Kingdom Hearts Xemnas/Unknown boss in KHFM

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by kaseykockroach, Sep 20, 2013.

1. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Does anyone know for certain how to unlock the Xemnas (aka Unknown) boss battle in KH 1.5 Remix? The walkthroughs I've glanced at seem to vary on what's exactly needed (some say you need all the dalmatians, some say you need all the trinities, some say you just need to beat the second visit to Hollow Bastion, etc).

2. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

The latter is correct. After the second visit to Hollow Bastion, head to the Castle Chapel. There should be a dark portal there similar to the one you had to go through to get to the Dragon Maleficent fight. Go through that and there he is.

3. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Thanks! I wasn't looking forward to the dalmatian/trinity searching at all.
    I used to own KH2FM, and indeed accomplished the feat of beating Terra (on Proud mode). How does Unknown/Xemnas compare in terms of difficulty? Any particular suggestions I should heed?

4. 1ofamillion Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't know if it's too late, but I found the battle not too bad. I was a high level, so that's probably why. All I did was use areoga, and slashed away. I cured when appropriate, and definitely use leaf bracer if you have it. Bring ethers, and good luck! (Although you have probably already beat him by now XD)

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

also want to add that he has a weakness to Gravity. if you're lucky, it will even stun him long enough to give you a free combo on him.

6. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Don't use a ton of Combo Plus's because he rarely staggers. Equip Zantetsuken if you have it because it has a stun chance.

7. Jin うごかないで

I think that the best strategy for him is have a high defence and a lot of potions , equip a load to donald and goofy and set their customs all to the far right (meaning they'll rarely do anything like using potions unless sora is low on health) and when it comes to the actual battle most of it is toughing it out , apart from when it comes to the shock thing that saps your health and the command menu turns into shock and release and you have to hit release , he will do this atleast twice later on , but it's best to have tinkerbell summoned throughout the battle , if you die from shock release tinkerbell will revive you once but you will not be able to summon her again so be careful , All I can really say is that you need to have good timing , people say he's harder than Sephi but I had a lot more trouble with sephi than I did with xemnas on proud mode. even so I had to hit level 100 before I dared to face either of them in 1.5 remix.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I can't decide if Xemnas is harder or easier than Sephiroth, so I will tentatively say they're about even; while Xemnas doesn't hit quite as hard per strike, he is much more aggressive and he has a much wider variety of attacks. As mentioned, he has a weakness to Gravity and several of the new finishers (Gravity Break and Zantetsuken work for sure). Whenever he's hit with one of these attacks, he's stunned - but only long enough for a three-hit combo, so don't bother equipping any Combo Plus abilities. Air combos are best, as they are faster and landing cancels your recovery.

For other equipment, I'd recommend you go in with Strike Raid and a full stock of Elixirs, as you can use these to yolo his last health bar - maybe last two if you play the best game of your life. Swap out the Elixirs for Megalixirs if you're having trouble; keeping your teammates healthy means Xemnas has more targets, and if he turns his attention to them for even a few seconds it could be the difference between life and death.

The first time he uses his little force choke has a very specific window, and you can trigger it with a combo finisher. Once you've depleted one of his life bars, every time you do a combo finisher just back up as far as you can; with any luck he'll whiff and you'll be safe for a while longer. After that though he could decide to punish you with it any time you miss an attack or try to bumrush him, so be careful. The less of those he lands, the better.

I believe I beat him at Lv80 on Proud with no Second Chance, so if you're not shy about using SC you should be able to beat him at... what, 60 on Normal? Let's go with that.

9. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Xemnas in this is harder than Sephiroth because of his life drain and sometimes if you get too close he uses the balls of energy on you and Xemans is almost impossible to hit durring that attack being within the range of painful energy Xemnas, and if that isn't enough he could have just avoid attacks becoming intangible and can flick off death blows (part of the aftermath of the battle not a part of it).

10. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Buddy all you really need is:
    • Second Chance, All of the Critical Pluses you have, and Once More
    • Summon Tinker Bell, Cast Aeroga a lot, and Curaga and put these two spells in your shortcut.
    • De-equip all of Goofy's MP costing abilities except for Evolution and MP Gift
    • Equip Donald and Goofy with weapons and accessories that maximize their overall MP.
    • Equip one Combo Plus
    • Get those Combo Finishers
    • Elixirs, Megaelixirs can come in handy.
    • Use a good keyblade such as Lionheart, One-Winged Angel, or Rumbling Rose
    • Keep spamming your attacks (I saw no need for special moves such as Strike Raid or Sonic Blade.)
    In the end he wasn't that hard. I beat him at lv.79 on Proud Mode after defeating all the other secret bosses and I did it with One-Winged Angel. I was probably over-leveled. To be honest Sephiroth was harder due to hitting a bit rougher and freakin teleporting.

11. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah and I beat sephiorth at level 62, xemnas at level 72. also I didn't use any of what you suggested which made both fight harder and to me more fun although I used sonic blade, it helped avoid the life drain. the teleporting was tough but I atapted to it after my first death. although he is right with those points you can beat him easy.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  12. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

He really wasn't that tough. Albeit I was level 100 and had my item slots full of elixirs/megalixirs, I just cast Aeroga and pummeled him with combos and healed when necessary until he was defeated. And this was on proud mode. By far the most annoying attack in his arsenal is the shock attack in which you must properly time and click a command cue to be released before it KO's you. That aside, just combo, heal, repeat. ​

13. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

So was I, don't use items and Aeroga (I don't use them because it makes things too easy), then you will come to agree difficult

14. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Why on earth were you at level 100?! I mean cudos for being prepared but that is a bit much. Plus, I used the same strategy you did. But Level 80 is usually the max when it comes to taking this guy. Plus, all of that wasted experience you gained from Xemnas. That was 12,000 experience points and it could have been much more if you had equipped an accessory.

15. Jin うごかないで

Well, It's possible to beat him at any level actually. I guess some people just have their preference's on how prepared they want to be for certain bosses on KH, I mean I prepared in advance for Sephiroth my first time around cause I was on proud mode, using the Ice titan to level up to 100 before facing Sephiroth but around level 90 I started getting tired of leveling so I just went ahead and fought him. Xemnas can be a real pain but the only thing that will kill you off is that command lock where you need to time it right to break free I believe Terra does something simmilar in KH2.5, But yeah it's not easy for some and for some of us it can be very easy it depends on what kind of player you are.

But you are right though I learned that the easiest way to beat Xemnas was to basically equip yourself full of elixers and ethers, and summon tinkerbell. tinkerbell acts as sort of a extra life if you die with her summoned like i've said in my last post but the best thing to do is stay defensive against him until he's used his combo attack then he'll be open to a lot of damage.

16. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Yes, I agree. Handicapping yourself will indeed make any boss battle more difficult. That is correct.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't level 100 because I leveled that much in prep for the Xemnas battle. I was level 100 because I already had equipped 3/4 of the experience boosting items in the game and naturally came to be that strong through farming for all the items needed to synth all items in the game, and going through the coliseum cups in all modes, etc. I did all that before facing any of the superbosses.

Very true. I did not mean to imply that if you found him to very challenging that anyone is less of a player in any way. For as simple as I found Xemnas in KHFM, the Mysterious Figure in BBS gave me massive difficulty. Everyone plays differently. Everyone prepares differently. If you want to be at level 1 with experience zero on proud, go for it. If you want to be level 100 with max spells, Ultima Weapon and megalixirs, great. So long as how you play is how you best enjoy them game. All I intended was to share with the OP how I found it best to defeat Xemnas. No harm intended.​

17. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I handicap myself because simply beating them that way doens't give me joy, I want it to feel like an accomplishment so the harder it is the greater the accomplishment