❥▐ cupid's brew「ooc」

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Jayn, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

I think I might have been doing this for a little while, probably because I was excited, and a little bored perhaps, but overall, I can admit that I'm one of those people who went over the top, down-and-out crazy, and you guys can agree with me because some of you let off a few complaints my way. But that's just me sometimes, but I'm tuning some finer points right now.

The thing is, is that I'm completely cut off from Skype as of the moment, (Personal issues, hopefully I'll be able to speak again next weekend, if not the weekend after this.) so I usually don't know the course of action. I also don't stay up as late as you guys do. Because, every single time action happens, it's 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning and I'm already in bed. i could lie and say "Hey, this thread doesn't eat up my time," and I won't say it now, but it's pretty frustrating to miss out on the good stuff and having bad side effects (Had a rough save with the Ferry Incident, but made it just in time. I decided to kill Toni not just because I couldn't fill her with enough life, but as punishment for being tardy. I was particularly bummed by the fight as well, but hey, that's RPing.)

I know I shouldn't complain, because I'm not that type of guy, but stuff like this can get to ya. I'm not saying this a bad thread (I LOVE THIS THREAD! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER!), and I'm not planning to leave, I'm just saying that I feel left out sometimes, and that's why I become a little radical.

2. Jayn

Well, at least you recognize a reason for it. But obviously, this whole post wasn't directed towards anyone specific ... Though, I do admit and Adrian has been pretty over the top, haha.

I feel like I need to address the ~late at night happenings~ as well, because it's a common complaint.

To be straight-forward: If you don't want things to happen at night, make good use of the mornings / afternoons. This is a team effort and it not left up to one person to do, obviously. But keep your eye on progression and communicate.

If I spend all day waiting for a decision to be made, waiting for people to post and move along, waiting, then obviously things will more likely progress at night.

We've got four days (sometimes more) and when there's an event or a decision to be made, it's always right there in front of you. It's your choice when you decide to vote, if you're around.

On the flip side, if we don't do anything productive until the last minute, then choices will have to be made later, too.

For the most part, I've been unusually generous with counters. I think there have been two so far, and none for the recent deaths / situations. Last night, something happened, but I haven't killed anyone off. The punishment for not being around wasn't death.

Again, there have only been three 'major' occurrences.

Fire, accident, mist.

The only time deaths were a result of it being 'late at night' = the last mist occurrence. And that resulted in a wrong and an a do over, which, has not resulted in any deaths or anything.

The only fire causality = Alice (planned).

The ferry causalities were only supposed to be 1, but it was more because people decided to post when they didn't have to lol (and also because Mindstorm killed off Toni).

Honestly, looking at it, not /that much/ has gone down, and most of what has has been preventable.

If things happened often in the morning, there would be 'I'm at school / work' complaints. In the afternoon / evening, 'I'm at work / school / dinner / homework' complaints.

I mean, either way it's kind of ... unavoidable (not everyone being around at once)? Our schedules aren't going to match. Our time zones aren't even all the same. It's something that just kind of needs to be dealt with and balanced out. I don't honestly think it'd matter, what time of day things occurred. There will always be someone who is not around / misses out and someone will always have something to say about it.

It's just kind of a matter of how creative you are with post-reactions when you miss out, and down time. You don't have to be an attention-whore to get involved or be prominent. Not at all.

3. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

I wish Slenderman would be part of the death wishes. But then again, me over the top + realism issues
    But hey, it's an okay option in my opinion. A little suggestion doesn't really hurt. (No pun intended.) :P

4. Jayn

For those not in the Skype chat / not paying attention, we've discussed two options.

1) The police are called and you stay behind. Coming into contact with the police results in your character becoming inactive, which basically means you're out of the picture until later.
    2) The police are called and you flee. This means you get into the car and go, hoping to make it back to Candlewood.

This is an individual choice. Choose wisely and think about what your character would honestly do in this situation.​

5. Jayn

Goal: Get home !!
    Warning: The sooner, the better.
    Note: Once you get home, and walk through those doors, you have reached the goal and shouldn't post again. [ / the end ] ​

6. Mysty Unknown

Full Name: Xara Tracy Crimson
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Dislikes: Arguing, Lying, The color Orange
    Weaknesses/Fears: Afraid of Insects, Birds, Death
    Strengths/Talents: Makes friends easily, Plays guitar well.
    Personality: A shy girl who only wishes to have time to herself. She also is curious. She is kind to others but has a distaste to talking for long periods of time with them.
    Sexuality: Homosexual
    Favorite Color: Purple
    Instrument(s): Guitar
    Crush?: (You can wait to see who else joins) I honestly don't know. Sorry jaynnn
    Cupid's Brew?: No
    Availability: Everyday almost. Sometimes weekends I will not have access to a computer but that is rare
    Other:

7. Jayn

Acccccepted !! I'll let you know when you can introduce her.​

8. Jayn

New characters are now welcomed with opened arms.

[ Was technically not accepting them until now. ]

9. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

wait, why the end?
    I thought everyone would pair up before the end..
    :(
    Why!!???? *Bawls*

10. What? 『 music is freedom 』

11. Fellangel Bichael May

Well yays. I can finally posts and stuff c:

...right after school though -_-

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Figured I'd give myself another character to keep myself posting longer paragraphs. I'm horrible at posting as only one person (if that's okay ^^')

Full Name: Sarah Coleman
    Appearance: Sarah
    Likes: Music, acting, reading, computers, and writing short stories.
    Dislikes: People and school
    Weaknesses/Fears: being made fun of for being Ginger, driving
    Strengths/Talents: Piano music,
    Personality: She's kind of a *****. She loves leading people into bad situations and enjoys seeing them freak out when they can't figure out how to escape, although she wouldn't go so far as to kill or someone intentionally. She's not horribly loud, but she's not the quietest either. She's also fond of making new friends, but it's not on her priorities.
    Sexuality: Bi-sexual
    Favorite Color: Dark Orange and Magenta
    Instrument(s): Piano, Voice
    Crush?: Natalie Williams
    Cupid's Brew?: Yes
    Availability: Same as Natalie
    Other:N/A

13. Jayn

Accepted, HoT. ​

14. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Can someone please tell me what's going on? Last time I checked, I can't be on Skype cuz I'm cut off.

15. Jayn

Rules updated.

> No more crushing on your own characters. Stop that. Get involved with other people otherwise there's no point in you being apart of a collaborative role play.
    > If you don't seem to be attempting to follow the guide I posted earlier (linked to in the OP), I am going to ask you to resign. I already said that, but just reiterating.
    > This isn't a rule, just a reminder -- if you leave your 'crush' blank, don't complain about who I pair you with. Either make the effort to decide for yourself or #dealwithit. 8) ​

Shh. You don't have to worry about anything right now. There is nothing in the Skype chat to further explain what is happening. I made sure to update the OOC thread with what was going on.

(http://kh-vids.net/threads/❥▐-cupids-brew「ooc」.138150/page-13#post-4060018)
    (http://kh-vids.net/threads/❥▐-cupids-brew「ooc」.138150/page-13#post-4060773)

Right now, you have nothing to do, so. Just ... don't do anything. Lol.​

16. Jayn

Full Name: OLIVER JOSEPH GRANT.
    Appearance: http://puu.sh/2XIuw.jpg
    Likes: SWEETS WARM SHOWERS BEING PRAISED FEELING USEFUL GETTING TO KNOW PEOPLE TECHNOLOGY MOVIES GOING OUT WORKING CHILDREN FLIRTING COMPLIMENTS MAKING PEOPLE LAUGH ANIMALS.
    Dislikes: CRY BABIES UNREASONABLY STUBBORN INDIVIDUALS HIGH AMOUNTS OF LOW SELF CONFIDENCE HOT WEATHER STUDYING PERSONAL QUESTIONS LOUD NOISES RUSHING INTO THINGS BORING OR PREDICTABLE PERSONALITIES HIGH AMOUNTS OF RESPONSIBILITY.
    Weaknesss/Fears: HIGH PRESSURE SITUATIONS UNFAMILIAR AREAS CROWDS BEING IGNORED / FORGOTTEN ANYONE BECOMING OVERLY ATTACHED TO HIM ANYONE AS STUBBORN AS HE CAN BE.
    Strengths/Talents: MUSIC THINKING THINGS THROUGH PROBLEM SOLVING FIT / ATHLETIC BUILD QUICK FIGHT OR FLIGHT RESPONSES HIGH DEDUCTION SKILLS AND A DECENT AMOUNT INTUITION EXCEPTIONAL SOCIAL SKILLS.
    Personality: OFTEN BLUNT AND TO THE POINT WITH THOSE HE IS CLOSE TO, HE HAS AN OVERALL FUN AND MILDLY ENERGETIC PERSONALITY -- WHEN COMFORTABLE AND IN SOCIAL SITUATIONS. IT TAKES A BIT OF WORK TO GET INTO PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS WITH HIM, BUT HE'S A GREAT LISTENER AND CASUAL CONVERSATIONALIST. HE IS EXTREMELY SERIOUS ABOUT WHAT HE DOES, AND WHEN HE PUTS HIS HEART INTO SOMETHING IT BECOMES A TOP PRIORITY ... HE'S A BIT DRAMATIC, TREATING 'KEEPING PROMISES' AS URGENCY AS SURVIVAL. HE HOLDS A MEAN GRUDGE AND ONCE YOU MAKE IT ONTO HIS 'DISLIKE' LIST, YOU'RE NOT LIKELY TO GET OFF OF IT.

HE HAS A SARCASTIC SENSE OF HUMOR AND IS EXTREMELY AMBITIOUS. WHEN HE WANTS SOMETHING -- HE WANTS IT. THOUGH HE ENJOYS THINKING THINGS THROUGH, HE IS RATHER IMPATIENT WITH THE FINAL RESULT AND IS LIKELY TO UNINTENTIONALLY FORCE THINGS INTO BEING. SOMETIMES THAT BECOMES RATHER EXTREME ...

OTHER TRAITS: DETAIL ORIENTED // HEAD-STRONG // SOMEWHAT EMPATHETIC // SOMEWHAT SELF-RIGHTEOUS // A JERK, AT TIMES // PLAYFUL // DEFENSIVE

Sexuality: HETEROSEXUAL, IF ASKED.
    Favorite Color: #66ad7a
    Instrument(s): DRUMS // GUITAR .
    Crush?: PENDING ...
    Cupid's Brew?: YES.
    Availability: SAME.
    Other:

17. cstar stay away from my waifu

Full Name: Isaac Holden
    Appearance: Isaac
    Likes: Fencing, Horses, Tattoos, Dogs, Zorbing, Candy, Partying, Cross-stitching, Photography, Experimenting with Relationships(Meaning purposefully making friends or enemies)
    Dislikes: Mosquitoes, Hangovers, People Crying/Sad, Hardcore-PDA, Awkward Silences.
    Weaknesses/Fears: Afraid of spiders,irrational fear of balloons. Is very Vain and constantly brags about himself and his "accomplishments". Over-emotional.
    Strengths/Talents: Photography, Tap-dancing, Storytelling, Public Speaking, Multi-tasking
    Personality: He is one of those kids that at first impressions, comes off as a total ****** and seems to talk about himself a lot. After a while, he tends to come across as a relatively nice guys who cares(somewhat). He rarely is ever quiet, and when he is it means something is very, very wrong. He believes that he can love more than one person at once and things that enough people like him enough for that to be a possibility in life. When he drinks he is a stupid drinker, and often does dare-devilish things under the influence.
    Sexuality: Polysexual (Has a strong belief in Polygamy)
    Favorite Color: #4654b8
    Instrument(s): Harp, Bass Guitar, Voice(Countertenor)
    Crush?: ---chuse4meplz
    Cupid's Brew?: Yes (He bought it when he was drunk, thinking it was cool. Has a plan on using it on -insert a crush here-)
    Availability: (We've already discussed it)
    Other: He is a "casual drinker" not an alcoholic. or so he claims

18. Jayn

Accepted, thank you,​

19. Mysty Unknown

Full Name: Ethan Michael Prince
    Appearance: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdw645OcxA1r3sb6fo1_500.png
    Dislikes: Cheating, Large Breasts, Board Games
    Weaknesses/Fears: A sucker for flat chests, cant hold his own in a fight, water
    Strengths/Talents: Smart, Creative, Gentle
    Personality: A nice guy who has a somewhat girly side to him. He has an obsession with women however. He also keeps his girly traits a sectet
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Favorite Color: Black and Green
    Instrument(s): Vocals and Piano
    Crush?: Surprise me
    Availability: Same as Xara
    Other:

20. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Full Name: Zachary B. Masterson
    Appearance: http://s188.photobucket.com/user/deven5/media/PixivId894885full1005878_zps7a08ba70.jpg.html
    Likes: Games, bracelets, chains, piercings, obscure cultures, ****s, interesting things, fire, lazing about, anime, books
    Dislikes: Boredom, high energy people, bright colors, ballet, people who fit a mold, difficult puzzles, being looked down upon, manga, metal detectors
    Weaknesses/Fears: Being alone, not being good enough for his career, snakes, bad with children, hungry often.
    Strengths/Talents: Funny, Independent, Determined, Poker face, Good listener, Metalsmith work.
    Personality: He wants to live another day and will do most anything to make that happen. He will put others above himself, and will always look for the route that benefits everyone, but mostly himself. He will join in on a prank or two and he loves a audience, no matter the stage.
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Favorite Color: Royal blue
    Instrument(s): Vocals
    Crush?: Noelle, Elisa, Pierce, Erik
    Availability: Same as James
    Other: Wants to learn a string instrument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.