รץภςє๔: OOC Den

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka Albarn It's called love

*facepalms* Oh my goodness... I'm laughing... I had to do some quick research to make sure you followed the level rule, so yeah. Weakness can be seen from reading the bio a bit, as for strengths, guess we'll see...

I would like you to embellish on your character a bit, but I like the way you stayed in your character while filling out the profile... So I guess I'll let it slide. Follow the rules, yada, yada, and you'll be fine. Would you like to be added to the Skype chat?

Also, what's going on right now in the academy right now is Testing Day, where Danni and Jex observe those with telepathy or telekinetics through simulations. Since Jex is the ONLY playable Telepathic in the academy right now, Danni is conducting the tests now in the Telekinetic Training Room in the basement of the academy. And it's unlock right now since Danni has an access card and let everyone in. The light to get in is green, for now, until Lief starts his test. Unless you decided your character got an access card cause he's a Level 3. Level 4's are exempt, those at level 3 and are mentors can choose to opt out or not without consequences.

Jean, Christie, and Colton are heading out to do a Job/Mission Board thing. Three's a crowd, unless you talk to them and see if they'll let a fourth person in. If not, there are other missions that are still open and you can team up with Jex, Lief, or Ken... Only with their permission though, or convince the first three I mentioned into doing a totally different mission with you.

Up to you.

2. Mysty Unknown

Thats a lot to take it right when I wake up. Glen and I were sitting there pretty sure he wouldn't get accepted right off the bat XD Anywho, I'll join the skype group please. I'll figure out something. Noah will just do what he always does, be awesome.[DOUBLEPOST=1428396415][/DOUBLEPOST]Code Name: Myst
    Full Name: Vladamir Stalin
    Date of Birth: December 18, 1978: Age 37
    Photo I.D.: Totally not Darkrai
    Personality: Serious, dark, always wanting to succeed, straight to the point.
    History:
    Vlad, a man of the late Soviet Union, growing up into a world that was unknown to him. His mother was a virgin, yet he was born by different means. There was a special development within the Communist party to bring back a man of greatness. They had frozen vial's of the sperm from Joseph Stalin. His mother was inseminated with the vials repeatedly until pregnancy could occur. Eventually, she gave birth to a boy.

He was given the last name of the man he had been born from, a man dead far before his time. He had no father, and his mother was taken away soon after. They didn't want any influence of love to roam through the boy's mind. As he grew up, learning about Communism and its ins and outs, he developed a strange power with his mind. He began to use it in ways far exceeding even the adults around him. He was going to made a leader someday, and they could see his potential.

Every day, before he was aloud to eat breakfast, those who took care of him forced him to kill an animal before doing so. He was going to have to be ruthless if he were to survive against the United States. After 10 years of doing the same thing over and over again, he had learned to tolerate death and do so at whim. Once he had turned 10, they stated he would no longer have to kill another living creature if he saw fit, after his last kill. They brought in a woman, his mother. Vlad was unaware of this woman's relations to him, but regardless, he killed her like any other. His mother shed a tear the moment before.

Soon after this, Vlad listened in to a conversation by a few scientists. He discovered what he was, what he had done. He was terrified of himself. He fled the facility, his telepathy aiding him throughout it all. He was exposed to the real world, seeing what his nation had done, what the power of communism truly could do. He fled the nation, making his way to Berlin, a place that was divided for so long. He found the city he was in was torn in two, one of communism, another of capitalism. He escaped to the realm of light which he called it and found his way into America.

Here, he was found by US officials, bringing him in for testing and questions. They weren't sure what they had found now. The Cold War was reaching its end and they first believed him to be a spy ready to unleash the ultimate fued between the two over powers. He promised nothing was to occur. He only wished to escape that land and learn more about who he was, what life was meant for, why he was so different from normal people.

They promised him work as a scientist to explore these answers. He had to be supervised for many years until proven innocent. After his term, he continued his research. He wasn't afraid of anything anymore. He only wanted to find world peace, but his methods were dark and unorthodox. His past still haunted him. There was still thing he wished for more than anything though, to make those who caused him pain to suffer Damnation.
    Area of Study: Telepathic powers and their origins as well as studying the mind and how to brainwash.
    Employee Title: Abnormality Researcher
    Weapon(s): Claws
    Special Gadgets: N/A
    Strengths/Abilities: High IQ, Quick

Mental Projection, Projective Omnilingualism, Mind Reading, Memory Reading, Psychic Shadow, Illusion Manipulation
    Weaknesses: The lack to fear, his inhuman methods, depression
    Hobbies: Research
    Other:
    Side: Good

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  3. Maka Albarn It's called love

Pfft, you guys are losing faith in me. And I guess he's in? Kind of weird, but different.

Also, those who are wishing to join the RP but feel intimidated by the number of characters, don't be scared. There's only six of us, and I'm the one with the most characters right now. We're having a hard time dividing up characters to interact with everyone else. The more, the merrier.

4. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Is it too late to join?

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

Hecks to the no! Anyone's welcomed to join at any time. We would give you a summary and possibilities of where you can begin, no problemos.

6. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Awesome! I need that summary though. I thought of a beginning for the character. Perhaps someone at the Academy can trace him?

Code Name: Fish
    Full Name: Ryan Colfree
    Student I.D.: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunat...2BY-6DHVbk-b8NaaV-5MKUbV-4cyiSi-4cyjgB-4cCiUh
    Date of Birth: June 16th. 15
    Telepathist/Telekinetic?: Telekinetic
    Personality: Ryan is cheerful most of the time. He is grateful for what he has, and tries to look at the positive to the point of annoying others. However, he has trouble with the idea of harming someone and backs out very often from uncomfortable situations. He also has trouble talking to girls he likes as this is also uncomfortable for him. He pictures himself as someone who can be more confident, but fails to push for what he truly desires.
    History: Ryan was a normal kid before yesterday. He went to high school and stayed quiet. He had an ordinary life. Perfect parents who loved him, a brother who looked out for him, and family who kept him happy. Things have been strange over the last few months though. For example, one day, he thudded his fist on a school table after losing balance due to concentrating on a question he was studying, and after the impact, the table had a huge dent with the print of his hand. The class was shocked. Later, he accidentally smacked someone in the face after stretching his arms, which caused the person to be launched 100m through the hallway. Then his whole life fell upside down. As soon as he stared at the flame on his birthday cake yesterday. As he wished for a girlfriend before the end of the year went, the flame suddenly made a wave around the table, burning his family's faces. They screamed, and his brother, the person who looked out for him his whole life fell to the floor with his hand on his face. He was scarred. Ryan ran away, freaked out, not knowing what to do. He kept running until men stopped him. They heard the commotion, and began to ask if he had any powers. He saw one of them clutching something in his pocket. WAS IT A GUN!? Sensing he was in danger, he began to run again, panicking, wondering if they hurt his family, scared, lost, alone. The problem is, he didn't know how to get back. He must have run for hours. Hiding by the alleyway trash can, Ryan waited for the sunrise to come, still freaked out about what he did. How could this happen? He eventually fell asleep, knowing that the men who were after him were probably long gone.
    Level of Abilities: He is level 2. He only knew about his powers yesterday.
    Abilities: Basic: Telekinetic Grip, Psionic Strength (Will learn them as story progresses)
    Advance: Elemental Manipulation (Fire) (This he will also learn how to use it as the story progresses)
    Strengths: He tries to look at the positives of everything. He is smart.
    Weaknesses: When under pressure, he loses composure and starts to panic. He also worries too much about people. He can be persuaded easily as he always looks in the good of people. He's terrible at cooking. Suffers with OCD; he has to do things multiple times. His OCD gets worse whenever he's stressed, and in the beginning, he'll be at his worst.
    Role in the Academy: Student
    Hobbies: He likes to run, swim, and plays soccer and video games. He also loves to go camping.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  7. Maka Albarn It's called love

We'll see!

But first... Um... It's very ambitious of you to start out as a level one, HOWEVER, there are a few flaws that need to be pointed out and adjusted. What you're describing Ryan did was an advanced level stage of telekinesis. Element Manipulation is the closest thing I could see to what's being described and it's at an advance stage of telekinesis.As a level one, you really can't or shouldn't do advance level things. As a level 2, however, you can chose that as your advance. He would have to have been noticing weird stuff happening around him previous to the accident described in your character's bio for it to make sense, but it can work like that. Unless your want to let your character progress and have that strange happenstance of burning someone or something later in the RP, that could work. But it would take a while to get there, like 10 to 20 RP days.... Or less if I'm feeling nice...

Also, may I make a suggestion of choosing another picture for your character? It's not necessary, just looks a little weird having someone realistic and others looking like anime characters.

8. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

OK, I've fixed it. Does it make sense now?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Lockedongamer, just to make things easier to understand, do this -

Level of Abiltity: 2

Abilities

Basic: Telekinetic Grip, Psionic Strength (Will learn them as story progresses)

Advance: Elemental Manipulation (Fire) (This he will also learn how to use it as the story progresses)

10. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

OK, great! I can't wait to get started!

11. Maka Albarn It's called love

Looks pretty good to me. Just be sure to follow the rules, and don't be afraid to ask questions. We'll be happy to answer them as you see.

Summary So Far: At the academy in Reno Nevada, testing day is going on. This is where everyone takes a test to prove their powers and their skill level. Tests are overseen by mentors Danni and Jex. Jex is the only telepathist in the RP, so I think he'll come looking for you if I figure out some way to get Errol to notice the strange occurrence with your character. Maybe I'll have Jex sense a tremor in the force or something. Christie, Colton, and Jean are students at the academy and they're on their way to do a mission to find a missing boy.

In Raven Sun, in Las Vegas Nevada, members Cynthia and Tobias are on a quest to find "The Silent Killer" and are in the process of "interrogating" people that might know him. My character, Kytheria, is keeping watch over them. But a government agent called her, and she has to leave her post but is waiting for someone to cover her before she leaves.

In the Scientist area, Lucas, India, and Isabella are in the process of creating a system to track down those with powers and are going to head to Reno Nevada eventually.

Would you like to be added to the Skype chat?

12. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Sure, I'll give you a private message! Thanks for the summary. I'll jump on soon with an intro.

13. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Code Name: Tyrant
    Full Name: Tyson Romas
    Date of Birth: 10/11 and 29
    Photo I.D.: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=...f1yPFxu0qcEwLyHmpTOlG4Ww&ust=1429050937248465
    Personality:
    History: Tyson has lost a lot. His home, his wife, his son, and his parents. On one day, one telepathic crazy decided to burn down an apartment building and take himself with it. According to reports Tyson was able to receive, this person decided to take down as many as people with him after being isolated from his powers. He had enough of hearing all of these horrid peoples' thoughts surrounding him in the busy apartment building. According to a letter he wrote, "he had enough of the voices."
    Tyson had a lot of military training as well, and was decorated with many awards. He's seen war, can handle a gun proficiently to the point of being agent worthy, and has over 1000 kills. He, at first was not proud of that number, but he is beginning to see flashes of the people he has killed. What if those people had daughters and sons to look after? Now, he's declared as served his country, and now takes the fight to these telepathic freaks. They killed his family and his best friend from the army, Bruiser, and all he has is his daughter. He wants to save her from being hurt, and he will take every single telepathic down mercilessly. That kid just got lucky. He joined the Raven Sun after the incident shortly afterwards.
    Member Title: Assassin
    Time in Raven Sun: 1 Year
    Weapon(s): Knife, AK47 Assault Rifle, and a shotgun.
    Special Gadgets: Bulletproof vest
    Strengths/Abilities: He is proficient in martial arts and armed combat.
    Weaknesses: Can be tempered easily, cannot be stirred from a fight; if he is faced with a telepathic, he will not rest until finding them and killing them. He is always haunted by the burning apartment complex.
    Hobbies: Looks after his daughter, watches a movie to keep his mind off what happened.
    Side: Bad, he fights for human kind in the wrong way.

14. Mysty Unknown

Code Name: Myst
    Full Name: Luna Dreamea
    Student I.D.: ~
    Date of Birth: Jan 21, 2000 Age 15
    Telepathist/Telekinetic?: Telepathist
    Personality: Quiet and reserved. She has trouble making friends except for the ones that she has made herself.

Although she is shy, she is very kind and polite to everyone she meets.

History: Luna was born on the day of a lunar eclipse, right at the moment it had reached its climax even. The family she grew up with was one of high class with many riches and power. The girl at a young age was seen to have special powers and talent. She could create objects with her mind and they would float around her. Unlike most Telepathsts, her imaginary friends had actual voices and could communicate with the rest of the world.

Eventually, she grew old enough to attend the special school. She was frightened of the idea of leaving her comfort of home and being with strangers, but her parents knew it would also be good for her to experience more of the world instead of playing with her illusions for the rest of her life.

A little history on her imaginary friends. Each friend she has is a reaction to her emotions. Each one of these can be killed because Luna feels they are real. If all of them die, her imagination becomes void and her entire person is blank. This has happened in the past before, an incident occurring where she almost drowned and her illusions came to save her, however, they died in her place. It took several months to make Luna regain any form of emotion. She does not lose the emotion if one dies, in example, if her imaginary friend of love dies, Luna will not lose the ability to love. It is only when they all die that she will become emotionless.

Level of Abilities: Level 1
    Abilities:
    - Basic: Telempathy, Telepathic Speaking
    - Advanced: Illusion Manipulation
    - Master (it fits with her character...) Psychosomatic Illusion
    Strengths: Reliable if someone is in danger, high IQ but doesn't like to show it, powerful imagination
    Weaknesses: Afraid of water, poor communication skills, physically weak
    Role in the Academy: Student
    Hobbies: Playing with her friends, reading books, watching fantasy cartoons/ anime, drawing.
    Other Things Not Covered: Her "familiars" might look a tad familiar. Hahaha... puns.

15. Maka Albarn It's called love

Accepted... I assume the advance and master will just come into play later in the RP? Since she's a level one and all.

Accepted

Remember that this Friday at 11pm Mountain Central time is the stroke of midnight in the RP world. We'll be starting a new day. How early, that's up to everyone.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  16. Mysty Unknown

The Advance... no... She was born with that one innately. The master one yeah.

17. Maka Albarn It's called love

Righty-o, thank you~

Also, everyone:
    Disregard that. Day will end on Thursday at the stroke of Midnight in North American Central Time. Next RP day will begin on Friday. I think we're deciding to skip at least two weeks or three though. I'll let you know in the chat.

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

(Last Updated, April 16th, 2015)
    Time Skipped: 3 weeks
    Day In the RP: Friday, July 10th, 2015
    Time in the RP: Early Morning Hours
    Weather In Las Vegas: Thunderstorms
    Weather in Reno: Rainy
    Weather Wherever the Scientists are: Cloudy

Day We Start On: Friday, April 17th, 2015 12am (US Central Eastern Time)
    Day It Becomes Noon In The RP: Friday, April 24th, 2015 12am (US Central Eastern Time)
    Day We End With Night In This RP On: Friday, May 1st, 2015, 12am (US Central Eastern Time)

19. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Code Name: Snowfall
    Full Name: Alex Forrester
    Student I.D.: (Appearance): http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/275/4/4/card_mage_sword_man_by_longjunt-d4bdfmf.jpg
    Date of Birth: (mm/dd and age): 11/02 and 20
    Telepathist/Telekinetic?: Telepathist
    Personality: Alex gets tempered easily by the people around him, bu keeps his own emotions to himself. He tries to not get involved with other people, especially with people who have these powers because they die so easily from the Raven Sun. However, if he sees that someone is upset, he'll come up to them and ask them what's wrong.
    History: Alex has had a tormented history. When he told his parents about his powers at the age of 15 because of how much pain it was giving him, they pulled a gun out and tried to shoot him. They didn't like him very much to start with, but they also thought telepathics weren't supposed to be a part of this world. He ran away, never seeing them again, shocked that the people who have raised him would turn on him in the instant. He learned then not to get attached to anyone or they would just turn on him like his parents. Shortly afterwards, he found his way to the Academy, and has lived there ever since.
    Level of Abilities: 3
    Abilities:
    Level 1: Mind-reading, and Telepathic Speaking
    Level 2: Thought Manifestation, Psychic Torture, Emotional Manipulation, Psionic Induction
    Level 3: Psychosomatic Illusion
    Strengths: Can wield a sword.
    Weaknesses: Keeps to himself, not much of a team player as he doesn't trust many people.
    Role in the Academy: Job Hunter
    Hobbies: Walking, entering into other people's emotions, watching TV.
    Other Things Not Covered:

20. Maka Albarn It's called love

The character list is just grooooowing. xD I'm really happy. Accepted. Btw, the codename is just me saying a fancy name for username so we can keep track, but that's okay. xD

Gonna add characters in and update the job lists

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.