Nomura explains the "2.8" in Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Calxiyn, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

In a recent interview with Famitsu, Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series gives us a math lesson and explains "2.8" in the Kingdom Hearts HD Final Chapter Prolouge.

This means that visually it looks something like this:

Kingdom Hearts 0 = X
    Kingdom Hearts 0.1 = BBS
    Kingdom Hearts 0.2 = BBS A Fragmentary Passage
    Kingdom Hearts 1 = Kingdom Hearts 1
    Kingdom Hearts 1.1 = Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    Kingdom Hearts 1.4 = Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
    Kingdom Hearts 2 = Kingdom Hearts 2
    Kingdom Hearts 2.4 = Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
    Kingdom Hearts 2.6 = Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
    Kingdom Hearts 3 = Kingdom Hearts 3

Source: KH13, Famitsu

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Calxiyn, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Explode
      Explode
      I can totally get behind crazy stupid math like this. I'm just surprised no one in marketing told him "no".
    2. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      LOoooOOOOOL
      Ok , so that's that.
      So 1+ 1.1+1.4= 1.5 , how?
    3. Hexin
      Hexin
      Wow, I guess that's how they got the 2.8... Lol I just thought it was one more number for the three KH games in the Prologue Final Chapter. KH3d was one, X was two, and fragmentary passage was 3. 2.5 + 3 was 2.8... but alright. Whatever works for Nomura. Lol... 2.6...
    4. Mixt
      Mixt
      This does sound a lot like a development title. Maybe they just forgot to change it be fore starting PR work.
    5. Shuhbooty
      Shuhbooty
      But for those who don't know all the past games (or new to the series) wouldn't think twice about this title. I'm so unsatisfied with the it, personally. Just gave me a reason to school kids on the game now.
    6. Nobodyslight
      Nobodyslight
      Not being objective, but wouldn't CoM come after days? I mean, com takes places literally exactly as kh ends. Plus days ends and begins kh 2. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    7. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Technically, Days starts exactly when Sora stabs himself to free Kairi's heart (and hence, Roxas being born). So, since it's literally closer to the events of KH1 than CoM is, that's why it's labelled 1.1 while CoM is 1.4.
    8. Terra12771
      Terra12771
      ok. Can't believe he is actually explaining the title.
    9. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      IIRC, he did that with Dream Drop Distance as well, which was the most awkward title in the series... until 2.8 came along and took that honor away.