The Mortal Instruments

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    On the way towards their goal, Roxanne prattled on about various things, mostly around gymnastics or ice cream. Really anything to keep her distracted and happy, that was her goal right now. The less she had to face reality the better. Sure it might have been annoying but she felt it was better this than freaking out, that might now have been as safe for anyone. She had to keep her wits about her, even though she didn't know what she was supposed to do with herself, and that bothered her, a lot.

Reaching their destination, the group entered though the front door, and Roxanne halted her talking as Hendrick expressed his thoughts on something not being right. Roxanne agreed with him, it almost seemed too quiet to her. And of course their suspicions proved correct when a woman emerged from the shadows, circling them, examining them. Roxanne's hand found her stele rather quickly, but she didn't draw it just yet. While She felt they were in danger, especially with the way that the woman referred to her. Drawing a weapon might make things worse, and Brianne had warned her about thinking before she ever used it. It was the ne command she was given when the stele was passed on.

"Please don't hurt them. Let him talk." Roxanne requested, really having noting else to offer in this situation. She couldn't start a fight yet, and she was to afraid to actually try to make a deal with them, especially when it hit her that the reason she was in trouble with Corvo was for killing two beings that she was not supposed to, and those beings were Vampires. Now she was standing in the home of the Vampires. The fear of it all caused Roxanne to freeze up, as she wondered if Corvo would hand her over to them in order to make his deal. She realized then that she was scared to die.

2. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas Nightwine
    Nick was suddenly brought out of his interest in his phone as Morrigan approached, for a split second he looked at her with worry, before his face suddenly broke into a smile, seemingly unfazed by her serious tone
    "Of course" He said politely, but in his mind conflicts were arising. He paused for a moment, indecisively, before continuing "Can we have some privacy?" As he spoke his eyes flickered towards the city. They'd better arrive soon.

Masque
    Masque blinked in surprise as Alarick wandered away, seemingly ignoring him. Hunched over and slightly paranoid, Masque followed. He rushed to catch up with the shadowhunter "Are... are you going to let me go free?" He hesitantly asked. He whipped his head around suddenly to look at Morrigan, who seemed to be confronting someone else. She was angry, it didn't look good on her. He turned back to Alarick again and noticed the warlock had also arrived. Withdrawing slightly from the warlock Masque turned to Alarick almost pleadingly "Can... can I go home now?"

Paragon
    In the heart of Paragon's HQ, there was a dark office in which sat the orchestrator of the faction. The fey steepled his fingers and stared at the various screens, each of which showed an interesting scenario. In the Seelie Court Titania seemed to be making preperations. Outside Hestia's apartment his demons had arrived. All over the city werewolves were getting ready to claim their right to become alpha. This, Paragon thought, would be interesting.

White Queen and Black Rook
    Elizabeth and John sat in the lush forest, enjoying the wildlife and simply looking around at what there was.
    "This Gaia woman is wasting our time, she can't be that busy" Elizabeth scowled. John simply looked at her with a raised eyebrow
    "I don't know about that, she is, like, mother of fairies. Motherhood has a lot of responsibility I guess?" he shrugged
    "She's not the literal mother of all fairies" Elizabeth laughed slightly "...At least I don't think so"
    "Either way, does this mean she's related to Paragon?"
    "I guess... that's wierd to think about"
    "I didn't really ever think the old guy had any family. I always assumed he killed them all" John mused. Elizabeth snickered in response
    "We probably shouldn't be talking badly about people more powerful than ourselves" she chuckled
    "Hey, if Paragon fires you, then I'll quit too" John replied with seriousness. Elizabeth smiled
    "How sweet"

Gord Gottwell/Abyzathilad
    Gord smiled. He was slightly fazed by the fact the warlock knew they were demons so quickly, but didn't let it show.
    "How lovely to meet you, of course we'll make it quick" Gord began. As he spoke, his words worked magic in the warlock's mind. He projected a haze into Hestia's mind, a haze that could blank out her thoughts and make her submit to his every whim "We have simply come to meet Brienne Lightwood and we would be honoured if you could guide us to her" His onslaught of words attempted to batter down her mind, though he could tell she was strong of will and would not be easily won over. Gord enjoyed a challenge. "You see, we can help her. She is in such a terrible state right now, caught between nephilim and werewolves. In fact, we're not sure if she'll survive. At least, not without our help. That is why we're here" his final words were filled with the magic needed to win over the warlock's mind as he struggled his hardest to make her submit.

Cassandra
    "Preparation, yes. very wise" Cassandra noted as she drank "Of course, I prefer more discreet means. You see, I obviously cannot fight very well. Not in either form. I'm consigned to this wheelchair and missing a leg. Not to mention I'm not the most athletic werewolf. But that's not to say I don't have a few tricks up my sleeve. The position of shaman in werewolf packs is disappointingly underused. I intend to change that" She smiled secretively as she spoke "As for Grayson, last I heard he was actually back around, trying to rebuild his pack. Of course, as I said, I disagree with infighting... but Grayson may be an exception. I know he'd make the decision to kill us in a heartbeat. Maybe somebody should make the first move..." Cassandra let the implications of her words hang in the air as she smiled conspiringly.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  3. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Sien waited a bit to see if Alarick would answer his question, though it soon was clear that he wasn't going to get one right now. Was there a lot on his mind right now or did he just not want to answer right now. He wondered as to which one it was as he followed behind him towards Hestia's residence. He couldn't deny that he was still curious as to what Alarick planned on doing with what Gaia had told him due to his request, but if he wasn't going to share that information then he might as well go back to thinking up a good way to use his new bow.

[​IMG]

Waking up in someone else's residence was a bit odd, but nevertheless Creed soon made his way out of the guest room he had stayed in and headed down the hall. Along the way he say that the door he remembered dropping off Clairty in was a lit in flames. Hesita must not want them to disturb her while she's gone then. Well he certainly wasn't going to try and pass through the fire. Instead he continued walking down the hall until he was in the living room. Turns out the door to the room that Brianne was in was just like Clarity's. Looks like he would have to wait until he could ask Hestia about Brianne's current condition.

On the way back to his residence, Valister had taken a quick glance towards the arm that had been broken during one of Gaia's trials. For the most part his own vampire healing had taken care of most of the work while Gaia's magic simply took care of the rest. Now it was like it had never been broken in the first place, shown by how the vampire was able to it with ease. It certainly was nice to not have to have the use of both his arms now.

4. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

They stood within the room and then the whispers were heard. He followed the shadow with his eyes as it circled around them until she stood back. Corvo took the word for their group, Hendrick already noted the diplomatic tone that he had used. "We apologise for the Intrusion, Madam. We should have arranged a meeting, but there simply was no time." Hendrick said apologeticly. Standing with Corvo and Roxanne. He noticed something was off about the girl. He gave her a glance, looking her in the eyes, his own carrying a re-assuring look. He felt his phone buzz but at this moment they needed to remain as non-threatening or demanding as possible. Roxanne's seemed to be a particular pain point. If this was about the death of vampires his hands weren't clean either.

Aethelrick stood there waiting for an answer with Alarick staring at him, there was something in that look... something he couldn't place... Not getting an answer wasn't really all that helpful, luckily he asked Ash too. He was allowed to stick around with them which was appreciated. Aethelrick brought up the rear of the group as they traveled to their destination sticking to himself mainly, keeping an eye out for any form of welcoming party. He had notified Hendrick of their return in New York, now it was just the time to wait.

Shadi listened to what Gaia had to say. "I understand, your grace. I shall remain by your side, serving you like I have for all these years. I may not be a Seelie Knight, but I shall fight for my queen if it is required." The Ifrit said, keeping his hand on the hilt of his Shotel, his skill with it refined over his ages of practice.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce ignored Cin, ignored all else but the slow march forward. She couldn't have said where she was going, why she was going there but for the strange pull that she felt, the magic that locked who she was inside and allowed only the onward walk. She had never been to New York, never left Alicante that she could recall, and besides her inspired walk to Corvo's apartment in order to join forces with him, she hadn't seen much else of the city. She turned onto an older street, what appeared to have been part of the old New York, with cobblestone streets barely preserved and vines growing on the brick buildings. Onwards she walked, the fear she felt causing her to scream internally, but her lips pressed together and unable to make a sound.
    [​IMG]
    Hestia folded her arms across her chest, watching the demon, his companion, and the two vampires. His words were like oil, sliding over her skin and leaving a greasy stain. She could have dealt with it, could have just let the words wash away and turned him down, then walked back in her apartment and taken the hottest shower she could stand. She could have interrupted him, and simply walked back inside. But then the demon put his damn influence into her mind. Or tried. Really, did he think he was the first to have done so?
    For one wild moment, Hestia thought about holding Gord down, and calling her father right then and there. The two had become much closer since her gravitation to a position of power, making even a Greater Demon happy to call her his blood. She had learned about her mother through him, about their brief, but seemingly happy relationship, her mother's life and death, and some of the memories missing from her own mind. He had learned about her, and come to see her as his true born child. It was an odd relationship, but a working one. And he would not be pleased to know lesser scum had touched his only daughter. But she decided against it. Instead, she chose to deal with it herself, as Gord prodded particularly hard at the barriers of her mind. The cat next to her hissed and arched its back as she stepped forward, her eyes glowing. "I'd say how dare you, but you're a demon. Not known for being particularly smart." Slamming her hands together, the air around them exploded into fire, a cyclone of heat and flame swirling around them. The vampires were incinerated within seconds, never standing a chance. Yuri wouldn't mind.
    The cyclone split into two, one wrapping around Slavko, the other around Gord. "Normally, I would bring you before my father. Give you a fair trial in your world. But you caught me at a bad time." Squeezing her first, she let the pressure eat away at them before turning around. "Enjoy." The door unlocked, and she and the cat strolled inside, shutting it with a finality behind her. Sighing, she pressed her forehead to the cool wall, taking a deep breath to calm the fire that still raged inside of her. She couldn't bring that back into her house. She couldn't afford to redecorate twice in one year. Walking to the phone that the ifrit kept in his office, she dialed a number, and spoke quietly into the receiver. "I have a request."
    [​IMG]
    Titania strolled through the streets, unseen by mundanes, followed by her small army. She smiled to herself as she made her way to the one place she had never dared. But today was a day for new things, for adventures and bravery and foolhardiness. If she wasn't going to survive, then she might as well do as much damage as she could. And if she did survive, well..no one would soon forget. Coming to a stop in front of the Institute, Titania's smile grew into a wide grin as she looked up at the old spires, the centuries of architecture that had withstood the weathering of time. All it took was a little storm to put things into a new perspective.
    Raising her arms, she let the vines underneath the ground heed her call and grow. Even the smallest of plants could make the difference, and they were everywhere. Truly, her mother had wasted her abilities with trying to help people. This was true power. The earth began to rumble under the feet of the Seelie Knights, who didn't move a muscle. They were trained to withstand such things. Nothing seemed to happen until one of the stones in the pillar cracked, the smallest line in the hardest of material. And then the vines emerged like a green explosion of vindictive aggression from the earth, shattering windows, breaking rock and stone, and groaning under their own weight. As she brought the Institute down, Titania's laughter could be heard amidst the crashing and rumbling as she destroyed the Nephilim's sanctuary, killing any that remained inside. Once the dust had settled, she turned to the Seelie Knights. "Burn it." She told them, before turning away and following the thin tendril of magic that bound her to Luce. She had told Glynda to follow the angel girl, but she didn't trust the woman to recapture her. She would watch, and only intercede if necessary.
    [​IMG]
    Gaia watched Shadi, listened to his response, and then nodded once. "As you please." She turned to Masque, her green eyes glinting slightly before turning away. "Though I would ask you remain with him, wherever he goes. I shall wait here, until Titania has worn herself out, and the dust has settled. I do not want unnecessary bloodshed on either side, not when some of them might see reason. After all, fear is her way. Not mine." She placed her fingers against the trunk of the willow, glancing to Nick and Morrigan. "We must all abide by our choices, after all." She murmured, before turning to Shadi. "I know how to find you, should I need you."

[​IMG]
    Alarick ignored Sien, not because of any ill will against the warlock, but because it was simply a rude question. He hadn't asked about any of theirs, nor why they had wanted them, but they had the audacity to ask him about his? Simply because he hadn't been ashamed to speak his wish out loud? Hearing Ash voice the same question, Alarick paused and turned to him, dark eyes cold. They wandered back for a moment to where Morrigan and Nick were speaking, and narrowed, before turning back to Ash. "Why would I answer you, when you didn't even have the courage or the conviction to speak your question out loud? Do not mistake our shared journey for camaraderie. After this event is over I will be taking my sister and we will be removing ourselves from this situation. You and your associates have already destroyed her life enough." And I want nothing more to do with this. Turning away, Alarick continued his walk into the city pausing as Masque walked up to him. "You are not free. You will choose to remain with the fairy who has claimed your life right, or you will remain with me. But choose quickly, and then be done with it. If you decide to run, I will use all the authority I have left bestowed by my own people and the Angel Raziel to execute you where you stand."
    Alarick turned then, and walked away, ignoring all else. He had nothing to say to them.
    [​IMG]
    Morrigan felt anger then. How could he be so casual about this? Was it the Nephilim in him? He thought it was okay to know secrets, to find things out, because he was better then them? She reached out, her nails digging into his arm as she dragged him away. "How. Do. You. Know." She hissed, struggling to contain herself. She had kept quiet this entire time, done as she was asked and told and needed and now she wanted answers, and he was acting like nothing was wrong. After this, after finishing Titania and restoring balance, she would take Ash up on his offer, and leave. Go back to her homeland, where it was peaceful and she could hear the ocean. She wanted nothing more to do with these smug Nephilim and their self righteous ways.

The vampire looked from one to the other, one fang curving out from under her lip in a menacing sort of smile. "Oh yes, you all want, want, want. Like little children, clinging to their mother's skirts, crying for more toys, more food. Never grateful." Sighing, shrugging her shoulders, she turned. "I'll enjoy watching His Majesty tear you to pieces." And with that, she walked deeper into the hotel, towards an elevator. Pressing her fingers to the buttons, she typed in the code faster then the eye could travel. Even if the Nephilim were foolish enough to try and break in, they wouldn't get far. "I've heard Angel blood is delicious enough to die for. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to get a taste." She purred, glancing back at the group before stepping into the elevator.

"It's not too late, if you'd like to spare yourselves you could stay." She told them with another shrug, waiting for any who wanted to step into the old fashioned elevator before closing the gate and lowering the lift downwards. Once they reached the bottom, she paused before a single, black door, another smile fluttering across her face. "Welcome to His Majesty's court." She pushed open the door, and gestured for them to walk inside before slipping away into the darkness.

Inside was a large courtroom, filled with hissing whispers and glowing red eyes that watched any movement. Shadows could be seen, moving to and fro in a pacing manner, though none moved far enough to touch the blood red carpet that led the way to the throne, where Yuri, King of the Vampires, rested. His hand was nonchalantly placed under his chin, elbow leaning on the chair, as he watched the guests enter with sharp eyes.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  6. Arch Mana Knight

Ash kept silent, his concentration focused on something else. He already knew of Alarick's current mood given what had happened to Brianne and did not expect the young nephilim to understand, or more accurately, care about, the gravity of the grander schemes at play by the various forces at work. Once he saw to Clarity's well-being, he would then concern himself with the matter of Brianne's transformation and the choosing of the new Alpha. He closed his eyes for a moment to gain a clearer picture. Of course, this current plan was all assuming more trouble did not arise from the wild "pieces" on the board.

Allowing Alarick to deal with Masque as he saw fit, for the time being, Ash glanced over at the other nephilim
    Aethelrick. "When we arrive, mind your manners around Hestia. No doubt current circumstances have worn her patience thin and I would rather not have to watch your ashes be swept off her floor. She's tamer than Titania or Yuri but I would not recommend testing the limits of her hospitality." Ash paused briefly, considering another matter. It could wait until they arrived. His eyes followed after Alarick who had already picked up his pace to get away from them, his own patience clearly at its end. Ash followed after, going silent.

[​IMG]

Cin began to change his motions in following after Luce the longer he did so. The more he observed her the more apparent it seemed that she appeared to be in a trance of sorts, being pulled by some unknown entity towards an unknown location for unknown reasons. There were too many unknowns for him to be comfortable in allowing this to continue. He picked up his pace to catch up to the girl, noticing the gradual shift as the farther they walked the more decrepit the buildings around them became.

The ex-knight took a long stride to cross the distance between himself and
    Luce to reach out and grasp her tightly by her upper arm. "You've gone far enough." Cin eyed the overgrowth that emerged through the cracks in the stone around them. Cautiously, he drew the shorter of his blades with his free hand. "I don't know what has gotten into you but wandering about like this after we had just escaped is not a wise move." The fairy tugged at Luce's arm to get her moving in the opposite direction. He wanted to be as far away from wherever she had been leading them as quickly as possible. Cin's grip tightened on Luce's arm on the off chance she was willing to fight him on this.

[​IMG]

Rhett watched as Creed popped into the living room, looking a little more patient than he did on waiting to get the doors opened. "Any clue where Hestia went?" Rhett placed his phone down on top of the book he was planning on skimming over as he rolled his shoulders back and began to stretch. His new injuries from Titania had already formed noticeable bruises when he checked as soon as he had awoken but the felt as if they were already healing nicely. He took up his phone and sat down to take the time to send a message en masse to gather any and all werewolves who would still follow him. It was not a dramatic gesture but given Titania's little "squeeze the werewolf" stunt he was not willing to go out in the open and risk getting her attention again so soon. She wanted Brianne and, to some extent, him. It was just smarter to stay out of sight at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  7. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Perhaps, we shall see." Corvo replied tersely. The Inquisitor stepped into the elevator, displaying no fear for what was to come. They were here to negotiate with Yuri and they would do it and secure some sort of alliance. They had to. If they didn't, then the true enemy would gain more power and they would be less well prepared to face her when she came. He remained quiet and stoic, not responding to the taunts about sparing themselves and staying behind. If any of them chose to, he wouldn't begrudge them, but this was something he had to do. When the elevator gate closed, he did feel a sense of trepidation. They were headed into enemy territory now. It felt claustrophobic in the elevator, and even Corvo knew that they were completely at the vampires' mercy now. If they were lucky, they might make it to the elevator if it went wrong. if they were lucky. They arrived at the bottom and the black door was opened. He took a deep breath and exhaled it, quashing the nerves that he was starting to feel. He couldn't abide a situation where he had no control, but he was there on a mission. He broke his silence with a final order before they entered. "Don't do anything rash. We are at their mercy now."

He took a step into the room and immediately, a hundred alarm bells started ringing in his mind. The room was an assault on the senses. The flitting shadowy figures pacing around the room, drawing close but never on to the carpet that led towards the throne room. The sounds of whispering and hissing, the feeling of dozens of eyes all on them. The imposing figure on the throne in front of them, the Vampire King who held no love for their kind. Despite the size of the room, Corvo felt oppressed and very alone, even with Hendrick and Roxanne behind him. Even the chambers of the Queen of the Fae felt less dangerous than this place. He forced himself to take more steps into the room. They had a mission. They had to stop Titania, avenge the damage done to Yorick's mind and he had to reform the Clave. There was a lot to do, and he could achieve nothing if he failed his mission here. He looked up at the King of Vampires on his throne.

"My greetings to you Yuri, King of Vampires." He gave a respectful bow to the King, though his tone was not obsequious. "I am Corvo Eismauer, Inquisitor of the Shadow Hunters. With me are Hendrick and Roxanne, two of my fellow Nephilim. We thank you for allowing us this audience." As far as he was concerned, he had to show respect.
    "We have come here to discuss terms for a potential alliance against a common foe."

[​IMG]

Glynda soon departed with the Seelie Knights, heading for the Institute as she was commanded. Even though she was considering her options and felt a distinct sense of turmoil, she knew that to disobey the Queen at this juncture would be suicide. She had to do what she was ordered, and she might be able to make a difference from the inside. If she was wanting to get her prisoner back, then she might be able to get her out at a later date given the chance. It would depend on Gaia and what she did. She wouldn't throw her life away for this though, not yet. Glynda made swift progress towards the Institute, unseen by the humans as she headed for the Institute of the Nephilim where she would find her target waiting. She hoped.

[​IMG]

"If the mad wolf dares come for me then he'll find his match, but I don't need to resort to brawling behind the scenes to beat him at the moot."
    Karl replied. "That's not how I operate. We won't unify against the dangers of the Fae with that sort of attitude. I respect the wisdom you possess, but such a thing is not in line with how I am. If it comes to it, I shall face him before the whole moot. Until then..." Fighting Grayson wasn't going to help him. In fact, as far as he was concerned waiting until such a time that the Mad Wolf made his own challenge was more beneficial for him. At the moot he'd show himself, and Karl would prove himself his match if it came to that. Even if he did manage to win them over without fighting Grayson, he suspected that the old Alpha would not so easily accept his demotion...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Opting to keep her moth shut the rest of the time, Roxanne stood in silence with her eyes downcast. On every side of things she was in trouble, there was no changing that fact. It was better to not say or do anything unless told to, it was the best way to keep herself out of trouble. To keep herself alive. Shut up and follow orders, she could do that. It might be hard at times, but she was sure she could manage. This time more was at stake than just being scolded or told she couldn't do missions for a while. This time, the cost of slipping up or letting her mind go off on it's own could lead to death. She had to leash things in, even if that left her feeling confused and empty. It was the safe way to go. Even if it didn't feel like she was actually there anymore, that was a price that she was willing to pay.

Though her brain screamed at her to take the threat to heart and not enter the elevator, she decided to go against that part of her and stick close to those she trusted instead. After
    Corvo had suffocated her and nearly handed her over to Tatania last time she went off on her own, she was quite hesitant to do that again. Especially if she was left waiting by herself in the home of the vampires. That was why she chose to follow close behind Corvo, standing near him and Hendrick.

Entering the courtroom her eyes shifted from the floor to the dark shadows moving across the walls. The red eyes that stared her down. It took a lot of control to keep herself from reaching for her blade. She didn't want to just go all out and kills them, but she was nervous and wanted it for self defense. That however might just provoke them more. Roxanne's hand clenched and unclenched at her side as she looked at Yuri, then back down. She did not bow to him but she did not speak to him either or let her gaze linger for too long.

[​IMG]
    With everything organized, Felicia set out of the warehouse, escorted by some of Rhetts wolves. When she was done chewing out Rhett, then she would return to her pack, by that point they should be back together, but for now she had some questions. Not only about his choice in actions, but also in everything that happened. From near the end of the battle up to the point she woke up was hazy. She needed a first hand account, and one thing she did remember was sending both her and Rhetts pack inside, so they wouldn't have seen as well.

She soon reached the location that
    Rhett was apparently at. Standing outside the apartment building she instructed one of Rhetts wolves to text him and inform him of her arrival. Felicia didn't care if he came out to talk, or if she went in, but she needed to get in first. At least she could be confident he wouldn't set a trap for her, because if he did, his wolves would soon meet their end. It wasn't that Felicia thought of them as hostages, or wanted to actually harm them, but if push came to shove, she was not going to lay down for him, so if that meant using his wolves as leverage, than so be it.

[​IMG]
    Slavko stood against the wall, looking as if he was cowering away from the big scary men. Playing the part of an innocent person who got caught up in a mess she didn't want to be in. For now it was probably the best role to take until they reached Brianne. He allowed Gord do all the talking in the meantime. After all, Slavko didn't really care that much for such a direct plan. There was no way in hell that he would take the lead in it.

Gord taking the lead didn't seem to go too well for them. Slavko noticed Hestia's anger, moments before flames wrapped around him. As the human body he possessed started to burn first, Slavko smiled as he let go of it. He couldn't escape the flames, but the twisted male actually enjoyed the pain as it bit down on him. It made him feel more alive.
    "In our next lives, don't come looking for me again. I might have to murder you myself if you do." Slavko grinned at Gord as the flames slowly claimed him. Slavko laughed slightly as death claimed him, letting the sound of his laugh be the last thing heard from him in this world.

9. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas Nightwine
    Nick stumbled after Morrigan in surprise as she dragged him away. Something he had done had caused her great anger somehow, and he honestly had no clue what it was. As she questioned him his brow furrowed and he thought back. How did he know? What did he know? Was it something to do with... oh. He stared into her face blankly. He knew about the plants, he knew about her magic. And he also knew she had been trying to hide it. In that moment Nicholas noticed several things. The first of these was everyone else walking away, they were completely alone here. The second was a black truck driving towards them. It was still a little distance away, but Nick knew who was in it. He turned back to Morrigan with a sad look as he reached for his phone "I'm sorry" He murmured. The purple eye logo appeared on his phone screen. Behind Morrigan blue energy manifested and Paragon appeared, gun raised.

Paragon
    As soon as he got the signal from Nicholas, White Knight, Paragon traversed through the internet to appear by his phone, behind the fairy. He raised a gun. "If you do not resist you will not be hurt, Miss Moonsong" He said unemotionally. This girl was just another step towards their goal, Paragon didn't care for her life. What was the life of one fairy against the wellbeing of all downworlders?

Masque
    Masque blinked and cowered away from Alarick. As he walked away, Masque turned and went back to Morrigan, who appeared to be dragging the nephilim away. Slowly and cautiously Masque melted into the shadows and watched. When the strange figure appeared he did not react, not even when Morrigan's life was threatened. Slowly and carefully he pulled out his pistol and aimed.

The more Hestia spoke, the angrier Gord became. he tried not to let this anger show, until she began to summon fire. How could she resist his magic? A thousand mortals, warlocks, vampires, werewolves, nephilim and even fairies had submitted to his will in the past, yet this one ignored him? And now even this pathetic wretch was taunting him, as fire began to swirl around him. The flames burned at his skin, and Abyzathilad screeched, a loud ear piercing screech of agony and rage. But in the midst of this fire the human form began to burn away, pasty skin gave way to pitted red hide. It was time to remove this facade. Crimson claws burst from the demon's hands, the suit burned away and revealed a massive maw in the demon's stomach. At last the face melted away to reveal a bulbous head with a wide mouth, filled to the brim with razor teeth. The face now had four eyes, and huge red ram horns. With a roar, the fire was dissipated, and from the smoke stepped forward this horrific obese creature, shuffling forward on powerful legs. Its skin with charred and smoking, but it wore a determined grin. "I was born in fire, I shall not die in it!" it roared as it clawed at the door and began to consume it.

Cassandra
    Cassandra kept a level expression as Karl spoke "Perhaps you are correct" she stated "You're an interesting man Karl. I had heard tales of the viking wolf from across the sea, I thought you were a bloodthirsty berserker. It appears I have been proven wrong, you have a certain level of caution" She smiled slyly "Unification against the fey? Interesting. Titania is indeed a megalomaniac tyrant, but it has always been the nephilim who have oppressed our species, and the rest of the downworlders, throughout history. Why is your grudge against the fey?"

10. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

The Ifrit listened to his queen's response. "As you wish, your grace." He replied simply to her request of him staying with Masque. He knew she could find him no matter where he went, it was rather comforting to know to have someone so powerful at your back, knowing how to reach out to you if it were necessary. "Good luck, my Lady." Shadi said, before turning and following Masque, staying by his side a friendly look on his face, he frowned after Alarick's outburst, division within the group, not preferable but nothing he could do to restore it. He was a Downworlder and an Ifrit at that, given the outburst he doubted that Alarick would even consider his opinion. Shadi stayed with Masque, as he went back to Morrigan who was dragging off one of the Nephilim, more division. Then it all happened rather quickly, Masque seemed to have disappeared and a strange person stood behind Morrigan, where had he come from? Shadi had to act... Masque couldn't have disappeared into thin air, meaning he was probably still close by and he knew he would lose valuable time trying to find him if he intervened in the situation down the road but he could not stand idly by, he went over, keeping a hand on the hilt of his shotel.

Aethelrick watched the scene caused by the question from Ash and shook his head, this wasn't a time where they could cause division within the group but as Alarick walked away, Ash came to him warning him about Hestia. "Understood, I'll keep a low profile, not cause any scenes, you know stay in the background. The prospect of being turned to ash doesn't seem attractive enough for me to provoke it." Aethelrick said, following Ash, the group started to scatter even more. Well there goes the unity we displayed earlier...

The Vampire certainly didn't hide her opinions about them and he couldn't really blame her, she was right. They had to tread lightly here, if anything happened there was no way they could stop it. Vastly outnumbered and at a disadvantage in regards to speed. Hendrick stepped into the elevator without hesitation, Corvo and Roxanne entered too. They rode the elevator down and Hendrick only nodded to Corvo's suggestion to not do anything rash, it kind of went without saying. Hendrick walked in, in the corner of his eyes he watched the flitting shadows. The hissing in the shadows was unsettling, as were the dozens of eyes that were upon them. But this had to be done. As Corvo introduced him, Hendrick bowed respectfully, letting Corvo take the word, listening carefully, ready to interject.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

With his mind still on how he would be able to use his bow, he only heard bits and pieces of what Alarick had said to Ash. What he had managed to hear served as support to his notice that he was irritated. There wasn't much that he could do about that at this moment, not that he could even think of anything at the moment. That was becoming a common occurrence of late. being unable to think of anything and thus being unable to provide any form of help. His request was made with the intent of resolving that, but there was only so much that a bow could do, especially given the conditions for it's use and practically nothing it could do in situations like this.

[​IMG]

Seeing as there was nothing that could be done about asking on Brianne's current condition, Creed opted to make note of his questions and save them for when Hestia got back from wherever it was that she had gone. Speaking of which, Rhett had asked him if he knew where Hestia had gone off too. In response he simply shook his head. "I haven't seen her at all."

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce had only been wishing for the movement to stop, to be back in control of herself. But the moment that Cin touched her, she immediately reversed her opinion. It felt as though thousands of needles had been shoved under her skin, burning and stabbing in a way that she couldn't ignore. Trying to squirm free of Cinead's grasp, she hissed in pain, unable to make any other sentient noise or words despite the enormous weight that felt to have fallen onto her because of the torment. Slowly, her feet continued in the direction they had meant to go, the magic far stronger then she or Cin could combat with mere words or strength of will. She dragged the fairy with her, one step at a time, her arm feeling as though it was about to snap in half. Even if it were to happen, it would be far less painful then what she was enduring now, with him trying to hold her back.

[​IMG]
    Yuri's eyes slid over the group with distaste evident on his face. "So this is the group the Nephilim sent to secure my assistance?" He asked, his voice quiet. Upon the sound of it echoing over the walls and chambers, the shadows on either side stood still, listening to their ruler. "All of them murderers. Perhaps that is the best sense of irony I've seen in all my years. After all, the truth always has a way of coming to the surface." His eyes glinted, the accented words sliding over the stone with ease to reach all ears. Leaning back in his chair, hands grasping the rests on either side, he directed his gaze at them now, analyzing them in the same way Gaia had, but with a cold authority and intense dislike. "Let us perhaps ignore that you did not wait for me to beckon you to me. As well as the lack of manners your companion has." His eyes rested on Roxanne for a moment. "After all, it can hardly be expected of Nephilim to have any sort of respect for someone not of their own." He turned his gaze back to Corvo.

"But I cannot ignore that you beg me for assistance when you murdered your own leader in cold blood. Were you advised to do so? By these two?" The twist in his mouth turned deeper, transforming into a scowl. "A good ruler knows to take his advisers' words into thought, but to also know what is good advice and what is bad. If you can so rapidly turn on one of your own, a benefactor who had served your kind well for many years, I can only imagine what you would do to one such as I, once I stopped serving a purpose." Leaning forward now, Yuri rose to his feet, black hair framing his face. "And once my people's blood is done being spilled for your cause. But please, tell me why I should help you. I look forward to your reasoning, murderer."

[​IMG]
    Hestia watched the demon with mild interest, twisting her lips as she tangled a lock of hair around her finger. "The longer I live, the more demons remind me of spoiled children. They lose their rationality the instant they don't get what they want. No wonder Father never wants anything to do with any of them. I know I'm certainly thankful I can't reproduce." She caught the ifrit smiling in response, and turned to the door, her feet padding through. "I miss the days when were was respect for the rules. Thank you for the use of your phone." She turned and walked back up to the elevator, flicking her wrist to add an extra barrier to the door. "That should hold him for now. I trust most of the occupants are being evacuated?" The ifrit nodded silently when she turned, and she smiled. "Good. I'll only be a few minutes. And then if Gord can pass this test...well I believe I'll let myself have a little fun, won't I?" Turning, she pressed the button to the elevator, taking it all the way back up to her home. The cat twined around her shoulders, purring even as the hackles along its back raised.

Entering the apartment, she snapped her fingers, recalling the fire from the doors to herself.
    "Good morning, gentlemen. We have an unexpected guest at our door, and he is not entirely welcome. Given the situation, I am going to seal all of you in here. Should you need to leave, you are free to disturb them. I wouldn't recommend doing so otherwise. They are both alive and breathing, and should be left alone unless absolutely necessary." Hestia wouldn't warn them again. It wasn't up to her to be their babysitter.

"Now then." She turned, and stalked off to her room to get properly dressed, and to re-connect with her family. Private business was best done in private, after all.

[​IMG]
    Gaia watched the group separate, taking note of Morrigan's plight as the grass whispered and spoke beneath her feet. It was not up to her to help the fairy, whatever their connection. Though she was disappointed in Nick, and with a sigh, erased his name from the mental list she had created in her mind. It seemed her favorites would now be one short. Hopefully the two she had left would prove up to the task, where their former teammate had already failed. "The folly of youth." She whispered, kneeling down to touch the worrying plants with her fingers. Morrigan was not meant to die, here or now. She would survive. And because Gaia wasn't interfering, didn't mean she couldn't send help. They were family, after all.

Plucking a flower from its resting place, Gaia gently blew onto the sweet smelling plant, the stem and petals turning into butterflies that flew towards the distressed fairy. The rest would be up to her.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan paused as Paragon appeared, and then she turned to Nick and laughed. "You're such a joke." She hissed, her hands tightening into fists. "Pretending to care about all of us. Saying you're all making the world a better place. I hope you live to watch it burn. I hope you lose everything. But most of all." She leaned in closer to him, her hair whispering against her cheek. "I hope your friends stab you in the gut. So you know it was them that hated you the most." She turned back to Paragon with a sweet smile, brushing her hair out of her face. "Ironic that I wanted to meet you, to see if we could help each other. Now, however...." She glanced down as a butterfly lit on her hand, and held it up to her face.

The small insect's wings fluttered slowly as she whispered to it, before letting it fly back into the air to join its flock.
    "Now, I find myself quite disgusted by both of you." Whatever residual magic she had from Gaia's forest sank into the ground, the grass growing tall around her, wrapping around her legs and feet, tethering her to the ground. "I don't believe I'll be going anywhere." Even as it exhausted her, she put whatever she could into strengthening the plants.

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

The Inquisitor was forced to admit to himself that the Vampire King was intimidating. The eerie quiet whisper that was his voice to start with, the way it perfectly resonated in this hall to maximise its effect and the rapt silence of his followers told a tale of Yuri Sokolov that could instil only terror in the minds of lesser people, and even the stalwart Corvo felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on edge. He knew immediately that it was Roxanne who hadn't been respectful and mentally cursed her, and also for his entry. This wasn't a great start. And it only got worse. He wasn't able to keep the surprise from his eyes when the Vampire King declared that he had killed Yorick. And the criticism... The Vampire was right. He should have thought it through longer, not been so open to the suggestion of a fast solution to a complicated problem. He thought back to Luce who he had swore to save. She would never forgive him. But what was done was done and he would not be weak here. If anything, his resolve was strengthened.
    "You're right. I should have thought more. There could have been another way." Corvo admitted, the most genuine that he had been thus far. However, even though he made a mistake he had to stand by his choice. "But Yorick was a criminal, his crimes despicable. It was a punishment that I had considered myself. What you have asked, is a fair question. And my answer to it is that to throw away a potential ally would be foolhardy. Ties between the Nephilim, your people and other Downworlders are strained as it is. I killed a traitor, but I'm not an indiscriminate murderer. And even if I wanted to, I severely doubt that I could kill you. There's a reason you've held on to your throne this long." He paused for a moment before continuing.
    "I ask you to form this alliance so that you can keep it longer, and so that your people can be free of the rule of the Fae." The Inquisitor spoke with confidence and energy. "Titania and Yorick took people from every race; Vampires, Nephilim, Warlocks and Werewolves. I'd wager she even killed her own people for it. Yorick slew our own people and the two of them kidnapped, killed and harvested from us all. She seeks to summon the Angel, and destroyed the mind of her partner so that he could not profit, so that she alone could claim the prize. She was happy enough to use your people for her own gain, and Yorick received his retribution for what he did. Had I known the methods, or the terrible things he had done I would have punished him earlier. Against the Seelie Queen as she stands currently, we are all in danger. She alone stands to gain the power that none should have. If she destroys us, then where will she stop? Titania is bold enough to challenge us at our very sanctuary. The balance of power in New York has shifted King Yuri, and I ask your help in restoring it." It was as Yuri said - A leader must be strong. That's what he would see.

[​IMG]

Karl grinned at the comment about berserker wolves. It was expected. People still seemed to think that all Norwegians were Viking raiders with big beards with horned helmets that raucously drank mead and berserked. He thought it was funny.
    "Most people make that mistake. Most people are wrong. We must keep our fangs sharp and our senses honed, but only strike when it is necessary." He sipped more beer. "Power Cassandra, is a delicate thing. Back in Norway, we have what we call Maktbalansen. How power is divided amongst the races. Their Queen upsets it. I've been getting word off the street. She's growing bold, good shaman. Too bold. Say what you will about the Nephilim, but at least they are reliable, predictable and at home at least, quite fair. So long as we don't kill humans and leave the others mostly alone, we're just fine. But I get bad vibes. I think the Seelie Queen's going to come down hard on everyone and I'll be damned if the Fae lord over us."

[​IMG]

Glynda continued to rush towards the Institute, striding as quickly as her outfit permitted with the Seelie Knights in tow. Hopefully the girl was slow, or being slowed down. She had to catch her before she got inside otherwise there might be problems.

14. Arch Mana Knight

Ash closed his eyes, focusing once more on the distant image. Voices echoed in his head, vaguely recognizable due to the multitude of other thoughts clouding his mind. Clarity, Brianne, Rhett, Alarick, Hestia, Yuri, Titania. The names circled his consciousness even as he was trying to focus on another entirely. Something was wrong. The warlock opened his eyes and came to a dead stop when he forced his mind to clear the way to the other side of the connection. He looked up, watching as light danced off the iridescent wings of a butterfly floating overhead. His eyes narrowed at the delicate insect as it lingered by him for a moment.

"
    Go on ahead without me. Tell Hestia I'll be there shortly when you arrive." He turned around instantly and took off running in the other direction in which they had come from. The sun had risen higher into the sky by now, sunlight poking through holes in the cloudy sky but even in the day Ash did not cast a shadow. A shadow could follow anything, anyone, anywhere regardless of the method of travel once it latched onto its host. It was not by pure luck or chance that Ash had chosen to separate from his shadow the moment he left Morrigan behind. As capable as she was, leaving her alone with so many others that could betray them would have been an idiotic move on his part. Keeping an eye on the others left behind was necessary given that Gaia would likely not interfere unless it was an absolute must. Ash hurried off faster as quick as his feet could carry him, his mind focused on one single object.

On the other side, the
    shadow stepped out silently from the cover of a nearby tree, having clung to its shadow until it was recalled or made to act. Working as both Ash's eyes, ears, and an extension of his will, the black mass sped at the armored fey known as Paragon in defense of Morrigan. Its form shifted as it closed the distance toward the fey, instead of where hands should have been the dark entity had formed hefty hammers in their place to crush Paragon's armor, swiping hard with both "fists" at the fey's back.

[​IMG]

Somehow, some way, this girl was actually dragging him forward like a rag doll. Already past the point of suspicion, Cin dramatically lunged forward to wrap his arm around Luce's waist from behind and lift her off her feet to keep her from moving any farther than she already did. No amount of leg strength would do her any good if she could not reach the ground. "I am not fond of nephilim as it is, girl. I would rather not have to harm you to keep you from heading to your demise or whatever it is that you're heading toward. But I will if you force me."

[​IMG]

Hestia walked into the apartment and vanished into her room almost as quickly as she entered, leaving both himself and Creed little to work with other than there was some kind of threat outside the door. "
    Guess it was too soon to consider this place a fortress of solitude. Hestia should take some security tips from Ash." He muttered under his breath, staring at the door which the High Warlock had just sealed. "Say, Creed, what do you know about demon magic? This book here mentions some pretty nasty stuff." Turning a page from Hestia's tome, Rhett tilted his head upon reaching a very detailed illustration of the effects of such magic on a human body. Needless to say, it was quite grotesque and Rhett was having a hard time believing that those organs belonged to just one body.

"
    Uh...no thanks..." Rhett turned the page and sighed out, glancing over at the entrance once more out of curiosity. He understood respecting the wishes of their host but standing around in one place and waiting around to speak to Brianne and Clarity was wearing on his patience. Once more, he sighed. Hestia was the ancient warlock. Listening to her couldn't have been a bad idea.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Rhett had not answered the text, so Felicia took the bit of a risk and drew closer to the building. He had helped her before so she didn't think he would stoop to dirty tricks to defeat her and become Alpha of her pack. Though the lack of answer did concern Felicia that something might have gone wrong. If he was in trouble, than she wasn't heartless enough to just leave him. So with that resolve, Felicia started around to the front of the apartment to see if she could get a better idea what was going on.

She had not fully made it around the corner what she heard a screech. With hearing more sensitive than a mortals, Felicia was forced to stop and cover her ears, as the loud sound still rung in the air. It was one downside to being turned into a wolf. As a child she used to love being as close as possible to watch fireworks, but now thanks to her heightened hearing, she could hardly stand them. They were too loud and hurt her ears. When the scream quieted down, Felicia took things more cautiously, barely peering around the corner to see a
    demon standing among flames trying to get into the building. Well she supposed that was a good enough reason not to respond at all. While Felicia did wish to help with the situation, rushing in right now was foolish. If what she was told was true than Rhett was not alone but with some powerful people, that meant that hopefully they could help take care of the problem. It was best to wait and watch for now instead of getting herself more injured than she already was.

[​IMG]
    Just by standing there she had messed up. She could feel Yuri's gaze on her as his quiet words echoed through the hall. Murderer... she was a murderer. That was what he had called her, and Corvo had called her guilty. She still couldn't fully comprehend what she had done wrong. Those vampires were going to hurt innocent people. Protect. She had to protect. She always had to protect, because she couldn't protect those she loved. She had become a shadow hunter so she could protect innocent people, but she couldn't manage to protect her own family. That one word echoed through her mind again and again. They weren't safe safe here and it was all her fault. She was the issue.

Roxanne was trembling slightly as she stepped forward. She was terrified but she had to protect them all.
    "I am at fault." She started quietly as she then looked up to look at Yuri and around him. She couldn't bring herself to keep her eyes on him but they had lifted from the floor. "You have lost everything else. Protect them. If you don't die here you will be locked up anyways." A small voice in the back of her head told her, and she knew it was right. "Don't blame them for any of my actions or my being here. They... I... I broke the rules and am awaiting trial. Its just... well ..." Anxiety washed over Roxanne as she tried to reason why she was there. Tell them there was no time to return her to Alicante where they could hold her and there was no safe place here. No words came out however as she at last gazed into Yuri's eyes and knew true fear. A feeling that had be long numbed to her the moment her mind stopped processing the world how it really was, and providing a glamour for her to live under instead.

16. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce trembled as the magic tried to pull her away. Every inch of her screamed to keep moving, to follow the draw that she couldn't ignore, couldn't control it. It crescendo-ed into something more then a need, into pain, and she whimpered as she struggled against the fae holding her still. She couldn't speak, or control her lips or fingers enough to make him understand, but neither could she overpower him. She pushed her hands against the metal of his armor, the only way she could try to make him understand. If he didn't, she wasn't sure what would happen.

[​IMG]
    Yuri stood still as he listened to Corvo speak, let him speak as he tried to reason with the Vampire King about what he had done. These mortals...they truly knew nothing. When Yuri had been this man's age, he had been in the process of murdering the person who had sired him and taking over an entire kingdom. He saw a similar fire in Corvo's eyes, but it had been swayed so easily by the words of others, by the easy way out. The one thing the mortals had gotten right, actions spoke louder then words. And Corvo's actions; first following the words of a crazed and power hungry leader, to executing him without letting the man have a say in his fate...well it spoke to impulsive, impractical, and random behavior. Not the characteristics he wanted to see in a leader. But that could be saved for future thoughts.

And then the little rabid mouse that he brought along decided to be the hero, decided to speak up. Yuri held up a hand to stop her, to stop Corvo, and their third companion from interrupting what he had to say. Apparently that was necessary with these people.
    "You are impudent. That much is clear. But I wonder, why should you get the luxury of a trial, when your own leader, who served your kind for over forty years, was taken and shot like a dog? Why would you, a young nothing who has given nothing, receive a gift that a man who gave everything didn't get the courtesy of?" Yuri turned gleaming eyes to Corvo, and a vicious smile curved on his lips. "Your fight with Titania is yours. Do not endeavor to involve my people. Yes, some of them were taken, sacrificed, brutalized, but that is my own loss to pursue. I did not ask you for your help in avenging their deaths." He tapped his fingers against the pommel of his sword, and then glanced to the side, where the shadows remained still. "Leave the girl. Then you'll receive my help."

[​IMG]
    Grayson and his pack were laughing, covered in blood as they walked down the alley. He made some sort of crude joke before laughing, the others of his pack laughing with him. As they turned a corner, they all stopped, the sharp, bitter scent reaching their nose one that made their hackles stand straight up. "Well well well, what do we have here?" Grayson strode up to Valister, a toothy grin on his face. "A lone vampire, wandering around at the wrong time of day. The only thing you forgot to wear was the bow, and a card telling us what we did to deserve such a welcome present."

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

No sooner than he had said that he hasn't seen Hestia did she make her way into the room. The flames that were blocking off both the rooms that Brianne and Clarity were in had been recalled back to her. If sealing them in here was what she decided to do in response to the unwanted guest, then Creed was perfectly fine with stay in here and not see the guest in question.

Creed then proceeded to take a seat, not sure of what else to do at the moment. Again hearing Rhett ask him a question Creed turned his attention to the werewolf. He knew nothing on demon magic, though could assume that it wasn't anything pleasant. Rhett's words only served to confirm that.
    "Not really." Just what kind of books did Hestia have?

It would appear that Valister was going to have to take a little detour on his trip. Despite Grayson's words, there wasn't even the slightest hint of a reaction on his face. "I see, well it certainly has been some time since I've crossed paths with a werewolf as abrasive as yourself. Though I suppose not all of your kind can learn manners." Seeing as this werewolf had his pack with him, Valister couldn't just carelessly brush Grayson aside and carry on with his business. "Now is that all you wanted to say, if so then I'll be on my way."

18. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas Nightwine
    As Paragon lifted a gun to Morrigan's head his eyes widened in shock, that shock was exacerbated by Morrigan's unhelpful reaction to the situation. He walked over to Paragon and slapped the gun away angrily. Paragon did not resist but looked upon the other two haughtily and with interest. "You said you wouldn't harm her!" He hissed

Paragon
    Paragon inwardly sighed, this was not going exactly to plan "I have not harmed her, have I? Now would you kindly move out of the way Nicholas-" Before Paragon could finish he felt a sudden blunt force from behind and felt the crunch of his body armour giving in. Stumbling forward and cursing, Paragon wished they were in a more urbanised area. Here he felt like he could barely see, there were no cameras, no electronics beyond what him and his agents carried. Turning around hastily he raised his gun and searched for his opponent, what he was not expecting was a living shadow. Nevertheless, Paragon could improvise. The natural enemy of a magical shadow was magical light. Paragon raised a hand and a sudden bright magical ray of light burst forth, engulfing the shadow in light.

Nick turned to Morrigan with a nervous smile "You don't understand... I do care, I really do. Sorry about all the cloak and dagger, but what Paragon's trying to do is for the good of all of us, and you are the key to everything. Did you know you have some of the most angelic blood in the world? That's why Titania wants you, and we can't let Titania have you" Nick begged. As he spoke he could see the black truck getting closer and closer, contained several more of Paragon's agents. "Paragon's agency is one of the only places in the city where different races work side by side in equality! We're not the bad guys! I really don't want to resort to violence..."

Masque
    The warlock Ash was approaching, no doubt to defend Morrigan. Masque snarled. Magically hidden in the shadows he was invisible to the warlock. This warlock, who had done nothing but insult him this whole time. This warlock who did not understand. This arrogant pompous piece of trash who dared to insult Masque. As Ash approached Masque made a small gesture with one hand and in front of the warlock appeared suddenly bright lights and fireworks, dazzling and distracting him. While the warlock was distracted Masque took careful aim and shot the warlock in the leg. The ambush was almost beautiful, the warlock so concentrated on one goal he forgot about anything else.

Warlocks. The word was a curse in Abyzathilad's mind as he beat down the door with thick rending claws. The door was recieving magical reinforcements, but even magic wore out eventually. Warlocks. They were not worthy. Spawn of demons, but nothing like them. Haughty, pompous, idiots, most of them. They thought they were equal with demons? They were nothing, they were accidents. They were not worthy. Warlocks. Usually spawn of lesser demons, Abyzathilad had his own children killed, cooked, and eaten. There was that one with the pig snout, no point remembering the *******'s name. He tasted like bacon. Warlocks. There was no point in their existence, too many demons had been beaten by their own children, lesser demons, less cautious demons. Abyzathilad was not like most demons. Finally a claw swipe broke down the magical barrier and Abyzathilad roared as his hulking form stepped through, tongues licking at the air to find something to eat.

Cassandra
    "You may be right, but from what I've heard the nephilim leadership has had... troubles. Quite a few troubles. I am not aware of the details but it seems that this may be an opportunity for some of the downworlders to get their 'vengeance'" Cassandra sipped her beer some more "Grayson, Titania, many mysterious figures who keep a secret identity. Perhaps even Yuri"

19. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Hendrick listened to Yuri's reasoning he did have a point, it didn't give a good image, but they had to set priorities they already had one member that required special attention another one would result in less attention to surroundings, rash actions to just kill him? Yes, hardly justifiable but Hendrick stood by his councel in the end he knew he'd pay for it anyways, one way or another. The Vampire stood before them an imposing figure. Curious for the reasoning as to why he should help them, murderers. A King demanded absolute respect of his kind, the way he did it unsettling him. He listened to Corvo's reasoning, it was a sound reasoning, but that was to his Nephilim mind, no way to be sure it would also be as logical as it sounded. Beside him Roxanne spoke of her own faults. He too had been at fault only a few days ago he killed 4 vampires, albeit in self-defence. Yuri held up a hand to indicate to keep quiet. He wanted to keep Roxanne. He could understand why the King wanted her. His reasoning sound within the same sphere of reasoning they had used when executing Yorrick. He looked at Corvo, his eyes saying they had no choice. Still it was Roxanne... and he had told her he'd be there for her... "Corvo... you know our hands are tied...." Hendrick said "You know it, just as well as I know it and possibly hate it even more....Mundanes have that saying... the needs of the many.... it's just like with all their damn sayings a lot more difficult in practice.... we need his help, I don't like it either that we gotta do this, but I don't see any other way that we're gonna do this.... There is no real choice here and you know it..." Another sin for which he would pay when the time came for him... He knew Roxanne wouldn't forgive him for this and he would carry that with him until judgement came. "You make the final call after all you are the highest in rank... but that's my two cents." He said, emotions seeping into his voice.

Aethelrick watched the situation develop, Ash told him to just go on towards Hestia's. A place he didn't know where it was but Alarick was walking ahead of the group and if Aethel wasn't mistaken he was headed in the direction of Hestia's place, so Aethel hoofed it a little to close the distance a good bit so that he could more easily follow him, but maintain enough distance to not spark another outburst from him.

Shadi approached the fairy who was now too assaulted by a shadow. Then a shot rang out. Shadi focused, he had lost the other Warlock, could it be him? It was a chaos around him with two crisis situations going on. The fae who alledgedly had some of the most angelic blood around. And this Warlock being shot at. If what this Nephilim said was true then he should interfere. He had closed the distance towards the fairies, keeping his hand on the Shotel. With the gun away he figured he stood a better chance should violence erupt, he carefully positioned himself, back to the wall face outwards towards the road, seeing both Nicholas and Paragon. "Let the lady go..." Shadi demanded having dropped the friendly demeanor.

20. Arch Mana Knight

As light flashed before his eyes, Ash instinctively closed them. It was too late of course as it had already struck his eyes, but the momentary lapse of laser-focused concentration caused one of his minor glamours to drop. Still, he knew his way through the forest more than well enough to get on without the use of his sight for a few seconds. Ash had only slowed down for a short moment and heard a long bang ring out through the forest. He felt no pain. A bullet had passed through his leg but with the adrenaline already pumping in his veins, it might as well have been the nip of an ant. He had endured far worse many times before anyway and this kind of wound was far from new to him.

"Put a bullet in my other leg if you want, Max. Nothing you do can stop me." Ash pushed onward towards Morrigan and the commotion. His shadow had already returned to him only to be sent ahead once more in the fairy's aid. Even as Ash ran his hand began to glow red hot. He reached down towards the blood-soaked wound feeling the exit hole of the bullet as he cauterized what he could. It stung but he had done it so many times now that it was familiar to him, almost as if it had been too long since he had done it. Ash opened his eyes and even as his vision took its time to return he could still visualize what was up ahead. Pitch black eyes narrowed on those ahead. The fact that their enemies had brought reinforcements would have amused him if they had crossed paths in another century but now, there was nothing in his mind except for the knowledge that those responsible for this would die. There was no need wasting any other thoughts on it.

[​IMG]

The girl had some fight in her but it would not be enough as Cin continued to carry Luce away from whatever force was pulling her forward. Titiania had to be behind this. With what he knew was coming, Titania's death just might be enough to sever the spell that that dragged Luce onward. Until then... From the pained expression Luce held, Cin reluctantly decided to bring her to his people. Perhaps not where the majority of his forces were but if he could bring a few of his more trusted associates to take a look at Luce then he might have a way to break her free from this influence. Otherwise, Luce was just a walking security risk.

After dragging Luce several meters the girl went limp in his arms. Though Cin was not one to complain when he got his way a very small sense of concern went over him. He took a moment to check her pulse. Satisfied that she was still alive but unconscious, Cin slung the young woman over his shoulder and made for the shadows.

[​IMG]

Arch had almost finished a post for Rhett. Then remembered something Magick had said and decided to wait for her response first. Arch waited dramatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.