Big Hero 6 World Confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Aug 16, 2015.

1. libregkd -

Just announced at D23, Square and Disney has confirmed that Big Hero 6 is the latest world to be apart of Kingdom Hearts 3! Along with this announcement, Square Enix had a piece of concept art
    showing off Sora and Baymax fighting above San Fransokyo. The world is set after the events of the movie where the darkness possess the body Baymax has left behind in the portal.

xm1n29V.jpg
    (Click to Enlarge)​

EDIT: The Official Kingdom Hearts YouTube Channel uploaded a video of Producer Roy Conli from the Walt Disney Animation Studios give us the first details on San Fransokyo in Kingdom Hearts 3. This was shown to the crowd at D23.​

EDIT 2: Now with higher res artwork!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      Yooooooooo that's neat how they tie-in the film's story.

Can't wait to see the crew Gogo.
    2. Misty
      Misty
      I'm jazzed that they're doing an original plotline rather than just taking you through the events of the movie! I guess I'll have to watch both Tangled and Big Hero 6 now, too. :x
    3. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      As excited as I am for San Fransokyo to appear in KH3, I'm equally surprised that we won't get to explore the movie's plot. I don't believe that has ever been done for any world in its first appearance in the series.
    4. libregkd
      libregkd
    5. 61
      below confirmed not buying kh3
    6. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      Bruh Tangled is so good (and it helps that a character in the film looks like Yuna.)

The most cynical thing I've ever read from you.
    7. 61
      im kind of joking but i really don't like this. but whatever.
      and i'm pretty sure that's not what cynical means
    8. Stardust
      Stardust
      PLEASE DO

But yeah I am really excited for this. I liked Big Hero 6 and have kinda felt like it didn't get enough love from Disney in the face of the money monster that was Frozen. It's awesome to see it get featured, and great to see the world's presence continue the story instead of just rehash what already happened. C':
    9. Plums
      Plums
      I'M SO HAPPY.

Them doing it after the events of the film opens up so much storywise re:Xehanort meddling (and Maleficent). Like libre said, it's so refreshing to have original plotlines and I hope they do it for most of the Disney worlds. This also makes 3 worlds based on films Conli directed being part of the KHverse (since Hunchback was in KH3D), leaving Treasure Planet as the only one up in the air and I would kill to have a TP world, lol.
    10. Explode
      Explode
      Was kind of "eh" on Big Hero Six, but I can't deny that that looks pretty sick.

Hyped for original plot lines, they always turn out better than trying to summarize a full movie in 10-15 minutes of cutscenes. Having said that, I hope they bulls*** a way for the villain to return in some form. Not having a fight against those microbots would be a big missed opportunity.
    11. Fearless
      Fearless
      SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SOMEONE PINCH ME I THINK I'M DREAMING
    12. Hiro ✩
      Hiro ✩
      THE ONLY THING THAT HAS HYPED ME THIS MUCH WAS STREET FIGHTER 3 THIRD STRIKE

I AM SO HYPE YOUDON'T EVEN KNOW OH MY GOD
    13. cstar
      cstar
      Man, this movie just means so much to me lately on a personal level I don't think words can describe how happy I am to see it confirmed for KH3 like, I screamed.
    14. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Not gonna happen till Kingdom Hearts 6 at the earliest (and that's a generous prediction). Speaking of Conli:

EDIT: woops, looks like Libre beat me to it...[DOUBLEPOST=1439756412][/DOUBLEPOST]
      Look closely at the concept art. The enemy (Baymax Heartless?) seems to be controlling microbots.
      Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    15. Anixe
      Anixe
      Time to watch Big Hero 6 I guess, lol. But even more so, great news that they are starting to add original plotlines~

*crossing fingers for inevitable Stan Lee cameo*
    16. CloakedThunder
      CloakedThunder
      I'm excited to see big hero 6 in KH3, can't wait to see how they will handle the world in the game. I think it would be cool if they decided to make Baymax a summon in the game also.
    17. exile0025
      exile0025
      im ok with this since its a disney adaption instead of the real thing
    18. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Not gonna lie, I did fan girl scream quite a lot when I read this. I'm so excited! Big Hero 6 was the world I wanted to see the most in KH3. Sora fighting along side Baymax and Hiro :') Now I shall secretly hope for Wreck It Ralph to make it in the game.
    19. Mish
      Mish
      It's cool about the original plotline for Big Hero 6, but I'm so underwhelmed by this KH3 update lol. Was expecting more from D23.