Famitsu Interviews Nomura About Kingdom Hearts 3

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Jun 12, 2013.

1. libregkd -

E3 seems to be a busy time for Nomura as he revealed two of the projects that he was working on for Next-Generation Systems. Famitsu sat down with Nomura to discuss both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. While waiting for a full translation of the interview, here is a brief summary of the main talking points:
    Famitsu
    Translation Summary

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Barakon-King
      Barakon-King
      I was wondering if that trailer was gameplay or not. Makes sense. At least it's real-time footage though. It looks good in the engine.
    2. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      NPC's actually involved in battle? Yes!
    3. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Glad to know that the enemies will be more complex, i just really hope though the worlds will be more vibrant, with NPCs moving around not just standing there and bigger worlds. Seriously Twilight Town seems huge and we get to explore in each game just a tiny part of it.
    4. Luxila
      Luxila
      But why Xbox one? It just seems to be such a random move on their part. Kingdom Hearts has always been as exclusively Playstation franchise (hand-held titles being depatable but numbered titles solid in the argument). Are they trying to pull what they did with ff13? Because even then I found it weired to see a playstation game with a green xbox cover :/
    5. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Exclusive to Playstation, yes, but that was during the PS2 era. Publishers this generation (including Square-Enix) have now embraced the idea of have games being multi-platform. It was bound to happen with the next console Kingdom Hearts.
    6. CloudStrife2k9
      CloudStrife2k9
      When he says a "three character party" does that mean Donald, Goofy and then Riku? And then a world based character? If so... THAT'S AWESOME :D

Also, I'm really intrigued by the whole multiplayer thing. I hope we can co-op the story. Maybe if what I said previously is true, maybe one person can play as Riku while the other plays as Sora?:D
    7. Shift
      Shift
      ...he means the same as KH1/2.
      3 Characters in your party, switch Donald or Goofy with World Specific characters if wanted. Also some characters joining for a short period sometimes, like the FF crew did on the 1K heartless battle, probably.
    8. CloudStrife2k9
      CloudStrife2k9
      Oh.. well, meh. I want what I said. Lmao.
    9. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      Because, if you haven't noticed, Square-Enix haven't been doing so hot with their own developed titles. Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and XIV have all been received with less than stellar commercial or critical reception. They can't afford to have Kingdom Hearts III be console exclusive this time.
    10. 61
      All of this is really interesting. It keeps sounding like, mechanically, a progression of KH2 more than anything, which my biggest concern was that it wouldn't be.

It's a little disappointing to hear that the gameplay is not actual gameplay, though that wasn't entirely unexpected, but if it will look the same by the time it's released i don't care.

KH3 a rival production to FFXV? I would have said sister production. They've been in somewhat the same status since even before they were announced.
    11. DH531
      DH531
      Doesn't matter if they're rivals, i'll buy both haha! XD
      Also while I would've been more happy with them if they were PS4 exclusives, I just hope now that they don't downgrade the quality for the PS4 to match the Xbone or something, since the Xbone is less powerful than PS4...Just my thoughts ╰( ´◔ ω ◔ `)╯
    12. Airi Ban
      Airi Ban
      The NPCs part is very cool for sure.
      And being able to ride enemy's? That makes me think of how he rode the "heartless wave" for a bit in the trailer. If it turns out anything close to that then that'll be interesting to do.
    13. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I also wonder what these "other feature" are? What else could they add to the series?
    14. Nate_River
      Nate_River
      "Considering online features" makes me happy. So very happy. Maybe some Co-op action or some arena/CtF styled stuff?
    15. Heart2Heart
      Heart2Heart
      As for online features, I hope Mirage Arena returns. The only ~working~ method is to have an optional game mode allowing you to use Deck Commands (either hue changing Keyblade Armor for Sora/Riku/Mickey, or a semi-custom character) Either way, for head-to-head, need a battle system that allows opponents to differ greatly from one another.
    16. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      same here. i'm hoping for a return of the Mirage Arena, that made BBS so much fun.
    17. Nate_River
      Nate_River
      Just as long as we don't need any additional software like BBS did... That really irked me.
    18. Miles
      Miles
      Yes. im liking that aerial combat comment.
    19. Barakon-King
      Barakon-King
      Nah, that's not how it works. They're not working with a specific dev kit, they're building the game on a PC program and then porting onto the next gen systems. From there, they do the touching up for specific systems. These are titles early in the gen, so they'll prolly end up looking just on par with each other. I don't think we'll be able to see the performance differences in games until later in the gen or unless it's a first-party developed title.