D23 Coverage: Kingdom Hearts 3 Twitter Recap

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

As Krowley posted earlier this morning, D23 confirmed the release of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix. Along with that big reveal, a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 was shown. Because the event allowed no cameras and had no livestream, we won't have footage until they put up an official version. However, event attendees of course went to Twitter with their thoughts, and you can view translations below!
    All translations are thanks to the diligent work of SQEX☆GAL.

We'll of course keep you all updated with further impressions and reports from the event. Here's hoping the trailer is uploaded soon!

What do you all think? Might we see a Toy Story world? Is the trailer so heavily steeped in Disney because it was shown at a Disney event, or does this possibly lend itself to Kingdom Hearts being featured in the Disney parks? Let us know what you think!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Arch
      Arch
      I've been waiting for keyblade transformations to make another appearance. Guns though? That's amusing. Glad that Traverse Town is back! And a Toy Story world would be...well I'm not sure.
    2. 61
      This sounds crazy and over the top, but I kinda want to reserve judgement till I see for myself.
    3. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      ... From what I gathered from those tweets... apparently you can summon a Disney theme park... Wut?[DOUBLEPOST=1381763807][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway, if a Toy Story world is happening, I will be so happy (though I prefer it be based on Toy Story 3... not sure how the first two Toy Story movies would fit into a KH game)!
    4. Plums
      Plums
      Traverse Town and possibly Twilight Town? I am so happy 8D

The Keyblade transformation is definitely interesting! I wonder if this means there was either a minor time skip or Sora earned his mastery (although I was hoping he'd achieve that by defeating Xehanort, but ah well). A Toy Story world would be excellent, and from the sounds of it there's a limit based off of it -- which, these new limits in general sound crazy and fast paced. I just want to see the trailer already lol, but overall this is really exciting stuff.
    5. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      As far as Traverse Town goes, I do hope they do the same thing they did in KH3D, and make the world feel refreshing rather than a rehash.
    6. Misty
      Misty
      I'm thinking it might be a limit, sort of, where you summon a parade float and mess people up with it lol. It'll probably become more clear when we can actually see it.
      It's very possible Traverse Town won't even appear. A lot of the early trailers reuse old areas that don't appear later on. Early KH2 trailers used the Hollow Bastion castle of KH1, and BBS trailers used Hollow Bastion areas from KH2. Since this is an entirely new platform I don't think they could reuse old locations (like Traverse Town), but they might not have finalized designs of new places.

Or Traverse Town could return. It's anyone's call now haha.
    7. Anixe
      Anixe
      Yooooo Disneyland is confirmed world? I'll be expecting subtle breaking-the-4th-wall jokes lol.

Anyway, sounds exciting. Even shaky cellphone cam of leaked footage would be acceptable at this point. More so, I just wanna see those kingdom shader graphics.
    8. Krowley
      Krowley
      If they actually include the toy story world, I wonder if Sora will look like his play arts...

[​IMG]
    9. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Why would you think that?
    10. Plums
      Plums

For the minor time skip, Sora hasn't displayed much (if any) skill in manipulating the Keyblade to that extent of transformation, so I'm operating under the assumption that some amount of time (e.g. a couple of months) passed so Yen Sid could train Sora/Riku/everyone else how to do that. For the mastery, I had forgotten that you could do that without being a master, so "formal Keyblade training" is more along the lines of what I meant (which just ties into the first point anyway, lol).
    11. Miles
      Miles
      Man my heart is pounding just reading this! ...was that a pun? anyway I really want to see it!!!
    12. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Sora gained abilities in KH2 after sleeping for months, there's no particular reason why there has to be a reason for Sora gaining new abilities
    13. Misty
      Misty
      There could be, though. Sometimes new abilities are explained by story progression (like drive forms or summons), other times there's not. I think that's what Plums was commenting on.
    14. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Well drive forms were just basically magic steroids, the only ability I can think of that Sora learns is that dash move in the Pride Lands
      All I'm saying is that more likely than not, Sora will just have these abilities. Training isn't really KH's style so far, really.
    15. Plums
      Plums
      Siliconera has posted their overview of the event:

I'm not really all that excited for the new clothes, tbh. I feel like the KH2 outfit has been very underused compared to the KH1, but I'll probably love the new one in time. Also FIRE SPELLS WITH HOMING IN A MAIN NUMBERED GAME AGAIN.
    16. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee

I understand where you're coming from as far as the clothes are concerned. Although, when I think about it, this may be a good thing, as I don't want Sora's KH2 clothes to suffer from being overused like they did with his KH1 clothes (God, how I wanna burn those darn things).
    17. Miles
      Miles
      MUST! SEE! VIDEO! ahhh!
    18. CloudStrife2k9
      CloudStrife2k9
      Now what I want to know is when does the public get to see this trailer? I'm hoping soon.
    19. libregkd
      libregkd