Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix Secret Ending Revealed!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

At long last, the secret ending added to the Re:coded cinematics in Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix has finally been revealed, revealing a crucial event connected to what happens in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. For those of you wanting to wait till the game's available internationally and don't want to be spoiled, the video is hidden in spoiler tags. Otherwise, enjoy:

Translations (courtesy of goldpanner from KHInsider) provided below:

Source: なかじまちゃんねる 2nd YouTube Channel

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Oct 2, 2014.

1. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      okay so wait
      at this point, the Organization is reappearing, and Braig is taking one of them with him. YMX sounds like he's about to say Saix... but could this be revealing another new Xehanort?
    2. Shiki
      Shiki
      Didn't Braig mess around with Sora in KH3D? I was thinking YMX was saying Sora...my memory of KH3D is fuzzy, so I could be wrong.
    3. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      the way Braig does that gesture implies to me that he's referring to someone in the room
    4. Shiki
      Shiki
      I see.
      And I just noticed Saix is there...
      But wait, why wouldn't they refer to themselves by their proper names?
      Or maybe they've forgotten their names, since it's been so long...
    5. 61
      Well, that was a little underwhelming.
      That's interesting about his Keyblade and all, but... why?
      That doesn't seem like something that was originally intended.
      I wonder if we'll get a "the keyblade was the bad guy the whole time" type thing like the autopilot in Wall-E or something.
    6. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      My guess is it's building to a reveal that Sora's keyblade and Xehanort's keyblade have been locked in an eternal conflict, or some such
    7. 61
      My guess is that it's some sort of legacy of darkness or something (obvious) like that. Maybe give some actual insight as to what the deal with the eye that appears on so many dark-related weapons is, rather than leaving it up to interpretation.
    8. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      after posting I realized a more likely scenario
      it probably has something to do with the special keyblade they're seeking in KH3
    9. 61
      Wait, what?
      What?
      Is that real? I didn't hear about that.
      If that's the case that's so dumb. It's like exactly what I said shouldn't happen in in 3, the game that's supposed to be ending this Xehanort mess.
    10. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
    11. Dredica
      Dredica
      Well, wasn't it sort of confirmed in Dream Drop Distance that Saix was one of them? A physical indicator of a 'Xehanort clone' is the orange eyes and pointy ears, right? Saix was sitting at the gathering of Xehanorts in DDD, so I assumed he was one of them. Unless of course you mean another Xehanort besides Saix, which in that case would probably suggest Sora since Braig did attempt to lead him astray through DDD. And Saix isn't significant enough, in my opinion, to base a secret move off of, so if you've got to rule out Young Xehanort saying Sora or Saix, I'd say Sora. That formula's been done before in Deep Dive/the intro of Kingdom Hearts II.
      "Do you remember your true name?"
      "My name is..."
      Kairi (brilliantly) out of nowhere, "Sora."

So I mean, it's not like Nomura hasn't done the Sora thing before. In all honesty I don't even see the significance of this secret ending at all, and usually I'd freak out about a new one, but this really has nothing new to offer, really. And the graphics aren't even good, smh.

The "Key to Return Hearts" as opposed to Master Xehanort's OP Keyblade that can steal hearts? I guess that'd make sense.
    12. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      With that ending, it feels more like Siax was forced into the role of being a Xehanort instead of choosing himself. Though, didn't he already know about the plan before in Days? Oh well, still fits his character either way I guess, but it's throwing me for a loop
    13. Dredica
      Dredica
      I honestly feel like Saix' character has been drawn out too long. I loved his ambiguity in Kingdom Hearts II because it felt like he was in control of his own plans/destiny, rather than listening to the higher-ups. But now it's like he's just a puppet.
    14. 61
      Please be the keyblade Riku had towards the end of one with a swapped color palette.
    15. Shiki
      Shiki
      I was thinking that the reason that YMX doesn't have a keyblade is BECAUSE it passed on to Riku.
      That's why his keyblade has the trademark eye.
    16. AzzyFox
      AzzyFox
      Riku's Keyblade was originally Soul Eater, which he obtained from Maleficent.
    17. Heart2Heart
      Heart2Heart
      But isn't Riku's Keyblade actually Terra's, which was transferred to Sora? Unless you consider Riku having some shred of Xehanort and/or Terra within him after the Ansem debacle and that causing his Keyblade to resemble Xehanort's, I doubt it.

I thought the χ-blade was supposedly the oldest Keyblade in existence.... UNLESS the fact about the χ-blade being a standalone weapon and the Keyblade being a powerful imitation, then perhaps MX's Keyblade could be the first imitation.

Question: What's so special about the "Dark Keyblade" imperfectly forged in Kingdom Hearts? First it seemed it was unique because it could "unlock" hearts, but then MX (and I think other instances in BBS) proved that that was not the case.

Who knows when we'll get any explanation about Soul Eater's origins.
    18. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I think this is a good theory. I'm sure there's more to MX's keyblade than we know.

It's actually a Keyblade of Heart (same family as the X-blade):

19. Heart2Heart
      Heart2Heart
      So while it certainly isn't confirmed, it MAY be possible that MX's Keyblade was forged in such a way... It IS peculiar that MX would know of such a classification of Keyblade that wouldn't be possible until Sora's time. Then again, Alice was somehow present during KH χ >.>