What RPs are you currently developing?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Boy Wonder, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Just as the title says, are there any RPs that you are making right now that you haven't posted yet?
    This thread's purpose isn't mean to advertise or recruit or any of that so please don't attack each other with 'CAN I JOIN PLZ?' It's simply meant to put your future RPs out there so people can keep a look out for them or give thoughts. Think of it as preadvertisement.

For me, I have two in production.
    One's called The Kids Aren't Alright (named after The Offspring song). It's about a group of kids (who will collectively be known as the Offspring (just like the band).
    Every summer, the kids' parents bring them to a secluded resort-like cabin so they can catch up. They give kids the rest of the cabin. Of course, the kids hate this. They'd rather be doing summer stuff with their friends. One of the kids overhears his parents talking about how the kids have superpowers but their memories are erased. When the powers are activated, the kids are thrown into war with their megapowerful parents while being on the run from authorities (and their parents), having to deal with developing powers, and figuring out the truth about their existence. The powers are structured around the family's 'God Genes' which are based on different themes (Machine, Vampire, Demon, Animal, Element, Magic).

Power Rangers: Cyber Fury is my second one.
    It's a Power Rangers RP about a cyber world and mechanical bad guys. The five main heroes have to deal with being new Rangers and stopping the bad guys while a duo of other rangers (Black and White) try to stop the bad guys their own way, even if it means beating down the main Power Rangers.

2. Jayn

As of now, Bushy-Brow-1992 and I are creating a collaboration RP. Not sure what it'll be called yet. I feel weird explaining the plot, exactly, but it has to do with an academy. And demons. And...Well...More.

I have ideas for a lot. But I don't really feel like putting them out there yet. I'm kind of like you, Bueno, in that I like making them more than I like actually role playing. So if I could, I would just make a bunch of role plays and have people join, but not actually join myself.

3. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Yeah, as Jayn said, we're both working on a collaboration RP together.
    We won't go too into it here, you'll have to wait for the OOC thread to be posted for that ;)
    But yeah.
    Meanwhile I have a few other ideas for RPs but dunno if I'll ever use them as of yet...
    I know I have a lot of notes for a Naruto RP I was preparing ages ago... but yeah lol
    To be honest, I've found that I rather like helping others with things as they make their RPs. XD

4. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

My first RP has been slowly nurtured in a dark corner of my mind.
    It should be up in late July. Its tentatively titled The Survivor List, and it has to do with a desert, some kids, and a conspiracy.

5. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I've got a lot of RPs I've never bothered posting that just need rules. So, I can say that I have the following:
    A Demon's Souls RP (a prequel to the game)
    An Angel and Blade crossover
    Two Dragon Age RPs
    A lot of Digimon RPs
    A few Power Ranger RPs (mostly crossovers with other shows being the powers or zords, i.e. Digimon Power Rangers)
    A Mystic Knights RP
    And a bunch of Kamen Rider ones I'll never post (since there'll be a large lack of interest)

I'm tempted to make a Tiger and Bunny RP too.

6. Spaze Gummi Ship Junkie

I have this idea about making a roleplay called ɗʀəɑʍəsɔɑρə. It's basically a world that lucid dreamers go to as soon as they fall asleep, where they interact with other lucid dreamers. Then they wake up in the morning, go to school, and then recognize the dreamers from their dreams as classmates. They talk at school, go home, and then go right back to ɗʀəɑʍəsɔɑρə when they go to sleep. Each character had some sort of issue at home, so they used their dreams as an escape.

XD The plot is sketchy, so I dunno. I might assign roles and give them to people willing to act them out.

7. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    I tried something like that once before. I think I tried too hard to suit it into an action RP though :P seeing as that was what I was most interested in at the time (and still am, for the most part).

At the moment, I'm contemplating organizing something along the lines of combat-oriented RP event. Maybe some sort of tournament thing, mostly because it's quick and easy, but has the potential to reel in some interest, since I see a lot of people here that like action, and might enjoy just getting down to the grit.

8. program Twilight Town Denizen

I'm pretty sure thats a game, niGHTS Journey Into dreams XD But minus the whole morning thing and going back to bed.

I'm trying to work on something to do with pirates. So far I have little of a decent plot to keep the roleplaying going smoothly through.

9. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I've recently been giving some thought to trying another Danny Phantom RP; my reasoning for such an RP is long and emotional. (,: Last time, I had a really good one going but the people who were in either stopped posting or left site and it sadly died.... My idea for the plot for this one is different than my first, but I'm still worried that not many people would join and it would eventually fizzle out and die. ):
    I'm still putting together and OOC thread for it.

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I want to make an rp based on the crew of a ship (either boat or space ship) and the rp will tell 'the life and adventures of the crew of the...' (kinda star trek-esque). Anyway, if I did it as a boat, the plan is that a boat is inherited, they have to go out find crew and convince them to join her. Then it is an rp of their lives and adventures as they go out to face the world, where there is pirates and alsorts of things going against them. It will start out as a small ship with a small crew but as it goes on, their crew will get bigger, they will get more famous ect.

Alternitavely I would do something similar but in a futuristic setting about the crew of a space ship.

I've not done very much on this as yet and it needs a lot of developing but hopefully a good rp shall come out of it.

11. Pinekaboo Chaser

I have two that are currently little more than ideas, but have been discussed between me and my collaborators.
    First one is an alternate take on the universe of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, where the main characters family never got involved in events, and the OC's being users of the psychic powers that are used in the series.
    And the second is based off of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, with all of the OC's being mages. That one doesn't really have any set plotline yet though. All I know is that, like the show itself, a lot of stuff would end up blown up and people would be 'befriended'.

12. Doukuro Chaser

To those who've played Persona 3 can tell it is my current obsession so of course I am making a role play for it. But my describing things for fandom based role plays and such normally suck and even if I explain a lot of it, it will most likely appeal to those who played the game themselves... So if I don't find someone to help me with it then I may just give it up XD

Anyway...other than that I have nothing.

PS. You all have wonderful ideas. c:

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

-bump-

Well, with Peprika! and What?, I am currently developing a Roleplay based around the webcomic Homestuck (lolyea it's spread here too). For the most part, we're trying to keep things simple, and are working out the kinks of it (mainly how in depth some of the topics can be, how they can be slimmed down to be explainable, etc.) so that everyone tat would be interested can play, rather than just those who read it.

14. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

I've been trying to develop an idea to ease my way back to Real-Life RPs. I've got a good one about a group of special task-force detectives investigating a series of murders. It's more of a player limit (of about 4 or 5) than an open RP though. Strictly to get the narrative out. I've penned the first few scenarios, I just have to get the barebones stuff together.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Bump? Bump.

Currently working on a superhero RP titled Heroic Sanction. It's entirely OC-based, but is meant to imitate/parody the bigger comic book companies (Marvel and DC). Long story short is that the Heroic Sanction (the Justice League/Avengers of the team) are the most powerful superhero team (there's a total of 5) and have refused new members since their formation. Each of the Sanctioneers is supposed to play off of a superhero archetype, for example, mine is the speedster: a former motorcycle cop who was struck by lightning and gained superspeed, but only when he's on his bike. The government founded an organization to support the Sanction as well as a team for other heroes called the Justice Allies which has an open recruitment policy as opposed to the Sanction's "no new members" policy. Simultaneously, the bad guys have banded together to help each other out against the Allies and Sanction. Look for it soon 8D.

I've also been playing with several ideas such as an MMO RP where you play a normal human who plays an MMO....then I turned that into a fantasy RP where the story of the MMO is the actual universe, not a video game. I tried a steampunk vs. magic RP earlier that didn't work out and I've been trying to finetune it, but it's rather difficult. I've revamped both my old Pokemon and Digimon RPs, getting rid of the Gym Leader Challenge and making it more story based (Pokemon) and adding the other types of Digivolutions (Digimon), but I still don't like the end results.

16. Arch Mana Knight

Bump? Bump.

I'm making a Final Fantasy styled RP based off the mythology of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. It's not FFXIII, it's not Versus fanfiction turned into an RP, and it's not even a Type-0 RP. It's an original story(sort of).

For people not familiar with the "FNC" series, the basic mythology is that a god named Bhunivelze kills his mother then decides to find his way to the world of the dead so he can rekill her because he believes that she put a curse on the world of the living that will cause it to eventually die. So Bhunivelze creates beings called Fal'Cie to look after things and do work for him while he goes to sleep(guess he didn't want to look for the world of the dead himself). One is named Pulse, who is supposed to look for the door. Second is named Etro who turns out to look like Bhunivelze's mom so he gives her no powers. Third is named Lindzei who is supposed to protect Bhunivelze, the world of the living, and wake Bhunivelze up when Pulse finds the door. Etro kills herself because Bhunivelze basically made her useless and from her blood comes humans.

This is basically the setup of FFXIII, Type-0, and more than likely Versus. From there, all stories branch out to how the world would be. That's what this RP will do. Rather than have traditional Final Fantasy "spells" there'll be powers and every character will have powers based on one of eight elementals. Fire, Water, Ice, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Darkness, and Light. The setting will be closer towards the futuristic side of things and...that's all I've got.

17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Bump? Bump.

Currently developing a Final Fantasy Crossover RP taking elements and characters from FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXIII.

It takes place on the Planet from FFVII. Basic set up is that the villains from the afromentioned games proceed with their plans, but then end up working together.

18. Light-Rune Maven Seer

i have somethin thats kinda like that for a while but then its that they can do it cuase blah blah blah and they start traversing dimensions after a year or so...[DOUBLEPOST=1360294106][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ive played P3P (the boys story im still working on the girls.

19. Doukuro Chaser

Ah...such an old post. So done with Persona rps right now even though I love them, it's just because they never work well when made. Wanted to see if there was any interest in a mech/future one but seems to be none so maybe I'd aim for Alphas...? Or Dragon Age...

Actually had quite a bit of ideas and desire to post certain rps but since my rps never really take off anymore I've been too discourage to. There's only the SAO RP and that's probably because the anime was/is popular and I don't want to rely on popularity.

20. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Bump? BUMP? BUMP? CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! Bump.
    I'm currently working on one where the Organization XIII runs a bar called "Fate" and some slightly more virtuous characters from KH, FF, and Disney run a family restaurant called "Fortune". It's not going to be your usual "[KH-Characters] Get a job" sort of sitcom though, because it's going to be be very immersive and have a levelling system to make things easy, interesting, and progressive. There's missions for serving guests at each establishment, and there's a big system of perks and penalties for doing good and bad things as characters. The more you play, the better your character gets at their job, and the more you help your "team" in winning over the opposition. It'll be called "Fate & Fortune" and should be up later today, or sometime this week, depending on whether or not I can finish the touches on some of the more advanced systems.

Just to clue everyone in, the teams are equal, and even though the jobs aren't the same on both sides, nobody really has an advantage over the other; and if one team gets a big leap over another team, I'll non-partially tossle things up to make the game more interesting.

Other features to look for:
    Friend System- Make friends with other characters officially to increase your productivity and how fast you level up!
    Reputation System- Balances out the Friend System. Everyone starts out neutral, but depending on how you use the "Hiring System", you go up or down in reputation towards Good or Bad respectively. Believe it or not, it even pays for a Nobody to have a good reputation; in this game, it's a relative attribute.
    Hiring System- Hire Heroes or Villains from down "Heroes Way" or "Rogues Gallery" and increase or decrease your reputation in-game. Sometimes, it's necessary to hire Fix it Felix!'s Felix Jr. in order to repair some damages caused by an opposing team's attempt to sabotage your establishment by them hiring someone down Rogues Gallery.
    Banking System- Headed by Scrooge McDuck, here's where every player's munny goes as soon as they earn it in game. Munny can be used to buy things from bonuses, to perks, pets (eventually) and house decor (As soon as housing becomes available.) Treasurers in both respective establishments go here in order to acquire loans for expansion.
    Expansion- Automatically buy up to a certain level of perks for employees, or increase the amount of tables you have, among other things, in order to increase revenue.

It's all going to be very intricate and about as fun as my imagination (And hopefully yours too!) will allow.
    Link for sign-ups here: http://kh-vids.net/threads/fate-fortune-sign-ups.138139/