School of Despair { ooc }

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Doukuro, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    { horror » mystery » survival }
    RP Thread
    Congratulations! You have been invited to attend Hope's Peak Academy thanks to your exceptional skills. As this is a school whose name carries great weight with teachers who not only educate but research all skills as well it was hard to say no to the invite, whether it was by you or your gurdian. The fact that those who leave this prestigious high school typically end up in high positions of whatever field they go to surely helped as well. A shining future awaits you.

Or so it seemed...

The moment you stepped foot on the campus everything went hazy and you blacked out. When you awoke you were in a classroom, alone with no recollection of how you arrived. The windows are barred with steel plates that cannot be pried off or broken. The exit is now a large steel door with machine guns guarding it. No matter how hard you look you will not find a way out.

So how do you escape? You graduate of course! However to graduate you must kill someone. Not only that but you have to get away with it too. Or you can just live the rest of your miserable life out trapped in the school!

[​IMG]
    • some of these rules may be deemed unusual but please Bear with me.
    • this is a dangan ronpa inspired rp, however there will be no canon characters allowed besides monokuma who the mastermind controls. the story will naturally stray as well and there is no need to know of the series to rp here.
    • on the note of the mastermind one can apply to be them by sending me a message before the rp starts. i figure it better than everyone looking to my characters and knowing one of them must be the mastermind. more surprise that way! and whoever gets the role will work alongside me in the plot.
    • there is no set activity rule as of yet but i don't want the thread to go inactive. so please try to post as often as you can! also try to make your character active in the setting. they can explore, plan, study, and kill at will. there does not need to be an event to prompt them. however if it gets stale one will be presented to the cast to get things moving.
    • this is a rp that revolves around murder. so be expecting of it.
    • be aware that your character does not have to kill but will always be at the risk of being killed. if you wish you can talk to the other members and plot a murder out, the victim making a post with details of the murder while the murderer remains anonymous thus making the trials solved by actual deduction. this is an optional thing though, and can be rejected if too many people are against it. hints will be given out if it is made too hard as well.
    • with that said, murderers must message me or post in the ooc before they go out to kill so i can use a RNG to decide who lives and who dies. this should avoid all god modding in the situation.
    • in the series any lost trial would result in everyone but the killer dying. as that can make this harder to get far only one person will die each lost trial unless it is stated otherwise. the one who dies can be selected by the murderer post trial, their identity kept hidden to the other characters until they figure it out. this also makes the killer unable to leave until they are the last one standing.
    • another thing the other characters will not know are the SHSL {Super High School Level) titles of the others. the only way these will be known if they're told or seen.
    • SHSL titles cannot be repeated. nor can there be more than one reserve student. you will be able to list it as ??? if the real one is sent to me and it's approved.
    • there is no character limit but once this starts there will be no more characters accepted.
    [​IMG]
    • SHSL Title: the field the character excels at; ie SHSL programmer, SHSL gardener, etc
    • Reserve Student: a student who does not have a SHSL title and was accepted through a lottery
    • Monocells: combining the id cards with cellphones for this. however unlike normal cells they cannot call anyone and can only send texts to fellow students. they look like an iPhone with apps, one being the ID Card with name, age, gender, and SHSL title shown, another being the map though only the unlocked floors are shown, the school rule book and then the Trial Log which keeps all data on each trial, the evidence being updated by the students. more on the process will be shown in the rp.
    • will update as needed
    [​IMG]

• Within the first floor is the entrance hall, locked up tight. The school store is found here as well, along with the A/V Room and Classrooms 1-A and 1-B. Attached to the First Floor is "Hotel Despair", the dorm area for the students, which includes a cafeteria, trash room and bathhouse. Additionally there is a nurses office and entrance to the Gym. Lastly is an untitled room, but it is off limits until it is time for a Class Trial. It connects to the elevator which leads to the courtroom.

Map of the first floor.
      Map of Hotel Despair. I'll assign rooms as people sign up. Along with that you'll be told things like how good's the lock and the contents which a RNG will decide. If we get more than 15 characters they may wind up sharing a room. Hopefully they don't kill you in your sleep!

[​IMG]
    Name:
    SHSL Title:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    Other:

[​IMG]

• Name: Victoria Pynckni
      SHSL Title: Super High School Level Entertainer
      Personality: Manipulative, friendly, likable, arrogant, talkative, sensitive, clingy
      Appearance:

Other: She always carries a cute scepter with her.

• Name: Shuko Katahara
      SHSL Title: Super High School Level Artist
      Personality: Reserved. She usually keeps to herself, and doesn't speak unless directly spoken to -- even then, she doesn't say anything more than necessary. Gets nervous easily, but tries her hardest not to show it. Always carries her sketch pad with her, and is almost constantly drawing. Often gets mistaken for a boy, which only adds to her awkward tendencies.
      Appearance: [ X ]
      Other: Has a thing about people touching her -- as in, she will scream bloody murder if you touch her or her sketch pad.

• Name: Eden Kokumonji
      SHSL Title: ???
      Personality: She is a quiet but sweet girl that has an odd tendency to disappear at times. When she's bored she's able to easily find something to occupy her time due to her being fascinated by most things.
      Appearance:
      Other: Her hobby is folding paper cranes.

• Name: Maire Arola
      SHSL Title: Snake Charmer
      Personality: Risk taker, independent, would rather talk through her snakes, brave, easily annoyed.
      Appearance:
      Other: Arrived to school with a King Cobra named Adele.

Name: Ai Atsuko
      SHSL Title: Database
      Personality: Quiet unless unable to write, blunt, logical and likes remaining to facts only, discarding emotions.
      Appearance:
      Other: Has the constant need to write down retained information. If she cannot write at the moment it all comes out in muttering.

• Name: Lucas White
      SHSL Title: DJ
      Personality: Relaxed, carefree
      Appearance: *
      Other:

Name: Haken Akatsuki
      SHSL Title: Martial Artist
      Personality: Cautious, observant, determined, focused
      Other:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Name: Victoria Pynckni
    SHSL Title: Super High School Level Entertainer
    Personality: Manipulative, friendly, likable, arrogant, talkative, sensitive, clingy
    Appearance:
    Other: She always carries a cute scepter with her.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Name: Shuko Katahara
    SHSL Title: Super High School Level Artist
    Personality: Reserved. She usually keeps to herself, and doesn't speak unless directly spoken to -- even then, she doesn't say anything more than necessary. Gets nervous easily, but tries her hardest not to show it. Always carries her sketch pad with her, and is almost constantly drawing. Often gets mistaken for a boy, which only adds to her awkward tendencies.
    Appearance: [ X ]
    Other: Has a thing about people touching her -- as in, she will scream bloody murder if you touch her or her sketch pad.

4. Doukuro Chaser

The appearance link appears to be broken.

5. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

i think it should be okay now gomen v u v

6. Doukuro Chaser

The Hotel Despair map has been updated.

No worries! It works now.

Victoria has been assigned room number 1.
    State of main door lock:
    poor, rarely works
    State of bathroom lock: strong, hard to pick
    Furniture: full sized bed, empty dresser, decent writing desk
    Weapon: rope can be found under the bed

Shuka has been assigned room number 2.
    State of main door lock:
    strong, hard to break
    State of bathroom lock: nonexistent
    Furniture: dresser full of girl clothes, twin/small bed, decent writing desk
    Weapon: a toy hammer can be found in the top desk drawer

7. Ghost King's Apprentice

Name: Eden Kokumonji
    SHSL Title: ???
    Personality: She is a quiet but sweet girl that has an odd tendency to disappear at times. When she's bored she's able to easily find something to occupy her time due to her being fascinated by most things.
    Appearance:
    Other: Her hobby is folding paper cranes.

8. Doukuro Chaser

Eden has been assigned room number 3.
    State of main door lock:
    poor, rusted
    Furniture: full sized bed, full dresser (girls), broken desk (it's only half of a desk, laying there)
    Weapon: chef knife on the desk chair

Name: Maire Arola
    SHSL Title: Snake Charmer
    Personality: Risk taker, independent, would rather talk through her snakes, brave, easily annoyed.
    Appearance:
    Other: Arrived to school with a King Cobra named Adele.

Maire has been assigned room number 4.
    State of main door lock:
    poor, easily broken
    Furniture: queen sized bed, empty dresser, decent writing desk
    Weapon: decent sized switchblade under the pillow

Name: Ai Atsuko
    SHSL Title: Database
    Personality: Quiet unless unable to write, blunt, logical and likes remaining to facts only, discarding emotions.
    Appearance:
    Other: Has the constant need to write down retained information. If she cannot write at the moment it all comes out in muttering.

Ai has been assigned room number 5.
    State of main door lock:
    poor, will unlock if jiggled
    State of bathroom lock: strong, hard to open
    Furniture: broken desk, full dresser (girls), queen sized bed
    Weapon: thin one foot long rope in the dresser

Edit: Note on Beau's rope; it's the average brown rope one would expect. About five feet long too.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  9. CrownMoksha Decimo

How did i not notice this before?

Name: Lucas White
    SHSL Title: DJ
    Personality: Relaxed, carefree
    Other:

Name: Haken Akatsuki
    SHSL Title: Martial Artist
    Personality: Cautious, observant, determined, focused
    Other:

10. Doukuro Chaser

Lucas has been assigned room number 6.
    State of main door lock:
    great, double locks
    State of bathroom lock: strong, hard to open
    Furniture: broken desk (wobbles and is covered in dirt), full dresser (girls), king sized bed
    Weapon: inflatable sword found on the bed

Haken has been assigned room number 7.
    State of main door lock:
    poor, barely locks
    State of bathroom lock: weak, can only stand two blows
    Furniture: decent desk, full dresser (girls), queen sized bed
    Weapon: a butter knife in a dresser drawer
    Scored an extra item! A digital camera can be found in the desk drawer.

the first time the dresser doesn't match ends up happening twice in a row i'm amused

11. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

ayyyy turn up y'all let's kill this [ get it because we'll be killing each other ahaha ]

12. Doukuro Chaser

Note: The RP is not starting yet, I just decided to post the rp thread today. Sorry for the confusion.

13. Ghost King's Apprentice

Name: Renshou Kazuha
    SHSL Title: Super High School Level Paparazzi
    Personality: She is outgoing and gets excited when she finds someone to take pictures of. Renshou always likes to be in the middle of the action. She's proud of her name even though it's a guy name.
    Appearance:
    Other: A camera is always around her neck

14. Doukuro Chaser

Hotlinking to zerochan fails to work so the appearance link needs to be fixed.

So about how murders are done... there's three options. I kinda took out who lives and who dies by simply selecting the winner right away, but a RNG can still be applied each option. Will need feedback on that though.

1.) There's the classic just rp it out on the thread. The pro is that the thread stays active and everyone will see everything that happens. The con, however, is fear of fourth wall breaking. It can happen even unintentionally and then the trial gets solved way too easily. (I rp'd in a rp like this elsewhere and the fourth wall breaking became unBearable which is why I'm being so wary of it. However everyone here could be better with it in which case this writing will all be for nothing.)

2.) The murder messages me and get together with the victim to have it done through PMs. The pro is no worry about the fourth wall breaking but then I'll worry about thread activity.

3.) This is what I thought of as a solution to my worries while thinking about the above two. The murderer messages me the details like who are they attacking, how they approach, and what weapon they have. Per example... Persona A decides to try and kill Person B while they are in the library. They pretend to greet them friendly and wait to see their reaction. Once they deem there's an opening, they attack. They're going to try and strangle them with their bare hands.

After getting the message I post in the thread with something like "Someone approaches Person B" and then they can react. Everyone reading will naturally know something is up, but of course Person B will have to react as they would in that situation. And unless the attacker is wearing a mask they will know who it is so they will get a message but will have to leave it out of their post. And then the murderer keeps posting through me. If it's my character they're attacking though option one or two may have to be used.

The third method won't just be limited to murders though. How the monocells work will be explained by monobear himself when they're introduced but they're pretty much just what I already said in the op. However there will likely be an anonymous feature where someone can send me a text that will be posted in the thread to keep the sender hidden if they so choose, as everyone's names will already be registered in the phones. Will probably be limited to one-three anonymous texts a day, depending.

What we use is up to you guys. Hopefully anyone who joins after this sees this and add in a comment with their profile. Also sorry for the wall of text. Ask about anything you need clearing up or bothers you.

Option one can be used regardless of anything said by the way. 2 or 3 will only be used if you guys like the idea. If rejected then it'd just be one.

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

It should work now.

Also, I vote for option three.

16. Doukuro Chaser

I got an access denied page. So still needs to be fixed, but since I went ahead and did this earlier anyway here are the details.

Renshou has been assigned room number 8.
    State of main door lock:
    strong, comes with a chain
    Furniture: broken desk (perfect shape except the missing leg), empty dresser, kid's sized bed
    Weapon: a prop knife used in plays found in a dresser drawer

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

Fixed it again

18. Doukuro Chaser

Yeah I can see it now! Thank you for putting up with the hassle.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

Name: Ryou Misaki
    SHSL Title: Jester
    Personality: Somewhat of a prankster if the situation calls for it or just needs a good laugh. Otherwise he's a fairly cheerful lad.
    Other: Carries a deck of cards with him

20. Doukuro Chaser

Ryou has been assigned room number 9.
    State of main door lock:
    strong, hard to pick
    Furniture: perfect desk, empty dresser, twin sized bed
    Weapon: an antique sword, easily broken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.