Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

it is a easy fix, but it takes awhile to apply, also, the reason the cutscenes were in English was because the Japanese didn't record new dialogue. maybe they didn't have the money to record dialogue for the USA exclusive cutscenes of KH I.

2. Strikeh Merlin's Housekeeper

Hot damn.

I just beat it. 100%. Ultima Weapon, Sephiroth, puppies, trinities, what have you. That was beautiful. It was exactly what I was looking for to revive my childhood love for Kingdom Hearts.

Thank you. To the people who worked hard on this translation. Your work and love for the series really shows. I really appreciate what you've done. It's just mind-boggling to me. I went back and played a game I love on the computer I love with a Xbox controller I like. Not really love. Sorry babe. Anyways, really, all thanks to you. That was one of the greatest experiences I could ever have in my gaming life.

You guys are friggin' awesome. Keep doing what you're doing.

3. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

That was fast, you already completed the game, I'm a speedruner, and I have never completed KH I, Sephiroth was to impossible for me. And becuase the Ursula bug, I have never gotten past her in Final Mix, only in normal KH I.

4. Strikeh Merlin's Housekeeper

It was by no means a speedrun. It took about 35 hours.

5. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

With no breaks? Just kidding, lol, I hope that Ursular bug is fixed so I can finish KH I FM finally

6. Strikeh Merlin's Housekeeper

Why not try the Japanese iso fix?

7. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

the japanese iso is the oringal game . The English Patch is fan made. if you want to play the game . you should play the japanese iso . I had to when i first imported the game

8. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

because I can't read what I am selecting when I try to use spells, its to confusing.

9. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I wonder why the boss fight bugs out, though. I don't understand.

10. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

My thought is, someone deleted something in a .ARD file or some other file that allowed the cauldron to be locked on.

11. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Update
    03-06-2015
    • COMPLETE OVERHAUL of text mapping thanks to crazycatz00. Text is now 100% accurate to original english subtitles.
    • Treasure boxes now appropriately display its contents while opening, though a bit glitchy.
    • Completed ALMOST EVERY WORLD with the exception of Hollow Bastion & Traverse Town as they are the longest. Will finish those at a later time.
    • Permanently removed black widescreen bars shown during cutscenes and lowered subtitles to compensate. See comparison screenshots HERE.
    • Please PM me if you notice ANY Final Mix exclusive content missing that may have been caused by this new update! If you do, tell me exactly what is missing and what part of the game it is. Send me a memory card save if possible. This is an easy fix.

Zipball is down. Use this link to grab the update in the meantime: http://bit.ly/1BWuVTN

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  12. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

You said that almost every world is completed, excluding Hallow Bastion, and Traverse Town. So I am assuming this means that the Atlantica, and Halloween Town Boss fights have been fixed? Those two are the primary problems in the patch, as they prevent beating the game.

13. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Try it out and let me know. I don't have any saves to check.

14. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Well, I don't have saves either, but I can speedrun with a Invincibility cheat.[DOUBLEPOST=1425693443][/DOUBLEPOST]I made a new Pre-patch of the game, since it just got updated, PM me if anyone wants it[DOUBLEPOST=1425701438][/DOUBLEPOST]I found a problem, text issues.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  15. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Not an issue. Load that game and save over it, the text will be english.

Like I mentioned, the text mapping has changed. So any save that has the old mapping (or original japanese) needs to be loaded and re-saved.

16. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks, It worked, I'm doing a speedrun of the game right now, if I see any issues that are new, I'll post a screenshot here.

17. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

On the PS2 Transverse Town is now gibberish with this

Did you forget to add the files ;)

No TW in download
    EX
    GB
    PC
    SU

all missing in downloads or at KH:Translation on google drive

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  18. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Gummi Battle (GB) & Summons (SU) were never modified to my knowledge, so no need to upload them.

19. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes I know but TW should be in download and is not and probably why gibberish but did a new game and looking good Thanks for your hard work

O BTW still boxes have some gib but no big deal :)

20. root670 Destiny Islands Resident

Excelent work! Glad to see the patch is still being worked on. What parts of the ELF needed to be modified to remove the widescreen borders in cutscenes? Perhaps this could be converted to a CodeBreaker/Action Replay code for use in the US release.