Persona 4.5 - Shattered Void

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Doukuro, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    [ OOC Thread ]

A short distance away from the bustling streets of Tokyo is the more natural town of Okumasha, which is embedded in the mountains and forests of the area. Surrounded with grand lakes, the beauty of the woods, and famous hot springs the place became a well known vacation spot where many would come to escape the pressures of the city.

However their visits stopped and those who are here currently are not allowed to leave. The reasons have not yet been disclosed but many rumors of government conspiracies are already circulating.

About a week has passed since the town was cut off from the outside world and now a new rumor begins. Apparently strange creatures are now roaming about, consuming every living thing in their path.

And the sky seems to be growing darker.

[​IMG]
    A small group of people wandered into the forest the day after the lock down, soon finding themselves trapped by Shadows. It is then when they awakened to their power, one known as Persona. [This group has a max of three people, on a first come first serve basis. I already have one leaving two open slots. They can pick a level between one and five to be at. Everyone else will later find out about their Persona early on in the RP. This may seem unfair but it'd be super easy to catch up. All Character Stats (knowledge, understanding, etc) will start off at their first level no matter what though. These effect things like npc interaction among other things.]

Since then the number of Shadows have been steadily increasing; it seems like it is only a matter of time before they begin to flood the town. In fact a sighting had already been reported and gossip of it fills the school, which is where we'll begin.

[​IMG]
    Normal KHV rules apply, such as no god-modding (such as controlling other people's characters), power playing (ie knowing information your character has not had access to), killing someone without good reason, and the other basics. Should be common knowledge to most, but if you're new or unsure if something is allowed or not feel free to ask.

Given the limited slots everyone can only make one character. If enough roles remain open and no one has joined in a while then this may change.

Not everyone has to have a Persona. Just don't think just because they don't have one they won't be involved in the story. They will, however, be rather limited in battles. Least at the start of things.

Everyone will have a Social Link, but I will be controlling the rankings. To explain; my character is theJustice Arcana therefore she is the Justice Social Link. Anyone who interacts with her will obtain her Social Link nearly instantly, however to rank it they must get along. If I do not rank when you think it ought to be upgraded PM me and we'll discuss. Especially contact me for your character, since no one knows them better than you would. This applies to the Social Link being reversed as well.

To expand what's stated above there is no Wildcards. So why have social links if you can't use them to fuse Persona or increase your Persona's stats? Well simple. Ranking Social Links will earn your character prizes, mainly skills otherwise unobtainable. These will be given in Skill Cards, which can be applied to your Persona or traded for a skill that you think will better suit you.

Character Stats (Knowledge, Courage, Expression, Understanding, and Diligence) will be increased depending on what your characters does in the rp, and via mini-games that may be applied later on. And while it will not affect your character's personality in the rp (will be boring if everyone acted the same way) it will be important for for NPC interactions, which locations they may enter, missions, and jobs. Most of these things will be introduced one by one as we go to avoid people getting overwhelmed or confused by them as well as keeping things in order.

Besides main quests your character is free to do as he or she pleases throughout most days. And while some events are mandatory others will be optional.

If you want a special character (someone from one of the games or a non-human character) you MUST have my permission beforehand. I will be trying my best to keep these at a minimum though, so your reasoning must be really good.

Seeing as your character will start out knowing nothing about Personas (in most cases) neither do you. So it is possible to join without having played any of the games as there is always myself and the wiki to help you out.

And of course have fun and remember I am always open to discuss about anything that may bother or confuse you. And it is never too late to join.

2. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]

The memory flashed in her head over and over; strange creatures glared her way, a voice called out in her head, a being was called forth by her, the fight... It's been nearly a week since then and despite thinking everything would change after that normal life just carried on. Had it all been a dream?

Sighing in disappointment the raven haired teen turned her head to peer beyond a few students to see out the window. It would seem that dark clouds had rolled in, blocking the sun out entirely today. What was with this strange weather? It's almost as if it's been an omen, with that and those monsters. But nothing else had happened.

"Miss Williams, I don't know how they do things overseas but here we expect our students to pay attention in class."

"S-sorry sir," this teacher... Despite Karen being the best in class the man still seemed to loath her. Was it really just because of her American origins?

Other than that incident class went on without issue, soon ending at the sound of the bell. Thank god, Karen thought, happily getting out of her seat and heading out. However once she got to the exit it appeared locked. In fact, all windows were suddenly blackened out. How did she not notice that before?

Panic began setting in the crowds and even the teachers seemed fearful though they were telling everyone to calm down and return to their homerooms. Karen, on the other hand, found herself frozen for a time. And when she could finally move again she turned to find the halls of the first floor empty.

"Hello?" No one answered her call. Everyone seemed to have disappeared. Though in reality a few had remained, separate and alone. They would find no way out of the school and soon the walls began to drip a black liquid that formed puddles on the floors.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Alex sat in his favorite class, listening to what the teacher had to say. When it came down to Japanese mythology, he was immediately fascinated. Even though he already had some knowledge about them, mainly their names, he would gladly sit through this one class. That was one of the benefits of being half American and half Japanese. SO when the bell rang to change classes, he was partially disappointed, but soon got over it and headed towards the exited. That was when the windows blackened and panic engulfed his class. During all the commotion he'd manage to slip out of his class and into the halls. What he found was the entire hallway on the first floor was empty. What in the world happened here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.