PokAcademy!

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sebax, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Admissions Office Lounge Dorms Information Desk
    [/url]
    “I will not embarrass myself. Not today.” Professor Caesar Cade Cyprus quickly adjusted his jacket backstage in the smaller theater of the Auditorium where the lights were dimmed, while he checked over every inch of his rather imposingly tall 6’5” frame one last time to ensure the fine suit he was dressed in was as absolutely pristine as when he put it on hours before. His sandy brown hair was swept back and blown out, while his keen, crinkled coffee-colored eyes burned with intensity; his strong features bore a look of ambivalence while inside, he was suffering from a slight case of stage fright. He was only visibly startled when a soft muzzle nosed him in his right knee, causing him to instantly see his Ninetales, Lucia, staring up at him with those tender black eyes he could read as well in a silent expression as though she were actually speaking to him. Momentarily beset with worries at the sudden approach, he quickly turned to a lighter expression as he smiled broadly down at Lucia, and patted her nobly-formed white-furred head. “There’s my girl.” He cooed, while his signature sophisticated baritone articulated above par. “Are all the students waiting in the audience?” He looked to see the white ashy vixen give a nod of her slim head, her many, long white tails fanning and waving behind her where she sat. “How many are there?” Cyprus adjusted his collar, checking it in a mirror, raising his defined jaw to get a better look of his elongated, medium-thick neck. He listened intently as one paw patted the floor loudly and with distinction, being Lucia’s to count off the attendance. “Goodness, only seven?” He finished with his adjustment to his satisfaction.

Frankly, he wasn’t incredibly surprised. PokAcademy was well known as a reserved school suited only for those very willing to succeed in the world. Though they came from many regions, they were usually kept few to keep the population of Pokémon from being upset by the overbearing presence of the town-like Academy. But 7? “Is Professor Oak nearly ready, Lucia?” With this last question, she gave no direct answer, but instead rose to all four of her graceful feet and headed behind the main curtain with the likely intent of searching out such an answer she could not provide. Cyprus tried to put the low count out of his mind; PokAcademy was a school where you didn’t have to attend the whole year’s course in order to pass, but it certainly helped. He hoped silently that more students would show up before long as he flipped the stage lights on in the small theater.

Calmly, Cyprus walked towards a curtain to look out onto the stage but kept himself back far enough so that he could not see any portion of the darkened seating area. He grasped one leathery hand firmly in the other as he rested them behind him, only just realizing he’d forgotten to put on his gloves. He was not rushed as he let loose his grip and took to his left breast pocket inside his black dress jacket. Inside the silky pocket were two fine gloves that he squeezed his hands into for the extra sense of style he typically preferred. Once again a snout bumped him, this time right behind his knee, from behind. He turned around and took to a knee, facing Lucia directly with brightly intelligent eyes. “Good news about the Professor, Lucia?” It was not odd to him how he referred to Samuel Oak with reverence; Oak always received the formality from the standing Dean of PokAcademy, even though they technically shared similar status in the functioning world. Lucia was used to Cyprus’ respect for the elder Professor as well, because she nodded curtly. Not long after the nod, an older man, though not too far over Cyprus’ 41, walked onto the stage with glee etched on his features. Cyprus’ mouth curled up on one side in a lopsided grin. From where he stood, he could tell that Professor Oak seemed happy to see everyone who had come to PokAcademy.

[/url]
    “Hello, everyone!” An elated Professor Oak announced to the students he faced in the audience. His eyes were fixed on them with surveying judgment that was both congenial and determined. “I must say that I am very glad I had the opportunity to come see you all personally this year to welcome everyone to PokAcademy.” He sighed heavily, shrugging his white lab coat-covered shoulders. Underneath the open lab coat, he wore a yellow, floral print tropical T-Shirt with khaki shorts below… and it was the middle of autumn. “Last year, I’m certain Professor Cyprus recalls my lack of communication skills when it comes to the use of technology.” Oak gestured toward Cyprus stage right.

Professor Oak was right… Cyprus did remember, and grimaced at the memory. Apparently one of the Aides under Oak’s tutelage had neglected to follow Cyprus’ dictation that Oak’s lab was to be cleared of all Pokémon before the chat was established. Over a dozen students that day learned what it looked like when a man was nearly engulfed by an adult Muk as Oak had struggled to balance care of feeding the slimy creature and introducing the basics of PokAcademy with his own particular flair… Naturally, all wild and domesticated Grimers and Muks on the island where PokAcademy was located were temporarily relocated to storage inside Pokéballs in the Pokémon Center nearby. Just then, as he looked back, Lucia licked his bare wrist, obviously sensing his tension and trying to ease it; she succeeded, as Cyprus smiled down at the warm-hearted gesture that spoke to Lucia's Gentle nature.

Meanwhile, Oak continued with his oration. “Now then, I’m sure you’re anxious to know exactly what you’ll be learning this year and what sort of adventures await. Allow me to tell you all that there is a great deal to be learned and a great many adventures to be had!” Oak smiled at the audience as a great big blank black screen descended from the ceiling. Once it had firmly landed and stuck in place, taking up most of the space that had been the back curtain, an image flickered onto it of a bird’s eye view of a small isle. “Now then, I’m sure you’re all quite aware of where this is; you just had an excellent view of it from your plane seats as you flew in yesterday, and there it is again: PokAcademy Island. Now, be sure to pay attention to how I said that: Pock Ah Cad Ah Mi. Not Poke. I find too often the school is given the wrong title in normal, everyday conversations, but all the same: I’m glad it gets talked about at all because it’s very new and very important if we are to increase our education on Pokémon and our mutual existences with them. Once more, that’s “Pock” though, as in a “Pock” mark or… Pocky… delicious, delicious Pocky...” Professor Oak waxed toward a dreamy state as he seemed to start to dream of yogurt-coated biscuit sticks, and right in the middle of his speech. “Oh!” He snapped out of his daze quickly and recovered, much to Cyprus’ relief. “Anyhow, let’s tell you more about the curriculum. That’ll be the job of our very own Professor Cyprus, who has the distinction of being the Academy’s first standing Dean.” He stated rather excitedly, but as he spoke, the image on the large TV screen changed to a looping video showing pictures of all the starter Pokémon that were offered to PokAcademy students on the first day of Orientation. Professor Oak noticed the transition when he looked behind him to see a very large Squirtle towering above him in 2-D. “Oh my! I seem to have muddled up the order of introductions.” Worriedly, Oak took a collection of note cards from his lab coat pocket that had the near to the same thickness as a deck of cards. He flipped through many of them in a rushed and panicked state, only to be relieved when he found the remedy to his predicament. “My apologies everyone! Next up is our resident Pokémon Historian, Professor Pine. She’s rather young, mind you, and not much older than yourselves, but I ask that you offer her the same amount of respect you’d give to an adult; she’s a very bright young girl, and certainly shows promise as a new researcher on the staff. Everyone: Professor Pine!” With showmanship worthy of the big top, Oak swung out his arm to stage left where Professor Pine was located. Unfortunately, his left hand happened to be the one holding the thick set of note cards that flew out of his grip to burst into a scatter on the expansive stage floor. “Oh- Oh dear…” Professor Oak blushed at his bluster, while Lucia tried to calm Cyprus again out of the fit of nerves he was falling into as the white cards blanketed the black wood.

[​IMG]
    Listen to the Professors' instructions and introductions, with options to quietly talk to fellow trainers in the audience. Please note: you're really free to do whatever. Just know what you do has consequences in the RP! Also, check in the Social Group soon to understand why there's a Minun by the above banner, and why it'll occasionally be replaced by a Plusle.

2. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Melody Chuckled slightly at the behavior of Professor Oak onstage. He seemed like a nice man, but his actions were just too much. She straightened up and paid closer attention. She scolded herself. "Take this more seriously." Next to her Joshua silently chuckled as well; not at Professor Oaks behavior but at Melody's. "You know it's Okay to smile, right?" He whispered to her. She smiled at him. "Don't worry," She whispered back. "I know what fun is. But we should be paying attention." She said as they turned their heads back towards the stage.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

The young woman Oak had indicated to stepped onstage. Behind her walked a girl-like Pokémon. It was a Gothorita. She cleared her throat.

"It's hard to believe that only 2 years ago I say where you sit today, listening to my own orientation, before I went to study under Professor Aurea Juniper. However, as easy as a school about Pokémon may seem, it's not a walk in the park.

"Here at the PokAcademy, we craft young trainers looking to study Pokémon into fine and knowledgable individuals. Whether it's Pokémon History, studying them overall, or Pokémon Medicine, we want ALL our students to succeed." She picked up her Gothorita. "There are 649 known Pokémon, maybe even more! And with your help, I'm sure we'll be able to chart and document them all for future generations!" She bowed. "Thank you, and enjoy your first day!"

Suzanna clapped loudly when Professor Pine was finished. She looked toward her brother. "I can't believe we're actually here Logan! Do you think I can become Champion of Unova if I study here?"

Her brother smiled at her. "Hey sis, if you got dreams, do what you have to!" He paused. "Sure, it may be hard. I mean, the current Champion beat Team Plasma, and the past Champion tamed Reshiram and flew off!

"But I believe in you. For now, we should focus on getting our partners. You know, as soon as we're done here..."

4. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]
    It was now Professor Yew's turn to go up to the stage. After the events of Professor Oak causing her to blush and the well done speech by Professor Pine, she had no idea what impression she would make among the students. When that thought occurred, a little cone shaped Pokemon appeared behind her leg. It was a Snorunt, Professor Yews favorite Pokemon. Her Glalie and Froslass produced this one for her. It wasn't like a normal Snorunt, however. It was a shiny one. A very rare thing to see.

She came out smiling at her colleague. Her Snorunt cling to her leg from the fear of such a crowd. She looked down and picked up the baby Pokemon. "No need to worry little one. None of them will hurt you. I promise." The small Pokemon shivered less and came to a calm as it looked out into the crowd. Yew also looked out and began to speak.

"Hello my students. Welcome to the Academy. I am Professor Yew and will be aiding you in the teaching of Pokemon Evolution and Breeding. This here is Snorunt. I know some of you come from different regions and are familiar with this Pokemon but are completely unaware of why its colors are of completely different shades. This is what we call a shiny Pokemon. They have 1/8000 chance of appearing. Here at the Academy, however, they appear more often. This island had many shiny Pokemon before we settled here." She sat the Snorunt down and it went to hide behind her lef again.

"I come from the region of Orre where I have met many young individuals like yourselves accomplish great things. I say this to you all now, If you can believe in yourself and push towards your goals, you will succeed. There is no feat you cant accomplish. Some of the greatest trainers such as Red and Gold have proven this and continue to amaze us to this day. I feel all of you can be as great as them one day. Love your Pokemon, make friends, and never give up on your dreams: That is what being a Pokemon Trainer is all about." She said with a loud boast of confidence.

[​IMG]

Topaz looked at the Pokemon Professor Oak had showed on the monitor. Her eyes were fixed on the small brown Pokemon known to her as Eevee. It was never obtainable in her home region of Hoenn and she had always wanted one. Winona told her to one day search the Pokemon out and it would come to her, even if the region had no record of it. Winona was her idol being that she grew up in Fortree City. Oak was also fairly comedic with all the mistakes he made, they almost seemed like they were planned, but he couldn't have been that witty she thought. Once he was done she smiled and was anticipated the next Professor.

Professor Pine seemed like a wonderful woman. Teaching the History and the Medicine of Pokemon. That showed she cared about her Pokemon deeply and what the best way was to help them. Topaz admired that greatly of her. Her Gothierra was quite adorable as well. It looked very well taken care of.

The next professor was a woman with purple hair and a small Snorunt on her. She knew of this Pokmeon well. It was discovered in her region after all. "Those colors are wrong though. Whats wrong with the poor thing?" She asked silently to herself. Just like that Yew answered her question. "I wonder what a shiny Eevee would look like. I bet it is so adorable." She then dazed into the thoughts of what color the small creature would be.

5. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

OOC: I'm at school right now, but I have read all the posts. What I must say is: SUPERB job. The Professors spoke eloquently and the students are very believable. The bit about Shiny Pokemon appearing more often on the island was one of the better additions, because it really made sense; so it passes as canon for the RP. I will start scripting Professor Cyprus' oration as soon as I can get to my laptop (I have it here at school), and he will have his say before we move onto the Labs where each Pokemon will be handed out. Feel free to post until then. EDIT: Now formatting my scripted post I've been writing all day.

[/url]

“Professors Pine and Yew everyone!” Professor Oak garnered more prompted accolades from the students after he spoke his praise of the two previously presenting Professors. “I’m sure you’ll see quite a bit of both Professors you’ve seen today, since they will also help guide you as advisers. At PokAcademy, you’ll notice there is a staff of teachers, but they don’t necessarily teach classes. You see” Professor Oak expounded as he took to Center stage; a gigantic Mudkip with its mouth wide open looked like a very jolly beast fixed on gobbling up the Professor. Here, he was cut off as his microphone went dead. “Er- what now?” He was still speaking in his speaking voice, so his last words barely reached the front row of pneumatic purple-satin seats.

[/url]

Professor Cyprus had disabled Oak’s microphone just in the nick of time. “Oh thank goodness; Kohn would have a fit if someone stole his thunder.” He said to himself aloud before he started to briskly, but prestigiously, take to the stage with a Gentlemanly smile. “Thank you ever so much, Professor!” Cyprus’ grand baritone, sophisticated voice projected and bounced off the walls. “That portion is covered later, I’m afraid.”

[/url]

Thus, he turned to the audience and gave a slight bow. He greatly stood over the other Professors, so he tried not to scare any of the students with his sudden appearance by humbling himself little to the viewers. “Hello,… everyone.” He stood back up and peered into the darkened audience chamber with distinction. “My name is Professor Cyprus, and I study Pokémon behavior along with natural habitat; I’ve been to nearly every corner of the world. I also happen to be the Dean of the Academy, so whenever you have an extremely taxing crisis, I will help, but I must advise: I am usually very occupied myself.” Here, Lucia came from stage right to return to Cyprus’ side; his constant satellite. Her tail fanned out as she sat, and her glossy white fur blazed with beauty in the spotlight as Squirtle showed back up. (The video was showing a loop of all the starters and had returned to the beginning during the presentation.) He coughed into his fist when he felt Lucia brush up against them, and saw her staring out into the crowd with a warm, but emotionless gaze. Lucia was used to her seeming apathy, but knew better, as he could tell at the moment she was elated by the minute twirls of her second to last right tail and a tiny patter of her rear paw on the floor. To him, she was saying “Hi. I don’t talk much, but I already like you because you seem like nice young people.” To the students, judging by the blank look in her black eyes an her motionless jaw, Cyprus imagined the general interpretation would be, “Now that you are all here, I’m going to wait until you’re asleep, burn your arms and legs, and eat you slowly.” He figured now was the time for an introduction for the matronly Pokémon. “This,” He directed down to Lucia, who looked up at him, “Is my Ninetales: Lucia. She may not look it, but she is very happy to meet you all. She’s a bit of an occasional wanderer, so you’ll probably see her once or twice during any given day around the Font Square. Speaking of which, we should be heading out into the square now to head towards the Labs.” He raised both his hands, palm up to about shoulder length to signal to the students it was time to go. “There’s only a few of you so do not worry about lines; just stick together as a group. The Lab will be the large metallic building on the other side of the Font Square when you leave the building. We will accompany you all.” And he signaled to his fellow Professors to usher students out the doors.

As they were guided out, Cyprus turned to Oak. “Terribly sorry you can’t stay, Professor.” Cyprus bowed once more, but went deeper in the bow than he had gone before. He stood back up straight before he spoke again. “Will you be flying out by aircraft?”

Oak laughed. “Oh goodness gracious, no Caesar; and please, for the last time: Samuel.” Oak smiled at the younger Professor, who took the correction in stride; they’d been over this before, and each time Cyprus couldn’t help but say “Professor” or “Sir”. “After all”, Cyprus had concluded once to Lucia, “Professor Oak was the one who is more responsible for this Academy than anyone.”

“Oh… um… Samuel, how exactly do you plan to return to Kanto?” He asked with interest in the no-so-obvious answer. Oak replied by removing a tiny orb from his belt that he clicked the center button of, causing it to expand into a larger ball recognizable as a standard Pokéball. When the hatch opened, a collection of light energy spouted out to gather on the floor to take shape as a… “Pidgey, Sir?” Indeed, the tiny bird Pokémon was sitting there with a blank expression (Not quite as intelligent in meaning as Lucia’s) on the stage after everyone else had been brought out of the room.

“Not to worry, Caesar; he I taught him to carry people as he flies.” Oak laughed but quickly deflated. “Or at least, I think this is the right Pidgey… Oh dear.” As Oak then jumped into a panic and fumbled around with his collection of potentially right Pokémon attached to his hip, Cyprus bowed once more and turned to leave.

Cyprus tried not to sigh too loud as he left, Lucia right at his heels.
    ~
    Later,

Exiting the Auditorium, the group headed, herded by the Professors, directly for the prescribed building. The Font district was the center hub of activity in the Academy, right beside the school building itself. The Library, the Pokémon Center, the Labs, the Gym, and more could be found in the sphere of the surrounding area, all of which was centered around a small gated square, with a decorated stone fountain in the middle. The walk was brief as everyone was rushed into the Labs with the bright sun shining on their backs; it was drawing close to 56 Degrees Fahrenheit outside, as the brisk fall air pushed a few scattered leaves from the nearby forest across the treeless cobblestone pavement that expanded throughout the whole district.

Inside the Labs, there were all manners of technological marvels behind glass, but all the students were quickly hustled toward a large, secluded room to the right of the lobby after the main entrance. As the futuristic door shut with a woosh behind them all, everyone found themselves in a room with plain oak flooring, with white and gray striped walls. All around the room were pedestals that stood separate from each other, and each of them supported a pillow of varying colors. Upon these pillows, all of them were green, blue, and red generally, with one being yellow and another being brown, was each a plain Pokéball.

[/url]

Cyprus approached the brown pillowed pedestal and took it in his hand. “I imagine everyone can tell me what this is.” He carefully twirled the ball around and raised it up for everyone to see. “And I’m sure there is at least one student who can tell me what’s inside.” He smiled at Topaz and lowered his hand out to the young girl. “Topaz Nyoto, you along Logan and Suzanna Kai have been awarded first picks this year. You tied to win the essay contest, which as of yet had been unprecedented, but all the same, you are permitted to all make your choices. There are over a dozen choices to make, so I please ask you show a little decorum; but I’m sure you three will. You see: I personally read the essays. You all did grand, but everyone, including myself, may have something to learn from this trio.” He nodded, nearly in sync with Lucia below him.

Just then, Lucia arose to stretch and accidentally bumped Cyprus in the leg, causing him to become off balance and catch himself on the nearby brown-pillowed stand. In the process, the Pokéball he was holding fell to open up on the floor. Much in the same way Pidgey appeared moments before in the auditorium, out popped an Eevee. But not just any Eevee. Lucia gave it an inspective sniff before nuzzling its face in a motherly way. “There shouldn’t have been any Shiny Pokémon in any of the Pokéballs! This has never happened before either!” Cyprus dusted himself off, aghast at presence of the silvery Eevee. He quickly collected himself however. It was, indeed, a happy accident. “Well… I think I know which one will be going first.” He then spoke to the rest, “Once these three have made their choices, you are free to make yours. For now, feel obliged to take a look around; the names of each Pokémon are on a small tag on the pillow they lie on. Also, there is no point in switching the balls; if someone picks from “Chikorita” and opens up a “Treecko”, Chikorita will be found and given to the trainer who chose it.” He advised, choosing to stand off to the side as the room became fair ground.
    [​IMG]
    The three mentioned trainers should make their choices so everyone can official make their choices. However, every player can make their picks now in the Social Group thread: "Stater Selections"; they just won't be officially mentioned until after Topaz, Suzanna, and Logan pick.
    [​IMG]
    Anyone who is not Suzanna, Logan, or Topaz are free to do exactly what Cyprus said: Walk around the room and examine the choices.
    Also, general announcement: WHY CYPRUS HAS TWO BANNERS: One is to show when he is speaking to a student group or the whole of the student body; one is to show he is being portrayed more self-reflectively or some other means of posting. It's to help show when something very important is brought up by a Professor to the group. This does not mean just read those pieces; just that it highlights things you REALLY need to know.

6. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]
    Topaz looked around the Academy's outside locations as well as the entrances to the Labs, Gym, and other locations. They were clean and adequite. The Pokemon here must have really liked to live around here. Even Professor Cyprus's Ninetails enjoyed it enough to just roam around and be free without fear coming down on it. A light smile came across her face as they entered the room in which they could select their Pokemon finally.

Cyprus held in front of him a Pokeball. It was obvious what it was. But not everyone knew the fundamentals about Pokemon and how they were captured. Then the professor whispered to her and two other students. The entrance essay they were required to write aloud her and these other two first pick. They were apparently that spectacular to get such a benefit. Then, the professor made a mistake. He dropped the Pokeball in which he was showing to the entire student body. Out came something she had always wanted, an Eevee. And not just any kind of Eevee, a shiny one, one that was silver and gray. Her eyes glittered at the site of the Pokemon. It was like her favorite type, but on an adorable Pokemon. Topaz leaned down to look at the startled Pokemon who had no clue what had happened. It as well stared into her eyes and saw something of love and compassion. It quickly frolicked over to her and jumped into her arms where it smiled and tried to cuddle with her. Rubbing its head, she began to speak. "I am grateful that I get to choose, but I believe this little one has chosen me." She looked down at the Eevee which seemed to be female. "Isn't that right Eve."

[​IMG]

"Dang it!" Diopside cursed. He was late for the beginning of the day from oversleeping. He had come into the admissions office asking to find where everyone was and that he was running late. They gave Diopside a quick run down of the events that just occurred. He hasn't missed much. They pointed him in the direction of where the other students had been. Lucky for him, he arrived before all the Pokemon were snatched away.

He witnessed a beautiful girl acquire an oddly colored Eevee. His blood began to boil as he wished to have been the one to pick it. Bill refused to give him one in Kanto saying some Trainer named Red beat him to it. Refusing to say anything though, he just breathed in and out and would let the Eevee go. Maybe sometime during the school year he could get another. But now the question was, what would he pick? He looked at the Pokeballs around the room and began to ponder at what he should use for his school year as his partner.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

While the three chosen made their picks at starters, Gray stood with the rest of the students and looked at the other choices. Now getting second pick wasn't a bad thing depending on how you look at it. On one hand they still got to pick some pokemon like everyone else, and on the other hand if a pokemon that they wanted was taken, then they were out of luck. Which is why he always had a back up pokemon in mind. Since Samurott was one of his top water type pokemon, he had his eye on Oshawott, but in the event that he was beaten to the punch he looked to his second favorite water type, Totodile. Either way he would walk away with a water type, as for which one that would depend on what they picked.

There was a small twinge of jealously that ran through Alex as he watched and waited for his turn to pick. He wasn't too concern with what the first three picked, so long as it wasn't a fire type. Well he was more concern with them taking Chimchar than anything else right now. Alex was one of those kids who planed out certain things ahead of time, like what pokemon he wanted. All he knew for certain was that he wanted a fire type and possibly a flying type too. The others he would deal with later, seeing as he would probably have plenty of time to make his decision.

8. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Melody had listened to the rest of the Introduction carefully, making sure to memorize the names of each of the professors. She instantly liked Prof. Cyprus as well as the others, and was delighted to see Lucia; a friend of hers back home had a Ninetails and while it was not her favorite pokemon, she loved the sheer beauty and Austere white majesty of the creature. She also appreciated the intelligence of the being; it could be quite kind and helpful. Next to her, Joshua was quite enamored with the Shiny Snorunt, he found it endearing to see such a nervous yet adorable creature; he may prefer the dark and dragon types, but he found certain charms in all pokemon, and he was truthfully the kind of person who tried his best to be at least mildly polite. As they were led through the campus, the two of them liked the sights they saw. When they reached the lab, the arrival of the shiny Evee was quite adorable as well. He wore a soft smile as he looked around at the other pokeballs. Melody also thought the Evee's appearance sweet. As she looked around at the choices, she also smiled; Joshua was a very kind person. She knew this better than most. While they had been born in different regions, they had known each other most of thier lives. Despite his somewhat strange appearance, he was willing to make friends with almost anyone.

9. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

"Isn't that right Eve."

[​IMG]
    Cyprus smiled at the mutual connection found in the pair; Topaz and “Eve”. Pokémon collections were the same at PokAcademy as anywhere else when it came to the subject of naming Pokémon. In fact, he had always been in favor of giving nicknames to newly acquired Pokémon, as he noticed it could potentially bring Trainer and Pokémon closer together, but this was not always the case, since some Pokémon either didn’t like the name or the trainer, or most trainers got along just as splendid with Pokémon referred to whatever species the trained participants were.

[/url]

“Now that one the honorees have made their selections, you are nearly free to make your decisions as well. When you do, it is highly suggested you meet your Pokémon face to face to ensure the choice you made is what is in the ball. We take great care to organize this monolithic event, but like the presence of Topaz’s Shiny Eevee, there are things about the process that… Oh, how do I put it?; that the left hand doesn’t let the right know it’s doing; using a metaphor to mean: From the catching or transference of Pokémon from other regions, which by the way, Topaz, I believe Eve was, in fact, transferred from another Pokémon Center, there are a plethora of opportunities for misrepresented or misinterpreted information to be exchanged. Each ball was double checked by our resident Librarian, Kohn Huxley; but Kohn likely used a scanner that only gives the species of the Pokémon in any targeted Pokéball, as this has always been the common practice at this ceremony for years. I can certainly tell that will have to change, because although we do not intend to reprimand you or your Pokémon by replacing them merely due to an accident in this particular occurrence, we also do not intend to give anyone any explicit luxuries that make it seem as though we play favorites with our students. As for Shiny Starters, this is a luxury I am not extremely concerned about, and neither should you be; as there are many Shiny Pokémon on the island, I’m absolutely certain everyone here will have acquired at least one “Shiny” before the year is out.” He gave them all a stern look. “You heard Professor Yew earlier, or at least, I hope they did, Professor,” And he bowed briefly towards Yew, “And she gave a certain number. What was it?” He asked in a manner that suggested he did actually know the answer, “Just because the chances are better on the island does not mean every Pokémon you encounter will be a Shiny.” He added as an announcement beside the question to all of the students.

Lucia, meanwhile, was wandering the room when she came upon a young girl, one of the honorees and the one who had not selected a Pokémon yet. She pressed her nose into the girls palm and rubbed her forehead up against the girl’s hand. Cyprus soon noticed this striving for attention and called his Ninetales back. “Lucia, please, not now; the students have to pick so we can move onto the Pokémon Center… Ah, yes. That reminds me.” He spoke first to Lucia then mostly to himself. “Everyone, following the selection ceremony, we will be going over to the Pokémon Center which you likely spotted across from the Labs as we passed it on our way out the Auditorium; it’s the big green building just in front of the front entrance of the Auditorium, and it faces the square.” He orated. “Dinner for tonight will be provided there along with an opportunity to become more acquainted with your Pokémon.”

Once finished, he stepped off to the side again and approached Professor Yew, “Yvette, do you know anything about the boy whom has shown up just now?” He said quietly, pointing to the young lad who had just run into the room to see Topaz select Eevee. He was young, so Cyprus guessed he was a student, but then again, he could also be one of the many more youthful-looking aides employed in the Labs. ‘No, he’s not an aide… his garb is certainly one of a trainer. Which one of them is this one? Were there more late students this morning?’ Questions flooded Cyprus’ mind as he scratched Lucia behind her ear while he watched Diopside enter the Starter room. No natural light permeated into the inset room, so Cyprus wondered how the boy would have known to have come to this particular building, let alone this particular room.

[​IMG]
    Welcome, Diopside, to PokAcademy. Tale Wind has also joined us, so let's welcome his Markus Friedland when he shows up! Not much has changed for expectations at the moment except that a new player has arrived into the story, who is added to the list of characters that have to wait for Logan and Suzanna to pick. So far, everyone has made claims, so maybe some people should start looking into the info on the one they want. When in doubt, just go to bulbapedia and rip a PokeDex entry from one of the games.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Markus Friedland sheepishly slipped into the lab, closing the door quietly behind him, just in time to hear Professor Cyprus give the okay for everyone to start choosing their starter Pokémon. The only reason he was able to find the place, though, was by following another boy dressed in green who he'd overheard asking for directions.

He stepped to the side, intercepting the professors. "I'm sorry for my lateness," he apologized. "My name is Markus Friedland; I signed up as a student here, but got stuck in traffic on the way today." He bowed his head. "I just thought I'd check in before..." He glanced at the table where the starters' Poké Balls sat, and noticed that the other students were beginning to descend upon it. "Sorry," he said again, before inserting himself into the crowd of people.

Markus had been worried initially about getting lost in the crowd of trainers, but quickly realized that this would not be an issue, as he was about two inches taller than the tallest person in the lab. That being said, he was able to be one of the first trainers to choose just by virtue of his longer stride.

It...really hadn't occurred to him to think of what he'd choose as a starter before arriving. But, now that he was there, it seemed only fitting that he'd choose a Pokémon from his own region as his starter. So he made his way to the section of the table designated for Sinnoh Pokémon...only to discover that two had already been claimed. I am never going to be late for anything for the rest of my time here.

He picked up the last Poké Ball and inspected it closely. The Ball seemed to belong to a Turtwig. Made sense, as Chimchar and Piplup were both extremely popular. But he kinda liked the little grass turtle, personally. Markus stepped back from the table into a more open area of the lab, held out the Poké Ball, and clicked the button.

In a small flash of light, the Ball opened and released the Grass-type. Upon being let out, Turtwig closed its eyes and shook its head a bit, as if just waking up (which, come to think of it, it probably was). "Hey there," Markus said, kneeling down to look at Turtwig better. Turtwig looked back at Markus, blinked a couple of times, then smiled. "Looks like we're gonna be partners, huh?" Markus scratched the back of Turtwig's head and the Pokémon responded with pleasure. Making his way up, Markus decided impulsively to lightly flick the twig sprouting from Turtwig's head, and the Pokémon immediately glared and snapped its jaws at Markus's finger. "Whoa, okay! Twig's off limits! Got it!" Turtwig looked at Markus warily before dropping the expression, indicating that the action was forgotten. "Sorry..."

Markus tossed Turtwig's Poké Ball in the air once before clipping it to his belt with satisfaction. "This is gonna be an interesting year, huh..."

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Suzanna looked at the Kanto table. Being from Unova, a lot of Pokémon weren't found there. One of her favorites was Pikachu. She had heard about Red and his Pikachu, and even saw him in the Pokémon World Tournament against two kids from her region: Mei and Nate.

Suzanna looked at the 4th Pokéball on the table and she clicked it, releasing a yellow rat. But... It was different. It sparkled a bit when it came out!

"Logan! Logan look! I have a shiny Pikachu!" She noticed the indent on its tail, "And she's female too!" Suzanna knelt down and pet the Pikachu. "Hiya! I'm Suzanna. We're gonna be partners from now on." She scratched Pikachu's ear, and the Pokémon smiled and closed her eyes. Pikachu then ran forward and jumped into her arms. "Haha! She likes me! Pick yours now Logan!"

Logan smiled at his sister. She looked really happy to have gotten her dream starter. He looked over at the Unova starters.

Having met Cheren and Nate before, they told him the order of Pokémon. He picked the last one and clicked the button. Out came a little otter-like Pokémon.

"Hey little guy, I'm Logan."

The Oshawott looked at him and smiled. "Ooshee!" It cried out. It crossed its little arms, proud to have been picked by someone.

12. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

OOC: Cyprus is 6'5" according to the first post. How tall is Markus? The whole point of his height is to set him up as seemingly more powerful than the students. Also, working on this quickly so it will not have the usual pictures except the Objectives, and the "e" will be missing from every "Pokemon". I'll add this in afterwords.
    [​IMG]
    "Wait a moment!" Cyprus shouted out to the newly arrived Markus as he had slipped under the radar while he was preoccupied with the presence of Diopside. "You can't-" He stormed over to the student, unabated by their similar height; he was the Dean after all, and much older. He would speak sternly to the student, but... it wasn't really the boy's fault; this Cyprus realized. Well, being late was Markus' fault, but not the absence of knowledge on the honorees picking first. Just as he made it half way there, he caught Logan and Suzanna out of the corner of his eye, along with their apparent Pokmon.

The image that stood out was the notably different Pikachu. "Another Shiny Start-Oof!" In his surprise, Cyprus lost some of his customary grace and wound up tripping himself in mid-step. He fell to the floor on his rear, almost having landed on a Turtwig. Dazed from the fall and slightly befuddled, he looked into the turtle pokmon's eyes as it stared back into his. This went on for a little bit longer than it should have before Professor Cyprus leaped to his feet and dusted himself off. "Well, as it would appear the honorees have selected their Pokmon, I suppose you are also free to." Cyprus said to the student without looking at him. "I will ask that in the future, you try to make it on time to events such as this so you can hear the instructions before rushing in. All these other students have been waiting very patiently to pick their Pokmon, you see." Now he looked at Markus. "Ah. Markus Friedland. Now I recognize you. I read your essay as well, and I am frankly surprised that not only were you late, you acted rashly as well. Please, in the future, wait for instructions before acting." He then turned to the others.

[/url]

"You may all now pick your starter Pokman." 'Please...please... no more Shinies...' He silently worried to himself as he gave off a more confident air. "Logan, Suzanna, and Topaz, please wait by the door with your Pokman returned to their ball."

[​IMG]

Alex, Gray, Melody, Joshua, and Diopside may now select their Pokemon. Talewind, please, in the future read ALL the posts before posting, if you did not. No strikes will be dealt out as it was an easy fix and actually added to the story, so feel free to post on. Just make one alteration: No one had yet picked out Chimchar and Piplup by the time you posted. I really want to stick to a chronology of posts during events like these, but later on, this will be easier to change. Following the last dealt Pokmon, we will then move onto the Pokmon Center.

[​IMG]
    Instructions for those that have picked have been given. Feel free to post a response, but one is not necessary.
    First Choices:
    [​IMG]

13. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]
    Topaz continued to look at her new Pokemon. Her eyes sparkled as the small Eevee looked at her with a great smile. It was as if this Eevee saw Topaz as her own mother. The thought was a relaxing one. She had a friend to always be with now. She was so warm too. Her silver fur warmed Topaz up as it continued to try and cuddle in her arms. "You are one special Pokemon, Eve, and together we will have a lot of adventures together. Right now though, its time to go back into your Pokeball." She brought the Pokeball out of her pocket and Eve jumped up behind her head to not let the Pokeball take her back in. Topaz didn't know what was going on. "Eve. It is okay. I wont leave you in there." Eve began to shake in fear from the thought of going back into the Pokeball. Topaz couldn't help but put the Pokeball back in her pocket. If her Pokemon feared the Pokeball, she couldn't force Eve into it. What sort of trainer would she be if she was too assertive. "Okay, Eve. I won't put you in the Pokeball. Lets go wait for the others to finish."

[​IMG]

Diopside smirked as he finally got a chance to pick a Pokemon. He looked around speaking to himself. "I want something strong. Something powerful and unappealing to others, like a bug type." He looked at each Pokemon. He saw Mudkip. It was perfect. He grabbed the Pokeball and grinned at it with a dark stare. "Go Mudkip." He threw the ball and a small Mudkip popped out shaking its head rapidly. It turned over to its trainer and smiled. It repeated its name as Diopside started down. "You and I are gong to make a perfect team. Together, we can become stronger than Red." Mudkip closed its eyes and nodded towards him. "I think I will name you... Juggernaut. Now return." He pointed the Pokeball and the Pokemon went back inside.

14. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Melody was examining a pokeball that was supposed to contain a squirtle when her hand was slightly nudged by a pokemons nose. She looked down to see Lucia. She was delighted to see her, so she set the pokeball back on it's pillow, kneeled down, and scratched behind her ears. She saw Joshua's smile grow the tiniest bit through the corner of her eye. This made her happier. She was a little disappointed
    when Professor Cyprus called Lucia back over to him, but he was right; she had to decide who her partner would be. It was an important decision. Joshua was thinking deeply about this as well, he was looking at a pokeball with a piplup when Markus ran in and grabbed the Turtwig. This caused a small scene, but Suzzana had just picked her pokemon so it ended up okay. He directed his attention back to the matter at hand. In his hand he held the pokeball; but his decision would be harder now that he knew everyone was free to take their pokemon. He had thought about the charmander, but it did not seem like his kind of pokemon; at least not for starting out with. Maybe someday he could have one, but he wanted a starter that reflected more then just strength. He wanted it to reflect his capacity for strategy; for multiple styles of combat.
    He considered the form of Piplup. It was a Penguin Pokemon, made for both swift and slow movement, It could easily be either offensive or defensive; it was perfect. "I choose you, Piplup." He pressed the button and a red beam shot out, taking the form of the small penguin pokemon. The Piplup looked up at him with a slight look of curiosity on it's face. Joshua Knelt down next to it and looked into its eyes. It was calm and gentle. It walked up and wrapped its flippers around his leg in an adorable recognition of her new partner. Melody smiled at the scene; somehow it worked that such a pokemon was Joshua's. She looked around at the remaining pokemon. She decided that she wanted one that would be reliable.

Upon inspecting the Chikorita, she thought it might be the best option. She picked up the pokeball. "I choose you Chikorita!" She pressed the button as Joshua had, and out came a pokemon with a leaf on its head. She could immediatley tell that it had a different personality from Joshua's piplup, but her primary concern was getting along with her new partner. She reached out her hand. "Hi! I'm Melody; your new partner." The Chikorita did not respond; it seemed to be sizing her up. "Glacies." Said Joshua behind her.
    She turned to look at him. "Glacies?" She asked. "This young ladys' name is Glacies." he said. He was now standing up straight and cradling the Piplup in his arms. She looked at her own new partner. "I suppose I will name her Wurzel." She whispered to herself.

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

{AAAAAHDGKJFDHJGGFDKHJFGH. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EMBARASSED I AM RIGHT NOW. I COMPLETELY MISREAD YOUR LAST POST AND THOUGHT YOU'D SAID THAT EVERYONE COULD PICK A STARTER BUT I READ IT AGAIN AND YOU DIDN'T AT ALL. and i meant that Markus was the tallest student BUT ACTUALLY I FEEL AWFUL ABOUT THIS AND I'M SO SORRY. ; n ;}

{will edit with post later}

16. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Superb posts everyone. I'm reading from school and I very much enjoyed Flood's integrating the Pokmon personalities I gave into the post. For the record: Mudkip "Juggernaut" is Jolly, Pikachu is Bold, Totodile is Hasty, Oshawott is Quiet, Chimchar is Brave, Turtwig is Lax, and I don't think I missed anyone's; let me know if I did. All the other natures will be added to the starter page once I have the chance at home, and as well, I will work off of whatever is produced between the time I am at school and when I get home. Also on the record: everyone seems to be working with the right nature given anyway. No posts have to be changed to fit this revealed information.

As to Talewind: not to worry. You received my PM, I'm sure, and I explained everything there, so just advising everyone: Read carefully.

One last general notice: I was going to implement a rule that there would be no walking Pokmon save for Lucia, but since I forgot and Eve is lonely and probably wouldn't want to go back in the ball when she seems to be getting along just splendidly with Topaz, it makes sense she'd be tempermental about going back into seclusion just yet. But now that I can say it: PLEASE no more walking Pokmon.

17. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG][​IMG]

Diopside grabbed the Pokeball and locked it onto his belt. The next stop was the Pokemon Center. However, Diopside was the impatient type. With his Pokemon set, he moved out towards the door. This of course was against Cyprus's command. He wished everyone to go in a group. But Diopsdie saw himself as the advanced student. Someone who could succeed no matter the case. He walked outside quietly hoping to not be noticed.
    However, someone did notice him, none other than Topaz who had been playing with Eve noticed that Diopside had left. She held Eve and walked after him. "Um, we are supposed to stay with the group Diopside." She said lightly trying not to yell and anger him. Her intention were pure and the only reactions would be physical violence or a Pokemon battle if she upset him.
    "I know that. But I can handle my own. The professors know it too. I can branch away no problem." He said with confidence. "Besides, I have Juggernaut here in case things get hairy, but this school is safe enough not to run into troubles."
    She looked at him with concern. "If the professors think you'll be fine than that is okay. I think I should come with you just in case. If you don't mind." She asked not wishing for him to be alone.
    "Nah you are okay to come with me. You got first dibs after all. You must be real good if they can allow you to go first." He said. He was still slightly mad that she went before him. He really didn't want that Eevee anyway so it just became water under a bridge.
    "Okay." Topaz said happily. The two went off to the Pokemon Center. They entered and the room was quite clean. It had plenty of relaxation points for people as well as a large healing device for the Pokemon.

18. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

“Oshie!” It stung a little for Gray to hear that tiny gleeful squee from the Sea Otter Pokémon. So many choices in the room, and this had to come in the way of his plans? ‘Oh well,’ Gray Hunter was soon over the loss, for the same reason he had been upset; there were a lot of choices. ‘I still want to go for a water-type, but which one?’ That was when he realized there were fewer blue-pillows with Pokéballs on top of them than of any of the other colors! ‘Uh oh!’ Gray saw that there were at that point only two Water-types left, but he wasn’t sure yet which ones. He spotted Oshawott (Of course…), Mudkip (“Juggernaut” he heard from the boy who picked it.), and Piplup ("This young ladys' name is Glacies."). At this rate, he might have lost his chances all together for a type of his choosing even, so he dashed for a pedestal near where a young girl had picked her rather stubborn-looking Chikorita. He clasped the Pokéball tightly before throwing it down to the ground. “Please, be the right one!” He said, as a Totodile materialized with a leap of its crocodilian body. Gray smiled. ‘Perfect.’ He took to a knee to face the razor-toothed Pokémon face to snout.

“Hey there. How do you feel about the name “Dile”?” He asked it. He was quite surprised when the Pokémon latched onto his face by hugging his head quite hastily. It cried out happily in reply, to which Gray quickly pulled the scaly creature off of his face to regain his ability to breathe. “I guess you kind of like that, huh?” He asked with chagrin, but happy overall with his, albeit hasty, choice.

Cyprus, meanwhile, sighed. No one had yet picked out a fire-type, and it didn’t look like anyone would. He tried not to show favoritism, but when it came to Fire-based Pokémon, he had a soft spot for their warm spirits as well as had a tender underbelly when it came to their being generally disregarded for being some of the more difficult to raise. He patted Lucia on the head; he’d raised her from a Vulpix he caught on Cinnabar Island. Well… “Caught” wasn’t quite the right word. He thought back to when he had met Lucia so many years ago. In his daydreaming, he almost didn’t notice when he saw a young boy approaching a red pillow with eager eyes. Cyprus smiled, and he ruffled Lucia’s neck with both of his hands as he knelt. “Ready to go, Lucia?” She nodded in affirmation. The bond they shared was still as strong as ever.

Alex rose to the occasion of finally being able to pick his starter. Everyone else had gone, but no one had yet picked out one of the several Fire-type choices there on the bright red pillows, leaving him an open pick of his favorite! “I choose you, Chimchar!” He said joyfully. However, what he found was not the Pokémon he found the name of on the tag. A Squirtle was there instead, and Alex couldn’t contain his embarrassment. He called the Pokémon back and put the Pokéball where he’d gotten it.

“I believe you are looking for this.” Cyprus walked over, tall and imposing but with a kind expression. He had in his hand, another Pokéball. “Chimchar, wasn’t it? Yes, I believe this may be it, given you just picked Squirtle and none of the other Pokémon chosen seem to have been switched.” It was a rather clumsy assumption, but when the ball was handed over and the theory was tested, Cyprus was vindicated. A Chimchar instantly leaped once it materialized and jumped on top of Lucia’s head, beating his chest. Lucia, while happy to be in the company of another Fire-type with so many Water-types around, would have none of this and shook the brave little Chimchar off easily without so much as a qualm.

“Chim!” It landed on its head and went into a momentary daze until he was corrected by Lucia. She had thrown him off, but she was not unkind.

“Hey, Flare!” Alex smiled at the brave little Chimchar, and it smiled back up at him in a knightly manner. “You ready for an adventure.”

“Chim!” It nodded its fiery head in excited confirmation and Cyprus grinned.

“We’re all ready now, I believe. Now if we can just-“Cyprus began, but when he took a look at the exit, he saw two of the students had gone missing! Neither of them could be seen anywhere else in the room either. Or at least, he assumed that one boy had been a student, since he picked out a Mudkip. “Now is a very good time to point out that the Labs are not a playground. Please, do not walk through here unattended.” He tried to keep his cool, but Lucia was better at trying to keep it for him. He walked briskly over to a small touchpad device by the door and removed one glove as he pressed some of the on-screen cues; he could be seen dialing in a number before a female voice came over the small speakers scattered around the ceiling of the room.

“Hello?” A click sounded as the disembodied voice came in clear as crystal. She sounded older, maybe around her 30’s likely to the students, but Cyprus knew for a fact the scientist who specialized in studying Shiny Pokémon was 26.

“Dr. Brians,” He began, “Are there any students out in the halls?”

“I’ll ask Dr. Aria; she’s already by the monitors.” The voice returned and there was silence until a click was heard again and Dr. Brians came back on. “Nope. There is a pair of young ones leaving out the front door now with an Eevee and a Pokeball… I think it’s a Mudkip by our scanners. I can’t lock the doors though; they’re already out.”

“That’s alright, Lexi.” Given the moment, Cyprus forgot the formalities under the stress of the situation. “They likely just headed to the Pokémon Center. Thank you.”

“Let’s hope. Sure, no problem.” She clicked out.

“Well, I suppose we’ll have to hurry over.” He advised. “Everyone, please stay together.” This last part he stressed as he gathered everyone together to head back out the way they had come in.
    ~

Back out in the square, the sun had nearly set, casting the grey stone below their feet to glow orange as pink and purple clouds casted the sky. The group was still behind Topaz and Diopside, and was until they came under the red, curved awning of the entrance to the Pokémon center. Inside, they found a waiting room and a registration desk, with a general theme of salmon and red hues adorning the wide front room; even the chairs were a deep burgundy. The crème l’ peach linoleum flooring was smooth and flawless, and a mural of an Audino listening to music from a Pokéflute played by a Pikachu sitting in a green meadow against a blue sky was a vibrant addition to the wall to the left, over with the chairs. Besides the newly arrived though, no one seemed to be in the waiting room except… Cyprus looked to the side and his eyes lit up. Lucia tried to hold him back by biting his tailcoats, but he kept moving forward all the same.

“Miss Nyoto and Master Verde! Simply because PokAcademy is proud of how safe it keeps its campus that does not mean we are impregnable from attacks.” He eased his tone. It was a simple mistake after all. So, he explained calmly, “There are often poachers and burglars wandering about in the fields and the Pokémon here are extremely unpredictable. Know that no reprimands will be dealt out due to the fact you’re both okay and no damage was caused by your early departure. But until the real term starts, please try to stay indoors after night.” He looked around more, and grimaced. “Meanwhile, I have to look for Nurse Joy. She should have been waiting here for us.” He didn’t like the creepy “lonesome” feeling he was getting from the understaffed Pokémon Center, but he left the sight of the students all the same, as the sun finally sank below the skyline outside, casting the island in a peaceful blanket of purple and black hues.

[​IMG]
    MoK's proxy post made possible by his input for Gray Hunter and Alex Rose.

Walk around the waiting room of the Center. Check out the mural, interact with one another, do anything! Just take Cyprus' advice and don't go outside. I want this next segment to be more about character development between trainers, but this is a suggestion and not a demand. Also, check back on this post soon to find a link to a back story I've been working on that chronicles Cyprus and Lucia meeting. It isn't required reading but may be useful/enjoyable.

19. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG][​IMG]

Topaz looked at Cyprus and then pushed her head aside in disgust for her own actions. It was wrong and she knew it. She could not blame Diopside for her actions on going with him. She wanted to keep him safe but that was the wrong decision clearly. Eve looked up at Topaz and tried to warm her up calling out to her.
    Diopside noticed this. He tugged on Cyprus's jacket. "Hey Professor, it was my fault. I kind of made her believe I was the best trainer around and she wanted to follow me to protect me. She really isn't the one to be blamed. I am." It was true. He kind of made this mess himself and got her in trouble because of it. He felt sad for what had happened.

Once Cyprus left Diopside walked over to Topaz. "Sorry about earlier. Won't pull you into something like that again."
    She looked at him. A smile came across her face. "It's fine. But there is something you could do to pay me back."
    "Oh? name something and its yours." He had no idea what was going through her mind
    "I want to have a Pokemon Battle. You and I, your Mudkip against my Eve." She said with a determined tone to her voice.
    "I see." He grinned. "So that's what you want, Topaz. You have yourself a battle."

The two walked over to the battle section in the Center. The two trainers glared each other down. Eve sat on Topaz's shoulder as Diopside reached for his Pokeball.
    "You're up Eve. Show him what we can do together."
    "Juggernaut, you are in charge buddy."
    The two Pokemon came onto the field and looked at each other with intensity.
    "You get first move."
    "Very kind of you. Eve, use Tackle!" The small Eevee began to charge Mudkip.
    "Juggernaut, use Tackle also!" The speed was much greater than Eve's. The Jolly nature had to have some benefit in that, however, its attack would do little damage compared to Eve.
    "Eve, jump and use Tail Whip!" The tail landed onto Mudkip lowering its Guard."
    "Gah, Juggernaut, use Growl and follow up with another Tackle." The growl came and seemed to brush Eve a wrong way. The Mudkip charged and landed the Tackle.
    "One more time, Tackle!" Eve brushed itself off from the tackle as it ran at Juggernaut and landed a critical hit. Juggernaut fell to the ground and fainted.
    "Juggernaut, no!" He ran to the Pokemon and picked it up. "You did good little guy."
    "That was a good battle, Diopside. Eve, you were great too." Eve smiled at Topaz. "Its a good thing we are in a Pokemon Center.

20. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Suzanna watched the battle with awe. The battles she had seen hadn't ever been so rough. They'd always been for fun! The littler kids would use Pidoves and Patrats and Purrloins to battle, and those battles never hurt the Pokemon like this.

Of course, Eve and Juggernaut didn't seem to be hurt, and they probably weren't because they were little ones and kind of weak. Pikachu leapt onto her shoulder and stared at the fainted Pokemon. "Pi?" she said.

Suzanna smiled and scratched her ear. "You wanna battle too?" she gave a small giggle, "maybe later."

Logan observed the battle and looked at Oshawott. "You ready to get in there soon Oshawott? Take them all down?"
    "Osha!" Oshawott said, standing tall and proud. The Pokemon seemed ready to challenge anyone in his way.
    "Good man! Just be ready, cuz we're gonna train hard!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.