Square-Enix Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Aug 31, 2012.

1. libregkd -

2. Arch Mana Knight

Go here: http://andriasang.com/con2ji/ffxiii_lightning_saga_live_blog/ for additional information.

Honestly, this is pretty stupid. No Final Fantasy game to date has shown this much focus on one character. Lightning wasn't even the most important character in the first two games. Why build up so much importance on Hope then do nothing with it?

All my hatred Square. All of it.

3. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

YES finally I hope Noel, Hope, and the rest of the gang return

4. libregkd -

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I don't have anything against the FF XIII games (I still didn't play them :/), but I'm kinda disappointed nothing was mentioned about Versus XIII.

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Wondering how they'll connect this game to the other two since from what we've heard, it sounds like a complete departure.

I really don't want to give deliberation yet since we still don't know much but...I'm not liking this so far.

7. libregkd -

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

There wasn't enough of her in XIII-2. AHAHAHAHAHAHA! MORE LIGHTNING PLEASE! =D

Ok, serious now. I'm kinda torn about this. Love that it focuses more on Lightning but I had hoped other older characters would be playable as well. As much as I love Lightning, it'd kinda seems a waste not to use them.

Prince of Persia anyone?

9. Mysty Unknown

I was expected a triqual to it yes but I really hope it does not only focus on Lightning. I haven't had enough Vanille or Fang.

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

^This, on so many levels.

A picture of some of the artwork so far.

http://semna28.webs.com/FFXIIILR_First_Art.jpg

And a massive picture of the world.

http://eu.square-enix.com/sites/default/files/image_gallery/409/9c41bcd9f70a3abc3108d84ab6adbc2d.jpg

And compare it to this.

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/media/4e69bf3b_Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Valhalla-4.jpg

I'm sure we all know what this place is, or eventually becomes.

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

This better not start raising questions and instead just wrap up the loose ends XIII-2 created. We also need to see the other characters.

This already has me wondering quite a bit about a LOT of stuff that was mentioned in XIII-2 but never addressed.

12. C This silence is mine

That was... not what I expected. At all. However, I'm willing to give this a shot, it sounds like they're really planning things out and the world seems like it might be very nice. What I'm most worried about is the clock that's always counting down, it sounds majorly stressful. It kinda reminds me of Persona, just that Persona managed to avoid that stress by having time pass at the end of a day, not after some actions. But I'll hold my judgement of that aspect as of right now. There has to be more sidecharacters this time, as you only play as Lightning, which might be interesting. I was never the biggest fan of Lightning, but it might be fun to play dressup with her.

Also, doesn't this make FFXIII-2 entirely pointless?

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

14. Shift Chaser

15. libregkd -

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

That's what I was thinking

Don't look unless you've completed XIII-2

I figure Navus Partus is the world Lightning failed to protect and it became Valhalla once that world 'ended'. So, if this game is about Lightning saving this world, which based on XIII-2 she failed once, it means she can prevent it from ever happening? And nothing in XIII-2 ever happened...and she didn't become a demigoddess...It's like MM and Groundhog Day but a whole lot more confusing.

A presentation video from the creators of the game.

http://uman.eu.square-enix.com/trac...=16444&lang=en&page=email&id=VIDEO&anchor=V#V

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Honestly, while it seems like it doesn't tie-in to the ending of XIII-2, I'm still looking forward to this. Although, am I the only one getting a sort of Majora's Mask feel from the way it's described?

18. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It does tie in but you have to play Lightning's DLC to understand it more. lol, I get that feeling too. It wouldn't surprise me if we couldn't go back to day one.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ok, so unlike in Mass Effect 3 where they just decided to make a DLC to try and fix the ending, these people made a DLC to help with the ending and explain whatever about Lightning and then they decided to make a completely new game tying in to the DLC......seems legit

20. Arch Mana Knight

Actually, the mechanic(while used in Majora's Mask) was already used in Type-0. This game will be more action-oriented which again is found in Type-0(which uses an upgraded engine from Crisis Core) so...it seems like Square's just taking a lot from other games for this.

Oh well, at least we'll be likely to see another XIII game. This is the end of Lightning's story, not the mainstream XIII series. So while we won't be getting the other main characters around, we'll be seeing them in a future installment! This has lessened my hatred(dislike actually) for this game.