Square-Enix Final Fantasy XV [the game formerly known as Versus XIII]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Arch Mana Knight

There will be no new FFXV info at TGS. Sorry, guys. But Nomura will appear "at an interview"! That doesn't really amount to anything right now but it's bound to be better than Square's "stay excited for a new Final Fantasy" at the PS4's reveal.

Source: Siliconera

Oh and the Type-0 team is working on FFXV. That isn't surprising considering Type-0's director, Tabata, is XV's co-director with Nomura. Considering the fact that Type-0 is easily one of the best Final Fantasy games ever made(in my opinion)...more hype. All the hype actually. All of it.

Source: Siliconera

2. libregkd -

3. Arch Mana Knight

New interview from Nomura:

Source: Gematsu

I love how Nomura doesn't even acknowledge the X1.

4. libregkd -

5. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Haha yeah, I think Japan's definitely favorited toward the PS4. But again, I think there was the same treatment for FFXIII and its X-Box 360 release.

But anyway, thanks for the interview, at least it was something out of this year's TGS. Although I hope the "fantasy based on reality" stuff doesn't entirely make the game seem like a non-Final Fantasy-esque game. I get it they are trying for more action-y stuff, but then it turns into just that. A lot of pressure on Nomura, especially juggling KH3 under his belt (and zippers).

Naturally, I'm not getting any expectations up until there is some actual new footage and stuff, which I hope will be ready and available at Jump Festa later this winter (assuming it's gonna be there, of course).

6. Arch Mana Knight

Remember that "new" trailer we got? Someone made a video of what new footage we got from it. Apparently it was only about 10 seconds of new stuff.

7. libregkd -

8. Jin うごかないで

9. libregkd -

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Holy frick. I'd forgotten how absurdly cool this game was going to be. Thanks for the trailer~

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Same here. That trailer got me hyped. Now to wait...hopefully by then the ps4 will have dropped in price with a possible slim version. lol

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

FFXV is apparently "quite far into development" according to Yoshinori Kitase.

Source

13. Arch Mana Knight

Looks like English voice actors are already being looked at or cast...probably.

Katy Townsend's resume lists "various" for her work on the game. Considering the last resume leak about FFXV turned out to be true(before the title change was revealed) there's some hope for this.

Source: DualShockers

14. Shuhbooty moon child

This is what I tell myself everyday. But then I remember I can't play PS3 games on th PS4 and I die internally. But I guess it's for a good cause. I really hate being behind on games because I'm to lazy to buy the new consoles.

I'm truly excited for this game tho. Th story is so off set, the creators are perf and you can do kdhvblhjbvqdh. -dies-

15. libregkd -

16. Arch Mana Knight

Well, it's better than hearing Somnus for everything when some new trailer comes out for the game. Then again, we haven't heard it since the title change. Just looked at the tracklist and there's Pain the Universe from Legend of Mana. So excited.

17. Jin うごかないで

Is there even any solid release date set for it yet or does it STILL need to be announced by square?

18. Arch Mana Knight

There's no release date yet. The game's far along into development though. It's likely we'll see it released by the end of this year or sometime next year.

19. Jin うごかないで

Hopefully. if it takes 2 more years it'll basically hit 10 years of production and still no solid release date maybe they're trying to go for the "longest game production" award or something haha.

20. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Does anyone know why they have turned away from the normal turn based fighting style of all the previous FF games? It is a feature that has made me very happy and so I may actually play this one. I have tried to play the others but just can't stand the turn based style so I can't get into the games.