The Mortal Instruments

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce stared at the door in the hallway, then sighed, dropping the incredibly heavy bag with a thunk. She waited another moment, enjoying the last few minutes of peace and quiet, before knocking on the door. Yorick had said that Corvo would be here. He hadn't given her false information, but lately...she frowned. Lately something had been off. And she wasn't supposed to be here, but who would stop her? Knocking on the door, forcefully, Luce picked the bag back up with effort, and a heavy sigh. Just when she had thought she would get everything she ever wanted, of course all the cards had to come tumbling down.
    [​IMG]
    Hestia gently pet the small cat, made completely of fire, as she gazed up at the skylight. It wasn't yet dawn, but Hestia didn't need sleep. Not right now, not when for the first time in centuries, things were finally starting to happen. She smiled as the fire cat purred, arching its back in pleasure. The doorbell rang. She hadn't been expecting anyone this early, but well, the early bird got the worm, or some such mundane thing.

Gathering the cat in her arms, Hestia wrapped the dressing gown around her body a little more tightly before going to answer the door. "Yes?" She opened it, viewing the
    vampire and werewolf with slight curiosity, her yellow eyes glinting against the flames of the creature in her arms. "What can I do for you two?"
    [​IMG]
    Yorick stood before the Seelie Queen, his eyes watching her nervously. "We just need to retrieve the Cup, after which you'll have the location of the Mirror?" He shifted nervously, though his face was slack. It felt strange, to have the conflicting desire to be calm, and to worry at the same time. Luce had elected not to come with, against his desires, and he worried for her, though he was angry she hadn't obeyed him. But Luce rarely completely obeyed him....such contradictions in his mind. He decided to remain calm, and stopped shifting. "I've gathered most of the ones required. Just need the warlock Masque and the one they call Creed. It wouldn't hurt to have Clarity, just in case the one we have dies before.."
    [​IMG]

Titania glided over to Yorick, gently caressing his face with one hand. "I will ensure you have everything you need to summon the Angel." she soothed him, watching as his face slackened. "If you require a warlock, I have a better one in mind. Ash...he has taken something precious from me. His associate, has taken something else. I mean to make them both pay. Then you can have him for your...sacrifice." She smiled, lowering her hand and brushing the rest of the powder off discreetly. "But I don't see Luce. She didn't obey you." Titania shook her head. "I would like to see her..." Not all hope is lost.

She had forgotten about the Nephilim girl until the last moment, but it seemed hope could still be regained. Now if she could only find the Cup and the Sword.....She turned, her dress sweeping around her bare feet. "Yorick." She purred, walking up to him again. "Tell me, sweet Shadowslayer, who was the last person to have the Mortal Sword?"

[​IMG]
    Clarity sighed. "You know, Brianne does have her own line. If you wanted a booty call, you could have left those images out of my mind." She turned, walking the phone over to the girl. "It's someone called Paragon. Said he wants a hot date." She couldn't resist trying, just to see Brianne smile a little. And to needle Rhett. She glanced at the werewolf, one eyebrow raised. "Might as well give your competition some room." She murmured before stepping back, allowing Brianne some privacy.

[​IMG]
    Brianne took the phone from Clarity, raising her eyebrows, but not replying. She didn't know what to say to Rhett. He was trying so hard, and it had been a mistake, but underneath the grief and the depression, she was angry. And she feared what would happen when that rage was let loose. The one place she could be locked up safely would be here. She couldn't trust any other walls to harbor her, any other chains to hold her until she was calm again. Pressing a cool hand to her forehead, she shut her eyes for a moment, before pressing the phone to her cheek.

"This is Brianne." She tried to project some strength into her voice; after all,
    Paragon wasn't necessarily an enemy, but he wasn't a friend either, and she didn't trust him as far as she could have tried to throw him in her current state.

2. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

The Ifrit merely stood by as the Warlock and the Fae sorted some things within their group."No questions then? Very well. If you would follow me." The Ifrit said as he started to walk off, leading the group towards their destination, as he did one of the group came to him, also a warlock and asked him about his horns. "Indeed I do, my friend, and I have been able to hide them with Lady Gaia's help, she provided me with a glamour in return for my service." Shadi said with a friendly smile, there was no reason for him not to. "What sort of things have you tried to hide them?" The Ifrit asked the warlock. After a short walk through the jungle the group lead by Shadi arrived at a clearing within the majestic jungle, surrounding the clearing were houses that had grown into the trees.

3. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

The Inquisitor felt immediately more relieved once Roxanne left. He bolted the door afterwards and watched through the looking glass as she disappeared down the corridor, and that was that. He cleared his things off his bed and put them into the wardrobe in the room, hanging up his clothes and placing his toiletries in the bathroom. He was going to be staying here for a while. There was a ways to go before anything could happen, and he was determined not to give observers any more of a show now that the dangerous element of Roxanne was gone. He removed his coat and boots and unstrapped the Contender from his chest and placed it on the chair which he moved near the bed, with a box of ammunition. He could relax, but defence was close. He lay down on his bed, staring at the ceiling and tried to calm his thoughts. He put his fingers to his temples and ran through some basic calming tactics, exhaling and inhaling deeply and trying to rationalise the situation. Eventually, he managed to calm his frayed nerves, after perhaps forty-five minutes of this almost meditative state. His peace however, did not last long. Little more than fifteen minutes later, there was a hard knock at the door. He shot up and within moments had his gun strapped to his chest. He hurriedly put on his boots and threw on his coat. He crossed the room swiftly and looked through the glass.
    "Luce Hemmingway," Corvo spoke, opening the door for his fellow Shadow Hunter. "You rarely leave Yorick's side, let alone Alicante. What brings you here?" He gestured for her to enter the room. Something about this set off his nerves. Once again, the swirls of thought began to spin again in his mind as he considered what the person who considered him her greatest rival for Yorick's approval had come to him, Inquisitor of the Clave, for.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As Roxanne neared the institute, there was something off. The building seemed to be in worse shape than when she had left it earlier, and people that she did not recognize were patrolling the grounds. Against her better instinct, Roxanne continued forward to figure out what was going on. She wanted to just use her stele and draw an invisibility rune on herself, but she didn't even have that with her. Corvo had taken any way she had to defend herself. The Seelie Queen wanted to kill Brianne and was holding her life as a hostage and yet still he had told her to leave and hadn't given her a single thing to protect herself with. She supposed she just had to try and talk her way though it. If these werewolves decided to kill her, they would probably quickly find themselves on a hit list. On top of that, it would probably be a more merciful death than would be given if Corvo failed his task.

Roxanne approached the institute doors, and to her surprise, no one had stopped her. She opened the door and soon discovered why she had not been stopped from going inside. The inside was filled with people and wolves milling about, most turning to look at her. However the one that stared at her from the stairs raised her hand and a good portion stopped what they were doing and just sat there. Chances were that she was the alpha of this little pack.

[​IMG]
    "What business do you have here, girl?" Felicia eyed Roxanne as she entered. She looked to be in horrible shape and she seemed to have been crying a short while ago. Who was this person and why would they openly just walk into a building when werewolves were patrolling it. It was suspicious, but she would give the girl a chance to talk. If she was running in here in such a shape, there had to be a reason and if it was something to do with the Nephilim, she had no right to deny her that.

"Why are you in my home! Where is Brianne! If you hurt her I will KILL you!" Roxanne started to scream at the girl, her hysteria only getting worse. She feared that it might be too late, that everyone might be dead already. She feared the Clave had someone else carry out the task and now these people just took over the building as a place to stay.

"Woah calm down. Your home? You are a shadow hunter then. One of your friends is in the room towards the back there, the rest have left." Felicia told Roxanne remaining calm since this girl clearly couldn't. "Go see her if you wish. The others in the building won't touch you unless I or another commands it, but I don't see that happening." Felicia told Roxanne as she gestured for Roxanne to go find Brianne.

The girl didn't need encouragement to leave. She found herself running down the hall towards the room. She stopped when she saw an ifrit standing in the doorway. She recognized the girl, just barely as a friend of Brianne. "I need to see Brianne now. Please! It is urgent. Let me in!" Roxanne begged. There was a slight tremble to her hand but she kept herself as pulled together as she could possibly manage given the situation.

"You claim to know Brianne. So do you know who that was?" Felicia asked Creed, curious about the girl. Who she was and what her problem was. She didn't expect the boy to know all of Brianne's friends but perhaps she could get some sort of answers. If she didn't, well a freaked out Nephilim was not her problem in the end.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "The train, actually." She replied, stepping inside his room and dropping the bag once more on the floor, rubbing her shoulder where the strap had rubbed her skin raw. A tank top was probably not the best idea for wardrobe when going into battle, but she had trouble keeping cool. "And then my own feet. You're welcome for that, by the way." She turned, her sharp eyes roaming over Corvo's appearance. "You look like hell."

She commented, throwing herself onto the bed and crossing her arms behind her head with a sigh. "Is New York really that bad?" Because if it is, it's about to get worse. "I came to delight you with the presence of my company, because I didn't want to go visit the Seelie Queen with Yorick." She kept her eyes on
    Corvo, gauging his every reaction. "And before you look in the bag, he's removed all the iron." Sitting up, she crossed her legs, moving her fingers through her red hair to begin re-braiding it into a tighter weave. "Care to hazard a guess as to why?"

[​IMG]
    Gaia had her hand pressed against the ground, feeling the flow of life around her as she smiled. This forest had been created from a whim, but it took surprisingly little energy to keep the greenery alive in the middle of a desert. Just another sign that life could always find a way. Taking her hand off the ground, she looked up as Shadi approached. "Thank you." She told him, straightening as her regal voice echoed through the small clearing. She looked over the group, and was not disappointed in what she saw. The warlock, Ash, held Morrigan by the hand as they led the group. Valister, the only vampire to make the journey, was hanging around the middle of the group with Sien, the second warlock. Both were studiously avoiding themselves and each other, focusing on the magic around them.

Masque was somewhat hidden behind Morrigan, and Gaia tilted her head, the waves of raven black hair tumbling over her shoulder. It seemed the fairy was more forgiving then even she had anticipated. The Shadowhunters brought up the rear. She could see the pain written across Alarick's soul, though hidden from his face. Nick, at his side, trying to be a pillar of strength. And Aethelrick, unsure of his future. This was going to be interesting.

"You have traveled far to see me. It is only fair I allow you the courtesy of rest, before you continue on your journey." Her eyes flicked from
    Nick, to Ash, and then Morrigan. "You all have something you would ask of me, a question, or a request. This will not come free of charge." A small child peeked out form a tree, and Gaia turned to smile a the girl, kneeling down and reaching out a hand. The girl came forward, speaking in Somalian nervously as she looked over the ragtag group. Gaia replied in kind, kissing the girl's forehead before standing again as the child took off, disappearing into the jungle.

"You are each strong in your way. But the bonds between you are still weak, prone to breaking at the slightest discretion." Her eyes slid back to
    Nick, and then Masque, before she turned. "You may rest here. When you are ready, one of my people will come to guide you to the village where we reside. There will be time for your questions, your...requests..." Her eyes turned to Morrigan, and rested on the fairy. "later. You have done well, banríon." She turned, and walked back into the forest, disappearing into the trees.

The clearing you have been left in is sunny, the jungle dense but filled with birdsong. When you are ready to leave, have your character state so in your post.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan had trouble not simply falling to her knees when they walked into Gaia's presence. The sense of awe was overwhelming, as was the magic that seemly permeated the air. She could only listen, her hand tightening around Ash's when Gaia looked her way. It wasn't until the Mother of Fairies was gone that she felt she could relax, and leaned against a tree, tilting her head up to look at the sky. "Something's not quite right, here." She murmured. Not that she had expected to be taken directly to Gaia's home, but the way the fey had phrased her words.

"What do you think?" She looked up at
    Ash, keeping an eye on Masque just in case he ran into trouble.

6. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

She was exactly the same as she usually was. Always full of wit and a smart comment or two at hand. He didn't deign to respond to her comments over how she got there, he knew she was being flippant and he didn't particularly feel like responding to it. Right now, he was on edge and he had only recently managed to get his nerves back in order. She commented on his appearance and glanced in the mirror as he followed her into the room. He did look pale, and there were dark lines beneath his eyes. It hit me worse than I thought it would.
    "And you don't look like you're prepared for battle exactly." He decided to take the chair as she had already helped herself to his bed. He was willing to let it slide on this occasion. Out of curiosity. "Thanks for bringing this by the way. And yes, things are bad. Between rebellious Nephlim and this Downworlder hunt, and the mess over Brianne turning... It's stressful. And I know that Aethelrick is here too. I can't think of anyone else crazy enough to plan a break in at the Institute to rescue Cyrus." Apparently Yorick was here visiting the Seelie Queen. He frowned.
    "Good idea. I don't think she's your type of company. I had the misfortune just a few hours ago." He spoke dryly. When she mentioned the bag, he nodded and began to unzip it to retrieve his equipment. "So, Yorick and the Seelie Queen... That about confirms it. Apparently he doesn't want me to be able to defend myself. Damn." Why Yorick was making an alliance with the Seelie Queen was beyond him. It didn't make sense.
    "Yorick's a fool if he thinks this arrangement will go well. I know her well enough to say that she only does things for her own benefit, and on her own whims." Corvo opened the bag and retrieved his crossbow, patting the sleek black weapon affectionately. He looked up at his new companion. "Grim as it sounds... Find a new career. Trailing Yorick and playing teacher's pet to him has a limited lifespan now. He's going to get himself killed. Damn, I know that she's watching right now. And he'll be right there with her by the sounds of it. Take care of yourself Luce. There are things going on here that even I don't understand." He stood up, bolts and stakes stacked under his arm. He pushed the wardrobe door open with his foot and rested the crossbow and ammunition against the wall. He reached into the bag and picked out the leather bandolier for his crossbow then slung it over his shoulder.
    "How long are you and Yorick here?" He needed information. Right now, the best thing that he could do was try to get as much as he could on what was going on. Information was power. If he had a time frame, then he could understand what was happening. This arrangement with the Seelie Queen, and Yorick leaving Alicante... Something didn't feel right about any of this. If Luce had abandoned Yorick and come here to see him, then there was obviously more at play.

7. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

White queen drew herself up regally as they were greeted by the high warlock
    "Greetings Hestia, or Lady Sunspoke if you prefer" she said as she curtsied respectfully. Black Rook rolled his eyes and grumbled but nodded his head in respect "We are here because there is nowhere else we can go to, we need to travel somewhere quickly, but, oh my gosh, most conventional methods of travel are simply far too slow" she sighed melodramatically "And I heard that you could help in that regard. Could you make a portal for me and my friends? We can give you anything you would like in return"

"Brianne! How lovely to speak to you again..." Paragon greeted cheerfully, before his tone sunk to one of despair "... but in such terrible circumstances. I'm so sorry about what's happened and I'm afraid I only have more bad news to pile on" Paragon paused for a moment for dramatic effect "The Seelie Queen. Titania. She knows... and she wants you dead. From my observations I have managed to gather that she needed you before you became infected. Beware. She asked the inquisitor, Corvo, and your fellow shadowhunter Roxanne to kill you. In fact she's coming for you right now" he let that sink in "Everyone seems to be against you Brianne, but I will always be an ally to the forces who keep order"
    Nick was about to make some witty comment of some kind when he suddenly stopped in awe of Gaia. He could feel the true magical power that emanated from her presence. It was very impressive. Was it just him, or did she stare at him slightly longer than at the others? As soon as she was gone he let out a sigh of relief that he hadn't realised he'd been holding in. He turned to Alarick with a gentle smile "So are you going to ask her something?"

Masque looked down awkwardly "Before I could use glamours... I couldn't hide my horns... everyone noticed. Called me a witch... a freak... an abomination... my own mother left me" Masque stuttered "And nobody was willing to help this poor little warlock who had no idea why everyone hated him and couldn't hide so all he could do was run and run and... sorry" Masque hadn't realised he'd been rambling and backed away from Shadi apologetically. As soon as Gaia entered he was struck with awe much like Nick. She was beautiful, she was carved from stars themselves, and she was powerful too, she simply radiated authority. As soon as she left, Masque sat on the grass and got out his sketchbook as he started the long gentle pencil lines of his drawing.

8. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Shadi walked with the other warlock as he explained his issue "I am very sorry to hear that. Odd that the glamours would not work, maybe Lady Gaia could help you with it, if you so desire." The Ifrit said, Masque then even apologised for rambling "It is alright, my friend. From what you share, you have been through much." He offered with a smile and gave the warlock a pat on the shoulder. He lead the group through the woods and towards the clearing where Lady Gaia dismissed him. He simply bowed and took his leave disappearing into the Jungle.

Aethelrick, near the rear of the group was amazed by the fact something so alive could be in such a place. He too could feel the raw magical power at work here. "Sweet mother of mercy..." He mumbled softly, simply amazed at all this. When they came before the queen, he was left without breath, he had seen plenty of fair specimens of the fairer gender, but this one took the crown, quite litteraly. Her pale skin like fresh unblemished snow under the light of the silver moon. The contrasting black hair like the coat of a raven. Her entire semblance reminding him of the clear skies in Idris at night. The deep blue with the pale light from moon and stars.

As the Queen spoke, Athel was listening attentively to all she said and not just what she said, but how she said it. After all a fae was a fae. Their bonds weren't strong, well for him personally that was simply because he practicly just met everyone here, well except the Lightwood lad, not that it mattered. Strongest bonds were forged through shared hardship.... The fae then mentioned something not seeming right. "I gotta agree there." Aethel told Morrigan as he sat down in the grass, folding his legs below him, keeping his hands on his knees. "There's gonna be a demand for her gift and I don't like the implications about said demands..." Then again if each and everyone would be granted a request or a question, imagine what they could learn. He looked around once again taking in what mundies would perceive as an outright miracle and he had to give it to them, it wasn't far off. Despite the long journey not even looking at the one he made to New York he was ready for whatever he would have to face.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  9. Arch Mana Knight

Ash scratched his chin, watching as Gaia disappeared under the cover of the thick vegetation which sprouted through her great power. With her beauty and strength untouched by time, he wondered what could have driven Gaia from the Seelie Court. Perhaps it was out of shame for the actions and beliefs held by her own daughter, Titania. Given how things were run within the Court, Ash knew things would be much better had Titania not been allowed to take power in the first place. Gaia must have known this, so why did she choose to stay away?

His thou
    ghts were put on hold upon hearing Morrigan speak. "She owes us nothing. It only makes sense that we should have to prove our worth to her. Though..." He lowered his voice so only Morrigan could hear. "She seems fond of you." Ash gently squeezed Morrigan's hand, his mind running over what he had once dismissed as coincidences but only know took it as an emerging pattern. Ash shivered at the consequences of what came to mind, hoping that a far-fetched idea could not be true. Still, so many things did not add up unless he made large leaps of logic with little evidence other than conjecture.

"
    Her words can be taken in so many ways." He raised his eyebrows in slight amusement at the thought. "To one of her stature, any bonds must seem fragile." Shrugging, he shifted his weight from one foot to the other as his eyes went up towards the clear skies above though it was partially obscured by the thicket which surrounded them. A distinct lack of mosquitoes and the other insects which normally plagued jungles such as these was quite apparent to him and a welcome change to the naturally occurring version of the biome. The only bloodsuckers they had to worry about were vampires and it was not as if those posed a threat here.

"
    What about you? Thoughts? Feelings?" Ash looked down at Morrigan curiously.

Ash wanted to move on.

[​IMG]

"Paragon?" Rhett glanced over at Clarity who had stepped back to give Brianne room but he made no such move. "That's the guy who showed up after my fight with Keller." Figuring that was who called him, he wondered why the fairy had not chosen to simply call Brianne directly. A fairy with a knack for technology hardly seemed like a good combination. Rhett could only guess what the man could have wanted. From his own past experience, dealing with the fey in general just seemed like asking for trouble. At least with warlocks you always knew what you were bargaining for. Concrete contracts, an exchange of goods and services, that sort of thing. However, Morrigan seemed like a breath of fresh air compared to the others he had seen.

The werewolf crossed and uncrossed his arms as he idly waited about for Brianne to finish her call with Paragon, impatiently waiting for her to tell him what was being said. A part of him wished to simply step even closer towards the girl to overhear what was being said but he trusted Brianne to tell him what was going on. They were in this together.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Hearing someone else call out Brianne's name, Creed looked towards the one that Felicia was speaking to. He'd recognized her at the one who opted to stay out of this, but she looked to be much worse for wear than she was the last time that he saw her. She seemed to be just as tense as she was before giving how she openly threatened Felicia, who just responded as calmly as she could. Probably for the best.

As she ran off towards where Brianne was, Felicia questioned if he knew her. At first Creed simply shrugged.
    "I know that she's a shadow hunter, but beyond that I got nothing." Creed answered. Prior to all this he'd tried to stay out of any shadow hunter business, of course he had no idea that simply knowing one would get him involved.

[​IMG]

Sien was looking around at the scenery around them. He wasn't used to all this magic being around him at one time and taking into account that he could actually feel the magic made the experience all the better. When Gaia had started speaking to them, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that she had an empowering aura behind her voice, one that was easily felt behind each word that she spoke. After her words had sunk in, Sien's mind started to ponder what this 'charge' she had mentioned. Just what was it that she wanted in exchange for their various questions/requests. They were given the option to rest here until someone came to get them, maybe it would be a good idea to take that into consideration. Some of the others were doing the same so why not join them. "But what could she want from us as a charge?" Sien wondered aloud.

Sien opts to stay.

In all his years Valister never thought, let alone imagine, that he'd end up speaking to Gaia herself. It he were the kind of person to actually make a bucket list, this would probably be up there. Actually that probably wouldn't be up on the list on the first place. He'd either need some damn good foresight or sheer luck (which seems to be the factor in this case) for that to work. Naturally he was wondering what she meant by the charge, but he didn't feel like waiting around. Thus he opts to move on.

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "That's not entirely fair." Luce flipped her hair over her shoulder, raising an eyebrow. "He didn't take out the wooden stakes, or the silver bullets. He just doesn't want you to kill any fairies. Big difference." But at his next sentence, she got to her feet, eyebrows lowering. "You're a fucking coward." She declared, crossing her arms over her chest. "I thought I was doing us, both of us a favor, by coming here. But if you're so readily going to abandon the man who gave you everything, then I'm better off trying to save him by myself." She strode to the bag, yanking it from Corvo's grasp and pulling out her sniper gun case, pulling the strap over her shoulder and grabbing her stele, hooking it into her belt.

"I thought you had some loyalty. By the damned Angel, was I apparently wrong. Keep your concern. I don't need it from a traitor." Luce headed towards the door, face set with determination. If
    Corvo was too weak, and Yorick was too far gone, then it was up to her, and her alone.

[​IMG]
    Hestia waved her hand before returning it to the fire cat as the creature mewed its displeasure. "Hestia is fine. And you both should come in." She turned, leaving the two to close the door as she strode inside. "I usually ask for money as payment, but from you two..." She eyed them, frowning speculatively as she continued to pet the flaming cat. "You're going to tell me a secret. One from each of you. Something no one else knows about yourselves. Whenever you're ready, of course."[/COLOR]
    [​IMG]
    Clarity turned to stare at the slightly crazed girl who was begging to be let in. "You must be the crazy one. Roxanne. And no." She held her hand out, not touching Roxanne, but telling the girl silently to keep her distance. "Brianne doesn't need extra stress. You might have missed a little bit since you abandoned everyone and everything, and walked off, but she needs to be kept from as much emotional turmoil as possible. You, in your current state, are only going to accelerate her distress."

Clarity motioned for the
    girl to move. "Go, take a shower, get something to eat. Do something, to calm down that doesn't involve murdering anyone, and then come back. And if you even think of trying to force your way past me, I promise you, I'll make sure you regret it."

[​IMG]
    Alarick glanced at Nick. "I...I want to ask a request." he murmured, running his hands nervously through his hair. The aura of power that Gaia emitted was troubling. He had yet to meet the Seelie Queen, her daughter, but if she had even a tenth of the fey's presence, then he was going to have to seriously reconsider trying to take her on, should they return without Gaia. "What about yo-" But his question was interrupted, as a small girl with pointed ears and wings appeared from the jungle.

"The warlock Ash, and the Shadowhunter Alarick, please follow me. Gaia wishes to speak to both of you privately." The girl turned, her wings fluttering slightly before turning into the woods, leaving the two she named to follow her.

Alarick clasped Nick on the shoulder with a small twitch of his lips. "I'll be back soon." He promised, before following the fey girl into the woods.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan interlaced her fingers with Ash's. "I think the opposite. Bonds mean everything to her, and she's going to test ours. However fragile they may be." She glanced around at their group, before stiffening as Ash's name was called. The winged girl turned before Morrigan could get a good look at her, and she instead looked up to Ash. "I guess you're being summoned." She told him with a small smile.
    [​IMG]
    Brianne listened calmly to Paragon's voice, not saying a word until he was finished. "Thank you, for the warning. Once again I find myself in your debt." She replied, her voice empty of any emotion. "I'll take your advice under advisement, and return the favor when I am able." She ended the call, setting the phone down on the couch, as Clarity's back was turned, and she seemed...preoccupied with a familiar figure. Roxanne. Brianne sighed, catching the end of Clarity's sentence.

The ifrit was right, and Brianne was coming back to herself a little bit more as she realized it. She had never been one to wallow, and now, there was something she needed to do to ensure her survival. She would have to consider Paragon's angle later. Much later. Right now....She stood up, brushing Rhett aside with a gesture that took more effort then it appeared. Her skin felt clammy, but she ignored that as well. "There is something I need to do. Only me. Alone. It will not take long, and I will return shortly." She turned, the stele warm as she took it in her hand, carving Runes for invisibility and protection from magic onto her body. They burned, but only slightly more then usual. She had a limited amount of time to do this, and it was happening now. Her skin slowly began to disappear from view as she waited for the Rune to take over completely. "You can all bother me then. But I promise you, if you any of you hold me back from this, you will be the cause for my death. And I will pray that the Angel never forgives you." The steel in her voice grew stronger, the more of her that disappeared. Ironic.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The woman in the door stopped her, not allowing her though. Roxanne did not understand the situation, she did not understand why the distress was a much worse thing now, but what she did understand was that numerous people wanted her dead and she had to warn Brianne. "You don't understand! You have to let me talk to her! It is urgent! Don't you understand! I have to warn her before she finds out and kills me!" Roxanne screamed at Clarity. She hadn't made a move yet, mostly because her hands where trembling too bad, but it did tempt her, regardless of Clarity's threats. Anything to get to Brianne and make her listen.

Roxanne caught a little of what
    Brianne was saying over Clarity's shoulder. The wording that Brianne chose to use was hard on her. She wasn't quite sure how to handle it. Roxanne fell deadly silent as Brianne went to leave. She couldn't tell her what she needed to know and it very well could be the end of her, and Roxanne would have no one to blame but herself. "Please... They are going to kill you. The old man himself wants you dead. Don't go off on your own." Roxanne's voice dropped to a whisper, not ready to yell that out at Brianne. She just wanted to talk to Brianne nicely and explain, it was not the type of thing that you yell over a shoulder. On top of that Roxanne's throat hurt and the bruises she had on her neck from being strangled began to bother her. Her eyes looked blank as she just looked ahead, a feeling of dread for both her and Brianne swept over her.

[​IMG]
    "So at least I know it wasn't a mistake to let her in. I assumed by her calling it her home and calling the one that runs it by name, she was no stranger that didn't belong here, and with the amount of wolves around even if she did try something it wouldn't end well for her. But still it gives me slight peace of mind." Felicia murmured. She felt better with the assurance that she had made the right choice. Being such a new leader, she always second guessed her actions, though she was learning she couldn't afford to. No matter how many lessons she had been through, these kinds of things weren't learned by talking or practicing. They were learned by experience. She had to experience it herself before she could fully grasp what her master had trained her to be.

Felicia was starting to grow impatient with how long
    Rhett was taking to return, but once she heard the screams of the girl she allowed in down the hall, she supposed he might be wrapped up for a moment longer. Felicia considered going down to check it out, to help, but there was no need, all it would bring was to crowd the area more. So instead Felicia just tried to tune it out. "Wonder how she got looking so horrible. From her reactions I guess nothing good. Lets hope whatever did that to her isn't coming for us next." She said with a sigh.

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Traitor? You're levelling accusations of treachery at me Luce? No, I'm afraid you're mistaken, and I have no intention of letting Yorick die. However. If you go to fight the Seelie Queen on her own territory, you will die." He pointed out, his voice remaining calm. "The better approach here is patience. Wait until he leaves. I doubt that she will do anything to him there and then. Once he is outside, he will come to us, and then we can try to explain his error, or get some answers." He followed her as she made to leave the room. He frowned.
    "What are you trying to do? Think before you act girl!" He spoke sharply. He considered saying more, but then stopped. He backed away and sat down on his chair again. "Do as you wish. But if you try anything, then you will be entirely at her mercy. That is not a place that you will want to be." His tone was resigned, as if he knew that if she was going to try anything, he had no power to stop her from doing so, regardless of how foolhardy it may be. And foolhardy it was. Not that she would listen, not to him. As far as she was concerned, he was some sort of traitor that had it in for Yorick and was a coward. She probably wouldn't take the time to consider why he appeared so stressed when she saw him, or why he had said anything. There was a reason she had never been able to win Yorick over, and that was because she didn't stop to think. She was all impulse action, with less planned moves. The old man was where he was precisely because he thought, he moved fast when he was ready to strike, but he stayed quiet and then made his move. And he listened to sound advice.
    "Put your quarrel with me aside. Rather a lot more will be achieved working with me. The both of us might be able to make something work." He urged, saying one last thing before giving up on her. If she was going to act against the Seelie Queen, then he was not going to be responsible. She had been given fair warning.

14. Arch Mana Knight

"I can't argue with you there." Ash mused at Morrigan. "As powerful as she may be, she is not omniscient. We will be able to show her that our bond is not so fragile." Tugging at her hand to bring the fairy closer Ash wished to say more but the moment his name was called, he stopped himself from so much as opening his mouth. A small fey girl began to turn and leave, expecting himself and the other she had called, Alarick, to follow her. He raised an eyebrow, curiously observing as Alarick followed the girl. To call both of them seemed like a random selection.

Ash turned back towards Morrigan, taking a moment to focus on the strength of the fey's own life force amongst the power radiating from Gaia's lingering presence. He had to reassure himself that Morrigan was more than capable of handling herself now. Still, it made him uneasy leaving her side. "
    Be careful. Snakes can still be found in paradise." He lifted Morrigan's hand to press a kiss to the back of it, showing no signs of considering the fact that other people were around, before releasing his hold on her and turning to follow after the fairy girl. Ash gave one last glance at Morrigan before focusing his attention on what awaited ahead.

[​IMG]

Rhett wished he could have made the move to stop Brianne but her words of warning were the only thing that prevented him from doing so. She was obviously not going to try something stupid to put herself in further risk but going alone, anywhere, was probably not the best idea either. In any case, he had little option but to allow her to do what she was intent on doing. Whatever it was. He sighed in frustration, feeling useless and up until now having done his best to ignore the shouting going on between Roxanne and Clarity. Well, Roxanne was shouting. Clarity seemed to be doing her best to control her own temper.

He released his fist, which had been clenched by now, and tapped his hand against the wall instead of punching it in anger like he wanted. "
    Calm down, Roxanne. You can tell Brianne everything that's been going on later. But not alone, not while standing close to her, not while you're armed, and maybe not even in the same room." He moved past Clarity and Roxanne, seeing as how Brianne couldn't be seen and was gone. "I know you'll keep an eye on her, Clary. So keep doing what you're doing. I'll be back in a sec. There's still a werewolf outside I need to speak with."

Walking out of the Institute and stopping at its entrance, Rhett leaned against the side of the door to look down the steps at
    Felicia. "Sorry I was...uh...preoccupied." Rhett avoided eye contact, still sore over the situation with Brianne. Guilt continued to eat away at him. "Looks like you might be allowed to stick around longer. The Clave seems to be turning in on itself. Stay here and fortify, or go and save yourself. Your choice. Sticking around here just might be a big ol' bloodbath."

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce turned, dropping her gun on the floor gently before stalking towards Corvo, she bent over him, staring into his eyes, their faces barely an inch apart. "How the fuck do you plan to talk to him?! He's been magicked you goddamned idiot." She hissed, grabbing his face and pulling her fingers down his cheek before pulling them away. "And she tried it on you!" She jumped backwards as if she had been burned, her eyes narrowed as she quickly rubbed the powder on her pants. "Shit, you could already be turned." She grabbed her gun bag again, slinging it over her shoulder. If nothing else, it could be used as a weapon. "You stupid idiotic specimen of a man you let her touch you." She groaned, pacing the room, agitated.

"No help for it." She pulled her gun out of the bag, shoving a bullet from her pocket into the slot before pulling the lever back, the projectile slipping into the barrel. Turning, she pointed the sniper rifle straight at
    Corvo, without aiming down the sight, her face set. "I am going to murder the Seelie Queen, Corvo Eismauer. If you are poisoned by her magic, you will be unable to stop yourself from attempting to disarm me of this iron bullet." She clicked off the safety, and let her finger brace against the trigger. "If you do, then I'm sorry."

[​IMG]
    Clarity had enough of the crazy girl. She grabbed one of her daggers and in a second had it pressed against Roxanne's throat. "Screaming is acceptable in a few places." She said, almost conversationally. "One would be during a tragic event, or when someone is bleeding out on the floor, staining your carpet. Another is winning the mundane lottery. And the third would be if you were in bed with me, screaming 'By the Angel's glorious tits, because I'm just that good. Since no one is dying, no one is bleeding, I don't see lottery tickets or money anywhere, and we are most definitely not having sex, it is not appropriate to do that. Especially in someone's face." She pressed the dagger harder to Roxanne's throat, her other hand finding a second one and pressing it to the girl's stomach.

"Now that you've received a lesson in proper conduct of society, free of charge, let me give you another, gratis." She smiled, sweetly. "Do not piss off someone who's crazier then you. I've lived twice as long, seen four times as much shit, and believe me, I'm quite a bit more insane, compared to a simple girl like you." She leaned in close, her breath stirring the girl's hair. "I just don't make it obvious."

Just as quickly as they had appeared, her knives vanished, the same as Brianne. Clarity moved out of the doorway, whispering good luck to her friend as she felt the air stir by her arm, before glaring at
    Rhett. "Tell me what to do one more time, Fluffy, and I'll show you what Ash taught me when you were off trying to sleep with that ifrit." She promised, before walking to the couch and sitting down. She wasn't much of an anxious pacer, so it was time to relax, and wait for Brianne to come back. She was the one person Clarity had counted on. Besides Ash. But Ash was a dick.

[​IMG]
    Alarick glanced as Ash joined them, his ever present frown practically cemented on his face, though this time with the added bonus of a furrow in his brow. They followed the winged girl for a few minutes, walking deeper into the jungle. Alarick's alarm bells were going off in his head, and he stopped, reaching out a hand to silently halt Ash's progress as well. "Something's not right." he muttered. Then the fairy girl turned, her image flickering.

"Bonds made in war are stronger then those made by blood." She whispered, before flickering away. Howling filled the jungle around them, and Alarick turned, bo staff in his hand and eyes darting through the jungle.

[​IMG]
    Morrigan touched Ash's face gently, before he was gone. "Be careful." She whispered, letting her hand drop before turning, noticing the small girl who had attended Gaia. She bent down, smiling at the tiny girl, who smiled back showing razor sharp teeth.

"Come on. You and him." She pointed to Nick, gesturing. "I've got something you'll like!" She turned, giggling, and darted off into the woods.

Morrigan turned, making sure Nick knew he was supposed to follow them, before shrugging. "She says she has something for us." She murmured, confused, but charmed by the tiny warlock. She started off through the jungle after the girl, making sure to watch her step. It wouldn't do to watch out for metaphorical sn-reptiles, only to be bitten by a real one.

[​IMG]
    Brianne knew Rhett was displeased, but he hadn't stopped her. She would remember to thank him later, as she waited for the Rune to complete itself, before slipping past Clarity, who appeared to have taken personal offence to Roxanne's antics. She would have to deal with that later. So much to do later. Walking up the steps, slipping past the werewolves that milled around the Institute, she walked towards a place that few ever went, save herself. The library, or the garden, or her own room, would have been obvious choices. Instead, Brianne had chosen the small altar that made up the chapel.

She went to the fourth bench, and gently moved it aside before removing the stone from the floor. Inside, wrapped up in the cloth Alarick had carried it with, was the Mortal Sword. Simply being in the presence of an Instrument took Brianne's breath away, and she had to sit for a moment, before picking it up. Gently setting it onto the ground next to her, she replaced the stone, and then the bench, before walking towards the back door of the Institute. "Time for you to get a new home." She whispered, slipping out into the breaking dawn.

A vampire slipped, as soft as a shadow, to stand next to Masque and Valister. "You two must come with me. The others are in danger." He intoned, his voice cool and emotionless, before slipping back into the jungle. They would only have moments to follow his silent footsteps as he receded back into the forest.

16. Arch Mana Knight

Ash paused, tilting his head curiously at the fairy's words. She was an illusion. Still, this was not as interesting as the words she had said before vanishing into thin air. Ash felt that he already knew what the fairy meant by her words and as the howling approached the two, he could only be left to assume that this was part of Gaia's test. As he had lent his hatchet to Rhett, Ash was unarmed but not defenseless. Far from defenseless. He looked around, seeing nothing just yet.

"
    Your time waiting for our threat would be served best by setting new runes, Lightwood." Ash spoke lowly, calmly pacing back and forth as he waited for the wolves to come closer. The warlock made sure to put some distance between himself and Alarick, not wishing to get in the way of the nephilim's bo. The last thing he needed was to watch his back for Alarick's attacks as well. Especially not with how off the boy seemed. "You are distracted. What has got the elder Lightwood twin in such a state? You Shadowhunters are made of stronger stuff than to tense up so much over a little howling."

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Roxanne had found herself in a very uncomfortable position, very fast. Not only had Rhett told her that when she spoke to Brianne, she might now be allowed in the same room, but also she found a knife to her throat. Roxanne could understand the unarmed thing. She knew she seemed like a bit much to people who didn't know her, and it wasn't like she was armed in the first place, but she couldn't even speak to her in the same room? They were all acting like she was the criminal right now. Like she was here to murder Brianne, not warn her.

Roxanne didn't try to move as a second blade was held to her gut. She didn't much care for
    Clarity's words, and as such didn't bother responding to them. Nothing she could say would change anyone's minds, she knew this already. She was called a simple girl, a term she was not pleased with, but instead of reacting, as soon as the knives were taken away, Roxanne left. She couldn't do anything now to talk to Brianne, not while she wasn't even there, and sticking around too close to that girl would only end up with one of them dead, and given Roxanne lacked her Stele and any other form of weapons, she was out of luck there.

One thing that
    Clarity had suggested sounded appealing though. Earlier she advised Roxanne to take a shower, and a bath did sound very good. Despite the discomfort from all the werewolves around, Roxanne still found her way though the institute and locked herself into the bathroom. Lowering herself into the tub, Roxanne found herself examining the various wounds on her body. There were very small cuts on her body from the thorns pressed against her skin. She could feel the sing from Clarity's blade against her throat, but to Roxanne's surprise, there were no bruises on her legs. Despite the pain she had been through there was no visible mark. She supposed it was how runes worked, but the invisible pain was almost worse then the bruises and marks you could see. As she sat in the tub, for once instead of going into hysteria or having a panic attack. Instead of shaking or screaming, she just cried. She let everything that she was worried about out in a more humane manner, but in a manner that she hated other people seeing. Roxanne felt bad for being there, thinking the Seelie Queen might send people after her and then she would have lead them straight to Brianne. But she had to tell Brianne to hide before she could face whatever fate came to her. That is why she stayed. That was why she was here crying into the bath instead of running. She would save her friends, somehow.

[​IMG]
    Finally Rhett returned with an awkward apology. "Don't worry about it." She waved him off, not too worried how long things took. It was none of her business after all. As he spoke about the situation though Felicia rose to her feet and looked Rhett dead in the eye. "Do you really think I am going to run tail between my legs? If there is going to be a blood bath then I will not allow you guys to endure it alone. We agreed for now we will work together, my pack and yours, so I am not running now. I am not some coward. Besides when Grayson was still around most of our packs were together under one, they were friends. I will not deny mine the right to help their friends. But if they choose to go and find safety, then they are allowed to do that as well. But hear me Rhett, I am not the type to stand on the side lines as others get slaughtered so I can rule the ashes. One day I will be Alpha of New York, alpha of all the wolves here, and it won't be because I watched others fall and build up the scraps. It will be because I worked at it, standing on the front likes with them. I will earn it fair and square." She told the man. She was slightly shorter than him, but not by much, she could still stick a knife through his eye easy enough it the need arose. She didn't expect it to, but the possibility was always there.

"Now then mister big alpha will you at least have the courage to look me back in the eye or will you just walk off again?" She asked him.

18. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Corvo recoiled as she approached, thankful that she at least dropped her gun. There seemed to be something that annoyed her greatly.
    "What do you-" Corvo felt her hand brush down his cheek uncomfortably and he turned his face away so that she couldn't try to claw the other side. Then, she said that the Seelie Queen tried to bewitch him. The Inquisitor's eyes opened wide in shock and he stood up to face her. "What do you mean she tried to-" He froze as soon as she pulled her gun on him. She talked about her trying to bewitch him, and that Yorick was overtaken. That was bad news. It sounded like the Seelie Queen had already got to their leader... He stood still as she loaded the gun, meeting her furious gaze with a cool, calm look of his own. Internally, his head spun as he tried to figure out what Yorick being trapped by her yet. How had she done it? He noticed a powder on her trousers after she touched his face, and something made her freak out after she touched his face. Could it be that?
    "I see... So that was the purpose of touching my face, other than taunting me. The powder." He spoke. "If you have iron bullets, we ought to share them. Now I understand why Yorick removed the bullets..." He folded his arms, but otherwise stood stock still. His instincts wanted him to pull out his Contender, but he knew that it was going to end badly. As good as he was, he couldn't dodge at this range. That, and he had faith that she wasn't going to shoot him if he didn't try to stop her.
    "Are you quite done pointing your gun at me, or am I going to have to stand still here for the next hour?" He said somewhat sarcastically. "We've got things to talk about. What magic did the Seelie Queen attempt? What has she done to Yorick?"

19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Luce grinned, then pointed the barrel at the ceiling. "I lied. Yorick took all my iron too." she let the butt of the gun rest on her hip as she rested her hand on the other hip. "It's some sort of mind control. But she can't do it without the powder. At least I don't think she can. I honestly don't know on that one. But I've seen it on Yorick when he's come back. Not that he told me it came from her, but it's not hard to figure out when someone starts having an intense hatred of all things iron."

She set the gun against the wall, and sat down, leaning her back against the bed as she stared up at the ceiling. "I don't think she's made him do the other things,
    Corvo." Her voice was sad, and weary. "The things I've seen him do. He's not the person he used to be, but I don't think that's the fault of anything other then his own fanatical dream." She braced her arms on her knees, hair briefly covering her face. "He killed the rest of the Clave. It's only him now. And those Downworlders you're giving him?" She glanced up at Corvo. "He's sacrificing them to the Angel. One by one."

[​IMG]
    Alarick ignored Ash's taunts, pulling his stele out and carving the rune for Speed, and Quickened Healing. "Brianne's in trouble." Was his short reply as the stele went back into his belt, the button pressed on the bo staff to spring out the twin seraph blades. "Raphael, Michael." He whispered, the blades glowing into life. The howling drew closer, until he could have swore the wolves would have been right in front of them, and then stopped. Alarick's grip slackened, his body going tense with horror, as two figures stepped out of the woods.

"See." Brianne hissed, squeezing Rhett's hand before dropping it. Her hand was healed, no sign of the incident ever having been there. Her eyes glowed as she stared at the warlock and her twin. "They're conspiring against me. They want to kill me. Even my own brother." She choked on the last words, the pain so real Alarick wanted to drop everything and run to her. It had to be an illusion, it had to be. But if it was, it was the best damn copy he had ever seen. Everything, from the shape of her eyes to the pain in their gaze, was so true to life.

Rhett narrowed his eyes, everything in his stance oozing of protective loyalty. "I promised you I wouldn't let that happen, angel." He growled, starting towards Alarick. "I'll keep you safe." Brianne began to circle around, towards
    Ash. "We have to kill them both. It's the only way." A half choked snarl, the sound of a crazed werewolf struggling with control, made its way out of her throat. Alarick could never forget that sound, nor the sound the creature had made when he killed it. "Hear that, Ash?" she taunted the warlock. "I showed Rhett what it meant to actually be loved, when you only wanted him for his abilities, his naivety, his unwavering loyalty. He'll be free of you, and I'll be free of him." She jerked her head at Alarick before leaping at Ash, attacking him the same time Rhett attacked Alarick. She pulled out a simple iron dagger, swiping at Ash's arm with a snarl.

Alarick blocked the werewolf's hatchet before forcing him back, swiping with the staff towards his chest. The blow was blocked as Rhett backed up, pulled out his gun, and fired. Alarick felt the bullet graze his shoulder as he jerked to the side. Illusions couldn't fake pain. They couldn't cause pain. "What in the Angel's name is going on?" He whispered.

[​IMG]
    Brianne rested against the wall of the alleyway, wiping the sweat from her forehead. She had removed the runes after getting a safe enough distance away, when the burning became too intense to bear. The fever had returned with a vengeance, causing her clothes to become heavy with her body's moisture, her hair limp as though it was a hot summer night. She gritted her teeth, shutting her eyes to catch her breath, and then starting forward again. She had left underneath her own willpower, and by the Angel she would return the same way.

Stumbling towards the back door, she pressed her forehead against the cool stone of the wall before opening the door. "I could use a shower." She muttered to Clarity before collapsing on the couch next to the ifrit, not much caring that she was awkwardly sprawled across her friend's body. Clarity immediately sat up, pressing a cool hand to her forehead. "
    Shit, Bri." The ifrit whispered, keeping her blessedly cool skin pressed to Brianne's. "You accelerated it. You ran, didn't you? And the runes....."

Brianne didn't nod, didn't move. Just enjoyed the cool sensation while it lasted.

20. Arch Mana Knight

Ash knew these were fakes but the looks in their eyes, the drive to protect each other, was so real. As the carbon copies of Rhett and Brianne spoke, Ash was able to figure out what must have happened. Gaia would not show them something that had no truth to it and with Alarick's words coupled with what he could see of Brianne...he knew what this meant. She had been turned. Likely by Rhett but he could only imagine how such a thing could have even happened. With how much Rhett cared for the girl he obviously never would have done so on purpose.

If Brianne really had been turned that was certainly very interesting. While he certainly did not wish death upon Brianne, the fact that a Lightwood had been brought down to the level of a Downworlder was a very good thing indeed. Even as this copy of Brianne taunted him, it still gave him no reason to hesitate in attacking her. Ash stepped backwards just barely out of the knife's reach, clenching his hand into a fist he smashed it into the back of Brianne's still outstretched hand forcing the knife to fly out of her grasp.

"
    Is this the trouble you spoke of? I understand your customs but--" Ash's shadow crept underneath Brianne's feet and gripped her by her ankles to anchor her in place just out of arm's length. "You Shadowhunters value your status too highly." As his eyes fixed on Brianne, he could only wonder what this test was supposed to prove. Was it really just to prove that working in tandem with Alarick would be enough to overcome the people they cared about? Or were he and the boy really meant to bond over a fight? Albeit...the circumstances of it were proving to be intriguing.

[​IMG]

"That's my problem I have with the other Alphas. All that matters to them is proving their strength through bloodshed." Rhett glanced at Felicia momentarily, still far from being in the mood to put up with an argument with her or anyone else. "If you want to stick around here and help out, then I'll be grateful for your help." He pulled out Ash's hatchet and turned the weapon over in his hand, tapping his finger against the silver edge to use the burning pain as a distraction.

He looked Felicia in the eye and shook his head at her. "
    I don't have to prove myself to you. The only thing you have to worry about is whether or not you become another Grayson. If you somehow manage to become Alpha from the scraps you've picked up and decide on ruling on fear and intimidation, I'm putting an end to that. Immediately. Why do you think Keller's pack was so quick to fall apart? He offered them protection. He looked out for his own. He settled fights all on his own. Yet the only bond he ever had with them was made out of fear."

[​IMG]

Cináed kept his hand on the hilt of his sword strapped to his side as he watched the Institute come into view. As strong as his forces were, he knew they were nothing but fodder meant to buy time. Everyone would likely die and every second he could take was precious to him. For every knight he could kill, Titania's forces could kill more. Still, he would enjoy slowing her down if it meant she would be put in the ground in the end. Even if not by his hand. And so, he required numbers.

Soon, he neared the Institute, spotting nothing but
    many werewolves stationed outside. Two of which stood apart from the rest and one of which he recognized. Cin was glad his sources were not wrong about the location of a fairly decently-sized pack. Cin stopped just at the edge of the packs, already drawing attention from wandering eyes and, upon them recognizing him as a fairy, several of the changed wolves began to snarl at him looking ready to pounce at him at a moment's notice.

"
    I take it you two are the alphas?" Cin's eyes shifted from Felicia towards Rhett. "Your packs, I require them. I have greater need of their numbers than either of you. The Shadowhunters, Titania, and her knights will require greater strength than either of you possess if you are to make a stand against them." He refused to admit that it would take more numbers than even he held at the moment. "Therefore, I invite your packs to work for me until the end of this campaign against the Seelie Queen." Cin tapped his fingers on the hilt of his blade. "Unless you would prefer me to challenge you for your packs." Cin's eyes narrowed at the two. Whatever they chose, he had little time to waste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.