Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. darkmandrago Merlin's Housekeeper

I downloaded and all that but I had to make the cheat_ws folder and there is nothing in the dropdown menu. is there something wrong with my PCSX2 it's version 1.0.0? i'll try getting the latest one and see if that works and i'll let you know how it goes.

2. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Your PCSX2 is super ancient man, it's missing a whole lot of features & updates. Time to update that :p
    Get the newest stable version here, or if you like running the latest and greatest experimental builds get 'em here.[DOUBLEPOST=1395567660][/DOUBLEPOST]Back on topic (sort-of): I just noticed that user peronmls on the PCSX2 forums made a WIP 16:9 HUD fix for the command menu and lock on icons.
    Download his pnach file and give him some love. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches?pid=362172#pid362172

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I'm peronmls you goof. ;) Was going to post it in the HD asset area but wanted to wait for some to bump it because i didn't want to update my post because it doesn't bump the thread. Get on skype more often

4. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

LOL oh snap! Well nice job man!
    I guess I'm missing out on a few things, I'll try to get back on skype eventually :P

5. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

Bug one in Traverse Town when you have story of the bosses in Hollow Bastion the movie text is all gibberish on real PS2

In Agrabah when you go to desert to ride magic carpet the yes no is not showing and if you do not hit O fast it will disappear not a lockup but can not move or talk again to carpet so reset is all you can do

6. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

You say real PS2. Do you mean its different on PCSX2?

7. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

Yep I testing this with real deal with OPL HDD mode

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

What does the PCSX2 version do?

9. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

Not sure have to start a new save to check saved over my original save so no way to test again should have made a new save :oops:

10. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

You just said it was different on PCSX2.

11. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

I do not have a save to check it for either one even the one's that are at the source do not have it near their
    it is the cut scene first on is when you first see the Bosses at Hollow Bastion when you are at Traverse Town all of them do that
    and the one when in Agrabah is first time on carpet when you talk to it No Yes No proponent at all and if you do not hit O fast enough will not do anything at all
    and about Emu is this going to be for emu only then I will leave off on reports :(

12. cestro Moogle Assistant

Hey guys, first up wanted to say thanks for the patch, but I seem to have run into a problem and I can't be stuffed searching through 103 pages to see if its come up before.

Basically after Destiny Islands, all the text is gibberish. Cutscenes, chests, dialogue, anything that isn't a menu. Here's an example what I'm talking about:

http://puu.sh/7HwJ4.jpg
    http://puu.sh/7HwJT.jpg

On PCSX2, haven't tried on a regular ps2. Tried repatching to no avail, any ideas>

13. masterjiraia89 Moogle Assistant

this is how a work in progress translation patch normally works, generally speaking you would need to inject a new font file into the code, then tell the game which characters to display and in what order word by word line by line. I once did one of these for a pokemon game. Never actually uploaded it though, the game released in english before I finnished. I don't like posting unfinished work, it gets bad reviews.

14. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Those of you who are play testing the game, are you using ALL files in the incomplete folder? Because I'm 99% sure the jibberish you guys are seeing has already been translated. Go to the first page of this forum and follow
    "Patching with possibly unstable "Incomplete" files"

15. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

We know what we are doing. How do you think we were able to show English letters? This shouldn't be for normal playing. We are sharing this for testing purposes. So there WILL be incomplete stuff and crashes.

16. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes I know that the incomplete versions can cause problems and was reporting on the PS2 system what was happening ;)
    Last one for now this is a game breaker on incomplete file in a Agrabah after defeating jafar and the carpet ride out it locks after a few sec ride

and during the fight with him has platform glitches I suspect either elf hack for glitches or patchier ;)

and I use the original ISO and all the above was fine

I remade the ISO without al files had a save before jafar it definitely is the trans causing lockup even thou the text was jibbe during cut scenes it got threw the fling tunnel

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  17. RyanPerez Moogle Assistant

Mine text is unreadable too. I haven't tried using the incomplete files.

18. LTTP Moogle Assistant

Hello
    Made an account just to show my support!
    I look forward to the finish product.
    I'll do some testing if needed ^_^
    Thanks for the hard work people :D

19. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Just updated Dive to the Heart (Tutorial level), anything that was off-center should be aligned properly now. This should be the final version of the level.

20. Majik Chaser

Sorry for spam...
    Good job to everyone who worked on this.