PokAcademy Dorms (OOC Chat)

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sebax, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Academy Admissions Office LoungeInformation Desk

Welcome students! For right now, until further notice, the Dorms will act out the purpose the Lounge otherwise would. That means you will find important info on current Events/Objectives here.

For new members: You will find a list of Pokémon that have yet to be chosen as starters.

Code:
    I CHOOSE YOU,: (Insert name of starter)[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas]For the character: (Which character you intend this starter for)[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas]Nickname: (An optional Nickname for your Pokémon; if no name is given, then leave this blank; all the nameless will be given the name of their species.)

(Gender M=Male; F=Female)*Nature*Species

(M)*Hardy*Bulbasaur
    (F)*Timid*Charmander
    (M)*Bashful*Cyndaquil
    (M)*Serious*Treecko
    (F)*Naughty*Snivy
    (M)*Adamant*Tepig

Current Events: Absolute Tropical Meteorology
    Provisions:
    Go to the Mess Hall and pick up cans of canned goods and jugs of water from Gaston Oile (30/30) (6/6)

Gather blankets within the Dormitory storage space (0/12)

Precautions:
    Check the Pokémon Center’s Defense system (1/1)

Bring the Pokéballs to Nurse Joy for Teleportation (6/12)

Announcements!

October 28th, 2013; 3:35 AM EST
    PokAcademy now has a wiki. Follow the link mark "Information Desk" above.

2. Mysty Unknown

Catching Event is coming up Students.

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Pick a number 1-13 for each character. e.g= Myst could post Topaz- 2 and Diopside- 5. This is to determine what Pokemon you will be tasked with capturing inside the Pokemon Center.

Also, due to the canon of the games, everyone starts off with one potion. Shortly, also following the canon, a Potion will be given by a character coming up.

4. Mysty Unknown

Topaz chooses the number 10
    Diopside chooses the number 6

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

Alex chooses 13

Gray picks 7

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Suzanna chooses 3

Logan chooses 13

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Melody Chooses 12

Joshua Chooses 1

8. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Pidgey- 1- Joshua- Adamant- Male
    Sentret- 12- Melody- Gentle- Female
    Zigzagoon- 7- Gray- Impish- Male
    Wurmple- 6- Diopside- Timid- Male
    Bidoof-9- Markus- Docile- Male
    Krikitot- 11- Logan- Bold- Male
    Patrat- 10- Patrat- Naive- Female
    Lillipup-13- Alex- Rash- Male
    Purloin- 3- Logan- Sassy- Female

The next post will likely be up tomorrow morning or, less likely, tonight. Just want to point out: it's nearly midnight here, boiling hot, and I have church tomorrow morning. Just take that into account should there be any delays.

Also, I feel I should mention that Nurse Joy's image was made possible by the very talented PeshugadePosho on Deviantart. I was so lucky to find such a talented and up-to-the-job young and promising artist. Please, be sure to thank her, if you wish, for giving us all a nice way to envision our good Nurse.

Here is the image of Nurse Joy.

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Posting here cause I was asked to. Now what GM Base?

10. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

It's simple:

Take the number of the month you were born in, then the number of the date of your birth. I'm April 4th, so that is 5 and 4. Multiply that, so 5x4=20. Then, add up the letters in your first and last names. Jonathan ****** so that is 14. 14x20=280. #280, Ralts; the Feeling Pokemon.

There's another one: Pick a number between 1-100; repeats are fine. Then multiply that by the number of letters in the first and last names of ONE of your characters. The second part for me is a surprise, but I will say that the number I picked was 82. This one you can cheat a little with, but there are certainly limits on what you can do. Please give the name of the character you selected in the post you make.

This game does bear relevancy to an event coming up, since I don't want everything to be a slow tutorial thing. Just know: You aren't getting the Pokemon that is the result; not out of this event, anyway. If you have a number above the max number of Pokemon, then delete your last name from the equation.

List of Pokemon:
    Ralts/Gardevoir- Sebax

11. Mysty Unknown

Mine doesnt work.

First method is above 3000
    Then getting rid of my last names yields 1250

12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

LOL. this is funny considering what went down when we were first starting this Rp. April 4th. 4x4=16 Shawn ***** 10 letters. 16x10=160 ...And now for the funny part; #160; Feraligator; the big jaw pokemon. XD

Melody Jackson. 13 letters picking 23. 13x23=299 #299; Nosepass; the compass pokemon.

Divide by 2?
    You must have a long name... Or a decently late in month birthday combined with a slightly long one at least.

13. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

There will be times, always when resting in the Pokémon Center and sometimes during end days in Dorms, when players will have the opportunity to participate in a few mini-games to have a bit of fun in-between story chapters. This will not only keep things from getting repetitive, but also allow players to gain items and opportunities in the real RP! Keep in mind this: you do still post in the Story thread, as this dream sequence is a part of your Pokémon adventure. Now then, a few easy steps to get us started:

Take the two Pokémon you came up with during the previous random number game. These Pokémon are the ones your characters will become during the dream sequence. Got that? They become the Pokémon. Just imagine a Mystery Dungeon-like environment, as, since the whole RP is based around the games, this segment is based around those games. You can make either character whichever Pokémon you choose, so long as those are the two you came up with during the RANDOM NUMBERS EVENT! NOT the previous IN STORY event. Once you’ve picked, post in the OOC and state which character is which Pokémon. If you did not participate in the Random Numbers event, then simply state you want to participate and Pokémon will be selected for you. DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD UNTIL I START US OFF, please.

Now then, here’s how it will work. You’re in a dream, so you have a very loose idea of what is reality. Your characters act like themselves, but they are completely out of the context of what goes on when they are awake, and yes, you are in a mutual dream, so everyone can interact with each other; more on that in a little while. In this dream, being a Pokémon is normal to you (Get into Philosophy with me and I can teach you a few things maybe. xD), so no firsts posts going like “Hey! I’m suddenly a Pokémon! Cool!” which would be like “Hey! I have a keyboard in front of me! Awesome!”; we know you’re a Pokémon, and given the circumstances of the dream, there’s no reason to be surprised. Mutual dream. You are all in the same sphere of reality, and that’s as simple as it gets. I’ll give more specs on the location once we start, but this will change, much like in the online Dream World in the game franchise. I’ll try to keep things contained so that you are forced to interact and work together, because this mini-game is meant to be short (There will be a time limit).

Since this is the first dream, I’m going to clue you in on what sort of games will be featured over the course of it. The first will be a trivia game which will lead to a puzzle game. How does one script a puzzle game? Leave it to me; it’s simpler than it sounds. During the puzzle game, you’ll have to team up and face challenges in order to move on. At the end, rewards are dealt out to whom I decide is the best story-teller of the group. Unfortunately for myself, I can never be chosen, but since neither of my characters are actual game players, I can live with that. Another note: Professor Cyprus will be the only Professor participating as a mini-game player; Pine and Yew may be brought in at appropriate times, but only after such appearances have been coordinated ahead of time so everything clicks. When we start, your character will be at the base evolutionary stage, or baby stage if you choose to go that far low and your evolutionary family has one (E.g, if you came up with Raichu in the Random numbers event, you’d be Pikachu unless you said you wanted to be Pichu.) The reason for all this is that as we progress through the dreams, you will evolve. Don’t want to evolve? That’s fine too, just script a cancellation. Keep in mind, you’re being graded on creativity and adaptability in the end, so try to get the bonuses!

Oh man, this really is all complicated. xD When it comes to the games, there will be rewards for solving/completing a stage of a mini-game. Beat every mini-game, and you get really cool stuff, but you must participate in order to be counted for the victory. Remember that time limit? Well, normally it might wind up being three days, but since we’ve been going slowly, I figure 1 week this time around should be fine. That’s the beauty of dreams: there is no time/continuity stringency, since a dream can end whenever. Unfortunately though, if you don’t complete a stage of a game before completion, you don’t get a prize.

That should about cover it for now. Anyone who did not post an end day post has received a half strike which is the equivalent of force-feeding your Pokémon a non-stop stream of Rare candy; it makes me cry. In the future, please, try not to make me cry. ;~; That all said, I look forward to starting the dream with you all on Saturday, June 22nd, 2013, at 6 O’clock PM EST, as this is also the deadline to sign up for the dream. Have questions? Don’t be shy to ask.

14. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

I CHOOSE YOU,: TORCHIC
    For the character: Garett
    Nickname:

15. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I choose you: Squirtle

For the Character: Equitas Miano

Nickname: Leo

16. Glen Returned from the dead

I CHOOSE YOU,: Fennekin!
    For the character: Zeke Catser
    Nickname: Scarlet

17. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I choose you Snivy!
    For the character: Serena Lillium
    Nickname: N/A

18. Mysty Unknown

Snivy isn't available anymore. The only ones remaining are Froakie, Chespin, and Bulbasaur.

19. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Okey dokey!

I choose you Froakie!
    For the character: Serena Lillium
    Nickname: N/A

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.