E3 Live talk with Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 and 1.5

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Krowley Moderator

Day 1 of "Square Enix Live Presents" featured a sit down with Kingdom Hearts creator; Tetsuya Nomura, concerning the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix, and the recently announce Kingdom Hearts III. Below is the full interview transcript, courtesy of Gematsu. (His word on Final fantasy XV can also be viewed in the link)

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jun 11, 2013.

1. 61
      So far I am loving what I am hearing about the combat system. It needs to be a clear evolution from KH2 in the same way that KH2 was a clear evolution from KH1, while at the same time taking subtle influences from key elements of the recent spin-offs as well. TBH I just don't want anything too complex.
    2. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      This "shader" concept is interesting. So so Sora, Donald, and Goofy have a unique look for each world?

Also, I'm curious as to what these surprising worlds are...
    3. Patman
      Patman
      That bit about using different shaders for each world sounds awesome. The thing is, dysney worlds have a fairly homogenous design, a simple cell shading as the one seen in the teaser would fit most of them. I sure would kill to see a crayon shaded world, like this (though atm I can' t think of a disney world that calls for it) :

4. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      This sounds really intriguing. I actually think it'd be cool to get more Nobodies in the later games after KHIII, but what I'm really hoping for is something that exceeds KHII in gameplay, as well as cooler worlds. So far they've gotten really good, and I don't see how they can mess up any of the new worlds
    5. Vagineer
      Vagineer
      Well, this is an interesting update for KHIII. So Summons and the MP bar are really returning in KHIII.... And we can get to play as other characters besides Sora and Riku. even though that and the multiplayer function is still in consideration. Nomura wants to play as Mickey? It seems that he's excited for the fact that King Mickey might be playable.

On an unrelated note: I kick butt as mickey in Days! XD
    6. DangostreetGames
      DangostreetGames
      If you think about the words Nomura said:

Will summoning return in Kingdom Hearts III?

Yes, summons will be available, but in a very different form. Before, in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, you probably remember Disney franchise characters could be summoned. But in Kingdom Hearts III, it will be a very different system.

Marvel and Star Wars summons?

NO! I DON'T WANNA THINK ABOUT IT, BUT FOR SOME REASON, IT SOUNDS VERY F****** POSSIBLE.
    7. RifleRiku
      RifleRiku
      I doubt it. It's probably going to be summons of people like Riku or something. It's more likely to be something of that affect. Marvel and Star Wars are Disney now so they are now called Disney Characters. But it really stinks that you can't summon Disney Characters, unless I'm misinterpreting this. He might just say what it could do before and then state that its just very different but I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.
    8. Shift
      Shift
      Summons are probably gonna be Dream Eaters or some other enemy class.
      Also.
      **** YES MULTIPLAYER.
    9. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      He says the system will be different, kinda like the D-Links from BBS.
    10. DangostreetGames
      DangostreetGames
      To everyone that responded.... I love how you guys think so optimistically. I just hope that what I thought isn't true.