Five Nights at Freddy's 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fellangel, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Fellangel Bichael May

The infamously popular first-person horror game, Five Nights at Freddy's, is apparently getting a sequel according to the pictures he has released both on his website and on Tumblr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is going for a 2015 release according to the first picture

Personally, I see a decent enough reason to give this game a sequel. However, I think the majority won't really get it due to the lore of the game being rather obscure. I do see some hints of new game mechanics. It seems you're going to be "hiding" now, according to the 4th picture, as you're hiding in the Freddy costume.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Can't tell if that second screen is supposed to indicate two Foxies or just a visual upgrade similar to the others

If the former, SWIGGITY SWIT I'M SCARED AS S██T

3. Fellangel Bichael May

It does look like two "Foxies" in the game. As the 4th picture shows, it does seem to be Foxie shown, just a lot more terrifying.

As if one wasn't bad enough :c

4. Arch Mana Knight

"Grand reopening" seems to imply that Freddy's was...well, you know. So I'd assume we're getting makeovers/upgrades/replacements of existing robo-animals. Pretty sure there'll be new additions too but probably not double of the ones already in the original. (Double Foxy will totally be a 7th night feature.)

5. Hayabusa Venomous

Do you have a link to Cawthon's Tumblr? I have no clue how to find it and want to stay updated ._.

6. Fellangel Bichael May

Hmm sorry I can't seem to find a page for Scott's Tumblr. His webpage is probably the best bet to keep updated (or the internet. Once stuff pops up, it'll spread crazy.)

http://www.scottgames.com/

7. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

so im guessing the plot is you wasted all your money on crack and decided to work at another Freddy place with more creepy animatronics that will end up killing you.

also why not call it "ten nights at freddy's"

8. jafar custom title

because of course a fad needs to be milked for all it's got while it's still fresh.

9. Fellangel Bichael May

Here's the trailer guys~

With the gameplay at the end, I can see already some changes. AND FOXY STILL GOT ME AT THE END DAMMIT.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm loving the look of those torn down suits, and I think the new suits will look especially unsettlingly clean in lots of light, creating a nice contrast between the two kinds of suits.

11. Fellangel Bichael May

Alright so I did some poking around on the internet and I think we have some more info on the game.

-First image is just some random scenes from the game and Steam. DEAR LORD DO THEY LOOK MORE HORRIFYING

Man the old characters look both horrifying AND amazing at the same time. The new characters have that cute but disturbing feel to them.

[​IMG]

-The second is a bit unclear.

[​IMG]

In the beginning of the trailer, it shows this weird marionette character on the children's drawings. It's not clear whether this thing plays a role in the game or is there just for the hell of it. I'm thinking it may play a role in the game AND also explain some events for the first game.

12. Fellangel Bichael May

Alrighties. The game is finally out for purchase. And you know what that means

[​IMG] x2

I've been seeing some Youtubers already playing it. DEAR LORD. I THOUGHT THE FIRST GAME WAS HORRIFYING ENOUGH.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm definitely picking the game up sometime, though I prefer to wait for discounts (I'm frugal or whatever.)

From the days I've seen so far (one and two) the game really does amp up the horror much more quickly than the first game, and in ways that aren't as obvious to figure out.

14. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

Now there's the big question: Is FNAF2 a Prequel? Or a Sequel? I honestly think it's a prequel myself, and I won't spoil the game for anyone. But it is very terrifying, and the story is very interesting towards the end. I really hope Scott announces whether or not it's a sequel/prequel, and if he's developing another FNAF.

15. Fellangel Bichael May

I don't know if he's going to develop another FNAF (and I really hope he doesn't. 2 games in a single year is already more than enough. A third one would kinda push the game series over the line) but on his website, this is the only thing shown.

[​IMG]

So either it's a hint to the next game, doing an overhaul of his website, or just simply laying low from the gaming world until he's ready for the next game to be released.

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

It's a prequel. It happens the week of the Bite of '87. This is supported by the date of the check you get, and by details from some of the phone calls--and the fact that Phone Guy is alive in the first place to leave those messages.

So I haven't actually played either game but I just went through the TV Tropes page for the sequel and holy frick this is more terrifying than the first game.

17. Fellangel Bichael May

WELP OUR QUESTIONS MAY HAVE BEEN ANSWERED

[​IMG]

PREPARE YER SPOOKS

[​IMG]

Seriously though. I think Scott is overdoing it

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

So if 1 to 2 that took away your doors and gave you more rooms and animatronics, assuming that is hinting at a FNAF 3 are we going to have even more animatronic and less methods to survive?

19. Fellangel Bichael May

[​IMG]

WELP HERE WE GO

Guess I'm making another thread about the third game :/

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Just make one big megathread for FNAF