New Kingdom Hearts 3 Character Artwork released

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Krowley Moderator

Square Enix has recently released CG artwork for the announced games of Kingdom Hearts III and final Fantasy XV. The Kingdom Hearts artwork depicting Sora, Donald, and Goofy can be seen below.

[​IMG]

Source

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jun 24, 2013.

1. CloudStrife2k9
      CloudStrife2k9
      gdhgsdkg. i cri evrytiem

I really like the cg style that Square is doing with Kingdom Hearts.
      I WANT IT NAO.
    2. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      That is some awesome stuff! Already saving for a PS4. ​
    3. Crypt
      Crypt
      To be honest, it kind of looks like a painting.

I like it. Sora kind of looks off, though. Don't know what it is.

Certainly isn't as sexy as the graphics in the E3 preview.
    4. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      *drools*......It certainly does look pretty. I'm looking forward to playing a game with this artwork.
    5. 61
      That's hot. Can't wait to see more.
    6. DuelRoxas16
      DuelRoxas16
      the style looks so nice, i cant wait to see how riku and mickey will look
    7. Airi Ban
      Airi Ban
      The Kingdom Hearts shader is definitely doing great.
    8. Miles
      Miles
      They look really fleshy. It looks a little ugly on goofy.
    9. Cutsceneaddict
      Cutsceneaddict
      The Kingdom Shader is in top form, and I'll admit--I'm very impressed.

It all looks almost hand-drawn with a 2D animation style somehow brought to life in 3D. I can't wait to see how the Shader alters the tones in individual Disney worlds.
    10. Ame-chan
      Ame-chan
      The colors became really bright, that's interesting. But that's only a picture, not sure if it's going to be the same while playing. A little bit flashy, although it's a basic problem of 3D computer models to be like plastic.
      And yeah, they still have got the same outfit. I've expected them to change at least something there :\
    11. Shift
      Shift
      I was kinda hoping this would be about the new designs of whoever they decide to change, but it looks majestic regardless, especially Donald and Goofy.
    12. RifleRiku
      RifleRiku
      To be honest I prefer how the characters looked in Kingdom Hearts II. It just feels like something is off when they look like that. I'm eventually going to get used to it because let's be honest here, I HAVE to. It might just be me ramming but I'm not exactly ecstatic about this "Kingdom Shader"...
    13. Vagineer
      Vagineer
      The KH shader is doing a great job! And I just love it!
    14. KHblader
      KHblader
      The artwork is awesome, but I wonder if the game would be so pretty as the artwork, because there are a lot of images by KHII which are in "HQ" (take the opening/ending video, for example) but thery are not representative of the gameplay itself!
    15. Silent Wings
      Silent Wings
      oh pretty~

The kingdom shader really does look satisfying on Sora, Donald, and Goofy. Just imagine what Kingdom Hearts 3 would look !
    16. super_rocker_90
      super_rocker_90
      so if he is getting more mature shouldnt he get some hair above the lip ? xD lol
    17. Anixe
      Anixe
      Actually, I kinda like that look. It's almost on the edge of being cell-shaded so that the original Disney art perhaps can stay true to its roots while presenting something new and colorful and visually appealing.Granted, the current graphics are outstanding as well, but I believe they can push even further.

I think this will also seamlessly bring together realistic elements and the Disney characters more so than the present design, such as if they are planning to use more live action movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron (I'm thinking Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, but I might be pushing our luck).
    18. Fellangel
      Fellangel
      Hehe it looks amazing. I'm so glad the graphics look just what they are now and not Final Fantasyish.

My new question is how will the other Disney characters look?
    19. Krowley
      Krowley
      couldn't resist...

[​IMG]

I don't know how mature he's gotten since Dream drop distance, but he only got the outfit because he outgrew the one from KH1 and Chain of Memories. Not sure what purpose he'd have in gaining a new outfit, but it's always fun to speculate.