PokAcademy!

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sebax, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]
    The morning light flashed through the curtains of the room. It was her first night out of her normal bed. It was also the first night she had a companion to sleep with at night. Eve's silver fur brushed against her side and kept her warm now just like she did at night. Topaz sat up trying hard not to disturb the little one from her slumber. But it didn't turn out that way. The little pokemon slowly opened its eyes and stretched her legs. A powerful yawn came from its mouth as it continued to stretch. Topaz simply smiled and rubbed Eve's head .Eve stretched her neck into Eve's hand to get the full enjoyment. "Good morning, Eve. Ready to meet our new friend today?" She asked in a soft voice. Eve simply nodded. She then leaped over to the side.

Topaz emerged from her bed. The window was open and she was only in her underwear. With a red blush coming across her face, she quickly ran to the blinds and shut them to avoid further embarrassment. She grabbed her clothes and dressed for the day. Soon after, Topaz grabbed Eve and held her in and her arms. She headed to the lobby and sat next to the trading machine.

[​IMG]
    The alarm rang and Diopside simply slammed the button. He nudged himself back to sleep when the Wurmple inside his pokeball came out without any warning. It looked at him and used string shot on Diopsides face. He woke up with an irritated look. He grabbed the pokeball and made Wurmple return. "The sooner I rid you the better." He got dressed and headed out to the center of the Center where he saw Amethyst waiting. "Good, you're here. Now lets just wait for Joy to show us how to use this thing."

2. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Admissions Office Lounge Dorms Information Desk
    ‘Shortly after acquiring a job, be sure to try and lose it by being fired directly by the Head-of-Command; check’ Nurse Joy sarcastically jabbed at herself for her earlier folly and the embarrassment that last through. Even though she was dressed in her heavily modified uniform, she still felt like she was walking around the hall in her underwear; it was unsettling a feeling for her. It lingered all the way until she began her demonstration of the trading machine; two students were already awaiting her when she got there.

[​IMG]
    “Morning, Kiddos.” She said cheerily, even though the two “kiddos” were here age. “Today, we’re going to learn about Trading. It’s not so much that the machine is difficult to use; just put the Pokémon of your choice in either placeholder under one of the tubes, and then you press the big green button by the screen that says “Trade”. You’ll see the Pokémon inside the balls once the machine is going, and by the end: you will have the Pokémon you wanted to have, but now the balls are designated with your student ID. In a little while, you will be paired with another trainer, and you will not be allowed to trade with them for the remainder of the school year, except in circumstances allowed by the Headmaster. Hope I gave you some good advice.” Joy took the two Pokéballs the students had out and placed them in opposite placeholders of the machine nearest them; with a click of another button, the two placeholders were tightly sealed as a plastic barrier dropped down to tube the balls in.

It was then that Nurse Joy noticed the waiting room of Pokémon Center, and tilted her head to the side. “Professor, I think you should come check this out.”

Professor Cyprus rubbed his temples to soothe his burning headache brought on by the mere sound of Nurse Joy’s fried voice. “Yes? What is it?” Lucia was, as always, at his heels.
    [​IMG]
    Equitas and Garett have not yet received their Starters. I am trying to ease them into the story, so now is the opportunity to implement one or both of the new characters.
    Diopside and Topaz are in the middle of a Trade.
    [​IMG]
    Everyone else can participate, as always, in whatever they feel fit. We will be departing when at least one of the new characters posts in a 24 hour period, starting 10 PM EST.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The automatic doors opened up as Equitas advanced within range of the Pokemon Center. Taking his first step inside, he could immediately tell just how much care was put into its design. The lobby was decorated with tables specifically for possible visitors to sit around; while they waited for their Pokemons recovery or perhaps just to lounge in the peaceful environment. Couches, and tables were set near the windows further showing just how relaxing of a place it could be. The windows were wide enough to give a perfect view of the area in front of the Pokemon center.

Setting down his bags in the middle of the lobby, Equitas scanned his surroundings, his eyes settling upon the four human individuals standing near an odd looking machine. It was obvious for him that two of them were students, while the other was dressed in the usual nurses’ uniform.

That’s clearly Nurse Joy while those two must be students… so this other guy might be…”

With a small confident wave to them, he greeted. “Hey! I’m a student here. Sorry for being a day late.” He started, showing a teeth filled grin. His eyes met briefly with the 3 younger individuals, but locked on to the man towering them all the moment they met his.

4. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

He had been waiting so long, and he had finally made it. It seemed like the flight had taken forever, but it was only a few hours.

He had been around Pokemon his whole life, as had everyone else, and became a trainer when he turned ten. After five years of traveling with his Pokemon, Garett decided to retire from training, however, he had recently heard about the academy, and it re-lit the fire in his heart. He remembered how much he loved battling, and how much he loved his Pokemon, and he decided to start a new journey at the PokAcademy.

Garett approached the red-roofed building he had seen many times before. A Pokemon Center, he thought. Distracted by the memories of his previous escapades to such buildings, Garett began to approach the automatic doors. They didn't open right away, and he hit them with a loud "THUNK." They opened almost immediately afterward. Ouch! I really need to remember to watch my step here.

As Garett entered the building, he adjusted the strap of the bag on his shoulder. It wasn't too heavy, as it only carried a few changes of clothes, and a picture of his girlfriend and her Munchlax; Chubby. He figured he could get everything else he needed at the PokeMart. Well, he hoped there was a PokeMart. He noticed an unusually large group, at least for a Pokemon Center, gathered near the trading machines. He begain to approach and he heard the end of someone's sentence. "...udent here. Sorry for being a day late." As Garett examined the situation it appeared that Nurse Joy was helping to students trade while one was introducing himself to the tall, and rather handsome man at the center of the action. The man's intense brown eyes met Garett's own of the same color, and he could immediately tell who this was. Garett waved politely without a word, unsure of what to say to the dean of the academy that he had arrived a day late to.

5. Mysty Unknown

Diopside and Topaz listened to the Nurse's explanation of things. Well, Topaz more so. She was memorized by the knowledge. As the Pokeball came out with a new friend, a Wurmple. "Look Eve, a knew friend for us." She said looking down at her friend who in turn was staring at the Pokeball with an uneasy look.

Eve started to pat it with her paw until finally Topaz caught on. "Okay, I get it." She released the Wurmple who spawned onto her right shoulder. Eve and the Wurmple stared at each other for some time before finally laughing at one another. They began to talk in their odd Pokemon language. Topaz just laughed a little trying to partake in the chatter.

On the other side of things, Diopside looked at the Pokeball with a sinister grin. "Another to assist me in claiming everlasting glory." He stashed the Pokeball alongside Mudkip right before walking to the wall away from the others. He would only play along for as long as needed.

6. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[/url]

The command Professor Cyprus had over his students was always assisted by his unbelievable and infallible memory of who they were before he ever met them as students. Some students would come in for personal interviews and others would send in resumes with pictures of them and their Pokémon. He never forgot a face. Notably, Cyprus nodded at the two newer students. “I can reassure you: you are not late by any means. By arriving a day later than the start of term, you are not much more behind than those who came the day of. Others will arrive months well after this, and they will be in no danger of any sort.” Professor Cyprus cupped his hands behind his back, and stood straight; dignified. “PokAcademy is largely a personal journey. We are simply here to guide you and set you on your way.” With that the Professor turned his attention towards Nurse Joy. “Ring up Professor Lexi and Professor Stratana, if you please.”

[/url]

“Right away, Professor.” Nurse Joy nodded, and the two rings side by side on her eyebrow tinkled together. Nurse Joy walked over to the Waiting Room’s PC and booted up the connected phone. A few taps of a few keys was all it took. “All set, Professor Cyprus.”

“Hello?” Professor Lexi’s voice came over the PA system of the Waiting Room.

“Thank you, Nurse.” Cyprus nodded slightly to Joy. “Lexi, we need two Starter Pokémon delivered to the Pokémon Center. Can you oblige?”

“Sure, right away. Just have the students say which Pokémon, and we’ll deliver it right over.”

“Splendid.” Professor Cyprus looked to the two new faces. “Garett, how about you go first? Equitas?” He directed the two of them to the counter where, underneath, was a small machine used for the instant transport of Pokéballs to the Center. “We will then be leaving directly afterwards to visit the Gym for another Orientation. Round up, everyone.”

[​IMG]

Just state the name of your desired Starter and write the receiving as well via the machine. There you go, Garett and Equitas, you have your Pokémon in the same post you requested them in.

[​IMG]

Everyone, follow the order to head over to the entrance of the Pokémon Center. You may even leave the building, if you wish.

7. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

“Garett, how about you go first?"

After hearing this, Garett's heart nearly jumped out of his chest! He knew exactly what he wanted, and he hoped with everything he had that there was still one left.

"TORCHIC!!!" He found himself shouting. Garett lowered his voice and continued speaking. "Is there a Torchic?" He queried, with much more composure than before. The machine began to rumble and hum. A short burst of light appeared and dissolved in an instant. There in front of him was a Pokeball. He picked it up, cradled it in his palm, and pressed the button in the center. What followed was a burst of light and a high pitched chirping as Torchic burst from the Pokeball. "TORCHIC!" Garett screamed at the top of his lungs. The memories instantly began flowing into his mind like a flood of raging emotions. It was like reuniting with a long lost friend. He began to cry as he held the warm bird close in to his chest. The warmth of the flame inside the small Pokemon became too much, and Garett had to let go. He watched the torchic bounce around him, chirping and hopping. He was so excited to be outside of the Pokeball. As the memories subsideed, and Garett regained his composure, he stood up, and placed his new companion on his shoulder. "You're a fiery one aren't you?" Torchic's look of joy subsided for a moment as she gave Garett a look of disapproval for the terrible pun. "Sorry." He replied. Garett turned towards the professor ready to thank him. He approached the man, and wrapped him in a large bear hug. "Thank you so much!" he said, before taking off towards wherever he might find the gym. After smacking face first into the door a second time, he fell to the floor. Now that I think about it, I don't even know where the gym is... "I'll wait here until everyone is ready." Garett said, still lying on the floor.

8. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The automatic doors to the pokemon center opened, catching Equitas attention. He turned his head slightly to find that it was another student; a tall brown haired lad. A sudden guilt fell over him; which displayed on his face. "Dang... I must've been to busy in my own things to have noticed him during the flight.." while in thought, his mind took him to a reverie of his activity during the flight; which ultimately was just him napping comfortably. As if in an anime, one could almost imagine a sweat bead suddenly dropping on the side of his head; an embarrassed look following. With a small sigh of disappointment in himself, he turned his attention back to the four just in time to see the end of the trade.

Almost as if nothing had happened within him just a moment ago, he made his way to the group; forgetting about his bags. Although, it's not like anyone would take them right? Just as Equitas made his way to the group, the green haired individual departed from them with what looked like a satisfied grin. Not wanting to make himself seem too pushy, he decided against not introducing himself to him, at least not yet. Perhaps when he acquired his first pokemon, then they'd have something in common to talk about.

“I can reassure you: you are not late by any means. By arriving a day later than the start of term, you are not much more behind than those who came the day of. Others will arrive months well after this, and they will be in no danger of any sort.”

Equitas placed both hands behind his head, relaxed now knowing he was in no danger of getting in trouble for his tardiness. From the corner of his eyes, he could hear the talk among the pokemon from the Light haired trainer. "Oh wow. You have two pokemon already." thinking the obvious, mildly aware of the orders the Professor was giving the nurse. Now that he thought about it, that meant the other trainer had two pokemon as well...

"TORCHIC!!!"

He flinched, not being prepared from the excited outburst from the other late trainer. "Huh?" his mouth gave out, lowering both arms. Just a little ways from him, he noticed the professor and the other trainer by a counter where a machine was actively humming. Suddenly, the machine spit out a pokeball with a burst of light, followed by another burst of light from the pokeball spewing out its content. A torchic emerged from the evaporating light, chirping in what appeared to be excitement for being united with its new trainer.

Equitas made his way to the counter slowly. He was attempting to buy himself as much time needed considering he hand not thought of what his starter would be... "Geez...way to slack off till the last minute, Equitas... uuugghh.. Alright..think.." he thought to himself, eyes focused on the machine. Arriving to the spot, he placed the tip of his index and thumb on his chin, contemplating still. His eyes gleamed for a moment, as he slowly started to remove the starters from his list; almost how a detective would slowly eliminate his pool of candidates from a list of suspects.

" I suppose it's only right that I choose between these two...considering they were their starters.."

OOC:
    {
    Just for fun.

}

Finally, a sigh of relief hinted towards the end of his thoughts. Looking at the machine, in a calm voice "I choose Squirtle. "
    The screen on the machine lit up with a loud beep. It began to rumble as it began to process the pokeball from wherever it was being sent from. All of a sudden, the room lit up with radiant light as the pokeball began to manifest itself on the pokeball slot. With a burst of evaporating light, the pokeball was complete. His heart raced, finally being able to hold a pokeball in his hands after so long. "I guess it begins as of today.." he began, walking to the machine and gently picking up his first pokeball with his right hand. Immediately pivoting his body to face the opposite direction of the counter, he grinned whilst tipping the front of his fedora hat using his left hand; eyes filled with a new passion. His right hand twitched in excitement, as he all of sudden felt like a 10 year old imitating his Idol.

"Go! Squirtle!!" he shouted as he tossed the pokeball into the air. The ball momentarily hit the peak of the throw; slowing in its twirl. Suddenly, it snapped open releasing a beautiful light. The mass of light landed on the pokemon centers floor, and in an instant a Squirtle emerged from its radiant sleep.

"Squirtle!"it said. The life form turned to its new master. All in one, Equitas ran towards his new pokemon; catching the ball in the process. He stopped just inches away, staring at it as it stared back. The Squirtle could tell his new master had passion for it showed in his eyes. Equitas could tell his first pokemon had passion for it showed in its eyes. He knelt down, still towering over his Squirtle, but now closer to it than before. It was an intimate moment for the two, one that will be remembered for years to come.

"Will you be my partner, and help me soar beyond my limits?" he asked, already anticipating the nod of his Squirtle.

"Squirt Squirtle!" it replied with such glee; even going to the steps as to waving its arms in the air to further show its excitement. A smile overcame Equitas as he followed his urge and hugged Squirtle, feeling the action being returned by it. His titled fedora hat masked his eyes as they swelled with happy tears. Letting go of squirtle, he rubbed the tears away. He got up from his current position, and gave a pumped a left fist forward symbolically aiming at the horizon as he extended the index finger. The two faced the same direction. "There is no limit to what we can do! Together, you and I will soar beyond the heavens!" he exclaimed.

9. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]
    She looked over to the two new trainers who received their Pokemon. A smile came across her face as two new people had received a partner they will someday call their best friend. Eve had already entered her heart and made her feel like she had finally gained something worth fighting for and loving unconditionally.

Topaz looked at Wurmple and briefly smiled. "Okay, Silica, I think its time for us to go. Time to get in the Pokeball. We'll spend some more time together later, okay?" She said to Wurmple who she had nicknamed right then and there. It seemed fitting. It was a bug type and a female. String shot was one of its most well known moves and the substance itself could be made into Silk. Silica was just a play on the word with a feminine charm to it. Topaz took the Pokeball and let her Silica return.

"Well, Eve, should we go say hello to the new trainers?" Eve nodded with Topaz's idea happily. The Pokemon jumped onto her shoulder and the two set off to see the two new trainers. "Hello. I'm Topaz, and this is my friend Eve. I'm so glad you could join us here at the Academy and meet friends of your own." She smiled holding her hand out to greet them both.

10. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

Garett heard Topaz introduce herself, and immediately got to his feet. "Nice to meet you, my name is Garett!" He returned her gesture and shook her hand. Torchic scaled the length of Garett's body an triumphantly perched on his head with a satisfactory chirp. "This is Torchic, although you probably already knew that." Garett said, referencing his earlier outburst. "Thanks for the welcome, I was a little caught up in the current happenings to really notice anyone else... Sorry about that." Garett blushed slightly at his Faux pas. Torchic leaned down and pecked at Garett's forehead, then gestured towards Eve. Garret realized what Torchic was wanting and introduced the duo to the Pokemon as well. Garett suddenly noticed the silver gleam of Eve's fur, and blushed again for failing to realize that Eve was shiny until now. "Wow," he said, "Eve is beautiful!" Torchic chirped in agreement and the two stepped aside to allow Equitas to speak to Topaz as well.

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The trainers brought him back from his moment. Equitas turned his head towards the two near him, putting himself on standby so as to introduce himself once they were finished introducing each other. Noticing his masters change in direction, Squirtle turned too towards the group. Both Squirtles and Equitas eyes were drawn to the shiny pokemon the light haired trainer had with her. "Whooa...shiny.." he mumbled sarcastically as he switched between the shiny Eevee and the energetic Torchic perched on Garrets head. He was so busy looking at the pokemon, that he hadn't noticed Garrets cue. Squirtle looked up at Equitas, and gently tugged at his pants using his little arms. The tug was enough to grab his attention. "Oh right! My name is Equitas. It's a pleasure to meet the two of you, Garret...Topaz. " he said, pausing in between names as to adjust his nod of acknowledgement from one trainer to the others.

With a smile, "it's a pleasure to meet you two, as well as your partners! Aaahh, uumm...." He looked down at Squirtle. "This here is...Leo?" he said with a hint of uncertainty. Squirtle stared back at his trainer. After a long pause, Squirtle gave a thumbs up with a smile. Relieved to see Squirtle had liked it, he looked back at both teams. "I'm sure we'll all be great friends! If you ever need someone to have your back, we're here for you!"

12. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[/url]
    Lucia went ahead of the crowd, but it was only when she started to bark that Cyprus took notice she was so far ahead. The slightest sound from Lucia was something even he rarely heard, but Cyprus knew it the instant he heard it. Without drawing much attention from the students, he walked briskly outside and looked about, his feet planted firmly on the cobblestone. Another bark to his left told him immediately that whatever Lucia had occupied herself with, it was closer to the Font Square Fountain. His supposition was affirmed in the fact he saw a single woman sitting on a gray, stony bench in the middle of the fenced in enclosure within the square; he recognized the woman, and noted he saw her as rarely as Lucia ever barked. The woman posed no threat, but even to him she looked eerily calm with her back to the Pokémon Center while Lucia sat behind her on the other side of the fence, barking to the creepily complacent Meteorologist, Professor Aspen. Just as briskly as he had exited the building, Cyprus approached her, the woman, he knew as fellow staff, who dressed in white with two-tone bob-cut hair; most of it was white with one partial side a dark navy blue. She was a tiny thing, 5’0 on the dot and curvaceous. Even as he sat beside her, her calm was unsettling, and Cyprus knew what that meant: Professor Aspen had a somewhat unstable anxiety issue and her calmest attitude was to cloak that she was in a state of deep contemplation about something she greatly worried about. It was never good.

“Hello, Professor Aspen.” He tried to ease her with a friendly greeting, calming Lucia by rubbing her snout.

[/url]
    “Asp, Cyprus. Aspen sounds so very formal. I don’t know how many times I’ve told you.” Her voice was as calm as the tides on a serene beach, but as dark and tumultuous as the seas in a storm.

“You’ve told me before.” Cyprus admitted plaintively.

“We live on an island.” It was as though she were merely stating an interesting factoid than making a statement, with her expression so plain.

“Yes, Asp, we do.”

“Tropical.” She was a woman of very few words.

“Absolutely.”

“Absolutely,… you know we get Tropical storms and occasional Hurricanes.” Her tone was darker, and it finally clued Cyprus in to what she wanted to say, but her lips were so tightly pursed together.

“We’ve had them before. What does it look like this time?”

“Hurricane.” She replied, bowing her head.

“Exceptionally bad?” At this point, Cyprus was just making conversation and humoring the Professor’s visit. He was not truly unsettled until he noticed she did not reply; her silence was the worst thing to hear. “Is it really?”

“Catastrophic. Disastrous. It does not look good by any means.”

Cyprus always toyed with the idea that English was not Professor Aspen’s first language, as her sentence were always so minimal and choppy, but with choice words; maybe she just did not talk. After all, he did rarely see her out and about. “What sort of precautions should be taken?” Cyprus was as sober as a crypt, with his first priority being to protect the students and the second to make sure the school would continue to run.

“The buildings should be able to handle it. Most, anyway. The Center will be most safe, as always. No one can leave the island until it passes.”

“My biggest worry then is actually incoming students. It’s always a possibility. How much time do we have, Aspen?” Lucia seemed as intent on his words as Professor Aspen did, but Asp's eyes darted on Cyprus morosely when he used her surname in entirety.

“Just a few days. It actually could hit tomorrow and last for a few days. The storm is a little tricky to track.”

“Then we should be prepared as soon as possible. I’ll have to cancel orientations for now.”

“Can the student help?”

Oddly enough, it felt to Cyprus as though this was the first direct question he’d ever heard from Aspen; for a scientist, she was not openly curious in conversation. “If it puts them out of harm’s way instead of in it.” Cyprus agreed with a nod.

“Tell your students to come to me then. I know exactly what to do to avoid calamity.”

[/url]
    Professor Cyprus stood and looked across the square. “Everyone, please alert all students to gather in the Font Garden. Professor Asp,” He almost added “en”, but restrained it, “Has important news. A storm is coming.”

13. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Joshua and Melody had remained silent while the others were introducing themselves. They really weren't in a hurry to announce themselves; they were shy for the most part. Of course, they had always gotten along well, but that was because they had always known each other. As Cyprus made the announcement to head to the Font Garden, the two were the first to leave. "I wonder why he's angry..." Joshua whispered. "Hm?" Josh turned his head. "Oh, nothing." They continued along their path.

14. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Equitas turned towards the door as he heard Professor Cyrpus voice, followed by another couple of trainers exiting the pokemon center. Both He and Squirtle looked at each other, and immediately headed out the door. "Come on guys! This sounds urgent!" he shouted back at the other two now behind him. The doors opened for him, and he darted towards the fountain where his eyes caught sight of the other Professor, Asp. The pair stopped a couple of feet away from the Professors.

"What's the matter?" he asked, wondering if the situation had anything to do something with Professor Asp.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

Hearing the call of the professor. Both Alex and Gray left from were they were standing and headed outside the pokemon center.

16. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[/url]

Professor Aspen waited until all the students were collectively gathered before she spoke. Her dominating gaze was merciless, but, at the same time, patient; and her tone was just as warmly cold in a louder setting as it was in conversation. “Greetings, students of PokAcademy; my name is Professor Asp, and I am the resident Meteorologist. I’m not going to bore you with titles, but for those who do not know: I study weather patterns. This means I can predict certain events, within my means, and I am stressing now that I would not be before you were you not in any actual danger.” To avoid any unease, she softened her tone. “The easiest way to avoid catastrophe is to take two measures: One is “Precaution” and the other is “Provisions”. Professor Cyprus, please align them by their types of Starters.”

Professor Cyprus responded as he always did when it was positive; with a courteous nod. “Normal-types will side up with Grass-types on the left, with Fire-types in the middle, and Water-types on the right.” Professor Cyprus directed his students into ordered groups.

Professor Asp surveyed them each. Between Grass-types and Normal-types, there was only one of each. There were only two Fire-types and there was twice as many Water-types as Fire-types. At this point, the decision was based more upon a division than how relevant the types were to the tasks. “Two Water-types are to go with the Grass-type and Normal-type; the rest with form a second group.” Since there were so many Water-types, and Water-types were typically of paramount importance during storm and flood situations, the decision seemed to be the most logical by her standards; and she was absolutely about logic, absolutely. She whipped out her navy blue Pokénav, and was already onto her next move. “… Gaston, it’s Asp. I am coming over with four students to pick-up supplies from your kitchen, as planned. Make sure you have six jugs of water and ten industrial-sized cans set aside for the pick-up. Thank you …” She looked to the group comprised of Alex, Diopside, Joshua, and Garett. “We shall be Team White and Professor Cyprus’ group shall be Team Black.” She indicated the individuals involved. As she stood side by side, her white lab coat with a navy blue blazer and grey capris stood out beside Cyprus’ black suit. “I have given Professor Cyprus the instructions already that will be necessary to make sure you are all safe within the Pokémon Center bunker when the storm actually does hit. It is of the utmost importance that we make no delay. Let us away.” She shot a gaze over towards Team White and started on her way west of the Fountain that trickled softly in the calm air.

As she walked off, Professor Cyprus nodded to his own group. “It would appear that we are headed back for the Center, Topaz, Gray, Equitas, and Melody. The unfortunate thing about the Tropical climate out here, I’m afraid, is that seasons tend to have very fuzzy borders.” He noted before walking at his own pace back into the Pokémon Center.

@ @ @ @ @

Meanwhile, up in the sky, towards the north of the Island…

[/url]

“Ahoy, we seem to be having some complications. Not to worry though; I’m certain we’ll be able to make the main campus shortly.” The pilot shot back to the passenger compartment of a luxurious, small airplane. The carpet in the middle aisle was red, as was most of the rest of the interior of the plane; the armrests and headrests were jet black. An aged man, with a white beard and richly tanned skin, alone piloted the craft used especially for new arrivals to the school. Mr. Briney was highly a trusted man-of-the-sea who never failed to get students safely to the PokAcademy campus, but a bit of unexpected turbulence was slightly rocking the “boat”.

[​IMG]

Besides the slight knock every now and again, Victor honestly didn’t mind the rocky flight. It felt exciting and lively to not really know what would happen next. Naturally though, he had great concern for the safety of his younger sister, Victoria. After all, the entire reason he was there, experiencing that riveting flight, was because his sister had won a full scholarship to PokAcademy and he intended to protect her so far from home. Granted, they both knew their fair shares about the proper care and raising of Pokémon, but Victoria was certainly the brains when it came to care; Victor was the strategist. This was odd, as it occurred to him, due to the fact that Victoria was more of a career trainer while Victor was more of a hobbyist. They both used the same family Pokémon, having none of their own, but even though Victor always won over Victoria personally, it was Victoria who really had the drive to be the trainer in the Premier family tree. Victor, 19, and Victoria, 16, sat side by side as brother and sister and it did not surprise Victor in the slightest that Victoria did not jump at every single bump the flying metal vehicle made; Premier veins were made of steel. Victor sighed. Other than the recent minimal turbulence, the flight had been almost completely silent. He was fully aware there was another probable student there with them and the pilot, but no effort had been made by either party to strike up conversation. Intent to start good relations, Victor gave a sign to Victoria that he was leaving from his aisle seat for another. Careful not to be knocked over, Victor made his way over to the other boy and sat near him in the aisle seat across from whoever he was.

Victor offered his hand out and made eye contact with the boy. “Victor Premier, and you are?.” He said in a charismatic, evenly-toned voice.

[​IMG]
    Check the Dorms for details on your missions.

White Team: It’s best to work together as a team for these. Each player can only carry either ten cans or two jugs of water and only four blankets, depending on which you go for first. Check the newly provided map to get an idea of where you’re going to. Check in with Professor Asp after every completed task.

Black Team: Remember, you can only carry six Pokéballs on you at any given time that contain Pokémon. These Pokéballs happen to contain Pokémon, and all you have at least two Pokémon. It takes one person to check the Defense system, which will cover all possible openings with fortified metal sheets.

[​IMG]

Teams: The purpose of the split up and objectives here is to give you opportunities to have to rely on each other’s character. Tell a story; don’t just get the job done and that’s it.

Airplane: It’s clear flying for now. Chat.

17. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    A brown haired boy sat silently in the plane. He had wanted to go to the PokAcademy for quite a long time, and that feeling hadn't gone away. There were few things Zeke Catser found thrilling, or even enjoyable for that matter, but the idea of going to the PokAcademy was one of them. Although, he certainly wished that the method of getting there hadn't been in a plane. Zeke wasn't afraid of flying, but he wasn't particularly comfortable either. The fact that there seemed to be another kid just glancing at him from time to time, almost looking like he was analysing him, didn't help one bit.

Zeke briefly met the boy's gaze as he sat across from him. He was being made uncomfortable by this trip already, and he hadn't even gotten to the PokAcademy yet. Zeke sighed quietly. Sometimes, life was just such a drag. He made no effort to shake Victor's hand as he introduced himself, rather Zeke turned to look at the side of the plane, as though there was something very fascinating there, and simply replied "Zeke, not that it's any of your business" in a gruff tone.

18. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

"What would our starter types have to do with the present situtation?" he thought, walking in the direction Asp had designated the water types to move to. He found himself standing there while awaiting everyone else to meet up with their groups typing. Squirtle decided to lay down chest first, a look of boredom on his face. "Heh...yeah kind of a bother huh? Want to get back in your ball?" he asked, not wanting to force his new partner into anything. Still looking straight ahead, he nodded. Equitas dug into his pocket, retrieving a small red and white ball capable of fitting in the palm of his hand. He applied gentle force to the button assigned to the equator of the red and white ball, and instantly it expanded in the size now befitting a softball. He aimed at the bored pokemon for a second; a second being all the ball needed to analyze, process, and confirm the pokemons residency, as a red beam of light shot out and engulfed Squirtle. His body shrunk until it was small enough to compress into data which would travel through the laser to be stored inside the Pokeball. "Take a good rest, Squirtle...something tells me I might need you at full strength." he muttered at his pokeball, concerned eyes shifting towards the new group consisting of Topaz, Melody, Gray, and himself. Using the same action to enlarge the ball, he shrunk tool and pocketed it away as he followed Professor Cyprus and the team into the Red dome the majority of them met in.

19. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Melody watched in silence as her friend walked away with Professor Asp. She was somewhat nervous that they were splitting up; especially as the storm was going to be as bad as the professors said it would be. She quietly followed Professor Cyprus and the rest of her group into the Pokemon center and awaited further instructions.

Joshua calmly walked behind the rest of his group, observing the scenery around them. He wasn't to worried about the storm; he was more concerned about what it meant. Of course, to everyone else, he just seemed standoffish. He could sense a haunter nearby. "It seems to be in a good mood... must have freaked out the people observing it from inside it's pokeball." He thought to himself.

20. Mysty Unknown

Diopside gritted his teeth together at the situation. The way things were, these people around him would go far to slow. Diopside grabbed his two Pokeballs and threw them out to release Juggernaut and Patrat. He looked at them both with a grin. "Let's speed this up shall we. The sooner the better." He grabbed two jugs of water and signaled to Patrat to grob some of the water bottles. Another note was made to Juggernaut to grab some blankets. This would make things far easier than need be. He was certain the gorgeous and brilliant Professor Asp would completely agree with him.

Meanwhile...

Topaz followed behind the others who she was paired with. What exactly they would be doing was unclear however. They most likely would be taking the extra Pokemon that were sealed off in their pokeball's to a much safer location. She looked down at Eve and patted her head. She was shaking thinking about the oncoming danger. "It's okay Eve... if you want... you can go in the pokeball. I won't force you." Eve shook her head. It was more safe for Eve to be there to protect Topaz, so the pokemon thought. Topaz called out to the professor. "What are we going to be doing sir?" She inquired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.