Nomura interview with Finaland at Japan Expo 2013

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Finaland (A French Final Fantasy Fansite) got their shot to speak with Nomura on more goodies and possibilities for the glory that is Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV. In the interview below, he discuss his heavy involvement with potential co-op, playable characters, and costume designs. It's a bit of a lengthy interview than most, but any new information on upcoming titles is always worth the read.

[​IMG]

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Misty
      Misty
      I HOPE THIS WAS MISTRANSLATED AND HE JUST MEANS THE END OF THE XEHANORT SAGA
    2. GhettoXemnas
      GhettoXemnas
      I'm sure it's mistranslated, I read through a lot of it and there's plenty of mistakes of varying degree.
    3. Misty
      Misty
      I'm suddenly wishing I had paid attention in French 101.
    4. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee

Pretty much this. I do wish there was a better translation of the interview.
    5. Fork
      Fork
      I guess this is what I'm here for then.

English translation seems fine. There's a few errors and whatnot, but nothing that changes the information given.

If this makes more sense to you guys, I think it does just mean the Xehanort saga.
      Didn't Nomura already say that we'd be seeing more games even when the Xehanort saga is over?

I mostly skimmed through the french and english articles, but if there's anything specific you guys want me to check, then tell me.
    6. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I think Finaland is to blame for this error in the interview. The "End of the Xehanort Saga" was mentioned so many times by Nomura, so I doubt he suddenly changed his mind while in Paris.
    7. CloudStrife2k9
      CloudStrife2k9
      I want Riku, Lea, Mickey and Roxas playable. :|

If so... damn you Paris. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

But seriously, he better have meant the end of the Xehanort Saga.
      My sanity will drop immensely if KH3 is the last game.

------

HAHA everybody is looking at the same camera besides the guy to the far right :'D

8. Patman
      Patman
      I have no clue what Nomura said in Japanese, I wouldn' t understand a word of it anyway, but I concur with Fork, that' s pretty much what the French translation says.

That statement isn' t necessarily incompatible with the series continuing beyond the Xehanort arc though. Could be Nomura being lucid about the originals usually ending up being considered to be the "main" ones (see Star Wars), could be there' ll never be any KH4 because the series will be rebranded Kingdom Hearts Z or something to clearly show it' s a new chapter (he did avoid giving numbers to the games he viewed as spin offs) ...
    9. Ochibi_Finaland
      Ochibi_Finaland
      Hey guys,

I'm Ochibi, one of the guy in the crew of Finaland who did the interview with FFDream. My english is bad so sorry for the errors.

- The interview was in english. Then the translator translate in Japanese. Nomura talked in Japanese and then the translator translate in english. The translator spoke very fast. It was hard to understand. We transcript the interview via audio file. (English to japanese. Japanese to english). And then we translated it to French
      - He came to Japan Expo in order to promote KH1.5, not FFXV or KHIII. Fortunately, Nomura was so kind and answer to every questions. We were all shocked because we thought he won't answer.
      - We did our interview with our friends (FFDream). Some of our questions are ours (Finaland) and some are their (FFDream). We merged them to make our interview. I can't say which one is Finaland and which one is FFDream (I think my chief know)
      - We knew about Nomura's attendance since June 24th. It was keep as a secret until last friday. We had to make a choice and scrap some ideas we wanted to ask.
      -What he said about the end of the KH numbered series, he just said it in a different way. He meant it's the end of the this KH saga (Xehanort Saga)

If you have more questions about the interview, feel free to ask.
    10. Miles
      Miles
      Ok thanks. That's good to hear!
    11. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      I am becoming very excited. Need to raise money fast...
    12. Misty
      Misty
      Thanks a lot Ochibi! That assuages I'm sure many of our concerns. :)