Kingdom Hearts II Xigbar battle guide.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by MasterNightmare, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

this is for anyone who (like me) can find Xiggy to be a pain in the butt on proud, but this can be used on all difficulties i believe!

also...i cant use summons in this fight... hmmm....

another thing, i dont use forms for this fight... but you can if you want :D

ok, so it's good to be at least level 50, but it's possible at lower levels, i mean, some can beat him at level one! but yeah.

get as much raw defense as you can! he doesnt have an element as far as i could see.... other than ANNOYING!

if you have it, go for the heros crest or star seeker (you'll see why on the star seeker).

so, here are my reccomendations for this fight!

remember, this is an AIR BATTLE! but you'll be on the ground, so remember!

Abilities:
    [Action]
    Guard 2AP
    Horizontal slash 2AP
    Aerial Sweep 2AP
    Aerial Spiral 2AP
    Aerial Finish 3AP
    Trinity Limit 5AP (this is to save yourself if needed)
    [Growth]
    High Jump LV1 or better 2AP
    Quick Run Lv2 or 3 2AP
    Aerial Dodge LV2 or better 3AP
    Glide LV1 or better 3AP
    [Support]
    Scan 2AP
    Aerial Recovery 2AP
    Air Combo Plus 2@1AP each
    Air Combo Boost 3AP
    Reaction Boost 2AP
    Finishing Plus 5AP
    Combination Boost 4AP
    Leaf Bracer 1AP
    Magic Lock-On 1AP
    Item Boost 2AP
    MP Rage 3AP
    MP Haste 3AP
    Once More 4AP
    Second Chance 4AP

Donald
    Donald Cure 3 AP
    Fantasia (Comet) 3AP
    Flare Force (Duck Flare) 3AP
    Mp Rage 3AP
    MP Hastera 4AP
    Hyper Healing 3AP

Goofy
    Teamwork (Knocksmash) 3AP
    Defender 3AP
    Second Chance 4AP
    Once More 4AP
    Hyper Healing 3AP

now for equipment and Customization!

i'll focus on Sora for equips

Weapons:
    Main: Hero's Crest/Star Seeker
    Valor: anything
    Master: Anything
    Final: Anything
    Armor:
    1:Cosmic Belt
    2&3: anything you have with good defence! (3 or better, like ribbons!)
    Accessories:
    1:Cosmic ring
    2:Cosmic arts
    3: anything to accommodate abilities and possibly with strength
    Items
    4 Hipotions, 2 ethers. i go with 6 ethers personally :D

Customize
    O: an item equipped
    Triangle: attack spell
    Square: Reflect
    X: Cure

customize Donald and goofy as you see fit.

also, complete the 100 acre woods to get curaga! a big help... ok, onto the fight :D
    if you arent gonna loop, go with the hero's crest, if you are, go with star seeker!
    also, red bullets are blockable, blue ARE NOT!

ok, the battle starts with Reload & Perch, when it goes first person from Xigbars view, just stay calm, wait a moment, guard, the hit the reaction command! when he's off the perch, get ready for a possible side snipe, in which he teleports his guns next to you, then fires from both sides with slight homing. otherwise, he'll just do a normal sniping combo to attack, either way, evade side snipe, and guard the combo, if enough bullets hit him, he'll be stunned! cool eh? if you see him let his guns hag down, it means he's attackable, but if your not there in time, he'll use a combo! also, he'll occasionally say "armed, and reload" i think it is, and you can attack him during that. also, he'll occasionally change the platyforms, just guard and get him in a reload, a finisher puts you back into the normal arena also, he'll soon start big blue bullet shot, which you can either use the RC then Aerial dodge out of it, or use Reflect when he shoots it to get rid of it!
    at about 1 bar damage, he'll start drop down shots, which are annoying and hard to guard, but guardable.
    the more health he loses, the more shots added, total of 3!
    when he says "Now Were Talking!" hes in his second and most annoying form! he can go despiration any moment! he also reloads less, so take any chance you get! in his despiration, he uses blue bullets ONLY. simple jump up, then when you've jumped over his bullet twister, and areon the ground, reflect in a corner to dodge his Sideline Sniping, when he wont shoot you with his SS during it, go in the direction he's moving, but stay out of the way! then comes the most annoying part of the DM and the most DANGEROUS! this is what once more is for! just run around staying away from your allies, or activate comet and occasionally hit the RC, when it's passed, if you have some comet lkimit left, use it for free attacks and time for no damage :D

good luck, and have fun :D

and looping is easy, just have the Star seeker on, and when he's vulnerable, attack once, then use horizontal slashen, and use finishers, then he shouldn't go DM if done right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.