him to get by. Then he walked and opened both the cells, holding Tobias' arm as he lead him out, letting Cynthia come out herself. "You two are now on your own. Once I escort you out of this building contact with us will be minimal. If you become a threat, I personally will put an end to you. You have gotten off lucky." Jason said as he gave a nod to Benjamin and began to lead the two kids away from the cells, the weapons waiting outside the building where they couldn't turn around and attack right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.