Square-Enix FF: Type-0

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingdom_hearts_loverXX, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Arch Mana Knight

The fan translation is already out. It's funny because people who have been following its progress closely started to whine about Square "making money off the fans' hard work". Silly people.

Anyways, there's already some news on some of the voice actors for the game(who already finished voice work two years ago).

Trey will be voiced by Matthew Mercer.
    Cinque will be voiced by Cristina Vee.
    Nine will be voiced by Orion Acaba.

Source: Gematsu

Really excited to see who's going to voice Machina(I'll probably change my username back to this closer to release), Rem, Kurasame, and Ace.

2. Jube Formerly Chuck's

My honest opinions on the game so far.

-Combat is fun. It can be mashy at times but other then that I think it's good for a JRPG.
    -Being able to play as not only all your characters but switch them on the fly AND there's 14 of em? Something that has been missing in Square games for a while
    -I am PAINFULLY uninterested in the story so far. I think the infodump at the beginning really turned me off
    -I don't know anything about the characters I'm playing as except for Machina and Ace but hopefully this changes
    -That "strategic" mission thing? Absolutely dreadful
    -There's also a lot of red and brown. I hope this changes because it's a little barf inducing.

Also Square, I dunno what you were thinking putting Chapter 1 on one disc and the rest on the second but it's not the 90's anymore.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I dunno much about Type 0, but I liked Matthew Mercer and Christina Vee in Magi, and Orion Acaba in Ace Attorney~

4. A Zebra Chaser

well you should, it's regarded as one of the best FF games ever
    EVERRRR

5. Arch Mana Knight

There's 14 characters to play as. Not 12. Though Machina spends a few sections of the game being unplayable and there's at least one part where Rem is also unplayable. >>

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The extent of my Type 0 knowledge:
    magic war school
    air combat
    everyone has number/playing card names
    there is exactly one moogle
    lots more blood than other ff games
    all the main class from the school is playable

everyone dies in the end (except two people, I think)

7. A Zebra Chaser

it's also an advanced version of Crisis Core in terms of gameplay. It pushed the PSP beyond its limit, graphically, level up system is... I dunno... kinda reminiscent of FF8? And the story is -kinda- reminiscent of FF12 (or an Ivalice game, at least)

8. Arch Mana Knight

And yet another image surfaces.

[​IMG]

Yet another picture of Ace. It's pretty beautiful. Though I'm still waiting for some HD Machina and Rem pics.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  9. Noise For Love and Justice

Pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed.

I have been following the Doomtrain fan trans since (almost) the beginning. I was super pumped when they said it was gonna come out in August. I haven't checked in a while cause I figured I wouldn't need to and then I saw THAT.

Ok so I am not really that pissed...but I am mad that it literally took them THIS LONG to say that they are making it. I hope they stuff that crap full of extra goodies on top of the HDness because LORD KNOWS I HAVE WANTED THIS GAME SO BADLY I JAIL BROKE MY PSP GHETTO STYLE.

>.>

(I had to come back and post this because no one in my family would understand)

10. Jube Formerly Chuck's

There's quite a difficulty spike early in the game.
    Not a problem of course but it's quite jarring considering the mass amounts of "HIT HERE TO INSTANT KILL" going on

11. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I was so excited when they annouced for PS vita.. but then they took it back >_<

12. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Currently playing now. I'm loving it. The infodump was a little off putting. But lots of games/literature start off that way. I learned that the best thing to do is to keep on. Eventually the earlier info will make sense.

I always had a thing for lore. Be it FF or Greek Mythology, so I suppose that helps me stay in the focus.

I mostly play as Ace/Machina/Eight. But mostly Ace cause I like how he makes me feel like Byakuya (from Bleach) must feel when he fights.

Tl;dr
    Take all my money Square Enix.

13. Arch Mana Knight

Type-0's main character Machina Kunagiri(I'm sure most of you remember my theme) has a confirmed English VA now. Don't have a source link yet but it's legit.

Bryce Papenbrook

14. libregkd -

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I find it interesting Type-0's main character has the same VA as Zidane in the Dissidia games. Looking forward to hearing him voice Machina.

16. A Zebra Chaser

I HOPE he's more like Zidane than, say, Tiz
    Bryce doesn't exactly have huge range from what I've seen though

17. Arch Mana Knight

Fan translation gets a cease and desist from Square. Maybe this was done late on purpose?

I still don't get why everyone gets the number of students wrong. It's 14 not 12. Machina and Rem aren't part of Class Zero at the beginning but they join within the first hour(and they're kind of the main characters)!

Thanks to @No Game No Bush for sending me the link.

18. Jube Formerly Chuck's

I'm pretty sure they did it late because Sky gave a fake release date for the patch (early August).

Not like this will change anything of course. Anyone who wanted to play it probably has it by now

19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

To Square's credit, they had to figure out what the hell to do with this game. I've been basically sitting on a full localization since a couple months after it came out in Japan, but the PSP up and died. I'm sure they considered just putting on the Vita marketplace, but I'm also sure they waited to observe how well the Vita was selling first. Turns out, not very well. Like I said, they probably didn't know what the hell they were going to do with Type-0 until a couple months prior to the announcement.[DOUBLEPOST=1405806244][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Listen, it's not like a cease and desist was completely unreasonable here. Wait, you mean there's an emulator that can give them the game free, at lower res albeit, and in English and run on basically any PC? And we're releasing this game? Like, it's not like they stopped them immediately. They stopped them when they figured out they were going to still release Type-0. The whole spheal he gave about "IS THIS HOW A COMPANY TREATS ITS BIGGEST FANS?!?!?!" can actually suck my nuts. It's so entitled to another company's intellectual property that I shudder to think of this person ever getting in a concept of ownership debate. Yes, you did work Square-Enix is doing and going to sell. You got told to stop. Get over it.

Implying Journos should play and research games so they get their facts straight? HA!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  20. Patman Bof

I' m not sure how the PSP being officially retired for a few months would have hurt the sales, but for some reason their western marketing departments disagreed. They did wait to see how well the Vita would fare and, well, poop. They also checked how well the game would look left as is on PS3, but the proportions of the hub and the menus looked weirdly huge on a HDTV. So did the characters since the camera was super close to them. I' m pretty sure I wouldn' t have gave a damn, but Tabata is a perfectionist and that didn' t slide with him. And he didn' t mention it in the interview I just summarized but the original camera controls were simply horrid, and that I do mind.

If that doesn' t teach SE that localization should be an intrinsic part of the development cycle, not an afterthought, I don' t know what will.