YouTube not playing on Firefox?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Luna Lovegood, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Alrighty, so just today I've been having this problem with Firefox. When I try to watch a Youtube video (from its Youtube page), all I see is a black box where the video should be. No play button, no time, no anything. Just a big box of blackness. Also, I can't get on to any Playfish games on Facebook. It says I have to upgrade my version of flash player. Everything works on IE, though. Excuse my newbness, but is it really a problem with my version of flash?

2. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

What version of flash are you using? If it is older, then upgrade it and see it gets solved.
    If not, then try this: Go to "Tools" Select "Add ons" disable Java quick starter 1.0.
    Also, if those don't work then check to see if you have the latest java version. If not, download it and install it (to make this job easier use Javara).

3. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I have I think flash 9 or 10. Nothing ancient. And I see no Java quick starter in my add ons. :/ If I have to download/install something, I can't do that myself, as this is the family desktop, and I don't have "administrator privileges". I am getting the feeling this has something to do with Java, if not flash, so I'll probably have to talk to one of my 'rents about it (this won't be fun because they actually read instructions which takes foreeeevvvvverrrrrr).

Thanks for your help, though. : )

4. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Try this. Go to your Control Panel, then select the Java icon (should be next to Internet Options). This will open the Java Control Panel. From there, go to your General tab and look at the Temporary Internet Files section. There should be a button there that says "Settings...", click it, this will open another window.

Once you've done this, you should see a button that asks if you wish to delete temporary Java files. Let it do this; this will not change anything like saved passwords or cookies. You're basically clearing Java's cache, much like you would a browser cache. Let me know if this works.

Also, do you have any add-ons in Firefox that would cause these sorts of things to be blocked, like NoScript or Flashblock?

5. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

adobe flash player is a vidoe script file that allows you to watch videos and play games on your pc so yes it is very important that you upgrade that. after it's upgraded everything should work properly.^ ^

6. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Nashida, I was about to try out what you suggested, but it so turns out that whenever I try to open Firefox, it crashes within a few seconds. I'm frankly getting fed up with it, so I'll be using IE for now. :/

Ah well. My newbness wins this time. Thanks for your time, everyone. c:

7. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

sure no prob glad to help!^ ^

8. The Twin My, what a strange duet

No problem...Firefox does seem like it's crashing a lot on Youtube lately...my brother has been forced to use Safari and Chrome for Youtube now, and Firefox for everything else. I myself adore Chrome.

9. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

That's probably why Firefox keeps crashing for me whenever I open it. My homepage is Youtube. I don't even have time to change sites before it crashes.

...Craaaap. ._.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Have you tried just quickly hitting the Stop button when it opens? Or perhaps starting it in Safe Mode?
    That'll at least let you change the homepage and get you off IE, lol.

11. Kubo Kingdom Keeper