Translated Kingdom Hearts x message reveals future connections

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]
    Set before the Keyblade war, Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] has shown us little on it's contribution to the series as a whole. The latest content update shows more enigmatic message left behind by the foretellers has some value into the future outcome of the keyblade war and possible connection to Kingdom Hearts III.

Translation credited to Goldpanner and image courtesy of KHInsider.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jan 24, 2014.

1. 61
      Not quite sure what this is but it's exciting nonetheless. Curious as to what these means and I hope it will be explored.
    2. exile0025
      exile0025
      .......what?
    3. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Hmm, there's nothing really new from that passage. The underlined quote referring to the events of the Keyblade War were already explained in BBS. Unless... the worlds will meet the same fate in KH3?
    4. Calxiyn
      Calxiyn

That's what I was thinking. I don't think Square would want to go down that path with KH3... Then again... they're always so full of surprises.
    5. Antidote
      Antidote
      Yeah, this seems like it's reaching a little far to me, and there's nothing that we don't really already know.

I still don't understand why they're using a little-known iOS game to try and make allusions towards KHIII...
    6. Heart2Heart
      Heart2Heart
      Well it sounds like it's generally just trying to explain that the cards in the game refer to characters who haven't appeared yet
    7. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I've been thinking about this passage for a few hours now, and how it's supposed to tie-in to KH3. I think I have a theory...

What if at the end of KH3, Xehanort and his 12 other selves are indeed defeated for good, but the 7 guardians of light were too late in preventing the darkness plunging all worlds into darkness once again, leading into the next saga, which would likely involve trying to fix the state of the worlds and putting everything back the way it was.
    8. Misty
      Misty
      This would be awesome.
    9. Anixe
      Anixe
      I'm thinking this would relate more to future games other than Kingdom Hearts 3, kinda like what Nomura said about there being plans for an expanded universe or something. Maybe a tinier connection in KH3 but something more in the games after that.

Other than that, let's have this come internationally~
    10. Heart2Heart
      Heart2Heart
      Who is the one follower who did not get a tome of prophecy? Could it have been Eraqus & Xehanort's Master?
    11. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I assumed he/she was a character in KH x (didn't play it myself). But if this person wasn't seen in the game, then I'm curious as to whether this is the KH3 connection Nomura talked about.
    12. KeybladeMasterJoe
      KeybladeMasterJoe
      Maybe it could have been Yen Sid, I mean none of the games ever went into deep detail about him and he is a retired keyblademaster if I remember correctly.
    13. Twero
      Twero
      Hm, not quite sure. If you consider what happens in the begin of the very first KH, the worlds statrted to get swallow to the darkness and Sora and cia. stopped it.

If this is going to happen in a larger scale in the KH III, so be it.
    14. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      But the passage seems to actually refer to what happened in the Keyblade War, because it mentions the "destruction of the Light"
    15. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      I still don't think this game has any true connection to the rest of the series. It's inconsistent with things already set within the canon.
    16. Misty
      Misty
      The problem that I think will plague the Kingdom Hearts series as it expands is that there isn't really an official stance on what is and isn't canon. It hasn't really been an issue until Chi, but if the series continues its current trajectory either Nomura or the fans will have to make some choices.
    17. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      But it's already been set in stone that Emblem Heartless didn't come into existence until long after the Keyblade War, yet KHX for whatever reason has Emblem Heartless as enemies to fight.
    18. Dredica
      Dredica
      Okay, I honestly think that's pushing the whole what's canon or not canon idea. They're just enemies being fought. It'd be difficult to come up with a whole new enemy just for, again, an iOS game that most of the casual fanbase isn't even going to hear of.
    19. Twero
      Twero
      But still, they don't need to go against what the other games said.

In Birth By Sleep, there wasn't any heartless, just Unversed.

In 3D, the darkness appears as the Nightmares of the Dream Eaters.