Job postings for Osaka team reveal possible Kingdom Hearts multiplayer

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

horde.png

Amongst other postings for a Tech Artist (who work on things like physics and environments) and a UI Designer, the Osaka Studio -- aka the people developing Kingdom Hearts III -- also seem to be interested in some online capabilities after a posting for a Network Programmer. Square-Enix is also recruiting for a new studio focused on console RPGs, so it's really been a week of job openings!

The posting for the Osaka team is in Japanese, but Dualshockers reports:
    Fans of the series have lamented that the upcoming Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD Remix will not include the Mirage Arena, a special world in Birth by Sleep where up to six friends can team up for a variety of battles and challenges. Interviews with Tetsuya Nomura and Tai Yasue have remained open to the idea of multiplayer for Kingdom Hearts III but have not confirmed anything.

Given Dualshockers' evaluation of the posting, it seems unlikely that the ad pertains to Kingdom Hearts III. However, we'd love to hear what you all would like to see in KH3 multiplayer. It's worth noting that the Osaka Studio is responsible for the Dissidia series and other spin-off titles, so it's entirely possible that the posting has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts at all -- but maybe a Kingdom Hearts Dissidia?

It's up in the air right now, but we'd love to hear your best speculations!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Miles
      Miles
      I just want Team Tokyo. This is their second job posting. I'm a little nervous for KH3.
    2. libregkd
      libregkd
    3. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Multiplayer wasn't really something I tried before in the series when it was provided (even with the Mirage Arena in the original BBS). That being said, I was hoping multiplayer would've been implemented in BBS with 2.5 HD ReMix so that I could try it out on my PS3. Seeing as how that's not gonna happen, I still wouldn't mind seeing some multiplayer for KH3, but I don't consider it a top priority.
    4. Miles
      Miles
      Yes and I don't like team osaka anyway.
    5. libregkd
    6. Misty
      Misty
      Likewise. It just hasn't really been conveniently implemented before (I never played Days and iirc BBS multiplayer was only for nearby friends?), but I think the PS4 does multiplayer real well so I'd love for it to be on there.

I'm partial to horde modes so I think that could really suit the Kingdom Hearts series (imagine the 1000 Heartless Battle except better and with friends!), but a KH Dissidia would also be awesome.
    7. Heart2Heart
      Heart2Heart
      A. I would have LOVED BBS online multiplayer, I loved that the Mirage Arena worked much better than CoM's multi player, it treated you as your own Keyblade Wielder (albeit a recolor of Terra/Aqua/Ven) but still allowed for skill customization with your equipped Keyblade and Deck Commands. B. I would love a 3rd installment to the Dissidia series C. I would love a KH Dissidia, either functionally or thematically (either it be a KH game LIKE Dissidia, or a KH game like Dissidia with references to Cosmos and stuff-- either with same story as Dissidia, or evolve the Mirage Arena as a world with PLOT much like Dissida)
    8. Anixe
      Anixe
      I hoping that it has to do something with re-vamping or something with X[chi], since they emphasized that it is story-based and the fact that it hasn't been localized yet, but eh, wishful thinking I suppose.
    9. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Honestly, they should have tried online with Birth by Sleep 2.5 to test the waters
    10. ~Clave Ensis~
      ~Clave Ensis~
      Multiplayer isn't really my main concern with KH3 to be honest. I'm a bit old-fashioned in the sense that I'm not the biggest fan of having to connect to the internet via my PS3 to play multiplayer. But I do love playing with people at home on the same box - it's more fun that way in my opinion. Doing that in KH3 would be epic as a little side-game idea, but overall it isn't really the most important aspect of the game.