Mafia [Mafia] The Book of Names ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Gah; I'm like so freaking late! I decided to spend today doing homework, and my computer’s been off.

And, my suspicion may not be completely off of Cat, it’s definitely enough to make me think twice. Again, I feel that her and Zelda may be mafia, and this definitely puts Zelda more in the forefront for me. And the same can go for Key, especially since there doesn’t seem to be any defense by him. My own vote will go to Zelda though, mostly because of Midnight Star's request.

##Unvote: Cat~
    ##Vote: Zelda

2. Zelda What will happen next?

Any particular reason you think I'm mafia?

And while I'm at it: "Zelda seems like to be a good person to balance [Cat] out"
    What did this mean?

3. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

I'm at school now, so my time is limited. But I'll answer honestly.

Since Al is confirmed town (right? stated in Cat~'s post), my next most suspicious person is Zelda and tummer. Zelda because of my reads and with the help of Midny's log (did I mention that that's helpful?), and tummer because of the above post. I'm 80% convinced that Cat~ is a cop, but tummer's still cast suspicions on her. Only mafia would do that IMO. Although I'm not completely sure Cat~ is cop, she seems honest, and I'll go with that.

Any more questions?

How could you be so sure? I wish you could investigate me last night, but oh well.

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Oh while you're here, I was wondering what your top reads were for Mafia now? I don't think you've actually said yet who you suspect so it would be interesting and helpful for you to post who you suspect most.

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Well, early on, Cat seemed to be making herself the most obvious person to be mafia. Now, a lot of the time, this kind of action is done by someone who isn’t the killer in most mysteries. That being said, I feel that it’s a strategy that Cat would put herself in the forefront, which will allow her teammates to stay hidden and weed out the cop. Cat’s document really lowered my suspicion by giving us something that we could center around. However, at the same time, it seems like she’s now trying to lower suspicion on herself, in case she really is mafia; to show that she really is one of us.

I was honestly thinking about voting for KeyToTruth when I remembered Midnight Star’s request not to vote for him. In all honesty, he’s my number four on my mafia list, but his recent silence makes me seriously want to rethink that. I decided to vote for you because you seemed the right person to take advantage of Cat’s earlier actions. Everyone had her pinned, which would allow you to examine everyone else’s actions, and find the cop among us.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Please remember to bold your votes. Wrap with [B][/B] if you don't have access to buttons.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It just seems like you've given up. I guess that could be read either way, but you could try to put just a bit more effort into your posts, and on top of that you could seem a little less resigned to the soft lynch today. The general apathy just points me more toward your being mafia.

8. Mish smiley day!

To be honest, I haven't got strong mafia vibes from Key2, which is another reason why I haven't voted for him.

I'm okay with the lynch going through though, because he isn't really contributing to the town's efforts. I consider it to be a policy lynch, not unlike Moksha's. Key2, you can't just throw out votes and say you have a 'hunch'. Not past day #1. Unless you have a case against someone, no one will pay your vote any notice.

9. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

I'm just being calm. Panic doesn't resolve anything, it just makes everything worse. Afterall, it's just a game.
    But I can't promise you this though: "but you could try to put just a bit more effort into your posts"
    Mainly because I'm not good with words.

I know, I didn't have any reasons to back up my votes, and that potentially puts me in the mafia's spot. I'll be more reason-ny next time I vote, but seeing the current situation, I don't think I have the chance to live tomorrow. Unless some weird thing happens.

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

You know technically panicking about being lynched is actually quite often a Mafia trait, the reverse of what you've said. As for town, it's supposed to be that it doesn't matter if you get lynched if it helps the town as you're going for a group win instead of an individual win whereas as there aren't many Mafia, it matters more if a Mafioso gets lynched. I mean that doesn't mean key isn't Mafia and I'm not sure that applies to our games as nearly all of us are beginners, it's more normal to panic when lynched regardless of alignment. So I'm not knocking your logic, it's just that I think technically it was meant to be the other way around.

11. Zelda What will happen next?

Ah...hahaha...Um... *opens up tabs to see everyone's posts* watch out. i like buts, apparently.
    • Calxiyn - So, at first, she just randomly votes Cat, then says it's because she shows some of the tells she's looking for. These could also apply to Mish, but whatever. Day two, she jumps to catch the extra slot, then quickly unvotes. Props for sticking to your gut, but that seems kinda strange.

Truth - he's probably just being weird, but who knows? He could be mafia and we luck out tonight.

Trigger - I have this feeling, but there's nothing much to go on. he just seems.. off in the first half of day 1, then gets better later on.
    • Mish - Not sure what to think about her, but she seems non-mafia enough.

Midnight - For a little while there, it sorta felt like you were framing me? But then something you said made me laugh and say "ok she's town"

Cat - If she's the cop, that explains a lot to me. Also, @Cat~ I'm curious about that
      two timing mafia thing you mentioned.

Spike - hasn't said much, but didn't act very mafia-like when voted against, so I doubt he's one of them.

tummer - brings up decent points, but doesn't let Cat's confession change his mind.

But Count = 8

I see. That makes sense. I do prefer to just watch. don't know what possessed me to join XD

12. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

Or not. I'm still open for questions, you know. I'm better at answering than making cases.

13. Zelda What will happen next?

Are you just being weird?

14. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

Why do you keep saying that? For me it's you that's weird.

15. Zelda What will happen next?

I like the word weird. And I probably am XD weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdddddd
    You didn't answer the question. i almost put a but here

16. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

Uh, no I'm not weird? Seriously, please ask valid questions.

17. Trigger hewwo uwu

I don't know how I was off exactly, but all I can really say is starting these games is very awkward and I think most people are 'weird' or 'off' in the very beginning. It's a lot of random votes and thumb twiddling. People make jokes and try to break the ice. One reason people suspected Cat~ was because she made jokes in the first day. I will admit that in the beginning it was difficult for me to pay attention to the game because of life stuff and slightly feeling burnt out on Mafia, but I got refocused and now I'm trying to help the best that I can. I'm not the best case maker but I am trying.

18. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, this isn't the first game where Judge has proven to be an invaluable asset to the town. Any veteran knows just how much he could do, so I figured that they went for him first for that reason. I think the same could've applied to Midnight had she done just a bit more day one.

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

DEADLINE - ALL VOTES LOCKED IN

Stop posting.

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Keys the Ruin
    • Cat~ - 3 (Mish, KeyToTruth12, Risky Biznu)
    • KeyToTruth12 - 4 (Trigger, Cat~, Midnight Star, al215)
    . . .

The assembly is difficult to contain after the events of the morning and last night. The accused seems ready and willing to be purified, but the father can barely reach him through the crowd. By the time he pushes through, it is too late; the victim is convulsing and clawing at his collar. Moments later he collapses, silent and still, smudges of black on his fingers as well as his neck.

KeyToTruth12 has been lynched. He was Abigail Summers, an ordinary Townie.​

Surprisingly, there is no panic this time. The father looks around at the remaining townsfolk; they all wear faces of grim determination. Even as they make for bed and begin their nightly shifts, there is no panic, nor is there remorse for the life lost. Their predicament is getting to them; if this does not end soon, it may very well end in flames.

N I G H T • T W O

Night ends on Monday, December 1st, at 12:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST). Daystart may be delayed while we search for a replacement.