Mafia [Mafia] The Book of Names ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. CrownMoksha Decimo

Look like you all were [​IMG]

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

The preacher's flock awakes with a start. They do not know when they fell asleep; they only know that they should not have. An elaborate work stares at them from the ceiling. It was the dripping of the paint that woke them. The picture is of a man in hell, painted in red. Panic breaks when someone recognizes the man. Everyone soon realizes that it is not paint dripping from the ceiling.

Judge Sunrose has been murdered. He was Marshall Travers, an ordinary Townie.​

The preacher urges everyone to stay calm, "Have faith. Please, gather your wits." A few notice he clutched the rosary on his chest as he spoke.

D A Y • TWO

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 4 to soft-lynch. Day ends Tuesday, November 25th, 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

4. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

>My first death in three games.

Thanks Mafia! About time...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to haunt a dinner reunion or two to the sound of Harry Belafonte.

[​IMG]

5. Trigger hewwo uwu

I think there are three possibilities as to why Sunrose was killed off.

1. It was a random kill.
    2. Mafia saw Sunrose as a threat because they are one of the more productive people in the game.
    3. This is reaching a bit, but maybe we were onto something with Spike and Mafia decided to kill someone who had votes on him. I think Mafia chose Sunrose because they had unvoted him before and maybe we would have glanced over this detail when checking the votes.
    This is all I've got. Any thoughts?

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Given Judge's history in mafia games, especially Miami Haze, I'm almost certain that this was a calculated kill to silence one of the more valuable members of the town. Even on the first day, he was trying to get everyone to strategize and really think over their votes. He was gonna be a real threat if he wasn't taken care of early.

This leads me to think that at least one mafia member is a two-time player.

So you think Spike is Mafia? I mean it's a valid possibility, but there's no real way to deduce any other kind of pattern from day one voting.

7. Trigger hewwo uwu

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's a strong possibility. It's hard to make a case when there's so little go off of from him. If it's true, it's odd that they'd kill off Sunrose when he was the only one who really tried to make a case that Spike might be a townie.

8. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

##Vote: Cat~

I'm going with my hunches now.[DOUBLEPOST=1416717980][/DOUBLEPOST]Oops, wrong.

##Unvote: Cat~
    ##Vote: al215

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  9. al215 Kingdom Keeper

You hit the nail on the head there with that deduction. Judge was probably the most productive player we had, and as you said was trying to organise us into a group and get us working. It only seems logical to me that the Mafia would want to cripple us so early on, so now we've got to sort ourselves out.

Care to explain? Seems a little out of nowhere.

Just had a look back at the thread to check what Judge had said/done yesterday. I don't know how likely it is that he had already come on to the trail of the Mafia, but looking back I found this:

Perhaps something to consider there. Now, I'm trying to figure out what his case on Cat~ is here. It's one that I do want to chase up and I'll make another post once I've got it figured out.

I also want to highlight something here.

Where was @Midnight Star when this was happening? The input would have been useful and I feel like her contributions could be well, more frequent. I think that can be said of a lot of people in this game in that we could do with everyone being a bit more vocal (myself included) but I do think that she in particular could have some sort of improvement in her contributions. I mean, I can't see anything. I asked her and fair enough, she said that she didn't have anything because it was Day One and it's hard to gauge anything from Day One voting/behaviours, but still I feel like she should have said more than she did. I don't like the quiet from her.

Also, it would be nice to see more from @Calxiyn. I think we will see a general rise in activity today because it's Day Two so we'll have more to judge and compare, and we've still got to examine Judge's death to see if there is anything at all that we can see that would provide a reason to kill him other than productivity. There may be something there, small and easy to overlook (Like his comment on Cat~/Moksha above).

10. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

Nothing in particular. As I say, it's just a hunch, and it would be completely subjective if I explained it.

11. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Hello, sorry about that. I did say the night the hammer was going down that I wouldn't be around, I left just as the talks about possibly changing the vote from Spike was mentioned but a new target hadn't been decided and I didn't know who to vote for. I did manage to briefly return and reply to the post I was quoted in/tagged in but I didn't really have any time to look at anything else. I agree I should have said more and probably put a vote in, I think I was too worried about putting in a valid reasoning for my vote that I didn't have which made me not put a vote in. I'm hoping I'm going to be able to change this and put more time into this but I'm not going to guarantee anything. It has just been my 21st so this weekend has been super hectic and now I have loads of work to catch up on. I want to do this though so I'm not dropping out.

I'm going to read though the thread more now and hopefully get some valid thoughts together.

12. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Late Start ToDay
    • al215 - 1 (KeyToTruth12)
    With 10 left alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 4 to soft-lynch. Day ends Tuesday, November 25th, 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

13. Midnight Star Master of Physics

So I know I haven't been the most helpful in the thread but I've been keeping an excel spreadsheet to help keep track of everything. I've made it into a google doc so you can all see what I've done and even possibly add to it. Note it has multiple sheets. First page is a log of all the votes that have been made with reasons, second page is a log of all the posts Cat~ has made. (I will do other people, I just did Cat~ first as she has been suspected previously. Hopefully this will help people.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MymtphqgUQQmlakk7BU4An3YHhd0LJIQqmlP3Py2oOQ/edit?usp=sharing

I personally think 2 is probably the reason. I highly doubt it was random, and while three is possible it seems less likely. Abeit it could be a combination of 2 and 3.

14. Mish smiley day!

Cool, ty. What does 'rvs' mean?

Now would be a good time to list the players we believe to be mafia, and those we believe to be town.

For me, Cat is the most likely suspect. For one, she refused to commit to anything during day one and held off from consolidating any lynches. At the end of the day, she was only thinking about herself and her own safety. I don't believe that she and al215 are on the same team, so I'm lead to believe that he is a townie. I also think Midnight is town.[DOUBLEPOST=1416775452][/DOUBLEPOST]Forgot to place vote.

##Vote: Cat~

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

rvs stands for random voting stage, ie the bit on the first day where everyone is randomly throwing out votes with nothing to back them up. I picked it up from Makaze.

16. Zelda What will happen next?

Then shouldn't my vote for Judge be labeled rvs?

I also think al is town, but what makes you think he and Cat are on opposite sides?

17. Mish smiley day!

Well, they both voted for each other. At the end of the day, anyone could have voted for Cat and she would have reached soft-lynch instead of Moksha. There's no way that Al would have kept his vote on Cat when she could have been lynched so easily.

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I seem to recall that I put none as when I looked at the post there was just the vote there and that was it, nothing else. All the other posts I put as rvs I think had some indication they were just random or a jokey reason or something but yours had nothing to accompany it. It probably was rvs but that was the reason I put none. I don't think you're mafia due to it and you changed that vote pretty quickly.

Here's the vote in question:

19. Zelda What will happen next?

Ah.

Unless they were both town, but I see your point.

20. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

With everyone's reasoning on al, I think my hunch is slightly off track. I'm gonna go with the majority here.

##Unvote: al215
    ##Vote: Cat~[b/]