KHV Chorus is a musical collaboration/ongoing project with KHV members. Anyone can join. ANYONE. All you have to do is post the lines you want in the appropriate thread, record them, and send them to Jayn on time. You can find the songs we'll be singing here! There are no auditions, no microphone restrictions, and it doesn't matter if you think you're an amazing singer, or if your mic is fuzzy. All that's asked of you is that you have fun with it and turn your parts in!
RULESWhile this is a pretty lighthearted and fun project, we still have a few guidelines that you should try and follow for the best results!
- Have fun!
- Send your lines to chorus[at]kh-vids[dot]net in MP3 format OR provide a download link for Jayn in the appropriate thread.
- The lines in black should be recorded by everyone.
- Once a line is striked out, it means it's not available anymore.
- Please RESERVE your lines before you record. You can post in the thread with what lines you want.
- When you send your lines to Jayn, you must have your lines timed to the instrumental in ONE long file !TIMED TO THE INSTRUMENTAL! PLEASE DO NOT SEND JAYN YOUR LINES IN ONE FILE BACK TO BACK. INCLUDE THE SILENCES!
- Once again...TIME your vocals. Sing to the TIMING of the song. Sing to the song.
- Remember that we don't actually want to hear the song behind your vocals. If you sing along, wear headphones so your mic doesn't pick it up OR have the song really low while you record. If Jayn can hear it, the audience will too and that makes it sound bad.
- Please help fill out the song. If you have the time, please pick the maximum amount of parts. REMEMBER to record the BLACK LINES. Otherwise, when the chorus sings together, your voice and picture will not be included.
- Anyone can sing the black lines, even if no more lines are open, but I'm less likely to fit you into the video if the only thing you sang were the black lines. (When it's much harder to fit everyone in to begin with.)
- If you sing the entire song, send Jayn one version with JUST YOUR LINES and another with all of the lines. It's hassle to cut them up and the entire process takes longer.
- Pay attention to the notes at the top of every song. Jayn will tell you if it's okay to sing along with the original singer or if you should try to sing with the instrumental only. If you ever need a reference, just ask and Jayn will sing you one.
- If Jayn provides a reference for extras like harmonies and stuff, please follow it. Harmonies should be in-sync and they're more technical than ad-libs. Ad-libs you can have fun with and be individual about. Harmonies, however...Uniform and leveled.
- As for your picture/render, it's really helpful to pick one where the character is standing up. Head to toe is the best. It's better if there are no weapons or unnecessary...accessories. There should be absolutely no background. Noooo backgrounnnnd.
The purpose of this project is to help up us variety to the chorus as well as power through that list so we can get a chance at some other songs and keep the chorus alive and active!
Duet Roulette is a project in which you can sign up to sing a duet, trio or quartet with other KHV members! Maybe you'll make a new friend, hm? All you have to do is post in this thread after filling out the small form at the bottom of it. As usual, Jayn will be composing the video and mixing the vocals for you, so all you have to do is send in your parts to email@example.com. The finished product will be uploaded to our Youtube and posted on KHV.
The songs for these duets/trios/quartets will be pulled from our Pending list, helping us get through it faster. Songs that are done in a duet/trio/quartet can be re-suggested for our full chorus (everyone) when suggestions are opened up. (Which will also eliminate songs that no one really wants to do and are thus never re-sugessted, lolol.)
These projects will be complied in between our full chorus songs. For example, during our voting breaks, or when I'm receiving help with one of the full choruses and have more time. It's like a KHV Chorus spin off that'll ultimately bring us down to a more personal level while still maintaining the main idea.
Basically, there will be a specific amount of slots open for people to sign up. When you sign up, you can pick any song to sing, from the list of available songs below. First come first serve. The song options will be randomly pulled from out Voting and Suggestions list just like Duet Roulette. In some cases, we may have special themed Karaoke Nights (like serenade night, rockin' rock night, GANGSTA RAP NIGHT, etc.)
I will spend the time before Karaoke Night mixing all tracks/lines. On Karaoke Night, your songs will be played over the KHV radio. They will debut on the radio before YT. This way, it's in real time and everyone can hang out and enjoy the fun. Keep in mind that's what this is for. Fun. So it's okay if you have fun with your song or don't consider yourself the best singer in the world.
Unlike Duet Roulette, you don't have to sign up permanently if you want to participate. In summary, you'll just post here saying which song you would like. You sing the song, send your MP3 file (just you, no music, timed, just like KHVC) and it'll air on the listed date.
LIST OF COMPLETED WORKS
BE A MAN
SIMPLE AND CLEAN
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN OF ULTIMATE DESTINY
FRIEND LIKE ME
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU
AULD LANG SYNE
DON'T STOP BELIEVING
YOU'LL BE IN MY HEART
EVERYBODY LOVES ME
I'M GONNA BE ( 500 MILES )
UNDER THE SEA
STILL ALIVE - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION -
CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT?
WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS?
SHAKE UP CHRISTMAS