The Mortal Instruments

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

White queen was startled. They had a lot of money on them they were willing to trade and it was unneeded. She exchanged a glance with Black Rook, he rolled his eyes.
    "I wet the bed until I was 13 years old" He mumbled under his breath. White Queen raised an eyebrow. Black Rook looked away. She turned back to Hestia
    "Very well... Forgive me father for I have sinned" White Queen said sarcastically "I stole from a candy shop when I was 10 years old" She admitted
    Nick raised his eyebrow as the girl came to get them "Strange. I guess we'd better not leave her waiting" He said as he followed Morrigan

"Danger?" Masque said nervously. Honestly, if there was danger he didn't want to get close to it... but if Morrigan was involved somehow... then something struck him "But this is Gaia's jungle, what could possibly be dangerous? Doesn't she have supreme power over everything?" if the others were in danger then that could only mean Gaia was letting them get in danger... and if Gaia was against them they were all doomed. Masque suddenly exploded "Stop trying to trick me! It won't work! I hate being tricked!" But the guy was moving away. Masque followed angrily, he hated being tricked but he would find the source of this trickery.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I see... This is bad." He put his right hand on his chin thoughtfully as she told him that Yorick had taken her Iron as well. That boded ill for them. With the Seelie Queen bewitching Yorick, it wasn't hard to come to the conclusion that something was badly wrong. The Seelie Queen didn't want them to stop her, or he didn't want them to stop her. Either way, it was bad. He was siding with a Downworlder over his own race for the sake of summoning the angel . "That would make sense. It's consistent with the sudden lack of iron. We're going to need to find an alternative somewhere." What she was saying was bad news, but the longer she spoke the worse his horror became. At the statement of him having killed the Clave, the Inquisitor backed up, nearly falling on to his chair but holding his hand out to steady himself.
    "No... I don't want to believe this but... I have no choice." His voice quivered. Corvo was stunned to his very core. He took his seat, then closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. "If Yorick has indeed murdered the Clave as you say, then he is a traitor. As Inquisitor, it is my duty to render judgement. Yorick will die." His face became stern and he got up again, walking around to the wardrobe and looking at his crossbow. He had an objective, and now he had a greater enemy. The traitors against the Clave needed to be brought back into the fold. If they would stand with him in opposing Yorick, he would forgive them for their trecheary.
    "I have one question for you - Why did you not report this to me earlier?" He fixed her with the glare he reserved for those that he questioned when doing his job. "If you had reported these actions, then perhaps we could have avoided this situation getting so out of hand. Now Yorick is in the Seelie Queen's lair, and he will be harder to reach than ever. If I had known while he was in Alicante, then this could have been dealt with far more easily. With the rest of the Council out of action, that leaves me as the only body capable of rendering judgement." And judgement will be rendered. I have a mission now. The situation is not quite under control, but it is certainly known. I have an enemy, and I know some of the game pieces. Alarick Lightwood may still be useful - He needs protecting. These Downworlders must be protected so that their plan cannot continue. The Seelie Queen has the Seelie Knights, and we don't have an effective weapon just yet. But that may come with time. A smirk crossed his face.
    "We can't do this alone of course. Taking on the Seelie Queen will be difficult, and Yorick is with her. No, we must put together a force capable of fighting them, reaching them, and dealing with them permanently." He explained. "Luckily, I know just the group of traitors who might be needing an official pardon from an Inquisitor. I'm not much loved there, but I'm confident that at least some of them will listen to reason in this case. Besides, despite her present condition I believe that Brianne Lightwood believes in the order of Shadow Hunters. I don't think she will reject us. We just have to get to them before they do anything rash." His body language seemed to have changed massively from earlier. Despite his somewhat haggard appearance, the Inquisitor held himself tall and proud, straight backed and ready to fight. He offered her a hand to shake.
    "Will you join me in this Luce?"

3. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Aethelrick sat their his words not being acknowledged, it hardly mattered in the end, he pushed his fingers through the grass, it even felt a little bit different. It almost seemed greener here than it did anywhere else but hey he hadn't lived here so he took that with a pinch of salt. As he sat there resting it didn't go past him that pairs were being lead away... All for various reasons, the last one being told the others were in danger, he stood up wanting to bring up the fact that if there was trouble wouldn't it be a brighter idea to move in force, but they were already gone. This left him with just Sien. He let himself fall back into the grass. "Damn it, what the hell is going on here?" He wondered out loud as he punched the earth, which in hindsight probably didn't seem like a right idea, but hey impulses what can you do. He looked at Sien who had wondered what Gaia would want from them. "Well it appears it's just you and me again... as for your question I wouldn't have the slightest idea, entertainment maybe? You know like they did in Ancient Rome with the Gladiator fights or some strange parody to what must be one of the worst mundane inventions ever reality television..." Aethel offered, putting a lot of negative emphasis on his last two words.

In the now deserted 'safe house' a certain Shadowhunter that hadn't been seen for like 5 pages woke up again, feeling quite a bit better. He checked his phone there was one text message, it was from Aethelrick saying Clarity was alright, well wasn't that a relief. Brianne had said that once they had returned they'd send word, but there wasn't any it had been a good while since he had gone to sleep, had something happened? Aethel had sent him an assurance that Clarity was alright, had they ran into her outside the Institute? He was left in the dark and well sure it was his own fault for sleeping, but what was he to do? He wouldn't have been useful in a fight anyways. Well if that text from Aethelrick was legit and Clarity was safe, maybe she could tell him what had happened while he was out. After all he didn't think she'd be in the best shape after being left with the Inquisitor even for a little while so she might be kept away from danger, then again Clarity was her own person. Time to make a decision, the contacts were right next to each other. **** it, keep the lines of communication short he selected Brianne and rang taking the gamble he might be distracting her during combat, if it failed he atleast had a back-up plan.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Felicia let out a dry chuckle. "You speak like you understand how I work what I have done. I have only killed one person to get to the point I am, and that was my own master. The one who told me it was the only way to prove myself to him, if I didn't kill him I wasn't good enough and he would kill me. Yes I have fought to get where I am because that is what the others wanted, they challenged me. If you think me standing up to fight alongside you is some sort of other form or bloodshed just for a title then you know nothing Rhett. I fight to defend my pack, their friends, and the people who have been able to keep everything under control better than any werewolf pack would ever be able to on their own. I am not blind and I do not believe that we do not need the Nephilim. I do not try to rule off of fear. I try to earn respect. That is why I am here if my wolves want to help then I will lead them into battle, but if not one does then I will lead them into safety. But I will lead and not just come down on them with an iron fist." Felicia tried to explain to Rhett. In the end she was feeling like it would be pointless to try but at least she could explain, the rest he would have to see for himself. And if he didn't see that in her, then it wasn't her problem anyways.

It seemed that was where the conversation ended as a
    fairy approached them. Felicia turned away from Rhett to the man who had approached, narrowing her eyes as he spoke. "Like hell you are just going to take off with my pack. Who do you think you are?" Felicia said as her hand wrapped around the handle of her sword. She didn't draw it yet, but she was ready to. "Why should I even consider it, trusting a stranger, and what makes you think even if you beat me they will follow? As Rhett here stated not a moment before building a pack on fear isn't a strong one. So stay the hell back or I promise I will rip your throat out."

[​IMG]
    Roxanne sat in the bath a while longer until her tears had dried. Eventually she dragged herself out and got dressed into fresh clothing that she had grabbed before she went for the bath. It felt nice to be in proper clothing at last, instead of the dirty torn stuff she was wearing up until now. Exiting the bathroom she looked around the halls, with werewolves still lurking everywhere, she didn't feel comfortable really lingering anywhere for too long. She found herself pacing and eventually heading back towards the room that Brianne was in before. Reaching the door she found that Brianne had returned. Roxanne stood in the door silently, waiting to either be allowed to enter or to be yelled at to leave. Chances were it would be the second one, she didn't feel welcome here, but she had to tell Brianne what was going on, or at the very least find out if anyone was in the safe house. If they were she would leave here where she wasn't welcome and tell whoever was at the safe house, that it was no longer safe.

5. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"I prefer the democratic method, myself. With how stubborn werewolves are I can't imagine how long it'd take to get rid of al...phas...." He trailed off, his eyes catching sight of Cin in the distance. Rhett cursed under his breath and tightened his grip on his hatchet. If Felicia had seen what Cin was capable of she would not have been so aggressive...or perhaps she would have been the same anyways because that's how he felt she would react anyways. "Cin, what the hell are you playing at? What side are you even on you crazy fairy?"

[​IMG]

"Admittedly, fear is a strong motivator but...Vengeance is all the more powerful." Cin clenched his fist in the air in front of him. "You do not need to know who I am. I will likely be dead before long. I am merely an instrument in the symphony of war. You mortals are so easily distracted with small displays of dominance with no greater plans other than to stand above your peers." Cin drew his secondary sword, a one-handed basket-hilt broadsword. "I am one of many who wish to get what is owed to them from centuries of death at the hands of the Shadowhunters. They slaughtered so many of our kind they had to make Accords just to justify their actions. They have sat upon their pedestal long enough. Their whole institution must be burned to the ground."

Cin eyed the two alphas, a small smile crossing his face. "
    By the looks on your faces, I don't believe you're convinced. Particularly not you, Rhett. But you'll feel the same way as I do before long. Even the docile can only live under the thumb of the powerful for so long." He pointed his sword at Felicia. Rhett's pack tensed further in reaction. "Join me. If we are victorious you can go back to whatever it is that you please. Earn the title of Alpha of New York, whatever you please. You will be able to do so without worry of being cut down by a nephilim's blade when your back is turned. Or you can refuse me and I will take your pack from you by force but I would rather not waste a strong wolf like yourself."

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Felicia did have a point, whatever had done all this her was still out there and it was possible that they were also gunning for them. If that was the case, then they would have to deal with that at some point then. And by deal with, he meant try to avoid until they actually knew what they were going up against. "This is why I tried to stay out of these kind of things." Creed muttered to himself as Rhett had returned.

As the two werewolves talk, Creed hear Felicia say that she wanted top be the top alpha of New York, to which only one thing ran through his head
    Just leave me out of that fight. As the two continued to chat, another person had arrived. Once again Creed recognized them from back at the safe house thought the difference this time was this was the guy who'd slaughtered his "allies" right before them.

It was made pretty clear that Cin plan to act on force to get what it was that he wanted. To which Creed started walking away and back into the Institute.
    "I'm going to check on Brianne." He would've said 'try not to kill each other' but it was probably to late for those kind of words. Having stepped foot inside, he headed down towards the room Brianne had gone in and opened the door, looking past Roxanne who was standing at the door. Seeing Brianne laying on the couch with Clarity next to her was well better than it could've been he guessed. "What's wrong with her?"

[​IMG]

It wasn't long before the first pair, Ash and Alarick, had been chosen to go see Gaia first. Then came another pair and once more until it was just him and Aethelrick that were left. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw him punch the ground. An act that he wasn't sure just how well that it would go given that Gaia could possibly know that feel that he did. "Maybe. Though I hope that that's not the case." Sien replied. The warlock clearly hear the disdain when reality television was mentioned. Sien wasn't sure just why Gaia would need to do something like the Romans did with Gladiators, but it was highly unlikely that he could understand the workings of someone like her in the first place. "So, how long until you think the others come back?"

Valister turned his attention towards the vampire who had disappeared as quickly and quickly as he had appeared. Interesting. Without saying another word, the vampire got up and followed in the direction the other one had gone.

7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "We can get more iron at the Institute." Luce told Corvo, not that he heard as he continued ramble in his own way. She leaned her head back against the mattress, waiting for him to finish. Had she sentenced Yorick to die? Yes, but it was better then as he was now. Right now, he was not the man she had grown up respecting, or learned from. He was a weak old fool, too bewitched to understand what had happened to him. Perhaps it was best that way.

But when
    Corvo asked why she had not reported it earlier, her temper flared once more. "I'm sorry, your Highness. When exactly was I supposed to waltz away from watching our mentor break every rule in the book and our code? When he was busy scrubbing the blood off the floor? When he was slitting the throat of innocent Downworlders because that Titania bitch told him it would summon the Angel? When he was having me run his errands? I'm so sorry that I don't have a magical mirror, or a cell phone that works." She shoved past him, pushing him away as she momentarily ignored all the talk about working together and strategy. Instead, she strode towards the wall, punching it hard enough she felt a knuckle crack. Wincing, she punched it again, but much less harder. Calmer now, she turned, and took Corvo's hand with the other, uninjured one. "Fine. Better then my idea anyway."

She grabbed her gun and slung it around her shoulder, before waiting for
    Corvo to get ready to leave.

[​IMG]
    Hestia raised her eyebrows, then shrugged, letting the flame cat jump down from her arms. "Fine. I'll help you two get where you need to go. But not them." She jerked her head at the soldiers who had followed them. "If you're going where I suspect you are, I'm not sending an army to an old friend. After leaving me alone for so long, she doesn't deserve that much entertainment."

Turning, she walked deeper into the apartment, before grabbing a pouch of powder. Undoing the drawstrings, she pulled out a handful and began to draw the designs on the floor. "You're also going to have to tell me where you're going, and why. Portals don't come easy."

[​IMG]
    Clarity gently rubbed Brianne's back, frowning as she watched the woman's eyes roam underneath her lids. The fever was coming fast and hard, with no way of stopping it. She had half a mind to go get Rhett, just to make sure Brianne wasn't dying, but then he would go all, "Angel forgive me, Angel I adore you, Angel you have to come with me." And Brianne didn't need to go anywhere. "What's wrong with her?"

She looked back to see
    Creed, and Roxanne standing in the doorway. Creepy. "She's sick." Clarity replied shortly, her hands resting protectively on her friend. "And if you're here to make her worse, then go the hell away. She needs peace right now." And...she needs someone who knows what's going on. But Clarity wasn't ready to admit that out loud yet. "Do you know-" She was interrupted by Brianne's phone ringing. Digging her hand between the couch cousins, she pulled it out, frowning at the number. "Seriously, I don't know how she would find patience or time for all of you. Like a bunch of frickin' kids." She muttered, pressing the button and holding the phone to her ear.

"This is Clarity. Hi
    Hendrick. Brianne's under the weather. A lot of weather. Institute is filled with werewolves, and well, Roxanne is here. She looks like she needs someone with more patience then I have, given she screamed in my face. You should probably head down."

[​IMG]
    "It's not our status! She could have stayed in New York forever if it made her happy!" Alarick dodged another bullet before shoving the bo staff's blade into Rhett's shoulder, a small smile flickering across his lips as the werewolf yelped in pain. He stabbed him again before backing up, the werewolf trying to recover as they circled each other. "She won't be able to ever hold her weapon, a weapon she's had for thirteen years, again. She's losing her ability to fight!" Alarick hissed as Rhett shot at him, the bullet hitting its mark in his shoulder this time.

He found himself somewhat relieved that Ash hadn't started hurting Brianne yet. He didn't know how he would handle her screams of pain as he stabbed Rhett again in the leg, forcing the werewolf to howl, and limp back. This only enraged Brianne, who snarled, twisting against the magic that held her in place.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan walked after the girl, feeling a little uneasy. "We're going kind of far." She whispered to Nick, but stopped when the girl in front of them stopped. She turned, her teeth clacking against each other as she looked from fairy to warlock. "Neither can be free until they are both unchained." She whispered, her image fading. Morrigan realized immediately and turned to warn Nick, too late as the bars sprang up around her. She tried to grab the bars, and shrieked as it burned her palms, the iron causing her flesh to steam. She backed up, pressing them to the floor, which was thankfully, cool wood.

Nick himself was yanked against the nearest tree by vines, pining his arms to his sides and his legs together. "Nick!" Morrigan called, then freezing. Was it just her, or did the cage suddenly seem to get a little bit smaller?

[​IMG]
    Brianne could hear the voices above her, but she couldn't bring herself to particularly care. All she wanted to do was just rest, the exhaustion weighing down her body and fogging her mind. An ice bath also didn't sound like the worst idea.

[​IMG]
    Grayson, now dressed, stalked after the person who had offered him such clothing. He knew better then to resist, regardless of how much he wanted to. But it seemed his less the mindless obedience had finally paid off. Now they were going to let him fight, and it would be a good fight. "So, what's this guy's name? And what can I do to him?"

The vampire leading Valister and Masque turned, his eyes gleaming in the sunlight. "Even the simplist of lies can hold the most complicated truth." he responded to Masque's accusation, the voice becoming deeper, more similar to Gaia's. "Sometimes the purest of artwork, must be tainted by the blood of those innocent of the crime."
    With that, the vampire began to fade away, leaving a small dagger and a larger easel in his place as a small log twisted itself into an artist's easel.

8. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Aethel chuckled at Sien's remark "I'd be up for a good fight, would welcome it actually, if only to clear the mind and pass the time." Aethelrick commented, if this was a test he was uncertain what the angle was. Sure Gaia mentioned that their bonds would be tested. That would mean they had been paired off for a reason. He and Sien had only just met meaning there was hardly a bond between the two of them if anything at all. Aethelrick stood up and looked at Sien "Hours.... Days... Years, I honestly could not tell you...." He scanned around the place seemed bloody deserted, then again it was a jungle "You know, we should honestly get going too, if our bond is to be tested I doubt Gaia is going to see how much we can take of each other while sitting around. I'm not one for sitting around while others do the work anyways... so if you are ready maybe we should get going too, unless you got a better idea? I mean I see no guide here trying to draw us out but still, there's nothing in this clearing but us...."

He waited, impatiently tapping his fingers against his thigh as he did, when the phone was answered it wasn't exactly who he expected to pick up said phone. "Clarity? It's Hendrick... where's Brianne at, I thought I called her, wasn't mistaken was I? Hmm yeah that would explain it. Planned on coming, Bri had told me she'd let me know the Institute was in the clear again, no matter. I'll be on my way now... and Clarity... good to hear you got out..." He ended the call, gathered his things and went downstairs, he was the only one left in the safehouse even the bodies were gone now. No matter, from the short description Clarity had given it seemed rather hectic at the Institute and Roxanne going nuts? Why did that burden fall on his shoulders all the time? Was it the universe having a little fun with him feeling quite uncomfortable? He wrapped his black coat around him and left for the Institute as quickly as his feet would carry him.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As Roxanne stood in the door looking at Brianne in the shape she was in, she tried to piece together all the information she knew. A bit of it was a little twisted in Roxanne's mind, given that a lot of the information she heard was during a time that her mind was not so settle, but whatever was going on with Brianne, it was starting to come together that it wasn't just a common illness, it was something a lot bigger. Was she infected by something? Is that why Old man said that it had to be quick or else they would be breaking the accords? It was possible but Roxanne didn't dare ask.

She waited for
    Clarity to finish on the phone before addressing anything said before she answered the phone, not daring to interrupt and end up with one of the knives from before impaled in her. "If you want me to leave her in peace fine, then at least you can come talk to me and then I will be out of your hair. I.. I can't stick around long." Roxanne said not willing to admit that there was a chance that trouble would be following her. If she could get it through these people's heads to hide Brianne then she would leave, not ask where they took Brianne, and then Brianne would be safe. It was the best way, but that required people to talk to her, listen to her. She didn't know if anyone was will, especially not Clarity, but she had to try, while she was on the calmer side of things still.

[​IMG]
    "Oh I am sorry, was I not clear last time. Go. Burn. In. Hell." Felicia made sure to emphasize and slow her words just to make sure that Cin got it through his skull. "Unlike most of you I have had the luxury of watching this world from the outside for many years. I am not an idiot. Like mundanes need laws and police to govern them, we have the Nephilim. I am not so delusional not not think that there would be people running around doing things they shouldn't and with no one to stop them, then what? A world of chaos. I am sure that you fairy creatures wouldn't take law and rule from us wolves, and warlocks would not sit under your thumbs surely. So where does that leave us? A world of chaos and war? So you you think you are going to lead my pack into a war to accomplish that, you are mistaken." Felicia said as she drew her sword with on hand, her other hovering over her throwing knives. She really didn't want to fight and her shoulder was already protesting it, but what choice did she have? She was not about to stand back and let this fairy take away her pack to some battle that was not theirs to fight, for a purpose she did not believe in. "Now that I have made that perfectly bloody clear. I think it is time you leave before your blood covers the entry way. No one here needs to deal with that right now." Felicia's eyes were fierce. She was not joking around and she would do whatever it took in order to get rid of this man, she just hoped that it wouldn't come to killing him, though sometimes that was all you could do to keep position as Alpha, and if that was the case, then so be it.

10. Arch Mana Knight

Ash winced as Alarick stabbed at Rhett despite knowing the werewolf before them to be a fake. He had seen Rhett nearly die once now and seeing even an illusion of him now go through this was not a pleasant sight. And he had seen the worst. "
    So a weapon is all that makes your sister who she is, is it?" Ash stepped away from the Brianne doppelganger, not wishing to harm her. "I'm surprised that you think so little of your sister, honestly." Ash's black eyes fell to the shadow holding Brianne as it rose from the ground only tightening its vice-grip on her the more she struggled against it.

"
    Do not think I am completely insensitive to the matter, Alarick." Ash's tone lowered as he turned to watch the Shadowhunter struggle against Rhett. He had to remind himself that the image he saw before him was not the real thing despite how convincing the replica appeared. "It is the fault of your customs that she will be shunned by your people." While he felt it was for the greater good that a Lightwood had been turned, he had thought they would have been better served had Alarick been changed instead or, better still, his parents. Being brought down to the level of a Downworlder was the only way to make them understand. "Are you going to allow your family to look upon her with shame or are you going to do something to change that? You can either uphold your flawed traditions or you can help make the world a better place for your sister. For everyone. You don't get to have it both ways." He repeated these words with Morrigan's own voice ringing in his mind, convinced he could get through to Alarick to let go of his own anger and frustration. Ash knew what it was like to feel like he had failed to protect someone he loved. Seeing Alarick's aggression being channeled at Rhett reminded him exactly of how he had been those many years ago. There was a major difference here, however. Brianne was still alive. There was still a chance to set things right.

[​IMG]

Cin glanced at
    Rhett, seeing that the wolf had fallen silent despite his eyes being filled with distrust towards him. "I do not want power for myself. I simply want Downworlders to rule. I agree, law must be kept, but who watches the nephilim? You speak like a child who has never had a history lesson in her life. Nephilim have butchered the fey, the werewolves, the vampires, and even the warlocks simply because they had given themselves the right to do so." Momentarily, his blade pointed at Rhett. "I know you see the truth in my words, boy."

"
    You're not wrong. But starting a war is not the way to settle it." Rhett spoke towards the knight.

"
    And you believe diplomacy to be the answer? The Accords have solved nothing. Shadowhunters can still kill our kind whenever they please in the name of what they call justice." His eyes fixed once more on Felicia. "I admire your tenacity but I have lost my patience with you. Come. Face me first if you are so bold to fight a battle you cannot hope to win." Again, Cin's sword aimed at Felicia. "Your pack belongs to me. Whether you stand beside me or bleed at my feet is the choice of your own."

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I will not stand beside you simply because you march in here and request it. Threats do not scare me, don't even try." Felicia said as he hand suddenly wrapped around a throwing knife and tossed it at the mans head before she pushed off the steps, jumping towards Cinaed. She swung her sword towards his neck. She was as done talking as Cin was and now it was time to fight, most likely to the death, She somewhat hoped that Rhett would help and side with her on this matter, but it was not required. She had picked this fight and it was hers to deal with. Her shoulder was screaming with pain as she swung her sword, fresh blood seeping through her shirt. She had not let the wound fully close in the first place so this didn't help. That being said a shoulder wound wouldn't stop her from fighting for her pack. She was not about to stand by and do nothing while Cinaed brought them into war either.

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Titania let one finger drag around the basin as she circled the room. The images flickered from that of a sick Brianne, unfortunately still alive, to Corvo, who had been joined by Luce. "What a shame, Yorick." She whispered, gently caressing the image on the water, until it disappeared. "It seems your scion has joined the forces against us. We must retrieve her, and punish her until she sees the error of her ways." She didn't wait for Yorick to respond, or expect him to, really.

His gaze was blank as he stared ahead, although he did manage to nod. She raised an eyebrow in surprise, and then her laughter, like tinkling bells, filled the room. "Oh, you Shadowhunters really do deserve more credit. Much tougher then you look." She turned her attention back to the water as Cin's face flickered into life. "Well now,
    Cinead. It seems that you've erred too. Such a shame, I had hoped for so much more from you." A small smile began to lift the corners of her lips as her eyes glittered.

"Really, you have such a strange sense of loyalty. But that's what makes you all the more amusing." Her mirth hid her irritation at being unable to scry the other Lightwood twin, or
    Ash and Morrigan. Wherever they were, they were hidden by a great power, and it made her uneasy to consider exactly who owned that great power. "Oh dear Yorick, I don't believe there's any reason to call in your forces yet. I'm grateful for your concern, but I do believe I can handle Cinead, on my own." Her eyes glowed, and the plants began to encircle the room once more, slithering across the floor and sprouting leaves just to try to touch her. At least they knew not to bite the hand that fed them.

She turned, her bare feet sweeping across the floor. "Please don't trouble yourself on my account. By all means, remain here, in the safety of my palace. And I believe, when I return, that I may have company for you. Although.." her voice echoed down the hallways as the lights extinguished, leaving the Shadowhunter completely in the dark, "he may arrive in several pieces. I'll try to keep something big enough for you to enjoy."

[​IMG]
    Clarity ended the call, letting the phone drop from her hand and onto the coffee table with a clatter. She could hear noise coming, and gently shifted Brianne so the now sleeping Shadowhunter was resting more comfortably. As she shifted, murmuring unintelligibly, Clarity brushed the sweat soaked strands of hair from her face before straightening. She walked towards Roxanne, and then past her, towards the noises. "You can talk to me all you want, sweetheart, but it's not going to do her a sense of good. You think I don't know how this works?" She glanced at Roxanne, over the girl's distinct features. "Pretty sure I met your grandmother at some point. Same hair."

Pausing for a moment, Clarity pulled a knife from her boot. "She would be disappointed in the girl she sees right now. Strong woman. I admired her." She then turned her light colored eyes onto the Shadowhunter. "Yeah, people are going to try to kill her. I would hedge a bet, since you know about it, you were in on the meeting, which means they expect you to do it too. The only reason you're still standing is because I don't see a weapon on you, and I can tell you care for her. In your own way."

She sighed. "But if you go off again, you're only going to get into a worse situation. You think you're the only one here who has it bad? My dad raped my mother in order to create me, then left her to die when I was born an ifrit. I have no family, except for those that I chose to fill those holes. I had no friends, until
    Ash found me and guided me. I could have easily gone mad, or wandered the world slaughtering people in order to try and take vengeance, but honestly, what's the point?"

She yanked another knife out from her sleeve. "So my advice,
    girly? Watch my back. Because I think this is about to get messy." Clarity handed Roxanne one of her knives. "I'm going to want that back. And I mean it. Watch my back. Because if I go, you can be sure as the Angel's holy shit that you're going to go too." Turning, she walked out the doors, towards where Felicia was already charging.....Cinead. Clarity swore, then pulled another knife out of her holster on her belt. One of the few obvious places she kept it. "You're an idiot, fairy, if you think this is going to get you what you want." She called out, circling the battlefield towards Rhett. "I would advise you stay back." She told the werewolf, narrowing her eyes. Had she gotten here earlier, she would have stopped Felicia. But now, it was too late. Best to wait for an opportunity.

[​IMG]
    Alarick glared at Ash before attacking Rhett once more, vaulting through the air to try and slash the werewolf's shoulder. The Downworlder stepped to the side and kicked, forcing Alarick to tumble forward to avoid getting caught by the blow. "Don't think you know anything about my sister, warlock. Don't think you understand the pain she is going to go through. That is the reason I grieve for her. We have been together through everything. Don't pretend to understand our bond. I have walked through every hellfire with her at my side, and now I have to watch while she does this alone. So spare me your words." In his anger, he stabbed into the werewolf's arm. Rhett howled with pain and fury as his eyes darted to Brianne, held captive by Ash's shadow.

"Let her go!" He roared, turning on the
    warlock as he pulled out his gun, and took aim.

[​IMG]
    Gaia gently pressed in on Ash's mind, her thoughts like a soft brooke, bubbling in a stream as she spoke to him through the connection. "They are your weakness, warlock. Prove you are stronger then your weaknesses." As abruptly as her presence had come, it left.

A shadow appeared from the forest, tapping Sien on the shoulder. "You finally understand." The werewolf laughed, her incisors pointed and her eyes glowing. "Come with me, please." She winked at Aethelrick. "You too homeboy." She turned and walked into the jungle, brown hair flying behind her.

13. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Sien hadn't reacted to him yet but finally their guide who'd lead them astray had arrived. Seeing Aethel could see behind Sien's back, he could see the werewolf approach them, however he said nothing to warn Sien of the werewolf behind him, a small smile on his face, he was fairly confident she wasn't a threat anyways. After attracting Sien's attention and telling him they finally figured it out, she winked at him, Aethel returned the wink and found it rather odd she called him homeboy, he didn't know her did he? He probably would remember a close brunette werewolf friend, hmm maybe it was Sarah then again it hardly mattered as he went after her, checking only once if Sien followed him.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  14. Arch Mana Knight

"She is not alone." Ash corrected Alarick, intending to say more when the fake Rhett shouted at him to release Brianne. They were not real. Even as he reminded himself a voice called to his mind cutting through the fog of his thoughts and reminded him of why he was here. The words the fairy girl had spoken to him just before the two were attacked rang in his ears once more. He wanted the test to be something different, for it to be the equivalent of a trick question. But it was not. He had known from the beginning what they had to do and had hesitated for too long now.

With little more than a thought, a bright orb of light materialized inches from the Rhett-doppelganger's face. Ash turned around towards Brianne, ignoring the fury in her eyes as he stepped closer to her while she still struggled against the grasp of his shadow. "
    I'm sorry." He whispered towards Brianne, his hand glowing red as he raised it chest-height, leaving it slightly off-center towards Brianne's left side. In a single swift movement, a searing hot finger penetrated her chest and pierced the fake's heart. His index finger easily slid back out and his shadow released its grip on the girl.

[​IMG]

Rhett knew this would only end bad. Clarity showing up only meant things would get worse. Even as she told him to stay down, Rhett stepped closer towards the battle with his hatchet in hand. "You stay back. If Ash was here I almost guarantee that he'd be telling you to listen to me instead of the other way around." He did not want to get back into a fight so soon. Not when he had not fully recovered. Clarity hardly seemed to be in any better of a condition to fight and yet here she was wishing to put herself in harm's way. Avoiding a fight was what he wanted but now that it was too late, the last thing he could do was allow Felicia to fight on her own.

[​IMG]

Impressed with the wolf's ferocity, Cin decided that he would make sure to kill her quickly if incapacitating her failed. He raised his sword used the hilt to knock the dagger out of the air before turning the blade ever so slightly to block the incoming blade of Felicia's own sword. "It will be a shame to continue on without you." Cin mused, his sword held steady in his right hand. He clenched his right fist and swung it down towards Felicia's stomach before stepping back and drawing his claymore with his free hand. Out of the corner of his eye he could see both Clarity and Rhett readying to fight him as well, no doubt waiting for him to lower his guard and strike him from a blind spot.

"
    Shall you all face me at once or will I crush you one by one?" Cin swung the long claymore he wielded in a horizontal arc towards Felicia, his reach extending far enough to reach the pack forcing them to back away swiftly just to escape with their lives.

15. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Nicholas Nightwine
    Nick could hardly react before he was suddenly yanked against a tree by vines. He instinctively tried to break free but his arms were trapped. His breathing rate increased, his heart pumped faster, he feared for his very life right now. What if they couldn't get out? Was this a test? He couldn't think straight but one thing stood out in his mind "Morrigan, you have, uh, plant magic right? Can you, uh, help me get out?" he hurriedly asked, stressed by the suddenness of this situation. He vaguely remembered reading something about this on the file he was given about Morrigan, he was given a file for each of the people who were going with him to Somalia. He wished he'd read them properly.

Masque
    Masque stared at the knife and easel that he'd been given Even the simplist of lies can hold the most complicated truth. Poetic. True. But what message could it be conveying. He slowly walked over and picked up the knife. Sometimes the purest of artwork, must be tainted by the blood of those innocent of the crime. That was more obvious. He slowly turned to Valister, knife in his hands "...Do you understand? This is a test. Do you understand? Will you... let me?"

Agents of Augur
    "If you know so much you probably know where we're going, don't you?" White queen crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow "Somalia. Gaia's jungle. We need to have a chat with her"

Black Knight rolled her eyes at the demon's comment "Look who's talking, the guy who got beat by a nineteen year old and his friends" she said "We're going to make you fight a werewolf. Only rule is you can't kill him. If you start to get out of control, I will make you understand the meaning of pain" she said, before leaving the demon alone

White Rook guided Grayson along the corridors
    "It's a demon. Goes by the name of "Slavko", but that doesn't matter. Due to your upgrades, he should be no match for you. Remember, don't kill him" he said, before putting him in the room with Slavko and leaving them alone. Doctor Bishop appeared in a window high in the wall. The room was looking more and more like an arena
    "You may begin. We simply wish to observe"

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Clarity left the room and started to talk to her as they walked. Of course Clarity had to bring up her grandmother. Things couldn't just be left to simple what was in front of them. "Don't you think I know that she would be disappointed? She was strong, she was the reason I wanted to be a shadow hunter. However I instead let her only daughter and son in law die. Her granddaughter taken away. And the only hope of our family line has been killed by my own hands... well at least a family line that will know what line they truly belong to. So don't you damn stand there and tell me about her disappointment because I already know." Roxanne retorted, stiffening a little as she did, her hands clenched at her side.

Then finally talk shifted to the actual situation. It didn't surprise her that they knew that people would try and kill
    Brianne, but Roxanne knew enough to offer suggestions. "Did you know that The Inquisitor has a time limit? Three days from the Seelie Queen, and before she changes from Old Man. Take Brianne and hide her, don't tell me where though. Lay low for three days then deal with what comes next, but Old man says he nor the Inquisitor can touch her after she sifts." Roxanne provided Clarity with a little more detail. "I was supposed to help the Inquisitor deal with things peacefully and then it changed, he got stressed and sent me away. But I can't stay here long, it will just bring problems. My life is held in the hands of others now, I won't be allowed away for long before it gets me in trouble." Roxanne tried to explain, but she was handed a knife as they went outside.

It was odd holding a knife other than her own, but she would do as she was told and watch
    Clarity's back for the time being. She couldn't just leave right now without it seeming like something else was going on. She needed to show that she was on their side. As they walked out Roxanne laid eyes on the fight that was happening. She stayed close to Clarity, but unlike the girl, had no desire to get involved in the fight unless really necessary.
    [​IMG]
    Felicia grit her teeth as both attacks were blocked followed by her receiving a punch in the stomach. She was forced to move back slightly before Cinaed swung at her. She held her sword with two hands as she blocked the attack, barely able to hold it back at the moment. Her eyes dashed to her pack and back to Cinaed as she pushed his claymore away. She then brought her sword in an upward sweep, aimed for Cin's middle. Her swing strong, she was trying to end him quickly. She couldn't afford to fight for too long, she needed to either let her wound heal or stitch it up eventually. She couldn't just keep on fighting in this shape, but if it would save her pack then she would.
    [​IMG]
    "Yeah yeah you don't need to remind me." Slavko waved the woman off before she left, not without telling him he was to fight a werewolf. Though the problem with that, was he was not left with his weapon, and hand to hand combat was not Slavko's strong suite. "So you don't want me to kill him, and you don't want him to kill me, but you give me no way to fight, seems fair." Slavko mumbled.

He glanced at his opponent. There was no way he could win this fight, so why should he even bother. Though the rules forbid them to kill each other, perhaps Slavko could piss the wolf off enough to make him break the rules. It would be a win win. He would get out of the place and eventually come back somewhere else, and mister wolfie would get in trouble.
    "So how did a puppy like yourself find yourself here? Did mommy abandon you? Where you just looking for a friend to love your ugly mug? Or perhaps you actually believed yourself strong and found that wrong." Slavko commented, ready to dodge whatever Grayson tried. If he could keep dodging and keep taunting, Grayson might get fed up enough to accidentally put too much power behind an attack, and then the he would win, once again.

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

When both Roxanne and Clarity had gone off, Creed had chosen to stay behind. Given the direction they were running off in, he could assume that they were heading towards where Felicia, Cin and Rhett were and he wanted no part of that. Having stared down the hall long enough, Creed looked back to the resting Brianne. Just what had happened between at the bar and now that would get her sick. He remembered that her hand was trembling as they left so maybe that had something to do with it. "Great, you're sick an I have no idea what's wrong. Some help I am." Creed said to himself mostly.

[​IMG]

Sien jumped feeling someone tap him on the shoulder. Upon turning around, he wasn't expecting to see a werewolf. Though given what had transpired with the others, he figured what this meant. It was finally their turn for whatever Gaia had in store for them. The warlock didn't know just what it was, but there was only one way to figure out so Sien followed behind the werewolf.

Valister understood perfectly and in truth he wanted to be the one holding the knife instead of Masque. That wouldn't have changed the outcome of all this, but it was a small precaution nonetheless. "Yes, I do." Once the agreement was made, Valister held out his arm for Masque to find a place to cut and draw the nessisary blood.

18. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Hestia finished marking the powder on the floor, then stood, letting the empty bag fall to her side. "Good. She's been away far too long." Her hair slipped over her shoulder as she began to write lettering into the powder, carving out the words that would send them to where they wanted to go. "Though I feel I must warn you, she won't make it easy. It's your master she wants." Pausing for a moment, Hestia looked at the two soldiers with a sigh. "Most underestimate her, because of her gentle nature. I would advise against it. She did give birth to Titania, after all." Getting back to her feet, she clapped her hands together, and intoned the spell in Arabic. The portal rose from the ground, a dark tunnel that seemed to writhe and at the same time not move at all.

"And there you are. Though..." she tapped her finger against her cheek, "It's only one way. Good luck getting back!" Passing by
    Black Rook, she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Let me know if you want something for those nightmares. I can do income based." She winked, then strolled back to the kitchen to pour herself a glass of the blue liquid on the counter. Portal making was thirsty work, after all.

[​IMG]
    Clarity paused, before glaring at Rhett. "I'm not quite as stupid as you seem to think." She said acidly. She couldn't see a way to save Felicia from Cin's grasp, and she refused to put herself in between Rhett and a fight. The scars that hadn't yet healed from his skin indicated how badly that could go for her. Even if it was Rhett, he was still a werewolf, and they weren't entirely ruled by human instincts. She stepped back, and looked at Roxanne. For once, she could agree with the girl. Neither of them wanted to get involved, because they simply didn't have the hero complexes their compatriots had.

"I'll remember, white roses for your grave." She told
    Rhett as an idea popped into her head. "You should at least give your wolves the chance to escape before Cin uses them as individual punching bags. Tell them if they go into the Institute, they'll be safe." She sighed. "Or don't. Come on Roxi baby." She bolted back inside, speeding towards the room she had just left. Brianne was still asleep, a stranger staring at her. Clarity froze, then sighed. "Angel's tits, you scared me." She commented, before pointing at the stele. "Roxanne, grab that. If I do it, I'll end up worse then dead."

[​IMG]
    "ANGEL!" Rhett screamed as Brianne slid to the ground, her eyes empty, body limp. The howl that tore from the werewolf's throat was both inhuman filled with such pain that if Alarick's heart hadn't broken at the sight of his twin's body on the ground, he might have felt sorry for the phantasm. Because they weren't real, they couldn't be real. Even if Brianne's first Change was accelerated, she would not be strong enough to coherently fight for a few days after.

Still, the sight burned him to his core as he turned, cutting Rhett across the stomach as the werewolf charged
    Ash. The injury dropped him, and Alarick stood over, hand clenching his staff as the werewolf simply reached out, fingers stretching for Brianne's own. The hallucinations were true to life, and what he said told him more then words ever could. Alarick set his mouth in a firm line, and cut Rhett's throat, turning away as he clicked the button, sliding the blades back into the wood.

The fairy reappeared, her face solemn as she looked down at the bodies. "It seems Gaia was right about you." She said, her voice gentle. "She had hoped you would have the drive to complete the task set before you, no matter the consequence." The fairy knelt, closing Brianne and Rhett's eyes. "Follow me, please."

She turned, and walked back into the forest. Alarick went after her, unable to look at
    Ash, or the bodies they left behind.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan's gaze snapped up, and she stared at Nick, really stared at him for a few seconds, before turning her eyes to the plants that bound him. She tried to reach them with her magic, but she was too far. Gritting her teeth, she slid her arms through the bars, hissing as the iron scalded them where it touched her skin. "I won't be able to do this for very long." The plants were now just barely on the fringes of her magic, and they writhed, fed by Gaia's magic but being forced down by hers. She was able to pull them away from his arms by a few inches, but his legs remained trapped. "Nick please hurry." She whispered, her voice filled with pain.

[​IMG]
    Brianne's eyes flickered open at the sound of Creed's voice. She moved to sit up just as Clarity barged back in. "Wha..." Brianne's eyes narrowed. Clarity clearly wanted Roxanne to do something. And judging from the noises outside...."We need a barrier rune." Clarity told her, light colored eyes wary. "Cinead is out there. You might have met him. But I don't want him to meet you, not right now. So." Brianne nodded, pulling her stele out with some difficulty, and setting it on the table, her arm shaking.

Her eyes were hazy, but filled with determination. "No one can help me,
    Creed." she whispered with a gentle smile. "Roxanne has to do the barrier rune. I don't think I can carve them anymore." The sentence hurt to say, but it was the truth. To use her angel given rights would only accelerate the process, and she wanted to cherish every minute she had left as her old self.

[​IMG]
    Grayson stared at Slavko, then raised an eyebrow. "I was always told demons were somewhat intelligent. I suppose everyone's prone to overestimation though." He looked around the battle arena, then up. No doubt Paragon, or at the very least, the good doctor was waiting for him to do something. Grayson sauntered over to the wall, drew back his fist, and put at least a little effort into it. The wall spider-webbed under the force of the blow, and he grinned, stepping back to view the damage. "Gotta say, doc. I'm pretty excited that I still look gorgeous, and have all this strength. It feels pretty good to be me." He turned back to view Slavko.

"You hedging your bets on coming back? I wouldn't. Judging by the screams going around this place, there's a hell of a lot of your kind waiting their turn first. Might be years." He grinned, folding his arms across his chest. "So come on, let's see if you can make me mad. I'm waiting."

The dagger glints as Masque draws towards Valister, pulling it across the open skin of his arm. There is a slight tickling sensation, but the blood flows freely, allowing Masque to begin his work. As time wears on however, Valister's thirst begins to worsen, a yellow sheen along the blade of the knife perhaps revealing the reason why.
    The werewolf glanced behind her, then turned, walking backwards. "So, you've got a bow." She winked at Sien. "Always loved a good archer. Bullets are a bit too quick for me." She nodded towards Aethelrick. "Though nothing against you. Still, timing is everything, isn't it?" She turned, and faded from view as the leaves rattled overhead.

A leaf fell onto the right side of
    Sien's chest, plastering itself to his clothing as if glued there. An odd prickling, followed by a sensation of ice, would only grow as time went on. The same happened to the left side of Aethelrick's chest.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Roxanne was thankful that they didn't stay around the battle long, she did not need another thing to happen that could lead to her death, she was barely dodging it as it was. She chased after Clarity inside the institute, a great number of Felicia's wolves following behind as per a silent command given mid fight. The only two wolves that remained were the two that had stayed beside her the entire time, almost as body guards. They had not stepped in the fight yet, but they remained even still.

The wolves were left after they entered the institute, leaving Roxanne and
    Clarity to go in peace to the room that they left Brianne in. As they entered, Roxanne observed that Brianne began to wake up. A command from Clarity and the help of Brianne, Roxanne now held a stele in her hand once again. It didn't feel right though, this was not her stele, it was Brianne's. Brianne should be the one drawing the rune to protect the institute, not her. Though in the end there was no choice. She didn't know where any other fellow Shadow hunters were, but the only other one here couldn't do it. It was up to her whether she liked it or not.

Holding the stele in her hand, Roxanne went back to the entrance, allowing any last werewolves that wanted in, in. She took once glance at the fight outside then took a deep breath and began to draw the rune. Her hand shook slightly as she did so, it all felt so wrong, but she did what she had to. This would help keep
    Brianne safe. Not from Corvo who could simply remove the rune, but from the threat that was outside, the fight that was going on.

When she completed the task Roxanne returned to the room and set the stele on the table. As much as it would be useful to have, she couldn't stand using it more than she had to, because it was
    Brianne's. Brianne was the one supposed to be doing it, Brianne should be using the stele, not her. Roxanne wanted her own back, but more than anything she wanted things to go back to the way they were. She could handle losing all that she had lost, but she couldn't lose anyone else. Not again. She didn't know what she would do with herself. The room felt too quiet, too sad. Roxanne looked around an open spot, moving a couple things to make one big enough. When there was enough room she took a few slow steps and one deep breath before jumping into one of her award winning floor routines that she had learned in gymnastics a few years before. She still couldn't clear her head but she could lose herself in this, and perhaps lighten the mood in the room slightly, entertain the others so it didn't feel so dark and sad in the room.

[​IMG]
    Slavko simply leaned against the wall as Grayson first punched it and then began to talk himself. The wolf was stronger than a normal person should be, that meant that he probably was given something by the doctor, judging by the mans words, it was right on the money too. An unfair advantage for the wolf, but what could he do about it? Then there was the fact that Grayson seemed to know what he was trying to do and even taunting him back, a sad attempt at it however.

"Yes yes they won't let you kill me, you won't kill me and others are waiting to die. You think I am stupid and all that, I get it. I will not confirm or deny your statements, they may or may not be true, and they may or may not come to pass, but hey a guys got to try. After all I need to get out of here at some point so I can put down the rest of you pups. So easy to pick some off after you disappeared really. They were nice and weak too. I just look forward to a challenge in the future. So what do you say making things a little more interesting for the audience?" Slavko suggested, glancing up to where he assumed the doctor was watching from.

20. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

They followed the werewolf into the forest, she made a comment about the bow and a little riddle about timing being everything. Then the leaves rattled overhead and two fell down, one on him and one on Sien, it stuck to his chest as if it were glued on. The skin beneath tingled at first and then it felt like there had been icewater thrown on there, but it wouldn't just flow off the cold only seeping into his flesh, he gritted his teeth. "Sien, since this thing is all about bonds, this might be one of them trust tests...." Aethelrick said, the cold growing worse and it was bugging him as the ice spread. "The riddle timing is everything... I think... it means you and I will have to simultaneously shoot those leaves.... Unless I'm thinking of it wrongly... If we stand with the smallest possible target we can simultaneously shoot and prevent from murdering each other outright because of the vector... if we do this I must prepare one thing..." Aethelrick taking hold of the P90 in one hand and his Stele in the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.