Chain of Memories Zexions death

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Godbert, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godbert Moogle Assistant

I just played trough rikus story again and it suddenly hit me, why exactly did axel unleash riku replica on zexion? Surely it wasn't because it was "more fun" to watch sora and riku as he said and I don't believe it was because zexion "failed" seeing as: 1) By what we see in KH2 the organization dosn't punish with death failing members.
    2) Zexion didn't actually "fail" seeing as no one gave him orders to do what he did, he just needed riku to stop marly from taking over, which of course is a good thing for the org...

SO, why?

2. Bariyou Destiny Islands Resident

Well, to be honest, Zexion was originally concerned about what Marluxia was going to do with Sora. Zexion was also working with Vexen, who Axel killed on the grounds of betraying the Organization. It's safe to then assume that Axel target Zexion, completely out of speculation that Zexion was going to betray Marluxia, whom Axel had to gain trust.

To put it short, Zexion was killed, because Axel needed to get Marluxia's trust, more than likely.

3. The Dreaded Paw Merlin's Housekeeper

Wasn't Marluxia dead by this time? Or at least Axel had already declared his betrayal to Marluxia?
    I haven't played the game in a really long time, but weren't Zexion, Vexen, and Lexaeus also trying to take over the organization?
    If that's true ( and I'm not positive it is), then Axel was only helping to rid the organization of traitors.

4. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

I havent played all of CoM, but Ive watched all the ReCoM vids. Werent axel larxene and marluxia going to take over the organization? So you have 6 guys; they split down teh middle and they all wanted control...Marluxia wasnt dead yet because axel killed vexen sent rikureplica to kill zexion and lexaeus/ so theres no one to kill Marluxia...or am I misunderstanding?
    Thanks xD

5. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

Sora kills Marluxia.

Axel killed Zexion, because by the time he knew that Axel had killed the others, and he had to kill Zex so he wouldn't tell.

6. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Sorry I didnt specify, I know sora kills him xD
    I meant no opposing org members to kill marluxia :rolleyes:
    But yea that makes sense, I really hated when they killed him though ;_____;

7. Godbert Moogle Assistant

Wait guys you made a mess of the story :p
    Marluxia tried to take over the org by using sora.
    Vexen apperantly was with marluxia, then failed, told zexion and finally killed by axel to gain marluxias trust.
    Zexion was trying to stop marluxia by taking over riku (Actually SAVING the org).
    Marluxia then gets offed by sora.
    Zexion gets killed...

The only logical explanation would be *Roxa$*'s but then again in KH2:FM xaldin refers to axel as the one who is suposed to take care of all the betrayals within the org... So no reason to hide killing vexen right? I would think killing zexion is something he would like to hide, but the again why do it in the first place?

8. Lisaralin Destiny Islands Resident

I think that Axel had all the reasons to hide killing Vexen, because Vexen wasn't a traitor, he was working with Zexion and Lexaeus to stop Marluxia's plan.....Zexion was the only one who knew that Axel killed Vexen, the only witness that could report tha facts to the Superior....so Axel had to kill him (poor Zexion!!)
    And then maybe he came back to World That Never Was and said that the other Org members in Castle Oblivion were all traitor allied with Marluxia....
    Always IMHO, obviously....

9. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

That makes Lexaeus collateral damage...

10. BlessedOne148 Destiny Islands Resident

It's like *Roxa$* and Lisralin said. Zexion was killed so he couldn't report exactly was Axel was doing at Castle Oblivion and get Axel killed. Axel wanted to be the only survivor so he could tell the story from HIS point of view, without anyone else to counter it.

11. MMisha Merlin's Housekeeper

Right.
    Zexion never really liked Axel, or anyone for that matter.
    So if he had survived, he surely would have told the Superior what had happened in the Castle, and outranking Axel, the Superior would have believed him.
    And Axel, knowing this, took him out.
    Zexion didn't betray the Organization or anything, really.

12. khmaniac101 Traverse Town Homebody

what are you guyes talkin about axel just wanted to have fun

13. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

I wonder what Xemnas thought when he found out that everyone except Axel died in some way at CO :D

14. Rosey Chaser

He probably was mad... I can imagine it now....

Xemnas: WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU KILLED EACH OTHER!!!!????!!!!!???!!!

Axel: *backs away slowly*

Ive never been sure why they killed Zexy. Axel probably felt there was compitiion for Roxas XD XD XD XD XD XD

15. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

khmaniac, he didn't want to have fun.

16. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

17. Gravity Chaser

Axel killed Zexion because he knew too much. At the point when the event occured, he was one of the last (if not the last) Organization member in Castle. Axel would have to take him out in order to keep him from telling Xemnas what REALLY happened.

(And I think it's safe to say that Xemnas never really found out...though he might have suspected it.)

18. Simply put:

Axel went on a fun killing spree.

19. Gravity Chaser

Pretty much...with a few complications and such. But yes, that's exactly what happened.

So there's your answer.

20. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

Well, it COULD have been that Axel was still trying to earn Marluxia's trust so he could double-cross him. But it was never mentioned.

My REAL answer would be that it was just Axel's personality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.