KH3: Square Enix press release

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]

Hello Kingdom Hearts fans! Yesterday was a great surprise when we heard the official announcement for Kingdom Hearts III, which will be available on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Today Square-Enix has posted their press release regarding Kingdom Hearts III, revealing the plot that will unfold soon.

Official Website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/kh3/

Source: KH13

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      This sounds awesome! I can't wait to hear more details. Completing two different sets of objectives, one as Sora/Donald/Goofy and the other as Riku/Mickey sounds great! Now the painstaking wait until its release begins... Oh well. This gives me time to save for a PS4 I suppose. At first I was a little weirded out that it is also going to be released on Xbox One, but I am not an exclusivity snob. I am happy that Xbox gamers will get a chance to bask in the greatness of this series. Assuming they can pull themselves away from Halo and CoD long enough to do so. ;) ​
    2. NemesisPrime
      NemesisPrime
      Kingdom Hearts is growing up!

It's going cross platform...

But something worries me...What is the fate of the HD remixes?
    3. Krowley
      Krowley
      I smell more than one storyline playthrough on the horizon... (Was hoping for a third, but who knows)

What concerns you?
      They should still be released as scheduled. Only 1.5 has been confirmed with a release date, but 2.5 has been teased.
    4. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      I don't get it. What is Sora and Co. are looking for...? Don't we already know who the seven guardians are...? And why Mickey and Riku are in search of previous Key wielders? Are they building an army? This game is going to be so damn interesting.
    5. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Is it me, or is the top of the third roman numeral I black? If so, is this significant?
    6. NemesisPrime
      NemesisPrime
      I mean will they be ported for PS4 or will we be able to play them only on PS3?
    7. 61
      If that's intentional, which I doubt it is, I highly doubt that it means anything.

The logo was taken from a black background, so really it's transparent. You can see the black between the letters as well.
    8. Mike
      Mike

That's confirmed in Dream Drop Distance.

They're building an army to defeat Xemnas and his seven others. I think it's between Sora, Riku, King Mickey, Kairi, Axel, Goofy and Mickey. I'm sure King Mickey will be looking for Aqua and Ven or at least trying. Anyway the fourteen of them will come together to have the next Keyblade War.
    9. AzzyFox
      AzzyFox
      I'm guessing this means Riku and Mickey are going to retrieve Ventus and Aqua. Riku has the power to awaken sleeping hearts, so he can wake Ventus.
    10. Vagineer
      Vagineer
      So.... KHIII will be like Chain of Memories, where you control Sora and Riku.... Awesome! I just can't wait for this!
    11. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Well, at least we finally know what the main point of the game is going to be. I wonder if that means there'll be two parts of the game like Chain of Memories, or you'll just meet up with Mickey and Riku like you did in KHII
    12. Vagineer
      Vagineer
      They're looking for Aqua, who is trapped in the Realm of Darkness. And Ventus, since he's hidden in a secret room in Castle Oblivion in which only Aqua knows where. Terra has a high chance of being one of Xehanort's minions. The clash of 7 lights (The Keyblade Wielders.) and 13 Darknesses (The New Organization XIII) will forge the x-Blade again and unlocking Kingdom Hearts. They need to prepare themselves for the final battle against Master Xehanort. And I'm sure that Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus and Lea? will be the 7 lights. Terra can't be one since like what I've said, he has a high chance of being a part of the New Organization XIII, since he's still in Master Xehanort's control.
    13. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      Actually, ever since I saw Ven fall asleep I thought Sora was the only one who could wake him because Sora has part of his heart; I also respectfully disagree because It said He would be looking for a friend to guide him home. Riku and ven have not yet met or even heard of each other. Still, they could always meet in dreams over the course of the game So we won't know until it comes out.