Yen Sid: Keyblade Wielder?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Darkcloud, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I dunno if this topic has been started on a thread or not, so sorry if it has.

Any chance we'll see Yen Sid in KH3 (or any KH game for that matter) fight/summon a keyblade? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him duel Xehanort...

2. Antidote Façade

I doubt it, personally. He seems to stay on the sidelines giving guidance and imparting his knowledge unto other Keyblade wielders.

In the beginning of Birth by Sleep, when referring to Yen Sid, Eraqus said that he is 'no longer a master' - this could mean that he is a retired Keyblade Master or even no longer able to use one.

3. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Makes sense, but then again, with the upcoming battle with Xehanort, where we have oh-so-many light keyblades and oh-so-many darkness keyblades, it would make a neat twist if he made a surprise appearance in the final battle.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

We already know that he's a Keyblade Master--not only because of his vast knowledge on the subject, but also since he trained Mickey, could administer the Mark of Mastery exam and then actually bestow the Mark of Mastery, and gave Lea a Keyblade.

I personally think it would be really cool to see Yen Sid actually wield, and I wouldn't be surprised if we did. It would be within Master Xehanort's character, or at least some other New Organization member's, to attack Mysterious Tower directly in order to take Yen Sid out and remove the Lights' source of knowledge and mentor. In such an event, Yen Sid might have his hand forced and summon his Keyblade to fend off the attacker. It would make sense in terms of narrative, too, as part of the Hero's Journey, killing their mentor and razing their base.

5. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

True, but then again that's not Disney's style, killing off one of it's heroes like that...blowing up the home base, maybe, but not killing off one of the main heroes like that. Maybe in some tragic battle against Xehanort, but not simply gone in an explosion of home base.

Personally, I just want to see Yen Sid go all out: show that he can muster up an unnecessarily large amount of force against Xehanort like the latter did against Terra, Aqua and Ven. :3