Nomura's thoughts on Kingdom Hearts III and the Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

The most recent Famitsu weekly holds opinions for the Sony console by notable game developers Goichi Suda, Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Ono. Kotaku has translated and posted each developers opinions on developing games for the Playstation 4, and Nomura's portion can be read below.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jan 24, 2014.

1. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      Honestly, all I want them to do is do a good job, answer all remaining questions in the series and have a great ending to the Xehanort Saga. If it takes them 3 more years to finish it, I say so be it. I would rather wait for a game than have it ASAP and it be completely awful and rushed.
      4. Roxas gif.gif
    2. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Kingdom Hearts IIII? Wow, didn't know Kingdom Hearts III was already released, and that IIII can be used to represent 4 instead of IV.

Joking aside, I keep hearing Nomura saying the PS4 has a lot more memory than needed for KH3, which I can understand considering the jump from PS2 to PS4 is certainly a MASSIVE upgrade in hardware for developers. I just hope there won't be awkward scenes in KH3 like they did in the series before where there would be an 'invisible crowd' because of hardware limitations (ex. The cheering crowd in Olympus Coliseum)
    3. Cloud4012
      Cloud4012
      agreed as long as the game is good i can wait.
    4. Antidote
      Antidote
      I never like hearing those words. :c

I guess as long as the game is bursting with content like; plenty of worlds & keyblades, more new battle mechanics, more needed character development (especially Kairi) and tying up loose ends, I'll be happy.
    5. Patman
      Patman
      Time is money. I don' t mind waiting either but if it takes them three more years to make the game they' ll have to shell out three years worth of salary per employee.

Remember Agnis Philosophy, SE' s five minutes long next gen demo ? Took them six months to plan it and six months to make it.
    6. Allen Tor
      Allen Tor
      I don't think there's enough hardware power in the world to fit the answers to every remaining question in Kingdom Hearts into one game. That said, I pretty much agree with you.
    7. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Historically, IIII WAS used to represent 4 instead of IV. IV is a modern interpretation that fits with Roman math properly
    8. Misty
      Misty
      Whutch y'all talkin' about Kingdom Hearts IIII, the title clearly says III~

( Sorry about that, it's all fixed now )
    9. 61
      "They've gone too far" amuses me to no end.

I hope this isn't indicative of what the final product will be, lazy and sloppily put together because they didn't have the patience. Though I highly doubt that's the case, SE is clearly not afraid to take their time.
    10. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      Well what I meant was, don't leave any remaining questions at the end like, "Okay, now what?" or "And what's (so and so) doing at this time...?". Stuff like that.
      4. Roxas gif.gif
    11. ReverofEnola
      ReverofEnola
      Yeah me to. I would like it if the developers slowed down a bit and made a decent game and not rush the masterpiece which is Kingdom Hearts. However, then again I am impatient, a crazy/irrational fanboy, and I have nothing else to look forward to in my life...