'Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV' Director Talks Possibility of a 'Kingdom Hearts' CG Film

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[​IMG]
    Takeshi Nozue, better known to many as the co-director of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, director of the recently released Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, as well as movie director in the Kingdom Hearts series, has been busy talking mainly about his new movie. However, in a recent interview with WCCFTech, the subject of Kingdom Hearts came up, talking about the possibility of a full-length CG movie:

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Arch
      Arch
      Let's hope there's enough demand for a Kingdom Hearts movie. Though I wonder if it'll be a new story or just a retelling of an old one(like a movie based on KH1).
    2. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I personally think it would work better if trying to tell a new story. There's just too much in any KH game to fit into a movie (the Days and Re:coded cinematics were around 3 hours long, and that was after trimming out parts).
    3. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      If they told a new story that was by itself and able to be done in an hour and a half or two hours, I'd be fine with it, but we don't really need another tie in to the Xehanort saga right now, in any way.
    4. Mixt
      Mixt
      At first I was thinking some kind of recap, but KH1 and BBS are the only games where you have a chance of trimming it down enough because you can keep those pretty self contained. But even then you're cutting out a lot and end up in a "the game was better" situation.

New plot could be cool, but the current arc is too convoluted. They could make it an epilogue of sorts like Advent Children, or start something fresh.

All in all I'm sure I'd get hyped if they went there but I'm nowhere near "OMG we need this" Like I would have been back at KH1 or probably even at KH2.
    5. Nate_River
      Nate_River
      This will cost us another year on KH3, calling it now
    6. kitty_mckechnie
      kitty_mckechnie
      You're gonna jinx it.
    7. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      I believe an epilogue movie to the Xehanort saga could work. But you're right. It's not something we NEED right now. Some time after KH3 would be quite nice though. Now whose soul do I need to sell to make that happen? (as mine was sold long ago)
    8. Rhyagella
      Rhyagella
      It could work, so long as they learned from some of the failures of the Kingsglaive movie. To make a movie just to make it would be really stupid on their part. They have to really think about the story and direction, or we just get something to look at that contradicts the games too much.