Re: Chain of Memories - No Promotion

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]

As many of you know, Re: Chain of Memories is finally releasing tomorrow (December 2nd) in North America.

The official website for Re: Chain of Memories was finally built and added mid November, but still from this day on it lacks one section and a trailer. Usually a trailer is released before the actual game comes out. For some reason Square-Enix has a problem for promoting in North America and Europe. In fact, has anyone paid a visit to the NA Kingdom Hearts: II official website? There's still a section on that website that doesn't allow access and still states "coming soon". The portal for kingdomhearts.com is missing Re: Chain of Memories.

The issue is promotion and we need a little more for the series. My guess is that the official website (Re: COM) will in fact update tonight with the battle section and trailer. I was able to talk to someone from the Square-Enix live support. It didn't really work, but it was worth a try.

Feel free to discuss. We’ll update as soon as these two issues become available for access.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      Dang, that sucks! I want to see the trailer!

Oh IGN wrote a Review and Rated it too.

Take a look IGN's Review

Oh and Gamestop is shipping it today It said "usually Ships 24 Hours", and At the bottom if you go to the PS2 Section it says Now Shipping, Coming Soon, and Best Sellers, and the Now Shipping on the Top of the List is "Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories".
    2. Finalsora120
      Finalsora120
      Ye i wish it wud just come

i just cant w8 for it 2 come out and it better update 2 night!
    3. Sharkleg
      Sharkleg
      yay this is going on my Hanukkah list :)
    4. Keyblademaster125
      Keyblademaster125
      i know i want it really bad
    5. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      i've been wondering about the trailer myself, i wonder what the deal with that is.
    6. The Twin
      The Twin
      I thought it was kinda funny that they didn't really update the site and put the game out there. Maybe they thought Kingdom Hearts had been forgotten somehow (which we all know based on this forum is a lie. Even more so than cake.)?

Personally, the front page of the site served as all the advertising I needed, lol.

Then again, was there much advertising for TWEWY as well? I had no clue it was out until people here started talking about it.
    7. nobodynerd100
      nobodynerd100
      I know the games coming out tomorrow and no trailer or game play let. I'm looking forward to this game that since my PS3 is still broken I'm to find and hook back up my PS2 mainly so that I can play this game and my other PS2 games.

I have a question. How long will it be untill the English cut scenes of Re: Chain of Memories will be on the site.
    8. Dinny
      Dinny
      Well that's pretty odd.... it's coming out but there's no trailer...

And I'm not in North America D: This stinks! ;~;
    9. FUZZY SWEATER
      FUZZY SWEATER
      since i got a game stop gift card for my birthday
      im out to get this game!! wohoo!
    10. libregkd
    11. Ansem59
      Ansem59
      I actually vistited the Re:CoM site, earlier today, and wondered this myself... Why haven't they put up the trailer? I really want to hear Sora's voice, so I know what it sounds like!
    12. Marluxia55
      Marluxia55
      i was wondering about it too i kept going to the khRECOM site but no trailer i was expecting for it to be released turkey day but no
    13. :Oathkeeper:
      :Oathkeeper:
      Wow...that's kind of ridiculous.
      Come on Square-Enix! UNLOCK THE TRAILER NOWWWW.
      ...please? ;~;
    14. NeoCloudstrife
      NeoCloudstrife
      wait, you're saying square's NA site is neglected!?

pfff...Don't even get me started on europe. last i checked, the ORIGINAL CoM is "Coming Soon"

xDDDD
    15. KairiSora 06
      KairiSora 06
      I went to the website every day, and found nothing too. >.>
      I find it sad that they haven't really promoted it. It would have been a good thing too with the holiday season and all.
      I thought though the trailer would have been similar to the one that was relased with the kh2 final mix, just with american voices. I REALLY wanted to hear what sora sounded like!! Dx .. and now I have to wait until Christmas to hear it. :[ Hopefully they'll have one up eventually.. let's just hope its not too late for one. D:
    16. In_the_Twilight
      In_the_Twilight
      Hahahaha ya I suppose we can't complain in comparison...

It's just so frustrating. C'mon Square: promotion = more popularity = more sales. Get with the program.
    17. mokeyman q
      mokeyman q
      Actually, the locked area on the KH2 site is Battle System. You can see it for a second if you move your mouse onto the coming soon icon and move it off.
    18. The Twin
      The Twin
      Looks like Square NA's procrastination pales in comparison to yours...yikes.
    19. Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      Roxas_the_Key_to_Destiny
      The Gameplay Section is up, and they took away the Watermark "Coming Soon" on the Trailer, But when you click on it the bottom says coming soon, so it might be here soon!!!